PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Talents

noxious.sunshine
06-08-2013, 02:59 AM
What are they?

Me:

- I can whistle with my tongue. As in. I can roll my tongue, and I can whistle with it. I used to be able to do simple tunes, but not so much anymore. I'm out of practice.

- I can play "Cosmo Canyon", "Sending A Dream Into The Universe" from FF7 and Alan's Flute and the flute tune from "Sailor Moon: Black Dream Hole" from.. Sailor Moon on the recorder.

- I'm a -really- good swimmer. I've swum across the Hiwassee River (in TN) several times.

- I can sing "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira and sound like her. I -might- do it if I'm ever plastered, but it takes a lot of convincing.

- I can "sing" in like 6 languages: English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, & Korean, but I only speak English & Spanish (-Mexican- Spanish, that is. Yes, there's a difference). I know a few phrases and words in Japanese & Korean though.

- I might only be 5'0" & relatively small, but I can usually out drink men 3x my size or bigger without blacking out.

- I can still kinda do a back bend. It just -really- hurts my back to do it. XD

- Getting myself into .... "sticky" situations. Or trouble. Or drama. Whatever. I avoid it all like the plague, it follows me like a lost puppy. No bueno man.

- And cooking. Not really a hidden talent, per se, but I'm great at it. XD

Shiny
06-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I taught myself how to play piano. Granted I'm not the best, but can play a tune or two. It is a hidden talent because I don't play a lot around other people.

Also forgot I know how to play clarinet, but haven't since I was twelve.

noxious.sunshine
06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
YOU LIE!

I taught myself how to play by ear on piano.. I had my little Casio and picked out the tune to um... Wheel of Fortune. My parents put my in piano lessons a few years later.

I also played Clarinet in band. We were allowed to join band in 6th grade and then if we stuck with it through 8th grade, we could join the high school band early ('cuz they never had enough band members). We could join Marching Band in 8th grade if we were good enough. ANYWHO. I PLAYED CLARINET TOO. And someone stole my clarinet so I was no longer in band. I was 2nd chair in my grade, too. I was bomb diggity. Don't ask me how to play that ish now 'cuz IDK.

I also taught myself how to read Bass Guitar tabs, but I only remember a few riffs... like the chorus to "Stay Together For The Kids" by Blink, the Bass Solo on "Charlotte" by Kittie and a couple other songs. I haven't played any instruments in years. Apparently I can sing, but put any effort into that and I blow out my vocal chords for a couple of days.

Jinx
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I can harmonize to almost any song the first or second time I hear it.

Unbreakable Will
06-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I can roll my tongue, I can touch the tip of my nose and just shy of the bottom of my chin with it as well. :p
I can still play the saxophone like I did 8 years ago when I was in band ( I was pretty damn good)
There's about a billion voices I can do, and sometimes unintentionally do.

I'm sure there's more but that's all the hidden talents that come to mind at the moment. :D

Gzussaves
06-09-2013, 03:15 AM
I can play the drums but i cannot read the music for it

I can sing 2 notes at the same time

I can fast rap like busta or mac lethal

I can also do many voices, some of my best are Gollum and Stitch

escobert
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I can smoke a ton of pot in one sitting.

Yerushalmi
06-13-2013, 08:07 AM
I can get into the lotus position without using my hands, and I can put one leg over the back of my head and dance on the other foot. I can also put both legs over the back of my head, but can't dance that way because I have no feet left.

My hearing is very strong, so much so that it's too strong for my brain to handle. I can hear everything that happens around me, but it makes it hard for me to hear somebody speaking when there's ambient noise.

I never actually learned how to be an editor; I do it entirely by instinct.

I have manual control over the pressure in my inner ear, which is really useful on airplanes.

Laddy
06-13-2013, 08:21 AM
-I can name every country. Ever.
-I can play bass okay enough.
-I can name every Survivor contestant.
-I can cook a mean pasta.
-I am a semi-professional dramatic actor, doing mostly stage work. I have been in productions such as All My Sons and Julius Caesar. I don't talk about it much because I don't get paid very often and I rarely can find enough work to make anything resembling an actual living off of, but I do have a resume and a few years of experience with show business under my belt.

Aulayna
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
- I can... errr.... yeah I dunno.

Yerushalmi
06-13-2013, 10:08 AM
I can name the 50 states in alphabetical order in one breath. I can also sing the Element Song by heart.

-I can cook a mean pasta.
I prefer friendly pastas myself.

noxious.sunshine
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
XD

I can go from being just this really awesome, sweet "Awww I just wanna cuddle you!" type girl to being a really mean beesh without a moment's notice and then back to being nice again just as quickly.

Shoeberto
06-13-2013, 04:09 PM
I have a sense of humor so dry that talking to me is like making love to sandpaper.

Sephiroth
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
I can walk on two feet without stumbling.

I don't know what a hidden talent is, but I have talents. I speak three languages, can draw, am funny enough to make people laugh, have an eye for details and remember many things for years people would already forget after 5 minutes and all that.

Shorty
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
I can roll my tongue two different ways.

That's about it.

Faris
06-13-2013, 08:54 PM
I can untangle any chain.

Pike
06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I can recite Albuquerque by Weird Al in its entirety

Madame Adequate
06-14-2013, 12:09 AM

Go.

Chemical
06-14-2013, 01:47 AM
My talents are so hidden even I don't know what they are.