PDA

View Full Version : What platform are you getting this on?

Rocket Edge
06-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Well? Are you getting it on PS3, PC, or waiting for the PS4 release?

Jinx
06-17-2013, 01:44 PM
If I had a PS3, I'd get this on that. :(

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
We'll have it on two PCs and the PS3 in our flat. I don't think we'll play it on PS3 very often at all, though. The PC just makes life so much easier for me as a full-keyboard touch typist. Maybe when I'm gathering solo at some point I'll lie back on the couch with the PS3, but I play MMO's in a very social way, so a keyboard is always better for me.

Aulayna
06-17-2013, 02:09 PM
PC.

I tried playing the PC version with a gamepad and whilst it was manageable I much prefer keyboard and mouse so it'll be PC all the way for me.

Gamblet
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I would probably get it for PC, because you can always connect a controller to the computer. Not that I have much of a choice anyway, heh.

mini ninja
06-17-2013, 07:09 PM
PC, since i sold my PS3 a long time ago... Though i don't know if i'll get it for PS4 when the time comes ^^

Del Murder
06-17-2013, 09:47 PM
I'll have a PS3 copy and probably also a PC copy for my wife. I'll probably give the PS3 version a try first to make sure it doesn't suck before I make too big a committment to this game.

Ouch!
06-17-2013, 11:55 PM
I have heard that the PS3 version supports a USB mouse and keyboard. I may be wrong.

Del Murder
06-18-2013, 12:12 AM
That would be pretty cool!

Loony BoB
06-18-2013, 09:00 AM
I have heard that the PS3 version supports a USB mouse and keyboard. I may be wrong.
I'd be surprised if it didn't, really!

Miriel
06-18-2013, 11:02 AM
I'll have a PS3 copy and probably also a PC copy for my wife. I'll probably give the PS3 version a try first to make sure it doesn't suck before I make too big a committment to this game.

Hey, what if I want to play on the PS3??

Del Murder
06-18-2013, 02:37 PM
We can switch!

Freya
06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I will get it on PC seeing as I do't have a ps3. Or will I be getting a PS4 anytime soon! /poor

Mirage
06-19-2013, 08:24 AM
I will be getting it for PC and either PS3 or PS4, depending on when I get a PS4 and when the PS4 version is released.

KH-Cloudy
06-19-2013, 08:42 AM
I've already pre-ordered the PC Collector's Edition from SQEX's website so it'll be the physical copy! Though, I'm more than likely to play with my PS3 controller hooked up to my PC and use the keyboard for chatting.

*Devore*
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm getting it on PC to begin with. I saw, while on the beta, that there was a option to switch to the control so I probably give that a go this weekend and if I like it I'll get it on PS3 as well.

Pike
06-21-2013, 01:50 PM
I sort of doubt I'll be getting this but if I do someday then PC for sure. Even if I had a PS3 or PS4. Playing an MMO on a console is such a weird, weird concept to me :O_O:

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Voted PS3 as I have a CE version preordered but I also will be playing on PC.

kyiske
06-26-2013, 01:51 AM
I wasn't even aware they were looking at a PS4 release later on down the road. That's pretty good to know for those that don't currently have a PS3 and were thinking of getting a 4.

Rocket Edge
06-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Indeed. I'm holding out for a PS4 because I think it would have more features on the console for it & have better graphics I assume. I'll decide later though.

ThornQueen
06-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Well, depending on how I feel about the ps3 beta (if I get it) will determine what platform I get it on. I have a PC built for gaming, and a PS3 so... it's a toss up for me! I just feel more likely to play it on my PS3 <_<;

ibecomeless
06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
My wife and I will get it on the PS3 and the PC (since we have one of each) and switch out. I've seen all of the videos, and it looks like it will be the best that anyone could do for a console playing MMO. I never went that route with XI, but they have changed so much since then. Also, most probably already know this, but it is confirmed that if you get the PS3 version and want to get a PS4, then you are able to transition your account.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Coming to PS4, E3 Trailer ? PlayStation.Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/12/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-coming-to-playstation-4-plus-the-e3-trailer/)

Dark_Vincent
06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Where's the Mac option? Hahaha I know it's not going to be released on Mac, but yes! I did make the beta run on my early 2011 Macbook Pro so I've pre-ordered the PC version. Of course, it's looking more like WoW/FFXI than FFXIV because I had to switch the settings to minimum in nearly everything.

But later this year I'm probably going to grab another PS3 (sold my old one when I moved to a new city) and a gaming desktop so... The pain won't last long.

Rocket Edge
07-03-2013, 01:14 AM
I just wanted to ask: When this comes to PS3, or PS4, will you have to pay for it? I'm aware that with FFXI have to pay for it on PC. If so, when mandatory pricing for PS4 online play (Playstation plus), will that cover it or will it be extra again?

theundeadhero
07-03-2013, 01:41 AM
I highly prefer the PC but I'm trying the Beta on PS3.
I've hooked a USB keyboard into my PS3 and it works so I imagine a mouse would too.

comma
07-03-2013, 02:54 AM
I played this on PS3 for most of the beta so far. But once I found out I could use the PS3 casting controls on the PC, I switched over. Better graphics, better framerate, easier to read things, better to have a mouse and keyboard on a desk when needed.

I was thinking I'd get it on PS4, but it's really not worth playing it on PS3 for so long just to switch over to PS4 at some point. Plus, I'm thinking about canceling my PS4 preorder. Not too heavy into video games anymore.

Loony BoB
07-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I just wanted to ask: When this comes to PS3, or PS4, will you have to pay for it? I'm aware that with FFXI have to pay for it on PC. If so, when mandatory pricing for PS4 online play (Playstation plus), will that cover it or will it be extra again?
You'll have to pay for your copy of the game and pay for a subscription. For PS4, there is a hope that SE may have cut a deal with Sony to allow people to play it without PS+ subscriptions... but we won't know until it's confirmed one way or the other.

Rocket Edge
07-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Ah okay. Thanks for the info.

comma
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to ask: When this comes to PS3, or PS4, will you have to pay for it? I'm aware that with FFXI have to pay for it on PC. If so, when mandatory pricing for PS4 online play (Playstation plus), will that cover it or will it be extra again?For PS4, there is a hope that SE may have cut a deal with Sony to allow people to play it without PS+ subscriptions...That would be nice. Otherwise we're paying for an Internet connection, for the service to play games online, for the game itself, and for the right to play it. That's two more things than I'm used to paying for.

Yeargdribble
07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
PC without a doubt for both my wife and myself.

I'd be tempted to purchase a PS3 copy at some point in the future so that if we wanted to access certain things from the bedroom TV, we could. There would've been times in FFXI it would've been nice to set up auctions or bazaars right before bed.

Mirage
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Pretty sure that Sony has stated that games with additional online fees will not require PSN+ to function on the PS4.

Makes sense, considering Sony wouldn't require any servers or things like that for those games to function.

comma
07-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Can you cite a source on that? All I see is this, which doesn't confirm what you said:

This will also depend on the judgment by the publishers, and there will be some free-to-play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online.

So you may not have to pay for PS Plus to play FFXIV, but you would need to pay for both XIV and PS Plus if you want to play any other games online anyway. Get ready, wallet, here comes PS4.

Mirage
07-07-2013, 10:53 PM
"Depend on the judgement by the publishers". Sony isn't the publisher of FFXIV, so it's up to SE then. I can't imagine SE wanting FF14 to require PSN+ in addition to their own subscription fees. What would SE gain from that, except a terrible(r) reputation?

comma
07-07-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't really understand judgment by the publishers, because what if they all say that their players don't need to pay the PS Plus fee? Or what if they all decide to manage their own subscriptions? Seems kind of sloppy.

The best solution would be to have no FFXIV fee on PS4 but to require a PS Plus subscription. That way, you don't have to pay two (or more!) fees if you want to play more than one game online.

theundeadhero
07-08-2013, 05:32 PM
After trying the Beta on PC this weekend I surprising enjoy the PS3 version a lot more. The controls are smoother and even though I had the PC stuff set to superultrahigh graphics the PS3 version actually looked better. Editing the poll the reflect my change of heart.

comma
07-09-2013, 12:57 AM
After trying the Beta on PC this weekend I surprising enjoy the PS3 version a lot more. The controls are smoother and even though I had the PC stuff set to superultrahigh graphics the PS3 version actually looked better. Editing the poll the reflect my change of heart.Interesting. How are the controls smoother? I'm assuming you haven't tried using a PS3 controller on your PC, because when you do, it's exactly the same controls. The better thing about PC (for me) is that I can have a keyboard, mouse, and gamepad all plugged in at once and use them all comfortably (the mouse is EXTREMELY handy). My slim PS3 only has two USB ports, so if the controller is dying, I can't use all three peripherals.

Also, I'm not sure how you think the PS3 looks better. Maybe you have a bad graphics card, but the level of detail on "Maximum" graphics is way higher than on PS3, which uses just about the lowest settings for everything. You should be able to see a very clear difference in shadows (SO jagged on PS3), grass quality, and overall texture quality. Plus, something about the text is easier to read on PC; I think it could be better hinting, not too sure yet. The other huge difference is that PS3 seems to be running at 30fps or lower (I had a lot of slowdown on PS3), while on PC you can get 60fps or more.

These are the precise reasons (same or better controls, better graphics) that made me order the PC version.

Ouch!
07-13-2013, 08:54 PM
The best solution would be to have no FFXIV fee on PS4 but to require a PS Plus subscription. That way, you don't have to pay two (or more!) fees if you want to play more than one game online.

Except that doesn't make any sense because then people on the PS4 are paying less than $5 a month for a game that everyone else is getting charged more than twice that to play. The reason FFXIV has a fee is because Square Enix fronts the cost of server maintenance and upkeep as well as continued funding for regular content patches and updates.

The reason that PS+ and XBL can even remotely justify charging fees is because they're the ones who maintain the multiplayer servers, and they're the ones who see that money. Paying a fee for PS+ means that Square Enix doesn't see much (if any) of that small fee. If SE maintains the servers, they should be the ones who charge the fee. If you want to play other games on your PS4 multiplayer, that has nothing to do with Square Enix.

Only MMORPGs are going to have a fee separate from PS+, and they won't require PS+. The reason that FFXIV won't be on the Xbox One is exactly because Microsoft refuses to allow any online games without a Gold Membership requirement. FFXI worked with a Silver Membership, but that was before Xbox changed their policies and back when Microsoft was actually trying to get some market share in Japan and openly courting Square Enix's support.

comma
07-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Okay, you convinced me.

Raistlin
07-16-2013, 04:05 AM
I sort of doubt I'll be getting this but if I do someday then PC for sure. Even if I had a PS3 or PS4. Playing an MMO on a console is such a weird, weird concept to me :O_O:

Haha, seriously. It just seems bizarre to me, and I do have a PS3.

Elpizo
07-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Gonna get it on PC, and I pre-ordered my collector's edition last week.

Laddy
07-19-2013, 10:37 AM
PC is the only choice for an MMO.

KentaRawr!
08-09-2013, 10:03 PM
I played FFXI on the PS2 and enjoyed it a good deal, even without learning how to use macros properly. :greenie: I was awful at FFXI.

I've gotten a little bit more interested in PC gaming since then, and I think I wouldn't mind playing it on the PC. That is, of course, if I ever do play this. :p

ThornQueen
08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
I was going to get this on the PS3, but I think I'm now going to get it on my PC instead. After running the benchmark I can apparently run it on high settings, which isn't ideal but still better than having to use skype on my phone for raids. ><

Formalhaut
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
If I EVER get this game, literally the only version I could get this on is the PS3. The PS4 hasn't been released yet (and damn if I'm going purchase the console at launch with my funds, along with the game and subscription) and I don't have a PC that could even begin to play it on even the bare minimum of settings.

Gamblet
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
If I EVER get this game, literally the only version I could get this on is the PS3. The PS4 hasn't been released yet (and damn if I'm going purchase the console at launch with my funds, along with the game and subscription) and I don't have a PC that could even begin to play it on even the bare minimum of settings.

I managed to play it on lowish settings, but I got like about 20-30 FPS. It was not a pleasant experience.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-15-2013, 04:34 PM

If I recall correctly, usually when you get a retail version of a MMORPG it would also include the first month's subscription and they are coming out with cards (in some regions, no details yet) where you can buy subscription time. IF THAT HELPS CONVINCE YOU! Join us Formy. ONE OF US!

Formalhaut
08-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Please. The earliest time I could possibly play this is Christmas, where by that time when I'm at Uni I would have gotten a part-time job by that point.

I do want to 'eventually' play it, if only because everyone else on EoFF is playing it and I don't want to just blank out in #eoff whenever XIV pops up. I want to dip my finger in this pie.

Aulayna
08-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Lots of words but all I got out of this post was excuses.

Formalhaut
08-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Lots of words but all I got out of this post was excuses.

Blah blah blah blah blah no money blah blah blah blah when I get a part-time job blah blah blah blah at uni blah blah blah blah blah blah focus on studies blah.

Vincent, Thunder God
08-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm not getting it at all. Never touched MMOs, especially of the FF variety.

EDIT: Looks like Formalhaut beat me to it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Please. The earliest time I could possibly play this is Christmas, where by that time when I'm at Uni I would have gotten a part-time job by that point.

I do want to 'eventually' play it, if only because everyone else on EoFF is playing it and I don't want to just blank out in #eoff whenever XIV pops up. I want to dip my finger in this pie.

It is not impossible considering that I will also be in university at that time, working part-time (~25 hours/week), while maintaining a social life (what little it is) and a boyfriend. Most likely I will just play on my downtime, when the boyfriend is at work and I have no pressing work to do (so most mornings). I am also lucky in that this semester most of my courses are once a week in large 3 hour blocks, not several times a week in smaller blocks. And all in the evening. So yeah, I am hoping to get about 5 hours a week out of this minimum but we will see how my interest holds! Also, I have about a week and a half to play before classes start anyways. :D