PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter: And the hat says ...

Sephiroth
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Brave? Smart? Talented/Diligent and kind? Or is your ambition stronger?

What would the hat say where you belong to? Or would you cheat a bit like Harry and influence its decision?

Shorty
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Slytherin is the best house, but it's full of punks. I'd be happiest in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

I wouldn't cheat unless it tried to assign me to Hufflepuff, which, in all probability, it would.

Sephiroth
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Slytherin is the best house, but it's full of punks. I'd be happiest in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

I wouldn't cheat unless it tried to assign me to Hufflepuff, which, in all probability, it would.

So you think your talent is greater than the rest but you don't want it?

I guess with my ambition I would get put into Slytherin - however, I would like Ravenclaw more because it also fits. Like you said, you immediately imagine punks in Slytherin.

Del Murder
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm probably Ravenclaw.

maybee
06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Potter-More said HufflePuff for me. A very underated House imo.

Jinx
06-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I am very much a Slytherin. Pottermore placed me there twice, and in Ravenclaw once. I was so.upset when I was put in Ravenclaw. I love Slythetin. I plan on getting the crest as a tattoo eventually.

Pheesh
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Having trouble thinking which I'd be. I don't think I'm Gryffindor, maybe I'd sneak in there considering that not everyone in Gryffindor in the books seems to be all that brave, and daring etc. and I'm generally a nice guy. I dunno that I'm studious enough to be a Ravenclaw, but they also have wit, so maybe. Hufflepuff... I don't think so, hard work and patience isn't really my thing. Slytherin indeed seems to be full of jerks, I also don't think of myself as cunning.

In the OP you say talented, but I don't remember that being one of the values of any particular house. If it is then I'm probably in that one.

Pike
06-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I want to be a Ravenclaw but the hat would probably put me in Hufflepuff xD

Sephiroth
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
In the OP you say talented, but I don't remember that being one of the values of any particular house. If it is then I'm probably in that one.

Maybe J. K. Rowling wrote something different in English. In German the hat says Harry is brave, intelligent, has talent and ambition/the desire to prove what he is capable of, meaning he fits for all houses. It seems that Hufflepuff is for all kind of people, however. Kind and diligent. Diligent is something I would have thought about with "talented" anyway. I have checked.

Denmark
06-05-2013, 01:43 AM
i'm a ravenclaw. i'm not known for my bravery, i'm not a stoner (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5SSYtXCMAEEx2C.jpg), and i'm not terribly (evil). and i am smart/clever, i think.

Psychotic
06-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Definitely not Gryffindor.

Laddy
06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Gryffindor or Ravenclaw for me. Maybe Slytherin though it's full of pricks. Hufflepuff is the worst.

blackmage_nuke
06-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Pottermore put me in Ravenclaw but I think I was able to influence it's decisions to do so.

Shauna
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Pottermore put me in Ravenclaw, and I am pretty cool with that. Think it suits me.

Freya
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm clawsome. Ravenclaw of course. Pottermore put me there and I've always associated with that house as well.

Chris
06-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I always get place in Hufflepuff. I'm more than thrilled about that. :blush:

Depression Moon
06-06-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't have a clue where I'd be. Is there a way for me to get sorted without joining Pottermore?

Jinx
06-06-2013, 02:14 AM
No. Unless you take a crappy online quiz.

I actually really liked Pottermore's quiz. There were a few questions that you could tell which has was which, but mostly they're completely ambiguous. You can get to the sorting chapter pretty quickly, though.

CimminyCricket
06-06-2013, 02:24 AM
I like the name Ravenclaw, so that would be the house I imagine myself getting sorted into.

Freya
06-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Yay Cim you're Clawesome too! :D

Bunny
06-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I would like to say Ravenclaw, just to fit in with everyone else, but realistically I would be a member of Slytherin.

Shiny
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Slyntherin - ambitious and cunning. I like helping others, but only if they are in my circle. I haven't taken any quizzes or gone to Pottermore; just going by the books.

Actually the cunning part isn't true. I am pretty honest like Hufflepuffs but my ambitions is slightly higher than any honesty, modesty, or loyality a Hufflepuff offers.

Sephiroth
06-06-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't have a clue where I'd be. Is there a way for me to get sorted without joining Pottermore?

Actually the thread was not about Pottermore. I did not know this quiz exists - or forgot it. It is more like what you think which of your characteristics are distinctive. So just say it, you don't need to test it.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't understand why Slytherin gets so much hate. The books make it pretty clear that there are just as many good witches and wizards in Slytherin as there are any other house. Cunning and ambition don't have to be "evil" personality traits.

Denmark
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Slytherin just gets hate because every Slytherin we meet in the books is an asshole. Snape redeems himself but he's still an asshole. Slughorn could be the exception I guess.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I think she probably made Slughorn a good guy (who had his demons and faults) to specifically counter-act Snape killing Dumbledore at the end of the book. Saying: See, not everybody from Slytherin is bad. They're just people.

Like, Slughorn steals some of P. Sprout's plants (or at least the leaves) and he smooth talks his way into getting Eragog's poison. Cunning? Yes. Terrible? Not really. I don't think him doing that is really anything worse than Harry ever did.

Gryffindor's full of jerks too, but since the story is from the perspective of Harry, as well as Gryffindor as a whole, we are on their side.

Denmark
06-06-2013, 02:57 PM
yeah, I'm not saying there are NO non-evil people in Slytherin. they just get lavished with hate because, well, the two most prominent representatives of Slytherin House (besides Voldy, obviously) in Harry's life are Snape and Draco Malfoy. and they're both complete dicks to Harry for the vast majority of the series (Malfoy comes around, not that that excuses him from previous transgressions)

whatev i'm just ravenclawing

i might like ravenclaw partly because they're relatively underrepresented in the books and we learn relatively little about them.

Sephiroth
06-06-2013, 03:10 PM
When I think of Snape being such a *insert bad word here* I automatically think of James, Sirius and the others mocking him. He definitely made his mistakes like becoming a Death Eater and all but when I think about what lead him to his mistakes and that he still was a good guy he is no good "evil people in Slytherin" example, if you ask me. He is one of those characters like Harry and Dumbledore which are shown to have their dark sides or troublesome past and who still are the greatest heroes in their world. I mean - even Draco was just some coward who did what he did because he grew up in an intolerant family and he just did not want to get killed by Voldemort.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
When I think of Snape being such a *insert bad word here* I automatically think of James, Sirius and the others mocking him. He definitely made his mistakes like becoming a Death Eater and all but when I think about what lead him to his mistakes and that he still was a good guy he is no good "evil people in Slytherin" example, if you ask me. He is one of those characters like Harry and Dumbledore which are shown to have their dark sides or troublesome past and who still are the greatest heroes in their world. I mean - even Draco was just some coward who did what he did because he grew up in an intolerant family and he just did not want to get killed by Voldemort.

This, exactly.

Aulayna
06-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Pottermore put me into Ravenclaw so... Ravenclaw.

Night Fury
06-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I was a Slytherin on Pottermore. I like being a snake.

Also, everyone saying that Slytherin is full of pricks, the best EoFFers have all said Slytherin. You're just jealous cos we're pure. /smug

Pheesh
06-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I didn't say Slytherin D:<

Night Fury
06-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Well you should have. :colbert:

Shauna
06-09-2013, 06:08 PM
:colbert:

All the cool kids said Ravenclaw. Although I don't know if that's because we all think too highly of ourselves and our superior intellect.

Night Fury
06-09-2013, 06:30 PM
No.

It's because you're all stinking mudbloods.

Shauna
06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Ugh! So mean.

Night Fury
06-09-2013, 06:33 PM
It's only because I fancy you.

Shauna
06-09-2013, 06:35 PM
:blush: :heart:

Still mean though

escobert
06-09-2013, 06:52 PM
RavenClaw ftw!

did the pottermore test and got Ravenclaw! score!

also got a super sweet wand! 13inch unyielding Sycamore Dragon Core

Freya
06-10-2013, 12:52 AM
It's cause we're all nerdy. That's why we get ravenclaw!

Makoeyes
06-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Pottermore said Slytherin, but I honestly would've thought I would end up in Ravenclaw. I definitely would've told the Hat to put me in Ravenclaw if I had that choice.

Slytherins aren't really evil. JK Rowling has said that less evil people are coming out of Slytherin than ever before after the 7th book.

Pike
06-14-2013, 12:02 AM
I like Slytherin but I'd never be one because I am the least ambitious person ever

Sephex
06-14-2013, 12:15 AM
"Hmmmmm....Sephex....very tough to read! W-What? I never-I-NOOOOOOOOOOOO--"

*hat explodes*

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA THE DRAGON KING IS ALL HOUSES!!!!

Hollycat
06-14-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm probably in Ravenclaw. I'm not a hard enough worker for Hufflepuff, I'm not handsome enough Gryffindor, and I'm not mean enough for Slytherin. Then again, I'm awful at studying, so I might not fit in Ravenclaw either... Maybe I'll end up in the Squib house.

maybee
06-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Found a good quiz. I got Ravenclaw :jess:

K - 12 - FamilyEducation.com (http://quizzes.familyeducation.com/book-lists/harry-potter/what-hogwarts-house-would-the-sorting-hat-choose-for-you.html)

Jinx
06-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Outside of Pottermore, this is the best HP Sorting Quiz I've ever found: Find Your Hogwarts House - Harry Potter Sorting Hat Personality Test (http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm)

Pike
06-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Outside of Pottermore, this is the best HP Sorting Quiz I've ever found: Find Your Hogwarts House - Harry Potter Sorting Hat Personality Test (http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm)

I clicked on this but it looks like it's going to take a million years to do so I'll pass

maybee
06-16-2013, 10:52 AM

Did it and got Hufflepuff.