View Full Version : EA Press Conference - #E32013

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
EA
Electrionic Arts E3 2013 Press Conference
Sports. Sports. SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTS!
(cool header pic coming later)

The conference has now come to a close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ VERSION:

- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - 3rd person shooter/action game, except with plants and zombies. It's awesome!
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT being made by DICE!
- MIRROR'S EDGE 2!
- DRAGON'S AGE 3!
- Battlefield 4 64 multiplayer, with buildings that can be demolished
- SPOOOOOOOOOOOOORTS, ACRONYMS, DATA, MORE SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTS, MORE SILLY ENGINE NAMES, NUMBERS, SPOOOOOOORTS
- New Need for Speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20:50 - just over 10 minutes to go

21:01 - this one is on time! Unlike Microsoft... either that or they're hiding it behind this funky techno music we've got going on that a montage of game names...

21:02 - Everything we're going to be shown is for PS4 and XBONE. The yearly sports titles... Need for Speed and Dragon Age!

21:03 - A rather comedy gold Plants vs Zombies style Battlefield trailer as Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare gets official revealed.

21:04 - Garden Warfare is a third-person action title! Coming first to XBONE and then the 360.

21:06 - A look at the multiplayer co-operative survival mode combining all your favourite plants from PvZ in a 3rd person shooter style game where ... as the name suggests... you hold off against waves and waves of enemies!

21:08 - Disco Zombie is back complete with a Night Fever intro... awesome! I want this game already xD

21:09 - Peggle 2 announced! We love you Popcap \o/ - they're certainly happy about it:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18qf5hn35wy9xgif/ku-xlarge.gif

21:11 - Now for more juicy TitanFall stuff. Coming to XBONE, 360 and PC next year.

21:14 - They're trying to add the story and drama of a single player game but as a multiplayer experience!

21:15 - A sales pitch about EA's Next Gen engines - EA Sports Ignite and Frostbite 3 - all the new games are being built on them.

21:16 - NEW BATTLEFRONT REVEALED being made by DICE.

21:18 - New Need for Speed. Need for Speed Rivals! Not unexpected.

21:19 - New feature in Online Play called "All Drive" merging the boundaries between all game Modes. What starts off in single player suddenly turns into multiplayer. Devices like tablets can even be used by a third person to summon in things like Helicopter support.

21:22 - Some talk about the Need for Speed movie. Expectation - probably another Fast & Furious.

21:23 - It's DA 3 time!

21:24 - Dragon Age Inquisition. Coming Fall 2014. Time for a trailer titled "The Fires Above"

21:25 - Will you stand against the darkness... or lead the world to it's bitter end. I for one, am excited.

21:26 - SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS and MORE SPORTS. It's time for E - A - SPORTS - IT'S IN THE GAME!

21:27 - Ridiculously photogenic Andrew Wilson of EA Sports is on stage stunning with his tight clothes and flawless teeth. Pretty much rehashing what he said at XBONE reveal event.

21:28 - Here comes the line-up. Starting off with a stereotypical embarassment of E3 - rapping on stage - for NBA LIVE '14

21:29 - BRAND NEW DRIBBLE TECHNOLOGY Ladies and Gentlemen. The future is here! BounceTek. The ball has physics now. Lock up your daughters...

21:32 - Madden NFL 25 - again going on about how the new consoles allow for MOAR DATA and MOAR INTELLIGENCE and more silly sounding engines like LOCOMOTION CONTROL and PLAYERSENSE. Stuff about the line, you can step up and deliver the ball. Yes really, they said that.

21:36 - From American Football to proper Football. It's FIFA time. A far more laid back trailer with heartfelt interviews of footballers. No bigging up technology this time.

21:37 - I take that back. Drake is on stage to spew a load of PR cheese about how much he loves FIFA. /YAWN #GETONWITHIT

21:38 - Here comes the technology spiel - PRO INSTINCTS. BIG DATA, 4X MORE CALCULATIONS PER SECOND - YEAAAAAH NUMBERS - TO GIVE PRECISION MOVEMENT AND ELITE TECHNIQUE. smurf yeah! I feel like I've learned nothing but I want it already.

21:41 - Continuing with the over the top stage drama we get an over the top intro for UFC. The crowd don't seem impressed!

21:44 - How much mascara is Andrew Wilson wearing?

21:46 - Awkward doesn't even begin to described this UFC bit. "He wanted to take me down so I took him down first" - no trout, isn't that the point?

21:47 - SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTS... oh wait

21:47 - BATTLEFIELD FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR!

21:46 - New Frostbite tech called Levolution (seriously who comes up with these names?) - not sure what it does other than make everything BIGGER and BETTER.

21:47 - Commander Mode for the tablet. A connected experience that's going to run adjacent to the existing Battlelog platform. It's basically a battle map, so someone can take the role of Commander and.... Command!

21:49 - Time for a 64 person live match on the Siege of Shanghai map - classy!

21:50 - Battlefield always looks so pretty.... oh look, US flag in China... 'MUUUUUURICA

21:54 - Our 2nd tablet airstrike of the day!

21:55 - Holy trout you can take out entire buildings. Well.. dayumn!

21:56 - Finally! Mirror's Edge 2! Okay DICE, I love you again.

21:58 - And that's a wrap for EAs conference.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Here's looking forward to EA putting on a lack luster show. :p

Ouch!
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
We'll see Dragon Age 3: Inquisition's formal announcement. Not sure how much detail we'll get about it, though.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them tease the next game in the Mass Effect franchise they've been mentioning for a while.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm actually looking forward to hearing about Inquisition. Regardless of it's many, many problems, I enjoyed the second Dragon Age quite a bit. The characters were so well written in that game and I hope the third keeps up that quality of writing for them.

And I recall them saying they were going to make sure not to pull the same shit with the maps after all the outcry.

Freya
06-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Bioware said they wont have any Mass Effect info at this E3.

Ouch!
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Welp, no Mass Effect then (and, frankly, I'm not exactly itching for the next one).

As for Dragon Age, I also really liked DA2. The game certainly had it's problems (recycled dungeons everywhere and waves of enemies) and it took a lot of risks (and not all of them worked), but whenever anyone tells me that the storyline in Origins was better than in DA2, I want to punch them in the face. Call me crazy, but I found DA:O's storyline contrived. At least DA2 tried something different, even if it stumbled along the way.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I prefered 2's story as well. I can see why a person would like Origins better, it was the big epic tale of the wardens vs. The blight.

Two was, for the most part, not one long story. It was your rise to a position of power, and the slow build of a Rebellion starting. At times I felt people just wanted to DO2 to be that, and judged it by the standards of the a Story like Origins, rather then the kind of story it actually was.

Mind you, there were still flaws even looking at it like that, but it certainly holds up a lot better. :p

Loony BoB
06-10-2013, 08:16 PM
SimSports

Freya
06-10-2013, 08:17 PM
DA just teased something on fb. Too bad I have to go to work soon :( I want to see me some new DA :(

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 08:18 PM
SimSports

You're onto something! Don't give EA ideas xD

Slothy
06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Bioware said they wont have any Mass Effect info at this E3.

Maybe Bioware won't. Doesn't mean there isn't another game in the works with another team.

Here's my prediction for how an EA conference will almost certainly go:
- sequel
- sequel
- attempt to beat a popular series by doing exactly what it does
- sequel
- sequel that triples the budget of the original and adds in multiplayer. Cue expectations of selling five million plus copies despite the original barely selling one million.
- remake of fan favourite title that completely misses the point of the original
- another sequel
- remember that cluster fuck that was Sim City? Have some DLC!
- one more sequel for good measure because everyone loves those.
- astonishment that no one cares about what they're showing

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 08:58 PM
WOOO! LEts do this E3!

...Or not and we get PVZ 2.

That one actually got me. XD

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Ahahah I could tell from the silhouettes that it was something silly

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 09:07 PM
I love this PvZ game already!

Freya
06-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Whyyyyy am I at work. I wanna see the new pvz

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
And not a cheer was heard for peggle 2.

Edit: Titan fall also to PC and 360. XD

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 09:12 PM
PEGGLE 2 FUCK YES \O/

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Titanfall looks cool to me "on paper" but it still hasn't really sold me on it yet.

Edit: OMG BATTLEFRONT

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
With Battlefront shown, EA is looking pretty good right now, even if it's another one I wasn't a big fan of.

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
New Battlefront, OH MY GAAAAAAWD

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:22 PM
...they're making a Need for Speed movie?

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
And Need for Speed.... another game I'm just entirely meh on.

Freya
06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
What battlefront?

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Varrik! YES!

The Seeker! Awesome!

Morrigan!

No real gameplay, and only promises of an open world, but the visuals were great!

Yeah, I'm more excited then I should be. :p

Iquisition in Fall 2014! WooT!

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:26 PM
What battlefront?

Star Wars Battlefront!

--

Not a Dragon Age fan, so didn't care about that trailer.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh god.

Oh god the rapping.

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh god.

Oh god the rapping.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah :eyebrow:

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Dribble dribble dribble.

Ouch!
06-10-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm so glad that they're taking time with Dragon Age Inquisition and that it won't be out until 2014. Love seeing Varric, Cassandra, and Morrigan for the trailer. Looking forward to more information about it.

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Ahahahaha I have no idea why but this idea that they're putting so much time into ball physics is cracking me up

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm still hung up on the rapping.

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 09:35 PM
21:29 - BRAND NEW DRIBBLE TECHNOLOGY Ladies and Gentlemen. The future is here! BounceTek. The ball has physics now. Lock up your daughters...

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy all this new technology is here, and the improvements they bring. I just can't bring myself to dive a damn about the sports presentation.

Could be really great to fans of the games. Wouldn't know.

Edit: And more fucking rapping.

Depression Moon
06-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Garden Warfare looks fun, but that's it. Also sad to see that we're getting another video game movie. Does Need for Speed even have a story?

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Also, does everyone really want to talk about Soccer Drake?

Do they Really?

And the smurf is with the WWF Style introductions?
Edit: Ah, UFC.

[14:44:44] <UncleBigHands> "HE wanted to take me down, so I took Him down first"
[14:44:49] <UncleBigHands> Genius insight there.

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Well dang, that's some fancy graphics. Fighting games of any sort aren't my thing, though.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:50 PM
And more Battle Field.

At least we got a DA trailer thus far? :p

Edit: I am happy they are giving live footage though.

Ultima Shadow
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel2.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari1.png
"Out of all the titles so far, only
Iquisition has appealed to me.
I want to see more death and
worlds falling into darkness."

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari2.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel1.png
"You have some waiting ahead of you
then, unless they somehow decided to
add an unexpected twist to UFC."

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel6.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari1.png
"Let the game take place a thousand years
into the past, at the colloseum, with a
God of War level of violence and I might be
interested. Otherwise... no thanks."

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:53 PM
The very quick Battlefront reveal was the best part of EA's presentation I think, and even that hardly showed anything! :colbert:

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:54 PM
What is with all the games letting your friends play from Tablets?

Edit: The crumbling building was pretty awesome though.

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh man that fall just now in the Battlefield footage where he jumped and then almost didn't deploy his parachute in time gave me serious vertigo.

Pike
06-10-2013, 09:57 PM
OH MY GOD MIRROR'S EDGE

NeoCracker
Mirrors edge never interested me, but I'm glad it's seeing a come back. Seemed pretty well made and inventive.

Aulayna
MIRROR'S EDGE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Depression Moon
06-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Mirror's Edge 2!!!!

Too bad they didn't show shit about it or give details.

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Best parts of the Conferance?

DA: Inquisition, glimpse of BattleFront, and the return of Mirror's Edge with some Gameplay shown.

Not really a worst, just a lot of boring stuff I dont' care about.

And then there was the rapping. That was a thing.

Overal not bad, better then I would have expected.

Pike
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE MIRROR'S EDGE

Ultima Shadow
06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
As little as I care for the actual game, I gotta admit that falling building in battlefield 4 was pretty badass, yeah.

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 10:08 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18qf5hn35wy9xgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Enough said.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2013, 10:10 PM
MIRROR'S EDGE YOU GUYS

That dude's super happy about Peggle 2 yo

Slothy
06-10-2013, 11:02 PM
I'll remain skeptical about Mirror's Edge 2 until I know it's not going to be smurfed up like every other EA sequel to smaller franchises lately.

And new Battlefront by DICE? So Battlefield with blasters?

EDIT: Feeling more skeptical about Mirror's Edge 2 after seeing the initial trailer footage for it. Visually it looks great, but the focus on combat that it seemed to show makes me feel like they might be going in completely the wrong direction with it. Combat wasn't completely terrible in the original, but it could have used some smoothing out of its rough edges, and less of it, not more. When I see shots of Faith staring down five guys at a time I get worried.

Madame Adequate
06-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Yeah but they're gonna want to sell the game to people who never played the first one, which means they'll want to make it look action. They can worry about convincing us later.

Also the problem with combat was gun combat, the actual fighting wasn't all that bad.

Slothy
06-11-2013, 02:49 AM
That's pretty much what I was getting at. Although the one instance of serious hand to hand sucked too. But the whole concept of quickly disarming and incapacitating was great. Fits well with the idea of constantly moving forward.