PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix talks about the Future of Final Fantasy

Freya
06-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Before the official opening of E3 itself, Square Enix plans on having a media briefing titled "the Future of Final Fantasy." This will be held from 9am-10am on tuesday. Questions the media may have will be answered by Shinji Hashimoto, Final Fantasy Brand Director and Senior Vice President of Square Enix.

At the PS4 Press conference, Hashimoto told fans to "be excited" for E3. What do you think they are going to be discussing at this "future of Final Fantasy" briefing? What could they possibly tell us? We'll keep you update as we get the info.

As for now, WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF FINAL FANTASY? Eh SE?

Stay tuned!

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Well I'm sure most of the show will be a marketing ploy to show off all the upcoming FF games they have on the docket like FFX/X-2 HD collection, FFXIV:ARR, and Lightning Returns. I will also predict we'll get to see the Agni's Philosophy trailer again to show off tech and they will probably mention (but not show) Versus XIII. The only exciting thing we may see is a teaser for FFXV but I still suspect it will show up the day before at the Sony press conference.

Freya
06-06-2013, 06:44 AM
yeah but why a 1 hour pre-event? What are they needing to share that they need to have a media debriefing before the actual E3 show?

Are they going to go over what was released in that PDF?

Skyblade
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Honestly, I'm with Wolf here. Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I doubt we're going to learn anything new. Square is the master of disappointing and pointless announcements.

Besides, at this point, I'm wondering the future of Final Fantasy is going to matter to us, since I am starting to have doubts that they'll localize their future FF games.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Versus XIII: The Game That Never Was

Aulayna
06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah Square Enix really have been the masters of hyping up much ado about nothing in recent years so I'm a bit skeptical too. But I remain cautiously optimistic. As part of the overhaul of the company they're pushing for faster iteration and being more transparent with their development process so they could surprise us.

Freya
06-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm wondering if it'll be a big reveal...

actuallly...

This is tuesday before E3 itself starts

Sony press conference is monday night....

Are they going to be showing something so omg that they need to answer questions to before the floor show starts?

Ouch!
06-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Http://i.imgur.com/TQspFQm.jpg

I want to believe, but it's not real. :P

Freya
06-06-2013, 07:40 PM
it's fake. Yah that XV thing was actually a Versus logo

KH-Cloudy
06-06-2013, 10:50 PM
I just hope it isn't anything too bad. With a title like that, it really sounds ominous.

NinjaCoachZ
06-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah Square Enix really have been the masters of hyping up much ado about nothing in recent years so I'm a bit skeptical too. But I remain cautiously optimistic. As part of the overhaul of the company they're pushing for faster iteration and being more transparent with their development process so they could surprise us.

These are my thoughts too, pretty much. That being said, if it's an actual conference, coupled with the changes within SE, I've got hope that it's something genuinely important and hypeworthy.

Roogle
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
The only exciting thing we may see is a teaser for FFXV but I still suspect it will show up the day before at the Sony press conference.

Gosh, I don't know if I want to see anything about Final Fantasy XV if they can't even get Final Fantasy XIII Versus out of development. Then again, if they were one and the same...

Freya
06-11-2013, 06:05 AM
hahahahhaha look at our fake comments. VERSUS IS XV!

I called it on the big info though. I'm excited to see what they have for this press conference!

DMKA
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, after the two bombshells they already dropped, I'm really curious what the conference in about thirty minutes is going to cover.

I wish there was a livestream of it I could watch! :p

Freya
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM
have some art from it! It's not live unfortunately but it will be on square enix presents later, I guess. But I have connections of someone there sooo

http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lightningreturns.jpeg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMfVRnlCAAARGnn.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMfVbBKCUAAqL2C.jpg:large

http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ffxx2.jpeg

http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ffxivarr.jpeg
So i'ma say I CALLED IT. That's what they are gonna talk about.

They are happy to be working with Disney again and XIV: A realm Reborn will be coming to PS4 in 2014.

XV will not be a PS4 exclusive, it will be available on the XboxOne as well.

DMKA
06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
XV will not be a PS4 exclusive, it will be available on the XboxOne as well.
So not only is it not on PS3, it's not even exclusive to PS4?

Incoming fanboy rage imminent.

VeloZer0
06-11-2013, 06:12 PM
You would have thought that the FF13s would have desensitized people.

DMKA
06-11-2013, 06:22 PM
You would have thought that the FF13s would have desensitized people.

Not really. They're a cruel reminder of the fact that they one time FF got ported to Xbox everyone (except me) hated it.

People haven't forgot. :p

Freya
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Here's a live blog version from finalfantasy.net (http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiv/future-final-fantasy-e3-2013/)

9:00AM — Starting the Presentation
• A montage of new titles is playing: FFXIV, FFXV, FFX/X-2, LRFFXIII, and KHIII.
• Incoming CEO Yosuke Matsuda takes the stage.
• Square Enix is glad to work with Disney again on Kingdom Hearts III, hope they can meet fan expectations.
• “The Crystal’s Call” Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn playing. Naoki “Yoshi-P” Yoshida on-stage too.
• It’s in-game footage from FFXIV: ARR. Airships, Garleans, Cid, Cactuars, etc.
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will release on PlayStation 4 in 2014.
• Final Fantasy XV trailer from Sony’s press conference is playing.
• Final Fantasy executive producer Shinji Hashimoto takes the stage.
• Final Fantasy XV will be coming to Xbox One in addition to PS4.
• Another Final Fantasy XV trailer is playing similar to the older Versus trailer will in-game footage.
• Underwater scenes from the E3 trailer, Noctis swimming and so on. Some stealth gameplay too?
• Lightning Returns time. Producer Kitase takes the stage.
• Kitase comments on FFX/X-2 in that fans will appreciate the new life breathed into these HD remasters.
• Lightning Returns is the last Final Fantasy on current gen hardware.
• The team is working hard to deliver an open-world experience.
• Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD trailer is now playing.
• Kingdom Hearts III time, and Hashimoto-san is back on stage.
• CEO of Disney Interactive John Pleasants on stage with Square Enix CEO Matsuda.
• He’s very excited to work with Square Enix on Kingdom Hearts III. An older Sora with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy awaits.
• Kingdom Hearts III will come to Xbox One.
• Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will release in Japan on Xbox One, fyi.
• Sequels to Final Fantasy XV could happen, like Final Fantasy XIII.
• The world of the “Versus epic” is large.
• Final Fantasy Versus XIII’s development was expanded, and it took time to evolve to Final Fantasy XV.
• No plans for KH1.5 or 2.5 HD on Xbox One. Maybe after KHIII releases.
• The staff of Final Fantasy XV is largely the same, but has been grown significantly.
• Final Fantasy XV has action-oriented gameplay, but that doesn’t mean it will be that way for FFXVI.
• They hope the action-style combat of Final Fantasy XV will not disappoint traditionalists, and they are look forward to hearing feedback.
• Kingdom Hearts III is being developed by the Osaka team.
• Final Fantasy is always evolving, and they think for FFXV an action-oriented evolution is a good one.
• Hashimoto to PS4 fans about FFXV/KH3 on XB1: first time they’ve revealed a game for multi, rather than announced later. Please understand.
• Hashimoto-san will keep Nomura on busy and on-schedule (along with the many staff supporting him.)
• No comment on WiiU ports.
• Final Fantasy XV uses the Luminous Engine. Agni’s Philosophy is a -tech demo- and not a game.