PDA

View Full Version : Character speculation

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130611051436/finalfantasy/images/5/55/Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG

Who do you think the good ones are? Who will be the baddies? Which characters will fall into which tropes? What do you think their names are?

Speculate away!

(Also is it me or does the 6th from the right look like an Assassin from Assassin's Creed...)

Formalhaut
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
(Also is it me or does the 6th from the right look like an Assassin from Assassin's Creed...)

YES. It's almost freaky. Even has the same hood and everything. Also, the one on the far, far right looks slightly like Hope. Could just be me though.

One thing I can tell from that line-up is there is lots of middle-aged men. The second, third, sixth, eighth and eleventh all look rather middle-aged and/or old. Also, typical funky haircuts!

Fynn
06-11-2013, 03:20 PM

YES. It's almost freaky. Even has the same hood and everything. Also, the one on the far, far right looks slightly like Hope. Could just be me though.

One thing I can tell from that line-up is there is lots of middle-aged men. The second, third, sixth, eighth and eleventh all look rather middle-aged and/or old. Also, typical funky haircuts!

Yeah. I think it's really refreshing to see more people older than 35 in the main cast.

Also, from the trailer I can assume that if you split this image in the middle, you get sort of a feuding families thing, IMO. I think they're trying to pull a Romeo and Juliet on us (I mean, look at the city - Is it me, or does it look like Venice? I know R&J took place in Verona, but the fact that it's Italy-inspired is hint enough, IMO). Noctis and Stella (far left and right, respectively) would be our Romeo and Juliet then, I guess. Anybody get the same vibe?

Pumpkin
06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm curious about the girl with the black hair and pale skin. I guess I naturally gravitate towards that :P.

If they keep the job system, she might make a good Black Mage.

DMKA
06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I think they're trying to pull a Romeo and Juliet on us

Yeah, when I saw the above image that's what I immediately thought.

I'm curious about the girl with the black hair and pale skin. I guess I naturally gravitate towards that :P.

I have a feeling she's that female dragoon we saw chasing Noctis in the 2011 trailer.

EDIT: On second thought, no, she isn't. Dragoon lady has blonde/white hair, apparently.

http://finalfantasyversusxiii.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dragoonwoman.png

Fynn
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I think they're trying to pull a Romeo and Juliet on us

Yeah, when I saw the above image that's what I immediately thought.

I have a feeling she's that female dragoon we saw chasing Noctis in the 2011 trailer.

EDIT: On second thought, no, she isn't. Dragoon lady has blonde/white hair, apparently.

http://finalfantasyversusxiii.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dragoonwoman.png
It's Stella! :eek:

Anyway, anyone elso notice how hot all those people are? Even by FF standards!

DMKA
06-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Anyway, anyone elso notice how hot all those people are? Even by FF standards!

I'm pretty impressed by how believable the guys all look, by which I mean, they have actual physical flaws in their faces and none of them look like prepubescent teenagers.

Pumpkin
06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah, sharky and I were making jokes about how at age 21 I would now be the "older, big sister type" and at 32 he would be the old man shaking his cane at kids on his lawn. It's nice to see some variety in the ages.

Slothy
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Ezio's in the game? Might need to buy this thing after all.

Freya
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Ezio is in this game apparently. SERIOUSLY IT LOOKS LIKE AN ASSASSIN.

But yeah I like the age variety as well as the flaws.Those are flaws, those aren't just fresh faced kids on an adventure. That adds character. That alone makes me very interested.

DMKA
06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Well there was Ezio costume DLC in XIII-2...

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/square-enix/final-fantasy/final-fantasy-xiii-2/assassinscreed/23vro.jpg

Coincidence? Yeah probably.

Freya
06-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Yah they had the hooded figures in the KH series as well as some new ones in Lightning Returns so hoods are in apparently.

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 07:36 PM
The seeming lack of female character got brought up in today's Q&A:

Eyes on Final Fantasy - The Future of Final Fantasy - Press Conference - #E32013 (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2597-future-final-fantasy-press-conference-e32013.html)

dandy da oak
06-14-2013, 02:37 AM
I am excited for Prompto :D

maybee
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
I think that the bad guy with the Disney Princess like tiara is going to be the main baddie. Maybe he just dreams of freedom and craves something "more ".

:cry:

sir helix
06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Prompto is going tobe very unique to use in battle do to his fps style rather than noctiss warp sword. From the 3 charecters shown in battle I'm liking the style diversity. Gladiolus seems like basic hack en slash. Can't wait to see more