PDA

View Full Version : HAGGIS

Aulayna
06-09-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.turnbullclan.com/tca/images/stories/2012pics/haggis_recipe.jpg

So goooooood! (it looks revolting though)

Shauna
06-09-2013, 07:20 PM
It's great. :} Haggis, neeps and tatties is such a wonderous meal.

Formalhaut
06-09-2013, 08:31 PM
It looks like an oversized cyst that has split.

Chris
06-09-2013, 08:45 PM
YES. EAT IT WITH SOME SALMON OR TROUT, AND IT IS EVEN MORE AMAZING.

Pike
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
It looks like an oversized cyst that has split.

it really does :barf:

kotora
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Only had the deep fried variant because anything besides fish 'n chips is ridiculously expensive in the UK, but it was good. I can recommend Sammy's Fish & Chips in Fort William for any Eoffer looking to visit the Highlands :monster:

Jinx
06-10-2013, 12:11 AM
I'd try it once, because I'm adventurous when it comes to sampling food.

But that looks totally rancid.

Shauna
06-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I'd link a picture of what the meal looks like on your plate, as opposed to coming out of the bag (like in the opening post), but it just looks like a bunch of mashed up stuff on a plate. xD

Damn the unappetising pictures. :argh:

Rantz
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
The one time I ate haggis, it was from a shady pub in a backwater town somewhere in Scotland. To this day I still wonder what sort of mindless courage possessed me, but I have no regrets cause it tasted great.

Quindiana Jones
06-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Aye, haggis tastes magnificent.

noxious.sunshine
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
No. Sorry. Just. No. I won't do it.

I've eaten enough weird sh*t in my day. S'like the BF's sister threatening to make me try pork blood.
.... Or menudo, chicken feet, pickled pig's ears, tripe... *shudders* Uh uh. I'm not going.

kotora
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
It's not even that weird. It's basically a sausage made in a ball shape.

Shauna
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
It's mutton and oats. Pretty sure that's less awful than all those things.

Chris
06-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Or menudo, chicken feet, pickled pig's ears, tripe.
You people break my heart.

Shorty
06-10-2013, 11:25 PM
What the shit is that?

Parker
06-11-2013, 02:12 AM
finally had this today, it was pretty good.

noxious.sunshine
06-11-2013, 09:31 PM
What's what? Menudo? Aside from being that boy band Ricky Martin used to be in....

Oh wait. You should know what it is. XD duh. My bad.

I thought Haggis was like brains or something.

My ex would buy tripa.. And he would grab one end and hook it up to the sink faucet like a freaking water hose and turn the water on to clean it out. It was disgusting. And boiling it? Oh sweet baby Jesus... That ish -Stinks-. He'd boil it then chop it up really fine and pan fry it. Chicken feet smell really bad too. Along with those bags of frozen mixed mariscos - with like squid and the whole baby octupuses and crab meat and stuff? It all stinks.

I will say, I did like grilled stomago (stomach) the one time I tried it, but it was made by Peruvians with Peruvian sauce.. And corazon (heart) tastes like dried out roast beef. I know I've eaten lengua (tongue), but I can't remember if I liked it or not.

I will say, though, if you don't tell me what something is before I try it, chances are, it'll get eaten. Unless it looks suspicious. Oh dear... That reminds me. We're going to Texas to see the BF's sister in 2 weeks.. IDK if Parker will even -consider- trying Filipino food... -_-;;;

What I -do- like though... Fried alligator tail and frogs' legs... Mmmmmmmm.....