PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Direct - #E32013

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
NINTENDO
NINTENDO DIRECT E3 BRIEFING 2013
(pretty picture soon)

The conference is now over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-show topic: What are you expecting from Nintendo? Do you think there will be any surprise third party titles? Are there any first party titles you want to see more of?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMES SHOWN:

- Pikmin 3
- X (working title for new Xenoblade game)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Pokémon X & Y
- Donkey Kong County: Tropic Freeze
- The Wonderful 101
- Super Mario 3D World
- Mario Kart 8
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Yoshi's New Island
- Sonic Lost World
- Disney Infinity
- Super Smash Bros.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Scribblenaughts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
- New Super Luigi U
- RAYMAN LEGENDS
- Bayonetta 2
- Wii Party U
- DuckTales: Remastered
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
- Game&Wario
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
- Disney's Planes
- Just Dance 2014
- Skylander's Swap Force
- Cloudberry Kingdom
- Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party

LITTLE NEWS BITS:

- Pokémon X & Y will be released October 12th 2013 Worldwide
- Pikmin 3!
- Mario Kart 8 officially announced, features hover karts and tracks that can turn upside down
- Mega Man and The Villager (Animal Crossing) confirmed as new Smash Bros. heroes
- Retro Studios (Metroid Prime) will be making the new Wii U Donkey Kong Country
- The Wind Waker HD will use the Wii U gamepad to replace the GBA connectivity. It can be used to send messages in bottles to other players
- 3DS Zelda officially titled The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Give me more Wind Waker HD footage along with stuff about the new 3DS Zelda and some killer Mario Kart and Smash Bros. reveals and I'll be a happy camper. If the latter look good enough it may even sway me towards picking up a Wii U at some point.

Beyond that I'm hoping for some exciting new 3DS titles.

Fynn
06-11-2013, 03:12 PM
X! Please! :(

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
New Donkey Kong Country for the Wii U!

Pumpkin
06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Pokemon and Zelda?

The only two Nintendo games I really care about.

Night Fury
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Fairy pokemon? I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW.

Polnareff
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2. Nothing else matters to me unless they make a new Kirby as well. :jess:

Elite Lord Sigma
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Man in Smash, guys!

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Smash Bros is also coming to the 3DS. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Sephex
06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Man. I came lemon pellets.

Ouch!
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Smash Bros is also coming to the 3DS. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
You... you know we've known that for months now, right? Like almost a year.

Del Murder
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Nintendo's first party games are the only thing worth owning a WiiU for (possibly it will also be the console for traditional JRPGs as well kind of like the Wii ended up being). So I would like to see more Mario, Zelda, DK, Pokemon and at least one console RPG.

My ideal lineup would include:
New WiiU Zelda
New WiiU 3D Mario game
New DKC game
New Metroid game in the old Metroid style
More on that 3DS Zelda that looks like ALttP
More on Pokemon X and Y
X or Xenoblade 2 or whataver it is from Monolith
A 3DS RPG like something in the Golden Sun series or akin to Radiant Historia

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
First post updated somewhat.

Del Murder
06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Man, I want to play like half those games. I guess a WiiU is also in my future.

That A Link Between Worlds looks amazing and I fully expect it to become one of the best Zeldas of all time.

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah I'm really psyched for it.

Nicolas
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
This event is basically justification for those that purchased the WiiU and more love for the 3DS. Which is great, really.

Shauna
06-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Bayonetta. Yep.

Evastio
06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm really wanting to pick up Super 3D Mario World. I'm a big fan of both Mario and multiplayer co-op. I'm kind of curious what the story is since Peach is playable and not captured. I'm also wondering why it's Blue Toad and not the Toad (it's probably for colouring and identification purposes, so there isn't two red characters), or if it's actually the Toad and they just made him Blue in NES SMB2 (in-game, not the artwork) style.

For Mario Kart 8, it seems that Daisy and Toadette replace Baby Mario and Baby Peach in the default character lineup (it's still 12 people per race from what they announced), which I'm quite happy with since I didn't really like the baby characters in Mario spinoffs. Between the underwater, gliding, and anti-gravity track segments, it looks like the races are going to be really interesting and dynamic. I've always been a fan of Mario Kart since I first played it, so this is a day one buy for me as well.

As for Smash Bros., I'm quite psyched up for it. I'm glad to see Animal Crossing finally getting a rep, being a rather big Nintendo series. I thought it wouldn't based on Sakurai saying fighters for a series like Animal Crossing is unfeasible and doesn't fit the Animal Crossing series (he said that in a Brawl interview). I like how unique his fighting style is. I'm kind of curious about a lot of his attacks, like the cutting down the tree move and the projectile capturing.

Mega Man, I feel really weird being psyched up seeing him in SSB4. I haven't even played many of the games besides beating 2-3 of the bosses in Mega Man 1 and completely beating this Mega Man X GBC game (except for one of the boss rush modes), yet I was so pumped at seeing him in. I guess it's because I consider Mega Man to be a 3rd Party that actually deserves to be in Smash Bros. (Metal Gear Solid and Snake is barely associated with Nintendo and looks out of place among the Nintendo universes and Sonic was an enemy of Nintendo for over a decade and doesn't deserve to be in a Nintendo Fighter in my eyes, especially when characters like Mega Man and Bomberman have heavily supported Nintendo since the NES days).

Anyways, I could barely recognize what games most of the levels were from. The Boxing Ring is likely unique to Smash Bros, due to the emblem in the middle. The Train and Skyloft were obvious as well as Wily's Castle. The Mario one with the spike pillars, I'm not sure which Mario game it's from. The Cliff level, that was Pokemon Black/White, right? If only there was a list of levels shown in the SSB4 trailer.

NeoCracker
06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
SInce I didn't get to catch this conferance, I looked over the notes. And it's pretty much exactly what was expected. Though Megaman in Smash Bro's? Fuck yes.

Venom65437
06-12-2013, 04:52 AM
MEEEEGGGGGAAAAA MAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::lov e::love:

Mega Man is my favorite video game character of all time, I am way more excited for this than I should be.