PDA

View Full Version : The Last of Us

Aulayna
06-08-2013, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PN3c5JS.jpg

Not long to go now. I am excite.

NeoCracker
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Okay, firstly I am not letting myself think this is some Messiah of gaming due to all the amazing ratings.

Mind you, I'm very excited, but dear god there is no game that should be getting this many bitching reviews.

Of course MY copy was paid off before the Reviews even started coming. :smug:

Aulayna
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Well Neo...

http://i.imgur.com/v2dA8eg.jpg

NeoCracker
06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
You know, if it actually lives up to the ungodly hype, I may just shit myself.

Del Murder
06-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I was excited about this game from the start. Can't wait.

Depression Moon
06-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Gaming's Citizen Kane turns me off. I watched that movie for my Media Studies class last semester and it was just alright. I wouldn't care if I never saw it again, but the game is getting great reviews. Here are a couple that I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEs33aWkX2Q

The Last of Us | GamesRadar (http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us/)

Polnareff
06-09-2013, 12:46 AM
That "gaming's Citizen Kane" thing is soooooo annoying and overused.

To be honest, this looks like just another zombie game to me but with a deep story. As a person who doesn't play games for story, I'll wait and see if the gameplay turns out good.

Bolivar
06-09-2013, 07:25 PM
You know I was really skeptical about Uncharted 2 when the same thing happened in 2009, the absurd amount of perfect scores. Naughty Dog proved me wrong on that one, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here as well.

NeoCracker
06-14-2013, 07:09 PM
GOD THAT WAS SO SAD! ;_;

Only issue I have thus far is the bizarre aspect of your AI being undetectable. I was stealthing, she moved directly into the enemies line of site....

And nothing.

Del Murder
06-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Isn't that a good thing? I hate when my party members blow it for me.

DMKA
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm so anxious for work to end today so I can go pick it up.

I'm glad I had work today because some of the people who got it early today had to deal with that autosave glitch that Naughty Dog just fixed like an hour ago. :p

HasteInTime
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM
If there is one thing I have learned from ND they don't troll around, instead they mess around on purpose and they make both great and visually appealing games. Jak & Daxter is still my favorite series from them. I loved what was happening during the the trailers and interviews. TLoU is stunning, refreshing and worth every cent that I pre-ordered. I hope with scores like that, If I took the science method of repetition through multiple confirmations. That means this could be the epic unicorn of games and if anyone could do it I believe ND can.

I'm looking forward to playing this all summer, until Pikmen 3 arrives on my Birthday of August 5th and a whole slew of other games until the 27/28th for FF-XIVARR.

Slothy
06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Only issue I have thus far is the bizarre aspect of your AI being undetectable. I was stealthing, she moved directly into the enemies line of site....

And nothing.

It's a bit weird, but I'll take that over an AI blowing my stealth attempt on me. Nothing worse than failing because of something you have zero control over.

NeoCracker
06-14-2013, 08:41 PM
It is better then the AI just screwing you over, but it still bothers me. :p

The AI seems to have a tendency to act a bit funny from time to time though. For the most part it's good, but there is just enough strange happenings to be noticeable.

Really though, it's not that bad. This is just minor nitpicking right here. :p

Nicolas
06-15-2013, 06:25 AM
I've been noticing the same issue... mostly when Ellie runs right in front of someone searching for me. It's the most bizarre thing in the entire game, really.

NeoCracker
06-15-2013, 07:14 AM
ALso, there was a bug in the game. It's already fixed, but it prevents you from being able to save....

I lost six hours of gameplay. :cry:

Slothy
06-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I got hit with it too. Thankfully I only lost a little over an hour. I know how pissed I was though, so I can only imagine how you feel.

Nicolas
06-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Heh. That's pretty bad. I heard they patched it already though. But, I starting saving my games manually since the issue was supposedly an autosave failure.

NeoCracker
06-16-2013, 09:45 AM
And upon snapping a guys neck, I heard it echo. O_O

That was slightly unnerving.

But yeah, the biggest Issue I have with the game is the moments when the AI just goes mental.

I strangle a guy, I'm spotted and they popped off a shot at me, and I ducked behind a wall and they lost me...

Twice.

Most of the time this doesn't work, but every so often the AI forgets to think properly.

Edit: Also, setting off a Molotov doesn't seem to draw attention. O_O

Nor does the man burning alive. O_O

Quindiana Jones
06-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Were it so easy...

tony12
06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Ehh, probably just a survivalist story similar to The Walking Dead. Probably they got the idea for this game from The Walking Dead and that is why they are saying it is so good.

krissy
06-16-2013, 04:25 PM
yeah all zombie stories steal from the walking dead, the original zombie tale

tony12
06-16-2013, 05:00 PM
yeah all zombie stories steal from the walking dead, the original zombie tale

Not the original zombie tale but the Walking Dead did take the zombie style story to a whole nother level.

NeoCracker
06-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Were it so easy...
I'm playing on hard, and I find it plenty challenging actually, regardless of the oddity of Molotov's not drawing attention. :p

Most Items you only have one of at a time, but can craft them quick. However crafter happens in real time, so you get caught while crafting you're pretty much dead. :p

Quindiana Jones
06-16-2013, 05:35 PM
I meant if only it were so easy to burn someone alive in real life without getting caught, but now that I've explained it, it seems less of a joke and more of a concerning mental condition.

Thanks, Neo. :(

NeoCracker
06-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I meant if only it were so easy to burn someone alive in real life without getting caught, but now that I've explained it, it seems less of a joke and more of a concerning mental condition.

Thanks, Neo. :(

In my defense, I've been up for five minutes and can barely see straight. (Well, I was when posting that anyway.)

:(

Shaibana
06-16-2013, 09:03 PM
ooh god, what have i started??
playing stealth is just really not my thing!!
even though it looks great and i do really enjoy the game.. im sort of stuck already :l

i just picked up Ellie and i am in a big building where i 'volunteer' to go ahead and check it out.
i jump down and there are a bunch of 'sprinters' and a 'clicker'...
i keep getting caught by a sprinter and im about to lose my patience!!

if ypu have any tips, tricks or hints feel free to tell me!!

and once that is over: lets discus this game!! :D

escobert
06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150466-last-us.html

Del Murder
06-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Bert, please use the warn button next time.

I Don't Need A Name
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Well I finished it!

Yet another one of those games which is stunningly perfect and then brutally ruined in the last 5 minutes. That was the most anticlimactic ending I could have thought of for that game.. After playing the whole game which invoked plenty of emotions I was waiting to have my heart wrenched out, but that left me feeling nothing :[

NeoCracker
06-16-2013, 11:35 PM
even though it looks great and i do really enjoy the game.. im sort of stuck already :l

i just picked up Ellie and i am in a big building where i 'volunteer' to go ahead and check it out.

Move very, very slowly.

I Don't Need A Name
06-16-2013, 11:43 PM

Move very, very slowly.

Use your hearing sense to find out where everyone is laid out, then make a plan of which to take out in what order, then just sneak behind them and take them out one by one before finally taking down the clicker in whatever way you want (other than grabbing, because wasting a shiv on a lone clicker isn't worth it)

NeoCracker
06-16-2013, 11:49 PM
I actually try to avoid using my Shiv's all together so I can just use them to open the doors. Molotov's are my best friend. <3

And it seems whether or not Molotov's attract attention can very...

Shiny
06-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Is that Gerard Butler and Ellen Page? Sure as hell looks like them.

This game is really the only reason I want a PS3 right now. *goes youtube to look at gameplay*

escobert
06-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I am probably going to have to get this sooner than later

I Don't Need A Name
06-17-2013, 01:34 AM

This game is really the only reason I want a PS3 right now. *goes youtube to look at gameplay*

You spend most of the game trying to remind yourself that it isn't Ellen Page because the character feels a bit like Juno mixed with Boltie (from Super. Excellent film if you've not seen it before)

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 03:57 AM
smurf that was intense. Hard mode can get pretty brutal.

Just got through the town with teh Sniper.

...Shit. :cry:

Shiny
06-17-2013, 05:05 AM

You spend most of the game trying to remind yourself that it isn't Ellen Page because the character feels a bit like Juno mixed with Boltie (from Super. Excellent film if you've not seen it before)

I have seen both. I didn't like Super because of what happened to Ellen Page's character even though she was mad annoying in that movie.

I might be picking up a PS3 soon and this is the first on my list. I might wait till PS4 comes out so the price of 3 can go down.

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Only for those who have made it through the Winter section.

Did I just see Ellie murder the living fuck out of a Pedophile Cannibal? Fucking awesome.

DMKA
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
I've now owned this game for three days and still haven't had the opportunity to play it.

Having to avoid spoilers is quite inconvenient.

Shaibana
06-17-2013, 06:44 PM

Move very, very slowly.

Use your hearing sense to find out where everyone is laid out, then make a plan of which to take out in what order, then just sneak behind them and take them out one by one before finally taking down the clicker in whatever way you want (other than grabbing, because wasting a shiv on a lone clicker isn't worth it)

thats where everything go's wrong.. i do hear them and make a plan. but nomather what i do it always backfires.
ive made it though.. with some luck! managed to beat the crap out of 3 of those infected.... somehow

and ty for redirecting my post ;) already thought it was weird that there was no topic on this game.. but now i see i was in the wrong section :P

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 06:52 PM

Move very, very slowly.

thats where everything go's wrong.. i do hear them and make a plan. but nomather what i do it always backfires.
ive made it though.. with some luck! managed to beat the crap out of 3 of those infected.... somehow

and ty for redirecting my post ;) already thought it was weird that there was no topic on this game.. but now i see i was in the wrong section :P

Don't make long term plans. They will never work cause the AI doesn't always follow the same paths.

Plan for the elimination of 1-2 enemies at a time, no more. (Unless you can Molotov or bomb more at once. :p)

Crafting Speed is a near worthless skill to raise with your points.

For that matter, on hard at least, so is Health. If you get caught in a situation you don't have time to use a health kit before dying, or get caught in a group, your dead regardless of those skills.

Sight and Weapon spray are your two best abilities. Followed up by Shiv Master.

There are the tips that guide my murder.

Well I finished it!

Yet another one of those games which is stunningly perfect and then brutally ruined in the last 5 minutes. That was the most anticlimactic ending I could have thought of for that game.. After playing the whole game which invoked plenty of emotions I was waiting to have my heart wrenched out, but that left me feeling nothing :[

Just beat it too!

I thought the end was great... Kind of.

What got me was the Fireflys had been doing this for a while, and made no progress, yet kept at it. (Mind you, it could have been a lie from Joel, but at the same time it makes more sense that he was telling the truth. I mean they discovered the mutation and plan pretty god damn fast, and decided to operate that soon? They had to have done this before.)

What kind of kills the ending a bit though was that no one took any kind of believable action. Hey, there's a guy trying to resusitate a girl! Let's knock him out.

Hey, there is girl I've practically raised as a sister/daughter! Let's sacrifice her to research that has consistantly failed horribley!

Hey, there's the guy who just gunned down god knows how many of our men! How about I not take this clean shot at his face!

Also, AI in the last area was an an all time bad. I have no Idea what the hell happened, but I Molotov'ed a guy, no one reacted. I strangled a guy in front of like, two other dudes, got spotted, stepped behind cover and they immidiately lost me. In fact I was immidiately lost like, three times.

Really, once you get past the Winter section, AI seems to shit itself. I wasn't even trying to abuse it either, just kind of happened.

I was going to give the game a 9/10, but between later game AI issues, and some issues I brought up in the end game spoilers, it gets an 8.

Still, definately worth the full price, and dear god is Winter awesome. I can see why people would overlook the flaws and rate the game higher then me mind you, cause what this game does well, it does really damn well. And the biggest issue, the AI bugging out, doesn't really seem to happen all that often until the end, at least for me.

Nicolas
06-17-2013, 09:43 PM
You play so quickly. I'm only at the end of Pittsburgh. I've come to love not using guns unless I absolutely have to. Too often do I find it easy to just strangle a guy and head to the next. The Shiv and Bottle/Molotov's are your friends in this game, but it's so easy to run out of uses even after finding the two training manuals.

Has anybody gotten a great use out of the Bow yet? I'm truly curious. I'm finding the idea great, but... the execution that I've encountered using it is, at best, lacking. Headshots either kill them or leave them annoyed as hell and picking up used arrows is greatly hit-or-miss for me.

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Bow Is fucking awesome!

The big thing is you can kill people with it at range without even alerting other guards to your presence.

The aiming takes some time, but I've taken out as many as three guys without anyone realizing I was there yet purely with the bow, and always on guys that would have been very difficult to sneak up on and strangle.

:love:

And yeah, I played like, 10+ hours just on sunday. :p

I Don't Need A Name
06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Just beat it too!

What got me was the Fireflys had been doing this for a while, and made no progress, yet kept at it. (Mind you, it could have been a lie from Joel, but at the same time it makes more sense that he was telling the truth. I mean they discovered the mutation and plan pretty god damn fast, and decided to operate that soon? They had to have done this before.)

What kind of kills the ending a bit though was that no one took any kind of believable action. Hey, there's a guy trying to resusitate a girl! Let's knock him out.

Hey, there is girl I've practically raised as a sister/daughter! Let's sacrifice her to research that has consistantly failed horribley!

Hey, there's the guy who just gunned down god knows how many of our men! How about I not take this clean shot at his face!

Also, AI in the last area was an an all time bad. I have no Idea what the hell happened, but I Molotov'ed a guy, no one reacted. I strangled a guy in front of like, two other dudes, got spotted, stepped behind cover and they immidiately lost me. In fact I was immidiately lost like, three times.

Really, once you get past the Winter section, AI seems to trout itself. I wasn't even trying to abuse it either, just kind of happened.

I was going to give the game a 9/10, but between later game AI issues, and some issues I brought up in the end game spoilers, it gets an 8.

Still, definately worth the full price, and dear god is Winter awesome. I can see why people would overlook the flaws and rate the game higher then me mind you, cause what this game does well, it does really damn well. And the biggest issue, the AI bugging out, doesn't really seem to happen all that often until the end, at least for me.

Yeah, a lot of the ending actions were a bit lame, and I stealthed my way through the ending with absolute ease, even jumping into the people at the last barricade who just ran away, letting me get to the door and shut them out. They were far from as brutal as the previous enemies.

I still think the ending was a bit empty though.. It kinda stopped the story short. What's the betting the DLC will add more to it/add in a sequence in between towns that you don't see yet.

Winter was by far the best section. Ellie is a fucking badass

Has anybody gotten a great use out of the Bow yet? I'm truly curious. I'm finding the idea great, but... the execution that I've encountered using it is, at best, lacking. Headshots either kill them or leave them annoyed as hell and picking up used arrows is greatly hit-or-miss for me.

The Bow is good but very hard to use effectively when everything moves so quickly and it doesn't 1 hit kill very often (on hard at least). The best opportunities to use it are against infected where you can't take them out easily by hand, but don't want to alert the rest (takes some good aiming when taking out Clickers)

The main use of the Bow comes in the Winter section. I'll say no more.

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Just beat it too!

Really, once you get past the Winter section, AI seems to trout itself. I wasn't even trying to abuse it either, just kind of happened.

Yeah, a lot of the ending actions were a bit lame, and I stealthed my way through the ending with absolute ease, even jumping into the people at the last barricade who just ran away, letting me get to the door and shut them out. They were far from as brutal as the previous enemies.

I still think the ending was a bit empty though.. It kinda stopped the story short. What's the betting the DLC will add more to it/add in a sequence in between towns that you don't see yet.

Winter was by far the best section. Ellie is a fucking badass

I can see, but I really liked how this game did not end all that happy. I liked seeing Joel finally speaking about his Daughter, I loved the overall feeling of dissatisfaction from Ellie And Joel with how everything turned out, and I loved the desperate struggle from the Fire Flies failed research.

It was too brief I agree, but I felt handled well enough. I think the ending is just kind of the victim of not living up to expectations, especially not after Winter. I don't know if the game really had a chance at following that up. :p

So far, the two people who have made it through Winter seem to think that was the highlight of the game, so the rest of you? Look forward to it.

I Don't Need A Name
06-17-2013, 10:22 PM
I can see, but I really liked how this game did not end all that happy. I liked seeing Joel finally speaking about his Daughter, I loved the overall feeling of dissatisfaction from Ellie And Joel with how everything turned out, and I loved the desperate struggle from the Fire Flies failed research.

It was too brief I agree, but I felt handled well enough. I think the ending is just kind of the victim of not living up to expectations, especially not after Winter. I don't know if the game really had a chance at following that up. :p

So far, the two people who have made it through Winter seem to think that was the highlight of the game, so the rest of you? Look forward to it.

I love unhappy endings but I was all prepared for Joel or Ellie to end up dying, or some massive fuckup to occur, so it all seemed a bit 'meh'. But yeah, it was always going to a damn feat to overcome that brilliant bit! I dunno what else to say about the ending though, I just felt really dejected after it xD

Also, when Winter comes around see if you can guess who the guest star voice actor is! :monster:

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 10:29 PM

I love unhappy endings but I was all prepared for Joel or Ellie to end up dying, or some massive smurfup to occur, so it all seemed a bit 'meh'. But yeah, it was always going to a damn feat to overcome that brilliant bit! I dunno what else to say about the ending though, I just felt really dejected after it xD

Also, when Winter comes around see if you can guess who the guest star voice actor is! :monster:

It may be because the really underplayed it compared to how the rest of the game was handled. Where emotions were pretty big and intense the whole game, we get this last seem where it's just played so simple and calm.

After they escaped that is. :p

I Don't Need A Name
06-17-2013, 10:39 PM
It may be because the really underplayed it compared to how the rest of the game was handled. Where emotions were pretty big and intense the whole game, we get this last seem where it's just played so simple and calm.

But I want high drama with mah games!

Don't ask my why I spoiler tagged that :D

NeoCracker
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM

But I want high drama with mah games!

Don't ask my why I spoiler tagged that :D

Fair enough. :p

Slothy
06-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Just finished it last night myself. Winter was awesome, and I actually quite liked the ending.

I actually somewhat disagree with you here, but here's my reasons why if you're interested:

- I really don't get the sense that the fireflies had done this before. I believe one of them makes not in one of the tape recorder messages in the hospital that they never saw anything like that mutation before. Now maybe they'd seem different levels of resistance before, but I doubt that even if this mutation was fairly common that people with it would survive long between infected attacking in groups, humans killing people who are bitten on sight, and just the general nastiness that can happen if a bite gets infected. Might be wrong, but that was the sense I got. We don't really know how long they had Ellie there doing tests either, but it's possible they'd been preparing for months before they all got there for what tests they'd need to run, ran them fast enough to determine they couldn't get the parasites out without killing her, then jumped to surgery. It is kind of fast though and probably just an excuse to have Joel need to kill their way out of there and save her.

- Knocking him out I get. You don't know who he is or what they want, knock him out, resuscitate the girl yourself and figure out what's up later. It'd be more prudent to kill them on sight to be honest, but they probably settled for knocking him out just in case since he didn't attack them right away and the girl needed help.

- You can actually find her journal in the hospital and she mentions showing up at the hospital without Ellie and thinking that she's probably dead. She ends up feeling ostracized because she lost the only hope they had for a vaccine and talks about not being able to take it there after a few weeks and possibly leaving because she can't stand how the other fireflies look at her any more. I'd imagine that that played a big role in her decision once Ellie turns up, not to mention her being the best hope of finding a cure. I'm not saying she made the right decision or even a good one, but where she's coming from is a bit more understandable in light of that. She's torn between her promise to Ellie's mother, her hope for a cure, and her original feelings of failure. Once Ellie shows up again it's like she was given a second chance to do what she originally set out to do. I think it's somewhat interesting to wonder if her decision would have been different had Ellie and Joel made it there at the same time or before her.

- Are we talking about after he picks up Ellie and runs for it? I thought it was weird at first but they may have needed her alive, or at least couldn't risk shooting her in the head or anything if they were going to be successful and get uncontaminated samples. They do open fire though when he's trying to get in the elevator and could potentially escape. In fact, I accidentally took a wrong turn the first time I attempted that sequence and one guard grabbed me while another grabbed Ellie and took her away before a third put a gun to Joel's head, so they really might have wanted her alive until the surgery.

Anyway, I'm not saying your interpretation of a lot of this stuff is wrong or anything, this is just what I took from it based on some information in the hospital and the behaviour of the NPC's.

NeoCracker
06-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Just finished it last night myself. Winter was awesome, and I actually quite liked the ending.

I actually somewhat disagree with you here, but here's my reasons why if you're interested:

- I really don't get the sense that the fireflies had done this before. I believe one of them makes not in one of the tape recorder messages in the hospital that they never saw anything like that mutation before. Now maybe they'd seem different levels of resistance before, but I doubt that even if this mutation was fairly common that people with it would survive long between infected attacking in groups, humans killing people who are bitten on sight, and just the general nastiness that can happen if a bite gets infected. Might be wrong, but that was the sense I got. We don't really know how long they had Ellie there doing tests either, but it's possible they'd been preparing for months before they all got there for what tests they'd need to run, ran them fast enough to determine they couldn't get the parasites out without killing her, then jumped to surgery. It is kind of fast though and probably just an excuse to have Joel need to kill their way out of there and save her.

- Knocking him out I get. You don't know who he is or what they want, knock him out, resuscitate the girl yourself and figure out what's up later. It'd be more prudent to kill them on sight to be honest, but they probably settled for knocking him out just in case since he didn't attack them right away and the girl needed help.

- You can actually find her journal in the hospital and she mentions showing up at the hospital without Ellie and thinking that she's probably dead. She ends up feeling ostracized because she lost the only hope they had for a vaccine and talks about not being able to take it there after a few weeks and possibly leaving because she can't stand how the other fireflies look at her any more. I'd imagine that that played a big role in her decision once Ellie turns up, not to mention her being the best hope of finding a cure. I'm not saying she made the right decision or even a good one, but where she's coming from is a bit more understandable in light of that. She's torn between her promise to Ellie's mother, her hope for a cure, and her original feelings of failure. Once Ellie shows up again it's like she was given a second chance to do what she originally set out to do. I think it's somewhat interesting to wonder if her decision would have been different had Ellie and Joel made it there at the same time or before her.

- Are we talking about after he picks up Ellie and runs for it? I thought it was weird at first but they may have needed her alive, or at least couldn't risk shooting her in the head or anything if they were going to be successful and get uncontaminated samples. They do open fire though when he's trying to get in the elevator and could potentially escape. In fact, I accidentally took a wrong turn the first time I attempted that sequence and one guard grabbed me while another grabbed Ellie and took her away before a third put a gun to Joel's head, so they really might have wanted her alive until the surgery.

Anyway, I'm not saying your interpretation of a lot of this stuff is wrong or anything, this is just what I took from it based on some information in the hospital and the behaviour of the NPC's.

As for the level of resistance having not been seen before, the doctor recording that had never seen Ellie prior to this. Remember, she had never left that city until you took her out. They had all but one day to look at Ellie. It's not like Joel was out of it for a long period of time either, he was just knocked out. No way this had been more then a day. If Ellie was the first, all of their scans, planning, and decision came in less then a day. ANd this had to have been before they started prepping for surgery. If they didn't have experience in doing this stuff before, that makes them pretty fucking stupid.

And knocking him out was still fucking stupid. They could clearly see what he was doing. There wasn't really room there too mistake what he was doing. They had to realize he wasn't a threat, at all. It was clear he wasn't a soldier because he had a little girl with him, and the game seem pretty clear that bandits don't often have kids either. There was not a single reason to think he was a threat or in need of knocking out. Really this just makes the fireflies look like dicks.

The reasoning on that Journal makes enough sense, the problem is the actions of the Firefly's suggest that they already knew enough about Elly to have come up with a course of action this quickly. It's not like they were in immediate danger, and it's not like Ellie is going to turn any time soon. They were being WAY to reckless here for people who have been working on this shit for years, even if we do assume Ellie was the only one. It comes across that the only reason Joel was knocked out to begin with was a bit of plot convenience to set up his saving Ellie.

And I reffer to him getting off the Elevator and that one woman, I forget her name, was standing there. She was really close to the guy, and had ample time to put a bullet in his head. At that close a range, she is a good enough shot to have done this with no risk. She has to know you killed a lot of guys to make it this far, so again it just feels too convenient that she didn't shoot on site.

Again, they had to have examined her, discovered the bizarre mutation, discussed a course of action, and decided to preform a surgery that would kill her to remove and reverse engineer it all in the course of under 24 hours. This is beyond reckless unless they have seen and tried this before, in which case it's consistently failed and they are going ahead anyway. Basically the actions they took and the snip its you hear int he audio log are entirely inconstant with each other, and really makes for the games weakest moment of writing because of it.

Shaibana
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
interesting thread :l i cant read anyhting

Slothy
06-18-2013, 08:16 PM
And knocking him out was still fucking stupid. They could clearly see what he was doing. There wasn't really room there too mistake what he was doing. They had to realize he wasn't a threat, at all. It was clear he wasn't a soldier because he had a little girl with him, and the game seem pretty clear that bandits don't often have kids either. There was not a single reason to think he was a threat or in need of knocking out. Really this just makes the fireflies look like dicks.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I have to disagree with you on this one. They came across a guy seemingly giving CPR to a girl, but if there's one thing we can say with certainty in this world it's that things are rarely as simple as that. They could easily have been faking it to get the jump on those guys. I mean, this is a pretty horrible world they're living in and you really can't be too careful as evidenced by the number of times Joel has to kill his way through an army of guys before they can kill him.

Frankly, if you don't know the people and you don't know if it's a trap, then if anything knocking him out is the stupid thing to do because just outright shooting him is safer. But at least if you go for the knockout you can lock him up and only have to worry about the girl if they are trying to trick you. Much safer and it let's you sort things out later on your terms instead of theirs. If they had simply run up and tried to help him it would have been completely unbelievable to me. The game basically spent the entirety of the experience convincing you that trusting a new face right away is a good way to get yourself killed. Suddenly abandoning that at the end, especially when you're talking about soldiers for a well armed resistance group, just wouldn't ring true for me. But then, I'm a cold hearted bastard and if I were in their situation I'd be highly prone to killing first and asking questions never.

NeoCracker
06-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I have to disagree with you on this one. They came across a guy seemingly giving CPR to a girl, but if there's one thing we can say with certainty in this world it's that things are rarely as simple as that. They could easily have been faking it to get the jump on those guys. I mean, this is a pretty horrible world they're living in and you really can't be too careful as evidenced by the number of times Joel has to kill his way through an army of guys before they can kill him.

Frankly, if you don't know the people and you don't know if it's a trap, then if anything knocking him out is the stupid thing to do because just outright shooting him is safer. But at least if you go for the knockout you can lock him up and only have to worry about the girl if they are trying to trick you. Much safer and it let's you sort things out later on your terms instead of theirs. If they had simply run up and tried to help him it would have been completely unbelievable to me. The game basically spent the entirety of the experience convincing you that trusting a new face right away is a good way to get yourself killed. Suddenly abandoning that at the end, especially when you're talking about soldiers for a well armed resistance group, just wouldn't ring true for me. But then, I'm a cold hearted bastard and if I were in their situation I'd be highly prone to killing first and asking questions never.

They could have just kept their guns trained on him while he tried bringing her back, and shot if he tried to pull anything. Both Paranoid behavior, and shows that the Fireflys, who have been built up as these good people fighting against tryanical government rule, have a semblance of compassion. :p

And let's say it's a trap, and they are ready for you. WHy on earth would you strut up to them to knock them out? Sounds like you are aching to be stabbed to me. Keeping the gun trained on them is still the safer option. :p

Nicolas
06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Just finished it. Didn't expect the ending, but loved it.

a gut-punch to my soul.

I tend to agree with Keanu (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/16905.html) on the decisions made by the Fireflies and just how quickly they were able to jump to the conclusion of sacrificing Ellie. Unless Joel was out for weeks, it's highly unlikely they were able to try every alternative to creating a vaccine.

My biggest problem comes from the fact that an outbreak has occurred 20 years prior, leaving less than 40% of the world's population scattered across the globe, and a small, tattered revolutionary group thinks they have the resources, abilities, and coordination to create and distribute a vaccine (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaccine) by killing a young girl. The vaccine isn't guaranteed to work. Marlene even stated that she and her men barely made it to Salt Lake City.

The ending does create some fascinating viewpoints due to it's morally ambiguous nature. Joel is clearly not a hero though, in any way.

DMKA
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
It's pretty awesome so far. I'm still pretty early into it, but it's a lot of fun. It's almost hard to believe that Joel and Snow are voiced by the same person.

The game is so beautiful, but you can see the restrictions from the hardware it's running on quite clearly. I'm almost sad they didn't hold back to release it on PS4. Only almost though. :)

Shaibana
06-19-2013, 05:30 PM
It's pretty awesome so far. I'm still pretty early into it, but it's a lot of fun. It's almost hard to believe that Joel and Snow are voiced by the same person.

The game is so beautiful, but you can see the restrictions from the hardware it's running on quite clearly. I'm almost sad they didn't hold back to release it on PS4. Only almost though. :)

wouw that guy has quit a resume :o
he did alot of voices!!

Shaibana
06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
im alot further now and im in love with this game!!
i just love how realistic the characters are, ellie flipping the finger and swearing like any other teenager :P

but my aim here really sucks, part becaus they move so fast, so i can say i will panic when i run out of shotgun ammo.

Mercen-X
06-20-2013, 11:13 PM
To be honest, this looks like just another zombie game to me but with a deep story. As a person who doesn't play games for story, I'll wait and see if the gameplay turns out good.

If what you say is true, I'll buy the system and play this game. I otherwise despise all zombie-related games. They are pointless beyond all reason.

I Don't Need A Name
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
It's kind of Zombie style, but not really. You will fight some 'Infected' which are like Zombies but not really as mindless, and you will fight a lot of normal humans who are just in it to survive. And the gameplay itself is especially about survival: having to try and find useful things in empty buildings to build a makeshift bomb to be one of the only ways to escape from bandits who have attacked you because you're down to your last few pistol rounds. That kind of thing. It's not like Dead Island Zombies where it's 'LET'S GRAB AN AXE AND HIT EVERYTHING :D'

Aulayna
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
I still don't have this yet. :( Store sold my pre-order to someone else :colbert:

Depression Moon
06-21-2013, 02:58 AM
How's Ellen Page's acting?

NeoCracker
06-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Pretty good I think!

I mean she's not in this game, so I don't know why it was brought up, but she was great in inception!

Del Murder
06-21-2013, 06:56 AM
I liked her in Juno.

Quindiana Jones
06-21-2013, 07:13 AM
I love Juno.

Shaibana
06-21-2013, 04:44 PM
It's kind of Zombie style, but not really. You will fight some 'Infected' which are like Zombies but not really as mindless, and you will fight a lot of normal humans who are just in it to survive. And the gameplay itself is especially about survival: having to try and find useful things in empty buildings to build a makeshift bomb to be one of the only ways to escape from bandits who have attacked you because you're down to your last few pistol rounds. That kind of thing. It's not like Dead Island Zombies where it's 'LET'S GRAB AN AXE AND HIT EVERYTHING :D'

yes indeed, you cant just run around and shoot everything up!
you have to overthink your plan, especially with the runners and clickers becaus when they attack you in a group you will die!

so i would recommend this game only if you have some patience :P

Depression Moon
06-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Pretty good I think!

I mean she's not in this game, so I don't know why it was brought up, but she was great in inception!

Wait, I thought that she's Ellie in the game and they used her name and likeness.

Slothy
06-22-2013, 05:07 PM
She's in Beyond: Two Souls which isn't out yet.

Ellie just happens to slightly resemble her, and the voice actress sounds a lot like her for some reason.

Depression Moon
06-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I thought she was approached for both games, but damn if the character doesn't look and sound like her.

I Don't Need A Name
06-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Ashley Johnson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424534/) voiced and mo-capped Ellie

Chris
06-22-2013, 11:32 PM
This game is tooooooooo easy. :|

I Don't Need A Name
06-23-2013, 02:21 AM
It's really annoying that they don't let you start on Survivor mode because that's the best difficulty for it. Enemies start working together, rather than trying to take you on solo all the time.

Croyles
06-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Wait, I'm confused.
People are debating whether Joel was telling the truth? I thought it was pretty obvious that he was lying. Ellie was the only chance for the Fireflies to find a vaccine, and Joel went all nuts because he finally saw Ellie as his daughter. He did the absolute wrong thing for selfish reasons, and then lied to Ellie. I can UNDERSTAND those selfish reasons, and feel sympathy for him, but he definitely did the wrong thing.

The epilogue is where I am a little more uncertain. We got another glimpse of Ellie's wound, and it seemed worse than it had been, suggesting that she wasn't completely immune, but could hold out longer than anyone else, and that was enough for a vaccine to be developed. That is why she asked Joel whether he was telling the truth. She wanted to know that the Firefly's are able to find a vaccine. Knowing this, she was ok with what she thinks happened. At least, that is my take on it.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Wait, I'm confused.
People are debating whether Joel was telling the truth? I thought it was pretty obvious that he was lying. Ellie was the only chance for the Fireflies to find a vaccine, and Joel went all nuts because he finally saw Ellie as his daughter. He did the absolute wrong thing for selfish reasons, and then lied to Ellie. I can UNDERSTAND those selfish reasons, and feel sympathy for him, but he definitely did the wrong thing.

The epilogue is where I am a little more uncertain. We got another glimpse of Ellie's wound, and it seemed worse than it had been, suggesting that she wasn't completely immune, but could hold out longer than anyone else, and that was enough for a vaccine to be developed. That is why she asked Joel whether he was telling the truth. She wanted to know that the Firefly's are able to find a vaccine. Knowing this, she was ok with what she thinks happened. At least, that is my take on it.

No one is debating Joel's intentions, no matter what he was in the wrong, having not know regardless.

The problem is the actions of the Fireflys made no sense if Ellie was the only one. Yet the logs you listen to make no sense if they had done this before.

Also, we here pretty much none of the conversation between Joel and whats her name at the end before he kills her and leaves with Ellie, so that leaves all sorts of questions as to what they were talking about. That easily could have been when brought that up, so it's hard to say one way or the other what the truth actually is.

Pumpkin
06-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Does someone want to sum up the story for me because I'm not actually going to buy the game but I am curious.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Does someone want to sum up the story for me because I'm not actually going to buy the game but I am curious.

Dude's daughter gets shot by soldiers when the outbreak happens.

Government goes tyranical containing outbreak.

ANti-government group wants this ellie girl since she seems immune to the infection.

Dude transporting her starts thinking of her as daughter.

Ellie murders the living fuck out of a rapist/cannibal/peadophile.

They reach Fireflys, who are going to try to reverse engineer a vaccine, but extracting from Ellie will kill her.

Joel murders a punch of people to keep her allive.

He may or may not have lied ot her about the Fireflys having done this several times before and showing no signs of advancing.

Croyles
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Wait, I'm confused.

No one is debating Joel's intentions, no matter what he was in the wrong, having not know regardless.

The problem is the actions of the Fireflys made no sense if Ellie was the only one. Yet the logs you listen to make no sense if they had done this before.

Also, we here pretty much none of the conversation between Joel and whats her name at the end before he kills her and leaves with Ellie, so that leaves all sorts of questions as to what they were talking about. That easily could have been when brought that up, so it's hard to say one way or the other what the truth actually is.

What do you mean it makes no sense if she was the only one? They tried everything to try and keep Joel away from her, doesn't that mean she WAS the only one? I also don't understand what you mean about the logs. The logs just explained how Ellie was immune...

The conversation with Marlene... We heard it all. She tried to take Ellie and Joel shot her, then Marlene begged for her life. I didn't see any indication that any part of that conversation was left out...

Slothy
06-24-2013, 07:21 PM

Honestly, I still can't buy the idea that they'd ever done this before. There's absolutely no evidence in the game itself to indicate that was the case. The only thing anyone seems to be basing this on is that they don't think the Fireflies moving so quickly to extract the spores makes sense if Ellie is the first immune person they've found. But things moving quickly are more easily explained by the writers rushing events along to get to the ending they wanted, more than things which no one in the game mentions ever happening having taken place.

I really don't see any room for interpretation here, especially when in game story material completely contradicts the idea of Ellie not being the only subject they ever had. Joel was lying when he said there were others. I think it really is that simple.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
If she was the only one, they were smurfing idiots to have examined her and prepped her for surgery in under a day. That's why it makes no sense.

When Joel is talking to Ellie about what happened, and you see the clips playing of what he actually did, you don't hear anything, but still mouths are moving, so it seemed that they were talking, however we were only hearing Joel's conversation with Ellie.

Mind you, even were that not the case, it still makes the Firefly's out to be complete morons. Thus their actions don't make sense. That isn't something you do unless you've done it before. They didn't seem like a group that would be so stupid to rush like that, especially if Ellie really was the only choice they had. For something like this you would HAVE to have a lot of prep time, and some kind of discussion over what to do, what could go wrong, all sorts of things. THis would take way more then a day.

Edit: @VIV

Even if it were just the case of the writing being rushed, it's a pretty damn big problem. It does seem most likely Joel was just lying, but it's bizarre that if he were telling the truth that those rushed actions make a hell of a lot more sense.

And that bothers the living smurf out of me.

Edit: Odd....

I rewatched the end on youtube... ANd I think my copy smurfed up. The clip with Joel and Marlene dragged on a fair bit longer on my system then the ending showed. O_O (Specifically where you hear him talking with Ellie in the car)

Point still stands for the most part though, him telling the truth makes the Firefly's actions make a lot more sense then they did if we assume he was just lying. :p

Pumpkin
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh spoiler pyramids.

ANti-government group wants this ellie girl since she seems immune to the infection.

Ellie murders the living smurf out of a rapist/cannibal/peadophile.

They reach Fireflys, who are going to try to reverse engineer a vaccine, but extracting from Ellie will kill her.

He may or may not have lied ot her about the Fireflys having done this several times before and showing no signs of advancing.

So do I understand correctly that there is an infection that is affecting many people (I imagine in a very bad way) and this girl could save them all but she would have to die and so dude because of his own personal issues keeps her alive at the expense of everyone else.

I want to say thats stupid and selfish but really I don't know what I would do if I was put in that situation.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Oh spoiler pyramids.

Ellie murders the living smurf out of a rapist/cannibal/peadophile.

So do I understand correctly that there is an infection that is affecting many people (I imagine in a very bad way) and this girl could save them all but she would have to die and so dude because of his own personal issues keeps her alive at the expense of everyone else.

I want to say thats stupid and selfish but really I don't know what I would do if I was put in that situation.

Yeah, it was stupid and selfish, but it works well within the story they are telling. :p

Croyles
06-24-2013, 07:35 PM
If she was the only one, they were smurfing idiots to have examined her and prepped her for surgery in under a day. That's why it makes no sense.

When Joel is talking to Ellie about what happened, and you see the clips playing of what he actually did, you don't hear anything, but still mouths are moving, so it seemed that they were talking, however we were only hearing Joel's conversation with Ellie.

Mind you, even were that not the case, it still makes the Firefly's out to be complete morons. Thus their actions don't make sense. That isn't something you do unless you've done it before. They didn't seem like a group that would be so stupid to rush like that, especially if Ellie really was the only choice they had. For something like this you would HAVE to have a lot of prep time, and some kind of discussion over what to do, what could go wrong, all sorts of things. THis would take way more then a day.

Even if it were just the case of the writing being rushed, it's a pretty damn big problem. It does seem most likely Joel was just lying, but it's bizarre that if he were telling the truth that those rushed actions make a hell of a lot more sense.

I rewatched the end on youtube... ANd I think my copy fucked up. The clip with Joel and Marlene dragged on a fair bit longer on my system then the ending showed. O_O

Point still stands for the most part though, him telling the truth makes the Firefly's actions make a lot more sense then they did if we assume he was just lying. :p

As Vivi22 said, the only reason the "rushed" is to move the story along. So if she wasn't the only one, rushing it still wouldn't make any sense. It was just to move the narrative along. That's the way I saw it anyway..
I didn't notice Joel's and Marlene's lips moving, I'll have to watch that again. I'm open to other interpretations, but at the moment I just can't see it.

Slothy
06-24-2013, 07:36 PM

I'm not saying it's a perfect piece of writing at the end, but I'm not going to chalk up some stupid writing to events which are never discussed in the actual game and probably don't exist. And the thing is, if you assume Joel wasn't lying, there are tons of people who are immune and they don't need Ellie, then the Fireflies fighting so hard to keep her and Joel needing to shoot whats her face (Marlene?) at the end makes even less sense. You don't fight that hard for a kid that isn't the worlds only hope. And there are simply too many reasons to believe that people who are immune would never get the chance to even discover it for me to believe that it's a common phenomena.

We're not talking about something that's some big massive plot hole and the story doesn't make sense without it though. It's one part that's seems unrealistic at face value. But that doesn't mean we have to make up events which are never referenced in the game to explain it.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 07:38 PM

I rewatched the end on youtube... ANd I think my copy smurfed up. The clip with Joel and Marlene dragged on a fair bit longer on my system then the ending showed. O_O

As Vivi22 said, the only reason the "rushed" is to move the story along. So if she wasn't the only one, rushing it still wouldn't make any sense. It was just to move the narrative along. That's the way I saw it anyway..
I didn't notice Joel's and Marlene's lips moving, I'll have to watch that again. I'm open to other interpretations, but at the moment I just can't see it.

Even if it was to move the story along, it doens't change that it gives one a different view of them entirely. And it would make sense, because they would already know what to do. They wouldn't need to sit down and discuss it, they could just move forward with the operation on the spot. No need to wait, so why do so? The prep for surgery is all they woudl need.

@Vivi

If you read the damned odd bit, you'd notice something else I said. :p

Regardless, it's not just unrealistic at face value, it's unrealistic at any real analysis, and as I originally said it's not really very reasonable regardless of which way you look at the ending. It still stands as a pretty sub-par ending, especially when compared with the rest of the games writing.

Shaibana
06-24-2013, 08:01 PM
OMG OMG OMG im gonna die!!
when a cutscene started the tv went black.. so i restarted ps3 becaus it was stuck.. now im loading the game but it wont go any further than 9.41%....

D:

Shaibana
06-24-2013, 08:23 PM
ooh god.. now the game itself doesnt seem to load :S im seriously going to cry!!
it is stuck @ 28,7%
i have deleted some stuff on the ps3 (not from this game though) becaus i thought it might have something to do with the lack of space, ps3 has been telling me for a viuew days that there is less then 500mb

im desperate

Depression Moon
06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
The Last of Us - Ellen Page, Don't Be Mad at The Last of Us - IGN Video (http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/24/ellen-page-dont-be-mad-at-the-last-of-us)

Hollycat
06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
What? Did you expect something relevant to the game? I haven't played it yet, stop clicking my spoilers.

Shaibana
06-25-2013, 04:35 PM
ive got it under control :l just needed to delete The Last Of Us stuff and 're-install' it

Edge7
06-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Winter... oh man, that winter section was boss. Definitely the highlight of the game.
From having to hunt the deer while wondering just what state Joel is in, to the very last segment where you have to kill David (who I was very shocked to hear was voiced by Nolan North), I was completely absorbed.

The Ending:
I guess my biggest gripe with the ending though is that I would've either preferred an ending where Joel and Ellie are together and happy (the less likely ending) or one dies and the other has to cope. Or they both died. Keeping them together, but leaving their relationship on a shaky note might've worked if the ending hadn't felt so rushed

10/10 material? Probably not, imo. There's too many glitches, and the AI was hyped WAAY too much to live up to my expectations. But the the animations, the environments, the crafting system and navigating around the infected were all good enough for me to place this game with the best of them.

Unrelated note, but has the spoiler tool in the editor been removed? I don't see it anywhere, so I put the tags in manually.

dandy da oak
06-26-2013, 05:49 AM
I love what I have seen of the game, and the multiplayer is the most engrossing I have played in recent time. I just wish I could have a copy of my own :(

Vincent, Thunder God
06-26-2013, 05:56 AM
I didn't realize this was even a zombie related game.

I was concerned about this whole 'no moral line left to cross' nonsense. I guess that's redemption.

Or loss of.

Nicolas
06-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Scientific American - The Fungus That Reduced Humanity to the Last of Us
(http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/overthinking-it/2013/06/25/the-fungus-that-reduced-humanity-to-the-last-of-us/)
Thought this would be a cool article to read regarding the science behind the Cordyceps that inspired our friends in The Last of Us.

black orb
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
>>> Zombies again??..
no thanks..:eep: :luca:

Shaibana
06-26-2013, 06:10 PM
yeah, but these are not your ´traditional´ zombies

DMKA
06-28-2013, 03:25 AM
I finally finished it just a few minutes ago, and I must say...wow. It actually lived up to all the hype. It's easily one of the best video games I've ever played.

I really feel mixed on the ending. It's bittersweet for me really. I mean, by the time the game was over I cared about Ellie and Joel so much that I was really dreading either of them dying. I was glad they both survived, but Joel's decisions in the end seemed incredibly selfish and he went from protector to flat out selfish almost. I mean, it's like what Ellie would have wanted became miniscule next to the fact that she had became his surrogate daughter, which she also had little to no choice of. On top of it, he kills a woman she considered a friend and flat out lies to her about the circumstance surrounding it in the end. And when she ask him to swear it true, he does. And you know what? She trusts him, and believes in him so much, that that's good enough for her. Yet at the same time, she has that lingering bit of question and disbelief in the back of her mind about it.

It really is a fantastic ending to a fantastic game that I didn't see coming at all. I can't remember the last time, if ever, a video game's conclusion provoked me with so much thought. Bravo.

Shaibana
06-28-2013, 06:11 PM
u ppl make me very curious about the ending..
i just entered ´Winter´
sst dont tell me how far i am

Ouch!
06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
For all of you who thought that there was a chance Joel was telling the truth (seriously, were you even paying attention?), Naughty Dog has confirmed in interviews discussing the ending that Joel was lying. It was meant to be obvious that he was lying. Originally, the ending had been written that Ellie believed him wholeheartedly and they rode off into the sunset together, but they rewrote it slightly when they realized that Ellie had too good of a nose for sniffing out bullshit to entirely believe him.

Shaibana
06-28-2013, 10:11 PM
those spoilers are eyeing me :l
But i will not open any of them untill i have finished the game!! this game is to good to let it get spoiled!!

NeoCracker
06-28-2013, 10:34 PM
For all of you who thought that there was a chance Joel was telling the truth (seriously, were you even paying attention?), Naughty Dog has confirmed in interviews discussing the ending that Joel was lying. It was meant to be obvious that he was lying. Originally, the ending had been written that Ellie believed him wholeheartedly and they rode off into the sunset together, but they rewrote it slightly when they realized that Ellie had too good of a nose for sniffing out bullshit to entirely believe him.

If that was at all directed at me, I did adress I had this odd bit where there was a scene that dragged on longer then other copies, giving a different impression then others, so I realize the chance he was lying wasn't really there like it looked like for me originally. Doesn't change that the events that took place make a bit more sense if he was, in fact, telling the truth. Which comes to be my problem with the ending. :p

Shaibana
07-01-2013, 08:08 PM
aww i finished the game!!! now i can finaly read all those spoilers

Shaibana
07-01-2013, 08:16 PM
about the ending:
i would love that Joel was telling the truth becaus i really didnt want to see Ellie die! But on the other side i do think he was lying..
the event before they get in the car makes it a bit blurry

But this game.. Omg i loved it!!

im done.. what do i have to do with my life now?

Neiryu
07-05-2013, 05:52 AM
But this game.. Omg i loved it!!

im done.. what do i have to do with my life now?

Add me and let us fight some Fireflies or some Hunters online ;D PSN: Neiryu

Shaibana
07-05-2013, 04:53 PM
i will add you ;) and i will figure out what to do to get online.. u need an acc or somehthing for it?? :S

Shattered Dreamer
07-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Finished the Last of Us there this evening. Honestly I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a video game this much :bigsmile:

Sephiroth
07-08-2013, 04:05 AM
The ending is far from being wrong and thinking that is as morally questionable as Joel's decision. While one life is not worth more than two, you can't add their "value" and say two are worth more than one. A good person will normally sacrifice their own life for others, even if it is just for one but that is only because we don't want to see other lives end and not because we have lost a 1 < 100 duel. You cannot really think efficiently about this topic because that is the wrong thing, it is inhuman and cruel. I for sure would not sacrifice ANYONE, no matter how many can be rescued. That is no bargain, get 10 for 1 just today. And when it comes to emotional value, this is always something extra. My own life, yes, but that's it. Del's post is exactly the kind of wrong posts because it says there is a wrong decision and that Joel's was wrong.

tony12
07-10-2013, 03:32 AM
The game has sold 3.4 million copies so far in less than a month when you include both digital and dvd sales. You know sony is going to want another game from this so it will be interesting what they do with this series from here on out.

Shaibana
07-10-2013, 05:10 PM
The game has sold 3.4 million copies so far in less than a month when you include both digital and dvd sales. You know sony is going to want another game from this so it will be interesting what they do with this series from here on out.

hmm i dont know if they should do that. the game does leave an opening for a 2nd game. but honestly i would not make one. i am afraid that a 2nd one will just ruin it.

the game sold so well becaus it has been anticipated for a long while. even though i absolutely adore this game i think it is a little bit overrated

tony12
07-11-2013, 02:30 AM

hmm i dont know if they should do that. the game does leave an opening for a 2nd game. but honestly i would not make one. i am afraid that a 2nd one will just ruin it.

the game sold so well becaus it has been anticipated for a long while. even though i absolutely adore this game i think it is a little bit overrated
Possibly from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't stick out from the crowd all that much. But from a story standpoint it is one of the best ever created for a video game. It is one of the very few video game stories you could truly say was just as good as a lot of movies. But I do agree they should only do another game if they have another great idea for a story.

Del Murder
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
That clicking is the stuff of nightmares.

Ouch!
07-16-2013, 01:07 AM
As far as sequels go, Naughty Dog's official policy has been that Joel and Ellie's story is over. They have, however, said that they would consider returning to the world with a new cast of characters (or existing minor characters) if they have a story they want to tell.

tony12
07-17-2013, 04:22 AM
As far as sequels go, Naughty Dog's official policy has been that Joel and Ellie's story is over. They have, however, said that they would consider returning to the world with a new cast of characters (or existing minor characters) if they have a story they want to tell.
Actually that has been a bit of a misconception made by fans created by a misquote in an article around the time the game was released. Naughty Dog has since said that Joel and Ellie's journey within that game (meaning the story of their relationship and the fireflies) is over but that they very possibly could appear in future games involved in a different storyline. They may not be the main characters but Naughty Dog has made it very clear that we very well likely might be seeing them again. http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-a-last-of-us-sequel-creators-wont-r-586791127

Shaibana
07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
quoting from the website Tony12 posted:

'if only in the form of the single-player downloadable content we know is coming.'

this really pisses me of. they did the same with AC3, they gave us alot of Dlc's you had to BUY, so if you wanted to have everything you had to pay 2x for the game.

greedy.. very greedy!

for the love of god just make a new game :S not 10 side story's in the form of DLC's

seriously.. im mad!

tony12
07-17-2013, 08:27 PM

'if only in the form of the single-player downloadable content we know is coming.'

this really pisses me of. they did the same with AC3, they gave us alot of Dlc's you had to BUY, so if you wanted to have everything you had to pay 2x for the game.

greedy.. very greedy!

for the love of god just make a new game :S not 10 side story's in the form of DLC's

seriously.. im mad!

If you want to find out what the full story is when the single player DLC is released but don't want to pay for the game a second time just watch a playthrough of the DLC on youtube. Tons of people put their playthroughs on there and it is not to difficult to find one with no commentary so you can just concentrate on the story without having to listen to any stupid comments from the person playing the game.

Iceglow
07-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm lucky in the sense that my new housemate Kelvin has a ps3. I have now the opportunity to play the exclusives I missed out on the ps3 due to my owning the 360.

Began playing The Last Of Us recently, jumped straight in on hard difficulty, loving the challenge. Currently I am busy enroute to the church as we attempt to build a car.

Shaibana
07-17-2013, 09:06 PM

greedy.. very greedy!

seriously.. im mad!

If you want to find out what the full story is when the single player DLC is released but don't want to pay for the game a second time just watch a playthrough of the DLC on youtube. Tons of people put their playthroughs on there and it is not to difficult to find one with no commentary so you can just concentrate on the story without having to listen to any stupid comments from the person playing the game.

i will problably, but still, playing the game yrself is way much better

Del Murder
07-29-2013, 07:13 AM
My thoughts on the ending:

I thought it was very good and not what I expected. It clearly shows that Joel is not a 'good guy'. In fact, he hinted at this throughout the game, saying he's 'been on both sides' and the disagreement with his brother. His decisions at the end of the game were completely wrong and selfish, but also understandable given his character and history. He also knew this, which is why he tried to keep from getting close to Ellie. If anything, the more distant he was towards her the more he was trying to do the 'right thing'. He know how this might end for her. The Winter chapter changed all that though, and at that point he was too far gone to ever come back. The prologue and epilogue were perfect, showing his character come full circle.

yukina
07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I loved the storyline of this game, mainly because the characters were really fleshed out. It's more like a movie than a game for me, albeit a really clicky and stealthy one. :))