PDA

View Full Version : Best Materia Combination Setups

Jeymz
06-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Explain what do you think the best materia combinations are and why?

please post your entire materia setup...

VeloZer0
06-10-2013, 02:33 AM
I don't know about entire materia set up, but here are a couple of pieces that I usually include.

Contain=MP Absorb | Magic Plus
With the Magic Plus boost you will almost get as much MP back as you spend nuking the crap out of something. If you are frequently using it against two targets use Ultima, however it will not come close to paying for itself on one. (Though this damage is somewhat irrelevant if you get to using ultimate weapons.)

Cover | Counter | Long Range | Destruct/Time=Added Effect on the Weapon | Fury Status Effect
You have one character taking all the physical damage for the party, but from the back row. They also counter all the hits with an attack that will has a chance for instant death or stop/slow (whichever is your preference) and fill their limit bar up quickly. Also beneficial in that you can set this up fairly early in the game. You can also be extra nasty and add Hades on the weapon instead.

Deathblow=Added Cut | Mega All
The Deathblow/Added Cut is an awesome combo right from when you first get it, and having the Deathblow hit everyone just makes it sweeter.

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks for another rendition of organize the materia. :) I didn't get too creative with this. Most of the enemies are too weak in the end for what you're doing. I always put encount down everywhere but the lake in the northern crater. I put encount up at the lake. For obvious reasons unless I missed the best place to grind.

SteahMeLee
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Hehehehe I knew these combo but the criteria I use to place Materia into slots is based on being faithful to classes!
This doesn't mean that Cait Sith (Black Mage) or Aeris (White Mage/Summoner) couldn't make use of some magical combo tricks.................. Well, Aeris dies though... Hahahaha! :p

Anyway... I use a very simple yet strong Tifa (Monk) Materia combo...

Since she just have Deathblow paired with Counter (the light blue one) and also Counter Attack (the purple one), I can fill her slots with not 1 but 7 Counter Attack (purple) Materia since the game can count up to 8 counters and she would first counter with Deathblow and then with 7 more regular attacks! Not bad for a Monk that has counter as its signature skill! :jess: