PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Cryptids

Jinx
06-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Which are your favourite legends? Which do you believe might actually be true (based on evolution/scientific possibility)? Which ones would you like to see in person, and how would you react if you did see them?

I have an intense love for aquatic cryptids. They're by far the superior ones. They also scare the shit out of me. In fact, all cryptids do, and if I ever saw one, I'd probably lose my shit and scream. Hopefully I'd have enough presence of mind to snap a picture or video on my phone before or during, however.

Shorty
06-12-2013, 06:20 AM
None of them are my favorite because they are all terrifying. Skinwalkers. Fuck skinwalkers. And wendigos, they're scary, too.

A few years ago I went camping at Mogollon Rim in Arizona. My friend thought it would be a good idea to mention the Mogollon Monster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogollon_Monster) to me before we went, so that was awesome.

Pike
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
They're interesting to read about although I doubt most of the stories have any merit. I like reading about the few that did turn out to be real, like the Kellas Cat.

More interesting to me are "extinct" animals that are rediscovered years later.

Shoeberto
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
They're interesting to read about although I doubt most of the stories have any merit. I like reading about the few that did turn out to be real, like the Kellas Cat.

More interesting to me are "extinct" animals that are rediscovered years later.
This is pretty much how I feel.

Evolutionary biology is pretty fascinating in its own right so I stick to that to satisfy my curiosity about weird life forms.

Yerushalmi
06-13-2013, 08:12 AM
I have an intense love for aquatic cryptids. (...) They also scare the trout out of me.

Depending on how carnivorous they are and what their diet is, they probably also scare the trout.