PDA

View Full Version : Let's Players

Karifean
06-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Do you watch Let's Players? Regularly? What do you think of the whole Let's-Playing-scene in general? Discuss.

I personally particularly like the RunawayGuys. All three of them are pretty good at making let's-plays and they're also sympathetic people whenever they appear in a different context. ProtonJon is the one who got me into the whole genre so yeah.

Final Fantasy wise, I'm really digging Darkkefka right now. His videos are pretty cool to watch and I never felt like I was missing out by not actually playing the game instead. His Top 10 Countdowns are really good as well. He seems like a rather swell guy.

Bolivar
06-04-2013, 12:23 AM
You know I really can't get into them, after a few minutes, even in instructional videos, I always think I'm wasting my time watching somebody else play video games when I could be doing a million other things, most obviously playing the thing myself. It sucks, because watching Dota matches is one of the best ways to learn, but it's real tough to spend 40 minutes to an hour watching one game...

edczxcvbnm
06-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Lets Play videos need to add a whole lot more than just commentary for me to watch or they need to be pretty short. There was a guy who did space quest and voiced all of the dialog himself. That was pretty cool. Or when The Spoony Experiment did SWAT 4 where he made each installment like an actual produced episode of something and by the end things got out of control and hilarious!

Lonely Paper Star
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
I usually watch NODE's (which consist of the guys from freddiew and Corridor Digital) Lan Party episodes, as well as Markiplier's and Cr1tikal's (I think his username on YouTube is penguinz0 or something) Let's Plays. Markiplier does mostly horror games, while NODE does games of various kinds. While those two do their comments at the same time they play, I hear Cr1tikal does his commentary after he records his gaming session.

Pike
06-04-2013, 01:15 AM
I tend to read rather than watch Let's Players.

I have written them on occasion as well! :monster:

Aulayna
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I usually watch Day9's ones because he's just hilarious. The one where he plays Amnesia had me in tears from laughing so much.

Loony BoB
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I like the written ones because they can be more selective with what they show you without it feeling too rushed. They can write their own transitions. I like the videos on occasion, preferring the ones where people provide commentary rather than simply reading things out. If the commentary is good, it all works out - but you need a fair bit of charisma and a good voice to pull it off. Sometimes the people have everything but still have a terrible voice and I just don't like listening to that.

Psychotic
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Watching the RoosterTeeth boys take on Minecraft is always brilliant.

Slothy
06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I usually watch Day9's ones because he's just hilarious. The one where he plays Amnesia had me in tears from laughing so much.

God I wish he'd play horror games more often. Those are always great for a laugh. The Amnesia one probably is my favourite though. First LP I ever watched from start to finish.

maybee
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes !

For Sims 3 I watch Quxxn. She's very bubbly, outgoing and she easily feels to express her opinions easily. She has most Sims games and content. She can be a little " ohmygosh " ! Sometimes, but she's still neat and entertaining. I don't don't know what her obsession with males and body-hair is though, but er, she likes it. Alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3BZvzWG4Q

For Final Fantasy I watch HC Bailey. He know his Final Fantasy and he's rather talented and usually knows the best or good ways to complete the games, get secret weapons and he can sometimes do a funny now and again. HC also does excellent LP's of other RPG's as well including the Dragon Quest games.

Let's Play Final Fantasy IV COMPLETE #01 - Demolition Man - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQYE72fc2w&list=PL085A14ED34061DA6&index=2)

For Nintendo-ish games or for his Final Fantasy X LP and his Conker's Bad Fur Day LP I watch NintendoCaprisun. Very entertaining and because of him I go around saying " You tell that asshole" ! Whenever gaming or in real life. I don't think I've seen a dull video of his yet.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (Blind) Part 1: Rated M - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqfTvcuKdp0&list=PLDE6BC3767EAC18B2&index=1)

For Sonic I watch Cybershell. Oh my gosh, this guy cracks me up every-time. However he's stopped LP which makes me very sad. Just .... watch it.

Let's Play Sonic the Hedgehog: Labyrinth Zone (Part 1) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLzw9Xt7yWQ)

Pheesh
06-04-2013, 03:25 PM
He doesn't really do full 'Let's Plays' often, but Robbaz is definitely my favourite of these kind of youtubers. He is the funniest fuck I have ever seen, dat accent xDD

KH-Cloudy
06-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Watching the RoosterTeeth boys take on Minecraft is always brilliant.

Their Let's Play channel itself is pretty hilarious as well!

Karifean
06-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Honorable Mention goes to raocow, whose videos always put a smile on my face. So much positivity.