PDA

View Full Version : Unusual interests/passions you have.

Jinx
06-12-2013, 03:23 AM
I've always been very interested in cryptids, and I've become re-obsessed with them lately. I think it's moving to the middle of the forest that's brought it out in me. I really want to find Bigfoot or a lake monster, seriously. :(

I'm also really interested in ghost hunting, and I'm a firm believer after some of my personal experiences. I'd love to go on a proper ghost hunt with a team and all of the different machinery that is out there.

What strange passions do you have?

Madame Adequate
06-12-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't do much to pursue it, though I hope to someday, but I'm a huge fan of architecture as an art form. It's possibly my favorite artform, in fact. Absolutely everywhere we've gone, since we came down from the trees, we've used shelters of some form. How that has evolved from caves and straw huts to skyscrapers and airports is of the utmost fascination to me. I can look at buildings for absurd lengths of time, just taking in all the details.

Shorty
06-12-2013, 04:45 AM
I like to explore the darker things in life. Skeleton articulation is a big one for me and I've love to someday do it myself, not to mention that I'd love to acquire an extensive collection. Preserved animal and insect specimens, serial killer stories, criminal profiles, cemetery layouts and the beautiful progressional art of headstones, unusual and morbid antiques like torture, medical and preservation devices from past times and discovering what their uses were. I love love love crazy creepy sideshow circus trout and strange medical cases. Something about World War II torture methods and concentration camp stories hits a bone of mine and I find it so incredibly fascinating albeit heart-breaking. Witch trials. If it involves the oppression of [someone] for [something] and [this was the horrible result], it's good to go.

Anything that you would find in a cabinet of curiousities is probably something that happily would fit into my life one way or another.

~*~Celes~*~
06-12-2013, 04:58 AM
I have a major fascination for post-apocalyptic scenarios.

noxious.sunshine
06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm fascinated with Ghosts, Creatures of Mythological origins and finding research to prove them real (like mermaids, Nessy. y La Chupacabra!), Conspiracy Theories (yup. I believe The Illuminati is a "thing". So does my dad, but he won't actually say it's "The Illuminati", just a group of super rich people that meet up in an undisclosed location periodically). And military things... Like knowing things I shouldn't know, and I do anyway. XD

And every now and then I have a passing interest in witchcraft. Not that I'd ever be retarded enough to like.. Get into it or try anything, but I was kinda effed up one night and someone dragged me to a party.. No joke these people had a broom standing straight up on it's own and a cat running around with its back legs faced the wrong way (knees pointed outwards instead of in). And I was like "Holy Ish! You people are -nuts-! I gotta go.." and I left. Quickly.

Pike
06-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't know if any of my passions would be unusual to you guys, by which I mean I think you'd all go "Yeah, that's a Pike thing."

Horology maybe? Thoroughbred horse racing? I love those two things and have for years. I will talk nonstop about them too.

Chris
06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't know if it is unusual, but I collect old records made of shellac. Mostly from before the '50s.

Jinx
06-12-2013, 01:10 PM
I don't know if any of my passions would be unusual to you guys, by which I mean I think you'd all go "Yeah, that's a Pike thing."

Horology maybe? Thoroughbred horse racing? I love those two things and have for years. I will talk nonstop about them too.

I think I kind of knew about the horology, but not the horse racing! That's really interesting to hear from you.

The other day I told my mom I really want to go to the Kentucky Derby so I can wear one of those crazy outfits the ladies wear.

Cuchulainn
06-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Old school EDM. DnB or Acid & Underground Techno from 91-94. I collect vinyl.

Shoeberto
06-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Music as a cultural phenomena and how it can be used to connect to cultures I didn't grow up in. I've come to the conclusion independently that hip hop and country music really are the same, just based around different ethnicities - something Brad Paisley, the country musician, apparently said in an interview some years ago.

Uh... I guess beyond that, I think about the digital renaissance a lot. Deus Ex deals with a lot of things that I think aren't too far off, though it dramatizes the reality a lot. Futurism fascinates me a lot. The blending of technology into our culture. Having read some of what Gibson wrote in the '80s puts a very interesting spin on life today, knowing that we're living his prediction of the future, just not in the precise form he wrote about.

I also like exploring the depths of what it means to be a conscious being. I've been really into studying and practicing meditation lately.

Unbreakable Will
06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I really enjoy mythology, and I also read avidly about the paranormal when I have the time. I've had a few experiences and my family has as well so I love anything about ghosts or the explanation on such events.

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
My mind keeps coming up blank for this and it makes me kind of disappointed in myself for being so boring... thanks a lot, Sam. :stare:

Freya
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Cartography of late! Maps are cool and I've been fascinated by them lately.

Pumpkin
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I read a lot about psychology and have since I could read pretty much. I also used to read a lot of Shakespeare.

There isn't really anything else. I'm not very interesting.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I enjoy archery, knife throwing, and axe throwing. I used to be fairly competitive in tournaments, but I haven't participated in years.

That led me to find two more areas I like to study.

One is the science behind combat techniques. I like to research how and why different techniques work effectively. How they manipulate the body against itself, or how weaknesses in the body are exploited during striking.

I've also developed an interest in metal working for the purposes of weaponry and tools. Work applications.

That has branched into decorative metal working and an interest in glass blowing.

I can't really take classes right now with my schedule, school, and work. All I do is read about it, and watch tutorials. Lots and lots of tutorials.

Jinx
06-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Axe throwing? That is single-handedly the most manly thing I've ever heard anyone on this forum say.

noxious.sunshine
06-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Music as a cultural phenomena and how it can be used to connect to cultures I didn't grow up in. I've come to the conclusion independently that hip hop and country music really are the same, just based around different ethnicities - something Brad Paisley, the country musician, apparently said in an interview some years ago

Yeaaaaah boi!

C. W. McCall - Convoy - Music Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2bPRGvKXE)

The -original- rap/country song HA! (probably not, but whatever). Either way it's been covered by Red Sovine, Josh Turner, and I'm sure other artists.

XD My dad drove a "cab over Pete" when he hauled Sea Ray boats.

Parker
06-12-2013, 09:22 PM
magic tricks and pro-wrestling, but i'll laugh it off if you talk to me about it

Night Fury
06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Not really unusual but I love dancing and I have been a cheerleader and been in a 'dance school' back in mah yoof.

I absolutely adore ballroom though, would love love love love love to do it! Watch all the Strictly Come Dancing, and Dancing with the Stars stuff, me and my mum also watch the Royal Ballet at Christmas too.

escobert
06-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I've been keeping and breeding fish for many years now. I have scaled down a ton from a few years back with only one 55 gallon tank now. It's an all male Lake Malawi (African rift lakes) "Haplochromis" & Peacock cichlid tank. The quotations are used because true haplochromis fish are not found in Lake Malawi and these have since be reclassified into separate families but are still considered of hap linage. I could go on and on for days about just the 7 species I own let alone the thousands that are out there!

My current stock is one of each

Former Haplochromis:
Copadichromis Borleyi (Red Kadango)
Placidchromis Milomo (VC-10)
Nimbochromis Venustus
Sciaenochromis Ahli (Blue Ahli)
Cyrtocara Moorii (Blue Dolphin)
Protomelas Taeniolatus (Red Empress)

Peacock:
Aulonocara Hybrid (Dragons Blood)

Shorty
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Not really unusual but I love dancing and I have been a cheerleader and been in a 'dance school' back in mah yoof.

I absolutely adore ballroom though, would love love love love love to do it! Watch all the Strictly Come Dancing, and Dancing with the Stars stuff, me and my mum also watch the Royal Ballet at Christmas too.

Dude, I was a ballroom dancer for four years! I love it and miss it so much ;-; I actually grew up with and learned it with Chelsie Hightower, the chick from Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. I wanted to get back into it :(

Jinx
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I've always been interested in ballroom dancing!

Pike
06-13-2013, 12:47 AM
I've been keeping and breeding fish for many years now. I have scaled down a ton from a few years back with only one 55 gallon tank now. It's an all male Lake Malawi (African rift lakes) "Haplochromis" & Peacock cichlid tank. The quotations are used because true haplochromis fish are not found in Lake Malawi and these have since be reclassified into separate families but are still considered of hap linage. I could go on and on for days about just the 7 species I own let alone the thousands that are out there!

My current stock is one of each

Former Haplochromis:
Copadichromis Borleyi (Red Kadango)
Placidchromis Milomo (VC-10)
Nimbochromis Venustus
Sciaenochromis Ahli (Blue Ahli)
Cyrtocara Moorii (Blue Dolphin)
Protomelas Taeniolatus (Red Empress)

Peacock:
Aulonocara Hybrid (Dragons Blood)

man I tell you what cichlids are crazy because the African ones all come from like three lakes and they interbreed nonstop and there are new kinds of them every day and it's just one big mess of a gene pool

Shorty
06-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I want all of them oh my god ;_____________________;

Pike
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
I kind of miss working in a fish store and just knowing so much about so many kinds, but on the other hand I was explaining the nitrogen cycle to people like ten times a day, and also explaining why you can't put a goldfish in a bowl (or a five gallon tank, or a ten gallon tank, or anything smaller than a twenty gallon tank really) about thirty times a day.

Someday I'm going to have a big tank but all I have right now is a tiny one :crying: ten gallon tank with some cherry barbs and otocinclus and cory cats

Jinx
06-13-2013, 12:50 AM
I kind of miss working in a fish store and just knowing so much about so many kinds, but on the other hand I was explaining the nitrogen cycle to people like ten times a day, and also explaining why you can't put a goldfish in a bowl (or a five gallon tank, or a ten gallon tank, or anything smaller than a twenty gallon tank really) about thirty times a day

Why can't you put a goldfish in a bowl? :confused:

Shorty
06-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Because they are dirty trash fish and make everything grooooooooss. smurf, I had a goldfish in a 50 gallon tank and it still got absolutely filthy.

Granted, there were more fish in there than him, but I think he was just a dirty bastard. He was a really pretty fancy kind, but still dirty as all hell.

Pike
06-13-2013, 12:59 AM
I kind of miss working in a fish store and just knowing so much about so many kinds, but on the other hand I was explaining the nitrogen cycle to people like ten times a day, and also explaining why you can't put a goldfish in a bowl (or a five gallon tank, or a ten gallon tank, or anything smaller than a twenty gallon tank really) about thirty times a day

Why can't you put a goldfish in a bowl? :confused:

Sarah's reason is a big reason, if you want the water to not be a chemical sesspit that is making your fish sick you'd need to be changing the water in the bowl at least twice a day. Another reason is that goldfish are carp that naturally get several, several inches long in length and repressing that by keeping it in a small space so its insides get all distorted is incredibly cruel.

Also they need air and so forth.

Shorty
06-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Putting them in bowls is like keeping a large plant in an itty bitty pot. Their growth gets stunted and it's cruel like Pikey said, and they become unhappy so they get more and more stressed and pollute the water more and more and it's just a vicious cycle.

As for air, yeah, they need a filter for circulation.

pikey how do you feel about the fact that we have extensive knowledge about goldfish handling and care

Jinx
06-13-2013, 02:07 AM
See, I was just always under the impression that they grew/shrunk depending on the size of the tank. I was never aware that it was toxic to them.

escobert
06-13-2013, 05:46 AM
It'd be like making someone spend their life in a closet! that wouldn't be fun!

I plan on upgrading to a 90 or 120 soon. I need to fill out my stock first however.

Laddy
06-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Medieval Sub-Saharan African kingdoms.

Yerushalmi
06-13-2013, 08:24 AM
I am fascinated by everything. Almost literally everything. Biology? Check. Physics? Check. Linguistics? Check. Translations and how they work? Check. History? Check. Religion? Check. Anime? Check, though I can't get into it even though I'm fascinated by it. Politics? Check. Current events? Check. Food? Check. Board games? Check. RPGs? Check. jRPGs? Check (obviously). LARPing? Check. Chess? Check and mate. Costuming and makeup? Check. Sewing? Check, though I don't have the aesthetic sense and patience to do it myself. Mathematics? Check. Science fiction? Check. Computer programming? Check. Armchair psychology? Check. Puns? Check. Archaeology? Check. Paleontology? Check. Songwriting? Check. Music? My god check. Geology? Check. Astronomy? Check. Astrology? Check, but as a "these beliefs are fascinating", as I think it's bull. Alternative medicine? Check, especially the science behind why most of it doesn't really work. Placebos? Check.

It is very difficult to find something I'm not interested in. Pretty much anything relating to the visual arts - architecture, painting, sculpture - as it seems to hold no meaning for me for some reason. And celebrities don't interest me because seriously why do people care.

But yeah. Everything. The world is huge and fascinating and incredible and there's no end to what you can learn about.

noxious.sunshine
06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I think you're more fascinated with using the word "Check" than any of the above mentioned... Fascinations. XD

See, I was just always under the impression that they grew/shrunk depending on the size of the tank. I was never aware that it was toxic to them.

It's like an iguana. You have to keep buying bigger tanks or it'll stunt their growth & shorten their life span. They can live to be like 20 or something, if you allow them to grow properly. They also get gianormous, so yeah.

Try not to double post! Thanks :)

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Sam, we're going ghost hunting!

Paranormal and the occult always interested me since I was a kid. Anything weird or strange really. Is it really surprising to those that know me?

Pike
06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
pikey how do you feel about the fact that we have extensive knowledge about goldfish handling and care

I think it's pretty great!

My dad has a 120 gallon and he keeps putting mismatched fish in there :colbert:

Rocket Edge
06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
I have a great interest with everything got to do with space. A genuine passion would be the Irish traditional music scene. I go to festivals, play a tenor banjo, and just generally love the whole thing that goes with following it.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Axe throwing? That is single-handedly the most manly thing I've ever heard anyone on this forum say.

You're probably giving it too much credit. :p

In competition we used tomahawk sized blades, so they aren't that heavy. We only used full sized logging axes on rare occasions. More for fun.

Jinx
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Sam, we're going ghost hunting!

Paranormal and the occult always interested me since I was a kid. Anything weird or strange really. Is it really surprising to those that know me?

OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Let's also go Bigfoot hunting. :love:

Pike
06-13-2013, 04:09 PM

They sort of do, but it's not for the reason that most people think. They stay the size of the small tank or bowl because the toxic water stunts their growth. Research has shown that if you put a goldfish into a very small tank and then keep the water crystal clear by hooking it up to a tube that constantly pumps old water and and puts new water in, the goldfish will outgrow the tank in a matter of days.

Shiny
06-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Human psychosis and forensic science...

Aulayna
06-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Final Fantasy.

(I'm actually being serious. Seems to be a very rare interest amongst my RL friends)

I'm very nerdy really. Aviation and spaceflight fascinate me, heck space in general - I used to have so many astronomy and spaceflight books as a kid.

The weather too, the weather is amazing. I love watching videos of and reading about storms, and hurricanes etc

escobert
06-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Anyone who doesn't find space fascinating should be killed immediately.

noxious.sunshine
06-17-2013, 05:11 AM
I find Deep Sea exploration more interesting (and more important) than Deep Space...

THERE'S GODDAMN MERMAIDS in the ocean and we're worried about a planet 208u30938 light years away!? You gotta be joking me.

Although, freeze dried food can be quite yummy.. I'm weird.

Yerushalmi
06-17-2013, 05:48 AM
The ocean won't save us if there's an asteroid strike.

noxious.sunshine
06-17-2013, 05:53 AM
That's fixable. We'll just get Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi to go intercept it.

EDIT:

If we spent as much money on deep sea exploration & research as we do with space, we could find a way to live & survive in the deep sea if it were to become an absolute necessity.

Denmark
06-17-2013, 06:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lMGH5W1.jpg

Yerushalmi
06-17-2013, 07:27 AM
That's fixable. We'll just get Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi to go intercept it.
Flying the National Aquanautics and Sea Administration's latest Sea Shuttle? :)

EDIT:

If we spent as much money on deep sea exploration & research as we do with space, we could find a way to live & survive in the deep sea if it were to become an absolute necessity.

An asteroid hit doesn't make land unlivable because it hits. It makes the entire Earth unlivable because there's no longer any oxygen, or because cloud cover drops global temperatures by twenty degrees, or any of a million other reasons.

Mass extinctions can kill everything in the seas too. The only way to avoid it is by not being here.

noxious.sunshine
06-17-2013, 07:35 AM
You're a d*ck.... lmao Please treat others with respect. - Murder

And in any case, it's not like any of us could actually afford to pay to move to a different planet (which one that's inhabitable is many light years away - I read Anne McCaffrey. I know about that stff XD) so it's all a moot argument. The Illuminati will take their families and those that will benefit them the most and move on to a new planet. ... Leaving us lowly whatevers to suffer & die from this asteroid.

Yerushalmi
06-17-2013, 07:38 AM
You're a d*ck.... lmao

And in any case, it's not like any of us could actually afford to pay to move to a different planet (which one that's inhabitable is many light years away - I read Anne McCaffrey. I know about that stff XD) so it's all a moot argument. The Illuminati will take their families and those that will benefit them the most and move on to a new planet. ... Leaving us lowly whatevers to suffer & die from this asteroid.

Well, at least I can take comfort in the fact that the human race continues, even if I personally die. And you never know... maybe the Illuminati will really really need a technical writer or an endocrinologist.

Pike
06-17-2013, 10:34 AM

Yerushalmi
06-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Are space debates particularly common or acrimonious around here?

Pike
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Are space debates particularly common or acrimonious around here?

I don't know what acrimonious means, but if it means several pages of shouting and yelling about whether or not space is beautiful, whether or not space is interesting, and throwing NASA charts and infographics around, then yes.

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
I have 6 dice for my life total in magic. When I play I arranged them in their color clockwise starting with white at top. I also play all colors and know 32 is the most diverse decks you can have counting mana symbols. Then there's 16 in a set.

I also arrange my cartrige games like a spiral staircase. The ones I had on computer were in alphabetical order. My controllers hanged off coathangers to unloosen the cords. Now there's wavebirds and the wii remote.

Jinx
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM

Well, to be fair, neither will space.

Pike, I find space very interesting and beautiful. Just the ocean moreso, and DEFINITELY not Mars. Not liking mars and liking the ocean better =/= not liking space. x)

Yerushalmi
06-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Pike, I find space very interesting and beautiful. Just the ocean moreso, and DEFINITELY not Mars. Not liking mars and liking the ocean better =/= not liking space. x)

Um... what? How would somebody who lives on a self-sustaining Mars colony or on Inhabitable Planet J77grj9235 in the Smorgasboard System be affected by an asteroid that hits Earth?

Jinx
06-17-2013, 03:11 PM

Um... what? How would somebody who lives on a self-sustaining Mars colony or on Inhabitable Planet J77grj9235 in the Smorgasboard System be affected by an asteroid that hits Earth?

It was space who sent the damn thing at us in the first place!

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:17 PM
If we find another fully inhabitable planet, it's likely it's because that planet will have an ocean. ;)

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Or because we terraformed it.

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
...resulting in an ocean. :D

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
...resulting in an ocean. :D

That is kind of the point, yes.

If you want to be in the ocean by all means go ahead but let's get into the oceans on some other planets so the human race isn't screwed if something should happen to the one planet we are stuck on right now, eh?

Madame Adequate
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM

EDIT:

Yeah, living on an entirely different planet wouldn't help in the event of an Earth-shattering asteroid impact http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-psyduck_zps6d3d0257.gif (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Pikestaff/media/smiley/emot-psyduck_zps6d3d0257.gif.html)

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Being on Mars is no more "being in space" than being on Earth, surely? As for being on an entirely different planet: It doesn't matter much which planet you're on if it's the one the asteroid is hitting. :( I suppose absolutely massive planets might be better off, though...? Maybe? But just imagine if you went to Mars just in time for an asteroid to hit Mars. Boy would that be unlucky.

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
It doesn't matter WHAT planet the hypothetical asteroid hits, what DOES matter is that it's not the only repository of humankind.

Regarding Mars, it's not the end goal; it's probably a necessary step, though.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
It's almost as if the whole point is to have self-sustaining human civilization on more than one planet at the same time.

Denmark
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
this thread used to be good

Pumpkin
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I agree with Leo.

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
this thread used to be good

your face used to be good

Pumpkin
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
I agree with Pi........

.......no wait what

Denmark
06-17-2013, 03:49 PM
don't worry, it still is /smug

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Sod humankind, I'm pretty sure what matters to me is that all of the people I care about will more than likely be on that planet. And, you know, me! Gotta look out for number one. When we achieve FTL travel and can go from planet to planet within months let alone years, let me know and I'll start getting excited about space.

But seriously: Space is space, other planets are not space, they are other planets and if they don't have oceans, I'm calling them Not As Cool As Earth. Oceans aren't my be all and end all but Oceans In Space, so much cooler. Did you guys see that Voyager episode where there's a giant bubble of water in space? That was pretty great.

EDIT: My unusual interest/passion is clearly playing devil's advocate to everything ever.

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Did you guys see that Voyager episode

Sorry but I only watch good Treks :shobon:

Shauna
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Don't know why you didn't watch Voyager then. :shobon:

Pike
06-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Don't know why you didn't watch Voyager then. :shobon:

Because who's got time for it when TOS, TNG, and DS9 are all so much better :love:

VOY might be better than ENT though, I'll give you that. Only because of the Doctor.

Edit: Going back to the topic of the thread, I am in love with Star Trek. So much better than Star Wars or pretty much any other scifi.

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Did any of the other Star Treks have a giant planet-sized bubble of an ocean floating around in space? I mean, not even an ocean planet. Ocean! In! Spaaaaaaaaaace!

EDIT: And back on topic I have a passion for reading up on things constantly. If I don't know about them or if I hear something but am not sure if it's true, I tend to research it pretty quickly. I hate not knowing things (to some extent, anyway). An example is as soon as I started thinking about whether or note that ocean planet was even realistic, I immediately checked up on the episode in question and also ocean planets in general.

Jinx
06-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, living on an entirely different planet wouldn't help in the event of an Earth-shattering asteroid impact http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-psyduck_zps6d3d0257.gif (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Pikestaff/media/smiley/emot-psyduck_zps6d3d0257.gif.html)

It's almost as if you didn't read my second response to Yeru.

Pike
06-17-2013, 04:01 PM
TOS had Kirk fighting in hand to hand combat with one of these:

Your move :colbert:

Madame Adequate
06-17-2013, 04:49 PM

It's almost as if that's because it has nothing to do with anything.

Pike
06-17-2013, 04:51 PM
:save: ~This thread has about ten seconds, starting now, to get back on topic or it gets closed~ :save:

Jinx
06-17-2013, 04:55 PM

It's almost as if that's because it has nothing to do with anything.

It does, because my original post in general was a joke, and the second post was obviously showing that. :colbert:

ON TOPIC: I really want to learn to sew. Which might seem not that weird, except not a ton of people do it in this day.

Pike
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM
I really want to learn to sew. Which might seem not that weird, except not a ton of people do it in this day.

Really? I'm the only person I know who doesn't know how to sew. Everyone I know is like full on Etsy-store craft-tycoon. Even my coworkers and I never would have guessed.

If I ever get around to learning to do it it will only be for the ability to fix clothes so I can go down from shopping for clothes twice a year to shopping for clothes twice a decade.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Don't forget about sewing new limbs onto your basement dwelling, patchwork, monstrous nightmare, cyborg creatures.

Behold the pnuematically propelled Scorpi-goat!!!!!