PDA

View Full Version : Tired

Aulayna
06-05-2013, 11:43 PM
When you're tired but can't to sleep what do you do?

I tried the whole warm milk thing and it didn't really do anything. I hear warm whisky is supposed to knock people out for the count too?

Chris
06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
I think asking for sleeping advice at EoFF is a battle already lost. I doubt that anyone really sleeps here.

Iceglow
06-06-2013, 12:48 AM
I trained myself to go to sleep when playing Pokémon. All I need to do is train in long grass/caverns enough and I'll pass out. The only thing I try not to do when tired is advance the story as this will involve attention to detail rather than mashing the a button and the d-pad.

Other than that:

Sex
Beer
Weed
Sex

all help with sleeping.

Shoeberto
06-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Deep breathing, or better, meditation.

Exercise during the day is typically the best thing across-the-board.

I've heard good things about melatonin. I used to use Tylenol PM though. One cap of that and I was out. I haven't had trouble sleeping since I graduated college, though.

noxious.sunshine
06-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Klonopin / Xanax. Yeaaaahh buddy! 1/2 of one, you'll sleep like a baby. (I have sleeping problems too, but they're legit stress-related, so. yeah).

CimminyCricket
06-06-2013, 02:01 AM
I put myself to sleep by forcing myself to relax by breathing deeply and slowly. Usually knocks me out within 20 minutes.

Bunny
06-06-2013, 02:15 AM
One of the best ways to get to sleep is to close your eyes and think about how much you cannot get to sleep. Think about nothing else but your failure to get to sleep and in about a good amount of hours you will realize that it worked.

~*~Celes~*~
06-06-2013, 02:26 AM
sex or a good rum and coke do the trick for me. also becoming a parent works wonders if your child sleeps through the night :D

Jinx
06-06-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm sure warm whiskey helps a lot. x)

A glass of wine really helps make me sleepy. As does Steve's suggestion of weed.

You could try melatonin, which is the natural chemical in your body that makes you sleepy. That's why it's so safe for you. If you have allergies, you could take a Benadryl or two before bed, it'll help allergies AND make you sleepy.

I'm really bad with non-chemical induced getting to sleep, sorry. :(

Flaming Ice
06-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Been using melatonin and it actually works pretty good.

But it cautions "Consult a doctor for use after 4 weeks", and because it's a hormone it may have other side effects.

Shorty
06-06-2013, 05:21 AM
OTC Safeway-brand generic sleeping pills. Two does wonders to me.

Calliope
06-06-2013, 05:53 AM
This thread is on the first page of eoeo, you guys (http://home.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/149703-difficulty-sleeping.html)

escobert
06-06-2013, 07:24 AM
When you're tired but can't to sleep what do you do?

pack a bong :bigsmile:

Yerushalmi
06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't fight it. I just accept the fact that I'm not sleeping right now and go read or something until I feel tired again. Always works. I sacrifice a couple of hours' sleep in return for peace of mind.

Unbreakable Will
06-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Sex, or booze. Short of that my insomnia generally wins the day. :gator:

Sephex
06-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Have sex WITH booze. Innovation.

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Melatonin is magical but I don't have much trouble sleeping these days because I FINALLY have a fairly stable schedule and I just go to bed at the same time every night.

dandy da oak
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I play Disgaea because the sheer scope of that game makes me dizzy and I pass out.

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Another good one: Start mentally reciting something you have memorized.

Weird Al's "Albuquerque" usually has me knocked out within eight minutes.

Sephex
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM

I.

HATE.

SAUERKRAUT.

That's all I'm really trying to say.

Pike
06-07-2013, 10:54 PM

I.

HATE.

SAUERKRAUT.

That's all I'm really trying to say.

And by the way if one day you happen to wake up in an existential quandary full of loathing and self-doubt and racked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence, at least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that somewhere out there in this crazy old messed up universe of ours... there's still a little place...

CALLED AAAAAAALLLLLLBUQUERQUE