PDA

View Full Version : First Japanese Voice Actors for Final Fantasy XV Announced - #E32013

Aulayna
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
A Japanese press-release for Final Fantasy XV was recently distributed featuring the names of some of the voice actors for the presently male dominated cast. The press release also includes the names of these characters along with a short description which we thought you might find interesting. No word on the actors or details of the other characters yet and no English voice actors have yet been announced.

Noctis Lucis Caelum
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others. His close friends call him Noct.

Gladiolus Amicitia
Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

Ignis Scientia
Voiced by: Mamoru Miyano
A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Prompto Argentum
Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there’s another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

Cor Leonis
Voiced by: Hiroki Touchi
Head of Royal Family Guards, and one of the three strongest fighters in Lucis. While he is harsh to Noctis and the others, he is a true man of honor who takes his vows to king and country very seriously.

The rest of the cast has yet to be announced.

Loony BoB
06-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I never really care about who does the voice-overs in games until after I've finished the game, and I certainly never pay attention to the Japanese ones because I don't listen to the Japanese dub pretty much ever. The English cast for XIII and XIII-2 was pretty great, so I'm looking forward to checking out how it all comes together for XV.

What I did find interesting was the descriptions for the characters. :) The blonde guy I expect to really annoy me, but in the kind of way that Joffrey really disgusts me in GoT. In other words, I expect him to be annoying but also to be a really interesting character.

I hate the names, though. What is this, ancient Rome!? Gah! It's really frustrating when they put in names like that. Hopefully the rest of the names aren't so pompous.

Fynn
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Nomura did say his inspiration for XV was his trip to Italy. As someone who's been there twice, I can't say I blame him :D (also, Monte Vista is my favorite TS3 world)

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Smexy~

Night Fury
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
.... WHY DO THESE PIXELS LOOK SO REAL?

Fynn
06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
They gave us the Montagues, now let's just wait for the Capulets!

Aulayna
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Ignis makes me weak in the knees. Just... y'know... saying.

Pumpkin
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
None of the characters stand out to me so far, but it's nice to see this thing progress!

Jinx
06-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh please, oh please, just get the English VAs right.

Fynn
06-13-2013, 01:59 PM

I know, I can see how hot these people are. And I'm straight!

Jinx
06-13-2013, 02:06 PM

Oh, I've had a crush on Noctis since I was 15, emo, and first heard about this game.

Pumpkin
06-13-2013, 07:24 PM
I guess Cor Whatsit would be the only one I kind of find attractive of the ones displayed here.

Would like to get a better shot of brunette girl.

Fynn
06-14-2013, 06:49 AM
I think the reason they look so real is because they have facial flaws. Noctis' skin complexion a little bit greasy, his hair has some stray hairs, Gladiolus' nose seems to be a bit crooked, and all of their eyes are actually asymmetrical. They're still pretty, that's kind of a series tradition now, but these guys just look real.

I'd say the graphics for this game seem to pretty nicely avert the Uncanny Valley effect.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that the pink-haired dude (at least I think it's pink) seems to be using eyeliner?

Aulayna
06-24-2013, 04:18 PM
The official English translations have now been made available by Square Enix:

Noctis Lucis Caelum: A childhood affliction endowed Noctis, heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, with the mystical power to see a heavenly light, through which he could sense others' deaths. Noctis rejects rigid royal conventions and acts as somewhat of a renegade, much to the dismay of those who tend to him. Yet while "Noct" may act brash at times, he does so in defense of those loyal to him.

Gladiolus Amicitia: As lord of the noble House Amicitia, Gladiolus continues a line sworn to protect the crown. "Gladio" shares a friendship with Noctis that transcends birth and title, and his loyalty to his liege is born not of duty, but of brotherhood.

Ignis Scientia: Ever the unwavering voice of reason, Ignis was weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from boyhood so that he might one day counsel the would-be king, Noctis. He applies the deep mutual understanding and trust they have built over time to help smooth over Noctis's brusqueness with others.

Prompto Argentum: The puckish playboy Prompto befriended Noctis in his school days. He wears a chip on his shoulder as an outsider to the royal circle, but remains eager to do all he can for the cause.

Cor Leonis: A living legend of Lucian lore, Lord Commander Cor Leonis's devotion to the art of war is surpassed only by that to his king. Little love is lost between the ill-starred stalwart and Noctis's retinue, yet honor binds him to keep watch over the group all the same.

Del Murder
06-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Sausage fest

Aulayna
06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Sausage fest

For me and Chris this will be fine.

For the straight males, just like the Germans, it will be the :cool: wurst!

ShinGundam
06-24-2013, 11:55 PM
So much manhood!

Elpizo
06-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Sausage fest

I was thinking more of a boyband, myself. :p

For the straight males, just like the Germans, it will be the :cool: wurst!

That pun! XD Have an internet. :thumb:

Del Murder
06-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Some of them are too old for a boyband. This is more like an ancient Greek party.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-26-2013, 06:14 AM
i'm still laughing