PDA

View Full Version : I am talking to my computer!

Pike
06-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I turned on speech recognition and now I'm talking to my computer. It's pretty great. I'm just sitting here talking and not touching the keyboard and making a new thread. Have you guys ever tried voice commands on your computer?

noxious.sunshine
06-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I might have once with my Macbook, but eh. I don't trust technology -that- much. Isn't that mostly geared for the um.. Blind people?

That's like laptops that now require fingerprint recognition or newer Android phones that give you the option of using facial recognition as a lock option (and a pin code as a back up in case it's dark and the phone can't see you).

Shauna
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
BoB was doing it on chat one day on his phone, it led to hilariousness.

I have not personally done it, though.

Loony BoB
06-09-2013, 06:00 PM
[15:39] <Loony_MoB> you never close your eyes is any more when I can you lose
[15:40] <Loony_MoB> and there's no attendance anymore ring you're feeling good see you then
[15:40] <Loony_MoB> I'm trying hard not to show me baby
[15:40] <Loony_MoB> baby baby baby I know when
[15:40] <Loony_MoB> you love that lovin feeling woohoo that love in the evening you've lost that lovin feeling now its gone gone gone Willow Run

Mirage
06-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I used voice recognition on my PC once. It was neat, but ultimately too limiting, considering I like loud musics in non-headphones.

Night Fury
06-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Aye like that's ganna work for me like. xD

Aulayna
06-09-2013, 07:05 PM
True story:

My friend got a Google Nexus way back when they first came out. He has a very thick Corkonian (seriously this accent is so bad hardly anyone outside Cork can understand it) accent. He used voice commands on Google Maps and asked for "directions to Uncle Pete's" (Uncle Pete's is a local Pizza chain).

It registered his command as "how to get Herpes."

Rebellious Eagle
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I just do it with my phone sometimes to see what kind of hilarity ensues. It registered curse words as "*****" when sending text messages.

escobert
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
No never.