PDA

View Full Version : Plot Theory: Hidden Themes of *Satanic Ritual Abuse*

zx12y
06-12-2013, 04:37 AM
NSFW/NSFL WARNING: Spoilers and potentially nauseating content (demons, occult, conspiracy)

Before you explore my theory, you should be familiarized with (or at least open to the notions of) concepts regarding mind control and satanic ritual abuse, specifically Monarch Programming. These fringe concepts are based upon ideas regarding conditioning in psychology. There may be other unfamiliar topics, but these are the most important. Research these topics at your own risk, they have potential to harm you psychologically.

FF8 is one of the darker installments in the series. It has spawned a number of fan theories regarding the message. I believe one possible interpretation is that Squall and his allies were carefully manipulated from early childhood to be characters involved in future conflicts.

FF8 touches on a number of esoteric ideas. Edea becomes full-on possessed by Ultimecia, who has characteristics of a diety (doesn't something similiar happen to Seifer and Rinoa during disc1 as well?). Ellone is a type of clairvoyant. In disc 4, there is time travel and parallel dimensions. Body doubles are used during the mission at Timber. There is also a slight emphasis on the technology, study, and combination of the supernatural elements.

The team spends the early developmental years of their lives under the close supervision of Matron. This is crucial, because this is the time when their young and impressionable minds best receive conditioned triggers. The trauma endured by the children is symbolized by Matron's ominous attire and Squall's incessant crying in the rain. These crying scenes are more important than initially received; remember, a squall is a "short rainstorm", and this is a recurring storm scene in a normally fair-weathered world. This is perfectly congruent with the frequent and repetitive trauma desired to create mind-controlled individuals.

After the orphanage, they all go to Garden, which are nothing short of indoctrination centers in the main story. This is where the ego develops; the conditioning of the early life becomes subconscious. The story makes no effort to explain why the orphans conveniently went the same route. Matron and Cid are married, so it is as if one person always controlled them. This conflict of interests isn't explored rationally at all in the story, there is only a bit of emotional sentiment attached to the fact that Matron is the enemy. It would be safe to assume that the orphans were destined for Garden all along. Also, the idea that junctions somehow cause memory loss could be misinformation, or a symbol of the transformation that occurs to the psyche of a mind control victim.

There are a few more symbols that lend creedence to this theory. The opening cinematic can be interpreted as an unconscious recollection of the past. The field of flowers is an unrecognizable conditioned image, and the phrases that pop up are suppressed thoughts. The unconscious events culminate into Squall receiving a scar. Secondly, the assasination attempt of Edea is an allusion to the JFK assasination, which is an esoteric complexity in itself. SeeD is a possible reference to Starseed ideologies.

TL;DR: Squall and companions were victims of satanic ritual abuse in their early years, allowing them to become excellent members of SeeD.

Jinx
06-12-2013, 04:50 AM
The Devil didn't do a very good job, since he later is trapped in a magic lamp and enslaved by high school students.

zx12y
06-12-2013, 05:20 AM
The Devil didn't do a very good job, since he later is trapped in a magic lamp and enslaved by high school students.

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but I think this could be used as additional evidence. The devil could easily feign entrappment for a number of reasons, and the possession could be mutual. Isn't it strange that the principal of the school would be in possession of the devil? The item is gifted as a means of transferring forbidden knowledge, and done so unwittingly for a newcomer to the game.

Roogle
06-12-2013, 05:22 AM
If satanic ritual abuse played a role in the ideas behind the game, then I think that would have been mentioned at some point by one of the developers or in one of the Ultimania guides.

zx12y
06-12-2013, 05:45 AM
If satanic ritual abuse played a role in the ideas behind the game, then I think that would have been mentioned at some point by one of the developers or in one of the Ultimania guides.

Not necessarily, that arguement is a form of genetic fallacy. Have you considered the publicity implications of making such a boisterous statement, as a multinational corporation? A cryptocracy works through subtle hints and suggestions, not objective claims.

The writers of the game honestly don't have to consciously know what they are writing about, they may just have certain goals in mind when making a script. It could merely be the collective subconscious at work. As a person who is enthused by the occult, it seems like an easy conclusion to arrive upon.

Shorty
06-12-2013, 06:30 AM
The writers of the game honestly don't have to consciously know what they are writing about, they may just have certain goals in mind when making a script. It could merely be the collective subconscious at work. As a person who is enthused by the occult, it seems like an easy conclusion to arrive upon.

If they aren't consciously writing about it, how can they intend for it to have hidden undertones of satanic rituals?

This theory is interesting, but it seems to me to quite a bit of a very, very extended stretch.

zx12y
06-12-2013, 07:19 AM

If they aren't consciously writing about it, how can they intend for it to have hidden undertones of satanic rituals?

This theory is interesting, but it seems to me to quite a bit of a very, very extended stretch.

Such is the nature of art in a world with an overabundance of information and compartmentalization in production . The potential to recreate an esoteric idea occurs as soon as the premises are used as plot devices. It only takes one person in the production team to put forth the suggestion, "Have the characters repress some sort of subtle childhood trauma, and have this trauma related to their rise and call to power and action". Almost each and every plot point leading into the conflict with Ultimecia relies on the unaware party being manipulated, and the art of manipulation is not always easy to discern.

The collective subconscious can take on a mystical appeal if desired, but it essentially supports the idea that symbols in an artist's environment lead them to recreate foreign concepts that they have no direct exposure to. The characters take on the sci-fi archetype of "supersoldier", akin to Mako soldiers, Star Wars clone troopers, and spartans from 300.

maybee
06-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I sort of agree that the main heroes were basically slaves minus Irvine at the beginning but then he sort of realizes that he's a slave to destiny and that he can't do a thing either, so he goes along with it.

But slaves of Satan is a bit too deep hence Christianity doesn't really seem to exist within the Final Fantasy VIII universe and the closes thing we ever wittiness of the Satan is within the Lamp Cid gives them and then he becomes Squall's slave.

But them all being slaves of a troutty school/ army system ? Yes. With the GF's given to Balamb students given on purpose.

FF 8 is more anti- child soldiers/ anti-war than anything else.

Squall- Slave of troutty school system + destiny

Rinoa- Slave of destiny

Irvine- Slave of destiny

Zell- Slave of troutty school system

Quistis- Slave of being pushed into the background after CD 1

Seifer- Slave of troutty school system + destiny

Selphie- Slave of troutty school system

zx12y
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I sort of agree that the main heroes were basically slaves minus Irvine at the beginning but then he sort of realizes that he's a slave to destiny and that he can't do a thing either, so he goes along with it.

But slaves of Satan is a bit too deep hence Christianity doesn't really seem to exist within the Final Fantasy VIII universe and the closes thing we ever wittiness of the Satan is within the Lamp Cid gives them and then he becomes Squall's slave.

But them all being slaves of a troutty school/ army system ? Yes. With the GF's given to Balamb students given on purpose.

FF 8 is more anti- child soldiers/ anti-war than anything else.

Squall- Slave of troutty school system + destiny

Rinoa- Slave of destiny

Irvine- Slave of destiny

Zell- Slave of troutty school system

Quistis- Slave of being pushed into the background after CD 1

Seifer- Slave of troutty school system + destiny

Selphie- Slave of troutty school system

"Satanic ritual abuse" does not always (or even most of the time) include the invokation or possession of otherwordly entities. It can be used to control people by creating personality alters and conditioning signals into them, or simply create an adult with heightened awareness because their subconscious was more active during the important stages of ego development. "Satanic" only refers to the fact that it was popularized by certain cabbalistic groups.

What if NORG represents Satan? He lives underneath a garden, near the pit of oil and fire. He influences SeeD behind the scene, but it is not his dominion.

The GFs most likely represent some type attachment to otherwordly entities. Do not be confused about who ultimately owns who, or who is a slave to who; the proprietor and the client are interchangeable.

Shorty
06-12-2013, 05:20 PM
NORG is such an incredibly small part of the story and he has absolutely nothing to do with the ultimate time decompression plot, not does he have anything to do with the SeeDs as children or them losing their memory or anything. He has nothing to do with anything other than the attack on the Garden, in fact.

I think you are grasping at straws, but nice job on how committed you are to relaying your interpretation.

zx12y
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
NORG is such an incredibly small part of the story and he has absolutely nothing to do with the ultimate time decompression plot, not does he have anything to do with the SeeDs as children or them losing their memory or anything. He has nothing to do with anything other than the attack on the Garden, in fact.

I think you are grasping at straws, but nice job on how committed you are to relaying your interpretation.

NORG was a big part of the plot in a subtle way. The encounter with NORG portrays him in a very Satan-like fashion; bethroned and short on mannerisms. It is implied that Garden wouldn't have existed without NORG's funding; in a way, Cid sold his soul to the devil. The Magic Lamp is a "receipt" of the transaction. It is safe to assume that NORG was a co-conspirator in the plan to end the sorceress(es). Garden can be used as an allegory of Genesis.

noxious.sunshine
06-12-2013, 09:55 PM
GOD. You people wanna talk about -those- kinds of conspiracies?

Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.squallsdead.com)

It was mentioned in that FanMag celebrating FF's 25th anniversary that got made over on UFF...

zx12y
06-12-2013, 11:18 PM

Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.squallsdead.com)

It was mentioned in that FanMag celebrating FF's 25th anniversary that got made over on UFF...

Don't forget Rinoa is Ultimecia as well. That's a beautiful thing about literary analysis; one story carries a variety messages. Not to sound pretentious, but I feel this theory is just as well evidenced as others. The problem with theories about literature is they are sometimes impossible to disprove, because you are given a limited scope of context to disprove the theory, while theories themselves are formed with outside inspiration.

Jinx
06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
omg r=u all over again

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

zx12y
06-13-2013, 12:32 AM
omg r=u all over again

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think R=U and S=K.O. are similiar in that they both claim a hidden plot twist about the story itself. Mine is different because I am claiming FF8 to be an allegory to a sort of agenda. I assert that this theory merely relies on the premise that the orphans were subject to some sort of process not privy to the player. Does the arguement follow logically?

McLovin'
06-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Go on... Tell me everything. Deling City...Islands of Heaven and Hell...Odin...Ragnorak in space....Esthar. I'm intrigued.

zx12y
06-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Go on... Tell me everything. Deling City...Islands of Heaven and Hell...Odin...Ragnorak in space....Esthar. I'm intrigued.

Hmm. The statement lacks relevance and context, but I will entertain. "Lunatic Pandora" can be taken to mean "All-giving Moon" or "Moon Gift". The moon is a symbol for fertility or spiritual power. Ragnarok is an event in which two people repopulate after disaster (Squall and Rinoa?). Eden is also the ultimate GF, and the ultimate symbol of fertility. So basically, there are pleas (and this is a common theme in the FF series) regarding some sort of great deluge and rebirth.

How is this relevant to the allegory? Well, it is merely a transcendence. It ascribes purpose and meaning to the lives of people caught in the middle of persistent conflict. It suggests there are symbiotic and transformative aspects of the psyche, soul, and universe.

zx12y
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
So I want to add to my theory a bit. This game is for sure about MKULTRA, you simply don't know what the program is if you don't realize this by now, I want people to be aware of this perspective!

FF8 is largely an allegory, meaning the characters take on abstract concepts.

Squall: sublimation of emotions
Seifer: "decipher" serves as a role model of discipline and later copies Squall's white knighting
Quistis: "quizzical" doesn't fit in as the elder, maintains obedience through whip
Selphie: "ego/self" takes on different personalities resulting from rich social upbringing, nunchaku represents alter ego
Zell: "zell" enough said
Irvine: "innervation or vine" both a retardant and catalyst in the story, comes in later to balance Balamb's perspective

Yeah, I don't know how this theory hasn't been popularized yet somehow.

The Last Oath
09-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I can see where you are coming from with the relation to ideas and truths in the real world. Great insight. If you have more to say then I am listening.

Jiro
09-29-2013, 01:09 AM
I can see a few errors and holes in the argument, but I'm incredibly fascinated. Final Fantasy 8 is one of those games that I think had good ideas but just didn't execute them as well. And you're right; art opens itself up to multitudes of interpretations.

You know people here were involved too, right? :p

noxious.sunshine
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Indeed I do! ^_^ lol

WhiteStorm
12-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Don't forget Rinoa is Ultimecia as well. That's a beautiful thing about literary analysis; one story carries a variety messages. Not to sound pretentious, but I feel this theory is just as well evidenced as others. The problem with theories about literature is they are sometimes impossible to disprove, because you are given a limited scope of context to disprove the theory, while theories themselves are formed with outside inspiration.

Rinoa is NOT Ultimecia. Square Enix said so in Ultimania guide.
Move over, already, people!