PDA

View Full Version : Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon/Puzzle League

Pike
06-13-2013, 10:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/62/Lakitu_Tetris_Attack.png/220px-Lakitu_Tetris_Attack.png

Absolutely brilliant little puzzle game with a surprising amount of depth. I can get sucked into this game for hours.

Who else is a fan?

Del Murder
06-14-2013, 03:57 AM
Oh yes, Tetris Attack is really the only game with Tetris in it's name that can compare to the original. One of the most underrated puzzle games! I used to play it with my bros all the time and have some intense battles.

Pike
06-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it really is nothing like the original Tetris despite the title, and I think a lot of people look at it and just see "Tetris" and don't look further. A really underrated gem of a puzzle game!

Pike
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Really? No one else has played this? You guys didn't even play it when it was Pokemon Puzzle League on the N64?

This is truly a tragedy :(

Yar
06-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I was addicted to this game a few years back. I'm sure I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be. :(

I played it on the GBA when it was packed together with Dr Mario

Pike
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
:D yay someone else who likes this game. I've been playing it again lately and yeah, I'm not nearly as good at it as I used to be :(

Del Murder
06-16-2013, 07:01 PM
This was also pokemon puzzle league? How funny.

Pike
06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah, they stuck Pokemon on it and then released it for N64. It had a 3D mode (where you could spin the blocks around a cylinder) and everything.

Evastio
06-21-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm a big Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon fan as well. My favourite Puzzle Game award still goes to Wario's Woods, but Panel de Pon is still probably in the top three. Gotta love how hectic things get in Vs. Mode, whether you're against the CPU or against a friend.

I have to wonder if they'll ever revive the old Panel de Pon fairy cast. They did revive them to an extent for the GameCube version, but it was their children and not the SNES fairy generation.