PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Press Conference - #E32013

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
XBOX ONE
MICROSOFT PRESS CONFERENCE E3 2013
(cool header image coming later)

The conference has now ended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ VERSION:

- XBONE releases NOVEMBER 2013 for $499/€499/£429
- New, quieter, slimmer 360 available immediately

- Technical difficulties interrupted this summary... seriously, of all the times you didn't want them Microsoft!

- Killer Instinct confirmed as XBONE exclusive
- Dead Rising 3 is XBONE exclusive
- Ryse: Son of Rome - XBONE exclusive God of War style game
- AI "redefined" in Forza 5
- Project Spark allows you to build and share games
- Smart Glass is effectively becomming a tablet device that lets you access matchmaking, stats and all sorts of other trout for ALL your games, not just the one you're playing
- New Halo confirmed
- Titanfall looks awesome
- MGSV MGSV MGSV OMG MGSV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:26 Waiting... commercials... hurrah \o/

17:28 Still commercials xD

17:33 There has apparently been a slight technical delay which is causing the late start. :(

17:36 It begins...

17:37 The Konami logo appears followed by some dudes on horseback in Afghanistan. Then the Kojima logo and the Fox Engine logo and we're straight into gameplay footage of the new Metal Gear Solid game. It's open world with real time weather; sandstorms, storms, sun - you name it - all with a realistic passage of time. A plethora of vehicles - so far we've seen a jeep and a tank. Konami are dubbing this as "tactical espionage redefined" with "unparalleled strategic freedom"

17:39 They're really bigging up the stealth aspect, hanging off the side of a horse to avoid guards. The classic dodging spot lights.

17:40 But when combat happens you seem to be able to steal guns from the enemies and use them against them.

17:41 A montage introducing the characters... the graphics look amazing... Ocelot and Emmerich are back!

17:42 SNAKE IS BACK - MGS 5 The Phantom Pain (nice little voice over from Keifer Sutherland)

17:42 Don and Hideo take to the stage to kick us off!

17:43 Come on Don, tell as about THE GAMES! THE GAMES! THE GAMES!

17:43 We're going to see 13 exclusive XBOX ONE titles in this conference. That's a sizeable amount.

17:44 Yusuf Meidi is here to talk to us about upcoming 360 news. There's a new model coming that's based on the XBOX ONE design. The big shock - it's available RIGHT NOW!

17:45 XBOX LIVE Gold Members will receive 2 game free downloads per month. Kicking off with Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3.

17:45 Hundreds of new games still planned for the 360.

17:46 World of Tanks, a hugely successful online PC f2p game (you may have heard of it...) is coming to the XBOX 360 - and it's FREE!

17:48 Victory Kisli is here from Wargaming (the company behind World of Tanks) appears on stage to big up his company and why they chose the 360 for the console edition. 15v15 warfare in your living room. If you're familiar with WoT you know the deal. If not, check out World of Tanks ? Free Online Game (http://www.worldoftanks.com)

17:50 Max the Curse of Brotherhood - a game from indie Danish studio Press Play. A cute little platform where you use crayons to edit the environment and avoid hazzards. Coming to the 360.

17:51 Dark Souls II trailer. Looking as dark, demonic and frustrating as ever! The tagline being "Go Beyond Death" - well Death is certainly something that happens a lot to me in Dark Souls so I'm already an expert at that. :P

17:53 Phil Spencer is here... complete with his impeccably cheesey grin... here to tell us about XBOX ONE .... GAMES!

17:54 First new franchise coming up.... aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddd my internet's died... xD DAMNIT!

17:58 Switched over to GameSpot as GameTrailers doesn't seem to like me... so yeah I assume this game is called Ryse and it's the rumored Microsoft God of War we've been hearing about? (fill me in yo!)

18:00 Speculation abound on whether this is pre-rendered or not. It certainly looks very cinematicy.. and not very... gamelike.

18:01 Killer Instinct confirmed as an exclusive XBOX ONE title!

18:03 Insomniac are here to talk about there newest game Sunset Overdrive - Very distinct cartoony platform.

18:06 Here comes the expected hyping up of Forza 5.

18:09 A new system called Drivatar - learns how you play, races for you when you're not playing. When you're playing online or against AI the XBOX ONE will give you Drivatar controlled controls - giving a more dynamic and human feel to racing - especially against the AI who will no longer be so predictable.

18:11 Phil Harrison is here to talk about how they are planning to help indie developers with XBOX ONE. Something that has been a controversial topic on the internet as of late.

18:13 The big first reveal is... Minecraft... yes... Minecraft... mull over that for a minute.

WTF?

18:15 Sam Lake from Remedy comes to the stage to tell us more about Quantum Break, one of the more interesting titles from the XBOX ONE reveal event. Confirmed as an XBOX ONE exclusive. Appears to be a tv show tie-in and relies heavilly on manipulating time itself.

18:16 D4, a cool look cel-shaded comic book style game.

18:18 Another new game from Microsoft Studios. Project Spark. A game making... game. Using voice commands and Smart Glass.

18:21 You can make and share games with your friends. And even go right down as far as creating assets that can be shared and incorporated. You can even morph the terrain in the process and all sorts of other zany trout! You can even take someone elses map and tailoring it.

18:25 Some insight into how Smart Glass is becomming better, rather than just being a useless app. It shows game info, tips, stats about friends etc and even can be used in the game to queue up for matchmaking in other games. Demonstrated as we seamlessly transition from Ryse to a match in Killer Instinct.

18:27 This goes straight into another new feature of the XBOX ONE - the Upload Video function. Similar to the PS4 video editting and sharing...

18:28 The big surprise though is XBOX ONE has built in Twitch.tv streaming functionality!

18:29 Microsoft Points are being scrapped, and real money is being used. Only one XBOX Gold subscription needed per console now, not per login!

18:30 And some slight technical difficulties again as there's no sound on this next trailer from the makers of Panzer Dragon - called Crimson Dragon.

18:31 Dead Rising 3 revealed! We're straight into gameplay... Los Perdidos has suffered a zombie outbreak and our protagonist armed with just a wrench is in all sorts of trout.

18:35 You're able to combine items together to make better stuff and even use stuff like Flare Guns to distract those zombies for a moment - sparing you a precious few seconds to avoid having your brains eaten!

18:37 The improvisation even goes as far as attacking a chain saw to a broom and throwing it into the zombie horde.

18:38 Smart Glass can also be used to aid in the adventure, for example calling in artillery support.

18:38 Dead Rising 3 is coming EXCLUSIVELY to the XBOX ONE this Christmas.

18:40 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - coming to XBOX ONE. Optional voice commands via Kinect. Inventory management etc and all be done via Smart Glass.

18:42 EA and DICE here to talk about Battlefield 4. Just as we're about to get some footage, the technical difficulties kick back in again and there's no sound on the trailer.

18:43 Technical difficulties ongoing...

18:43 And resolved! Sound, glorious sound!

18:44 As always the Battlefield trailer is as stunning as ever.

18:49 DICE take a leaf out of Activision's book - BF4 Map Packs coming first to the XBOX ONE.

18:50 What Lies Below - another potential gem coming from the Superbrothers: Swords & Sorcery crew.

18:54 New Halo confirmed for 2014. The Chief is back baby.

18:56 XBOX ONE coming in November 2013 - $499.99, €499.99, £429.99 - OUCH!

18:58 Rounding us out for this conference is a brand new trailer for Titanfall. Can only be described as what looks like a Gears of War x Mechwarrior x Planetside love child.

19:00 Vince from Respawn comes to the stage to babble some more about Titanfall. Pretty much the first thing he mentions is Cloud Computing (which nearly everyone on the stage has mentioned at least once!)

19:02 You seem to be able to temporarilly run along walls, that's pretty cool.

19:05 ROBOTS FIGHTING ROBOTS - WHO DOESN'T LOVE ROBOTS FIGHTING ROBOTS? Titanfall is coming in Spring 2014.

19:05 And that's it for the Microsoft Conference.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
No point in two threads, I'll just post my thoughts thus far here. :p

Well, get to it!

I'll probably just post in chunks as a take notes on Notepad like so.

________________________________________ ___
Well, XBOx is aperently doing all games this time.

And the first reveal is an F2P on Vita.

More TV related XBone stuff with HBO. Still can't care.

I love each mention of DS2 is only them saying the name excitedly. XD

Not Big on Lego games, but hey, they are well made. NOt a bad way to lead in, makes up
for the F2P opening anyway. Always glad to See Stephen Blum getting Work.

XBox guy saying they always care about Indies? Awesome. :rolleye:

"Remakes always do very well." Quote of the Night.

And smurf you Rare, Kinect Sports? The XBox conferance is quickly going to smurf.

He is talking way more about Kinect Sports then a person should ever talk about Kinect Sports.

The interviewer had to ask about the heartrate thing.
Rare guy didn't seem to remember he should have brought it up.(About 12-15 minutes.)

I'm kind of looking forward to see if it gets worse.

Go ahead and close out my thread mod of some kind! :p

Freya
06-10-2013, 05:36 PM
KONAMI!

This music to this ughhh :roll2:

A NEW xbox 360? What why?

Oooo Darksouls 2

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Well, a November Launch. That's something so far.

Lot of mentions of Killer Instinct. I'll laugh when it's not Killer Instint Rare reveals.

So they are trying to turn MGS into Assassins Creed? I'm not a MGS fan, but I don't know
if that's such a good Idea. At least the graphics look nice, and we got some gameplay
footage, though that was a bit unimpressive.

Highlight of the conferance: Xbox presenter surprised crowd cheers.

At least the XBox live caries over.

I like the new game DL thing, but AC3 and Halo3?

Announced World of Tanks on 360. Alright announcement I guess. Nothing special.

Also, am I the only one who caught the number of exclusives dropped from 15 to 13?

Max: Curse of Brother hood - Looks like a less artsy Limbo. Seems okay.

DS 2 footage, I can dig it. Though it's on PS3 anyway. :p

And now we are on to exclusives!

Psychotic
06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
But I have both of those free game download games already :(

Freya
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
This Ryse game looks cool!

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Rise: Son of Rome

That city looks pretty damn cool.

Okay, this game actually seems pretty rad thus far. Apperently it's third E3 though.

Correction, started loosing interest at the part they took terns exchanging javelin fire.

A less Systematic God of War with more quick time buttons for normal combat.

...Huzzah?

Okay, Killer Instinct. That's pretty smurfing cool.

Edit:

Well, Sunset Overdrive. Insomniac doing an XBone exclusive. I could never get into many of their
games, but they are good developers. Let's see how it goes.

Changing world influenced by players is an interesting Idea. Visuas aren't to shabby, I
llike the more styalized look of it.

Seems to move fast, though depending on what the controls are, Controler or Kinect, will
determine if it's good or not I think.

Still though, two games that look pretty good!

Slothy
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
New Killer Instinct? Meh.

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I am actually super impressed with this presentation so far. Between the new MGS, the Rome game and Killer Instinct I'm basically sold.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
We believe in Inovation! Here's a new Forza!

And they are trying to equate higher detail with Inovation.

Lot of fancy words. Apperently this is the end of AI, even though they are just using
AI. This guy is stupid.

Also, Innovation means getting rewareded for shit you weren't there to do yourself. Took
a play right out of Fable 2, that it did.

I'm happy, but KI isn't really a system seller or anything, just pretty cool. :p

Slothy
06-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Lot of fancy words. Apperently this is the end of AI, even though they are just using
AI. This guy is stupid.

The end of AI? As in artificial intelligence? Aside from that making no sense at all, someone better warn Jude Law and Haley Joel Osment.

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Minecraft... yawn, it's already everywhere else.

Car game looks good even if it's not my usual style.

Slothy
06-10-2013, 06:17 PM
18:13 The big first reveal is... Minecraft... yes... Minecraft... mull over that for a minute.

So, their first big reveal is neither big nor revealing?

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:18 PM
And Minecraft coming to XBone. I can't bring myself to give a shit.

And will Quantum Break come out good?

Oh god that face was fucking hilarious. XD

I cannot take this scene seriously.

"SOmeone was murdered! Care dammit!"

And D4 looks nice, though that told me virtually nothing.

Slothy
06-10-2013, 06:20 PM
18:15 Sam Lake from Remedy comes to the stage to tell us more about Quantum Break, one of the more interesting titles from the XBOX ONE reveal event. Confirmed as an XBOX ONE exclusive.

Until Remedy asks Microsoft really nicely to let them release it on PC anyway.

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Project Spark looks like Microsoft's answer to LittleBigPlanet. Not really my style but looks fun.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I missed most of Spark cause my connection bugged, but seemed interesting at least.

Edit: And there went my interest in KI.

Edit:

Doing away with points is nice.

Streaming and recording features don't interest me, but hey, it's for someone.

Crimson DR seems... eh.

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:31 PM
PANZER DRAGOON WITH DRAGONS

Freya
06-10-2013, 06:32 PM
NEW PANZER

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I was done with Zombie games years ago. No interest in Dead Rising 3. Seems legit for a fan
of the series though.

"Walk up to Zombie, kick zombie, then shoot zombie"
Two of those steps seemed unnecessary

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
LOOK AT THIS ZOMBIE GAME HOLY CRAP I WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF SMASHING IN ZEDS

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:38 PM
...A mechanic called in an airstrike? What?

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:38 PM
...A mechanic called in an airstrike? What?

HE CALLED IN AN ARTILLERY STRIKE I JUST THIS IS AMAZING

Freya
06-10-2013, 06:39 PM
witcher witcher witcher witcher

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I missed part of the Smart Glass thing, so i don't know how to feel about that set up.

Regardless, I doubt this could only be done on the XBone like he said. :p

Edit: And BF4 just froze. I like to think it's an Omen.

Edit2: And we usher in teh Xbone with a grey fill shooter. Way to go EA. :roll2:

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:47 PM
OH HEY A MODERN MILITARY SHOOTER HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN A WHILE

Freya
06-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Whatever this Battlefield looks freaking awesome!

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Roguelike you say? Mite b cool.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 06:54 PM
And the last trailer looked intresting, and the nthere was Master Chief.

Pike
06-10-2013, 06:55 PM
You have a problem with Master Chief? :colbert:

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:00 PM
You mean other then Halo being massively overrated and kind of boring?

I will say though, Titan Fall seems pretty neat.

Pike
06-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Halo is underrated IMO, if my Twitter feed being filled with people complaining about it is any indication.

The first Halo game was great, I don't care what anyone says :colbert:

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
The first Halo was decent, and was great for bringing online to consoles. It was all downhill after that. :p

So far, I think the best looking game is Titan Fall. This is some pretty cool Gameplay footage we are getting.

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Titan Fall looks cool, but yeah, I suck at Planetside.

Also the launch price for the console is $499

Pike
06-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Okay, I'm impressed. Probably won't get it at launch but XBOne has mostly redeemed itself to me.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:12 PM
To better articulate my feelings on the XBox conferance, it was way better then I imagined
it would be. It had some really stupid bits, like Kinect Sports opening off, the Forza 5
presentation, and BF 4. Killer Instint had some interest until the gameplay came up, and
it just looked like Street Fighter with KI characters.

Dead Rising 3 and Witcher are good if you are into those games. I'm not, so I dont' care,
but still it was some good showing with those things though. I will sa DR3 with th emechanic
calling in the air strike was just goofy.

The most eye catching thing was Titan Fall, which really does look great. Mind you, they didn't
show enough to make me forget the other stupid things about XBone, and they haven't really
adressed any of the issues that have been coming up online about it, which worries me.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Ahahahaha $500 is steep as hell, but you really think Yuropoors are going to pay $660+ for this thing? asjahahshahahahahaha oh ow my sides

Pike and I will probably get one once we're together, as the price may have dropped by then and there will be more games and maybe SKUs on offer, but as much as I want DR3 RIGHT THE HELL NOW I can't justify that price point.

Pike
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
MORE IMPORTANTLY I want to know where my free games are on XBL. YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE FREE GAMES, MICROSOFT!

Loony BoB
06-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Titan Fall looks good. Glad you only have to pay for one subscription per console as that's a sticking point for Danielle and I, although if PS4 has no sub required then I'll probably not care and just get a PS4 first anyway. I've got a scared feeling that the GDDR5 RAM in the PS4 will drive the cost up higher than that of the Xbone, though - I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot again and have a considerably higher priced console, because £429 is bloody high enough.

Ouch!
06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
You mean like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed which are free right now?

Fable III (for those who care, for whatever reason) is also free to promote the HD remake of Fable.

Pike
06-10-2013, 07:23 PM

REALLY?

AWESOME

Madame Adequate
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Titan Fall looks good. Glad you only have to pay for one subscription per console as that's a sticking point for Danielle and I, although if PS4 has no sub required then I'll probably not care and just get a PS4 first anyway. I've got a scared feeling that the GDDR5 RAM in the PS4 will drive the cost up higher than that of the Xbone, though - I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot again and have a considerably higher priced console, because £429 is bloody high enough.

If Sony weren't already aiming at a low price point they're gonna be idiots not to be scrabbling around backstage right now to bring the PS4 down to $399/£300/etc. The Kintect is driving up the price of the XBone massively, and they need to outdo that.

They'd make a big loss on consoles, but you always do. You make it up on games, and you get games by getting a customer base (and vice-versa).

Pike
06-10-2013, 07:29 PM

I just looked these up and neither of them are free for me :(

Ouch!
06-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Huh, I'd heard both of them were free. Weird.

M'bad. Not yet. Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 will be "among the first" free games. (http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/10/microsoft-fires-back-at-sony-with-free-game-downloads-for-xbox-live-gold-gamers/)

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Really I'll be happy if PS4 gets a 450$ Price Point right now. I don't think they need to beat out MS by all that much with the Ill Will MS has been brewing up with the gaming audience. That's why I think they my launch at the same price point.

Slothy
06-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Really I'll be happy if PS4 gets a 450$ Price Point right now. I don't think they need to beat out MS by all that much with the Ill Will MS has been brewing up with the gaming audience. That's why I think they my launch at the same price point.

Ill will or not, if Sony comes in a fill $100 below the Xbone, they might just cripple them out of the gate. All the ill will gives them even more reason to hit them hard and hit them early. Do it out of the gate when that Kinect with every console is really going to hurt them the most.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Ill will or not, if Sony comes in a fill $100 below the Xbone, they might just cripple them out of the gate. All the ill will gives them even more reason to hit them hard and hit them early. Do it out of the gate when that Kinect with every console is really going to hurt them the most.

I can agree with that strategy, but part of me is not really sure if that's what Sony's going to do.

While a 50$ price point isn't as impactful as a 100$ Price point, Sony may see that as a big enough gap to grab the lead right now. Especially with how good even 450$ looks compared to the PS3's 600$ price tag.

As long as it's not more expensive then XBone, I see Sony still coming out of this looking better, or at least they will assume so. :p

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
First post updated with some photos courtesy of IGN.

Loony BoB
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I just don't see them losing that much cash on their console. I hope like hell you guys might be right, but knowing Sony's history with pricing, I can't see them having a higher cost package (GDDR5 is not cheap at all, DDR3 which Xbone uses is dirt cheap) and having a lower selling point. I won't get my hopes up, let's put it that way. Expecting around £429-499. :(

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 07:55 PM
TLDR version also added to the first post! xD

Dat Matt
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Out of all of it, 3 games caught my attention.

* Crimson Dragon is the same as the panzer dragoon games of olde.
* Spark looked good, but there seems to be way too much faffing around to make it awesome
* Titanfall looked pretty good, puts a spin on the FPS genre.

So we have a nostigic game, something I won't put the effort into making great and a cool game with is exclusive to 3 Microsoft consoles (most of which we own one of anyway).

Lets see how PS4 does, and if it gets my money. They'll probably at least show one RPG.

Slothy
06-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I just don't see them losing that much cash on their console. I hope like hell you guys might be right, but knowing Sony's history with pricing, I can't see them having a higher cost package (GDDR5 is not cheap at all, DDR3 which Xbone uses is dirt cheap) and having a lower selling point. I won't get my hopes up, let's put it that way. Expecting around £429-499. :(

Honestly, the GDDR5 RAM will be the only thing that isn't pretty cheap in the thing, and even that might put the PS4 on par with the Xbone in terms of production cost when you factor in a Kinect in every box. I'd still say it's in Sony's best interest to come in significantly cheaper than $500. Microsoft has basically just announced that they want to be the PS3 of this generation (remember that the 20GB PS3 model launched at $500). If Sony just comes in at close to, or the exact same, price then all it shows is they haven't learned the biggest lesson for why the PS3 lost the lead the PS2 gave them (or even why the PS2 did so well in the first place).

Shauna
06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
lol@UK price. gl M$. Seriously what are they thinking here.

But, overall, sounds like it's not a bad lineup. Not quite the trainwreck I was expecting.

Pike
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Huh, I'd heard both of them were free. Weird.

M'bad. Not yet. Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 will be "among the first" free games. (http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/10/microsoft-fires-back-at-sony-with-free-game-downloads-for-xbox-live-gold-gamers/)

:squee: I don't have either of those games so this is gonna be good.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Sony USED to know damn well how to price things.

Sony PlayStation: The Price Heard Around the World - "299" - (E3 1995 Keynote) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI)

Del Murder
06-11-2013, 06:25 AM
So far none of those exclusives would even get me to consider jumping ship to XBone. Was highly unlikely anyway.

Skyblade
06-11-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't really have a lot of interest in the system, but I popped in here to look at the overview, and felt I had to mention this:

Master Chief in a cloak looks completely idiotic. I mean, what the heck.

NeoCracker
06-11-2013, 04:05 PM
In Regards to Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct is Free-to-Play With Only 1 Free Character - Blistered Thumbs (http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/06/killer-instinct-is-free-to-play-with-only-1-free-character/)

Slothy
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
So in addition to being made by an, at best, mediocre developer, they're also doing free-to-play wrong? As if I needed more reason to not care about Killer Instinct than the mediocre originals.

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 04:48 PM
NEW TLDR VERSION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkZNNaYBro

Slothy
06-12-2013, 03:46 PM
I really think Microsoft needs some lessons in damage control at the very least.

The Escapist : News : Microsoft Executive Replies To Xbox One Negativity (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124911-Microsoft-Executive-Replies-To-Xbox-One-Negativity)
Want to know an easy way to tell a company is lying? When they say they've got stuff under wraps that will make their console that everyone already hates worth it, but aren't showing it because it's "not a race."

And this one's pretty good too:
Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft - IGN (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft)

NeoCracker
06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
And from Penny-Arcade. :p

Penny Arcade - Aftermath (http://penny-arcade.com/comic)

Vyk
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
And woe, business and marketing degrees don't mean shit when you won't listen to what matters. They don't seem to understand this is an industry where you have to give people what they want, not tell them what they want and try to force it on them

Shauna
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft - IGN (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft)

consumer research

Which consumers did they speak to, exactly? xD

Formalhaut
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM

On the comments section of that article, I found this gem. Seriously, that's such a smartass answer isn't it? It's so bad, it's funny.

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/66/26/42a6b9e14ef3dd1ecfa42b12a9c9290e-got1.gif

It's like Microsoft has no concept of damage control or keeping fans happy. Instead, their more than happy just to fan the flames with comments like these.

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2013, 05:25 PM
£500.

Just so everybody in the UK knows, you can genuinely buy and/or make a high range gaming PC for that much, including peripherals. That and/or is incorrect. You can't do both; you have to choose. But whichever one you go for, it'll be the same result: high quality gaming in every capacity. Do it, you noobs.

Vyk
06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Microsoft should really learn to listen to their fans. But since they obviously don't want to, I'm not sad that they've pretty much guaranteed a huge loss. They can't seem to let go of a bad idea and they'll take it to their grave on this one I guess. I just don't get why they're so desperately marrying this DRM idea

Nobody's buying the idea that this is the publishers forcing their hand. Publishers will want their games on consoles so they can make money. Microsoft could just as easily be like "We don't want to do this, so do you want to put your game on our console or not?" Sony's not doing this. Nintendo's not doing this. What's the publisher going to say? "No, we don't want to make money"?

Right now it's just Microsoft saying 'no we don't want to make money'.