PDA

View Full Version : Parking Spots

Pike
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Do you get annoyed when someone parks in your favorite spot?

Did you know that someone paid $560,000 to own two parking spots (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22910579)?

Let's discuss this.

Denmark
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
at home, yes, a little. mostly because of convenience, though. however, there is one spot in front of my apartment complex that's in a low spot, so when it rains, all the water collects there. big puddle, medium annoyance. I try not to park in that spot.

i get to work early-ish so I park in about the same spot every day and the parking lot is fairly empty when I get there.

Jinx
06-17-2013, 04:39 PM
at home, yes, a little. mostly because of convenience, though. however, there is one spot in front of my apartment complex that's in a low spot, so when it rains, all the water collects there. big puddle, medium annoyance. I try not to park in that spot.

i get to work early-ish so I park in about the same spot every day and the parking lot is fairly empty when I get there.

He bitched every time someone was in his spot.

Sephex
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
In terms of public parking, I just park wherever. I don't care about "rockstar parking" because I am in the store and already almost done with my business while morons are still circling the lot to save themselves ten steps.

Agent Proto
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
More or less, I do have a parking spot I like to park, and at home, I have a designated spot where I should always park, and it does annoy me when it's taken. But I don't let it bother me too much if it's taken. I usually get it back another time.

Denmark
06-17-2013, 04:46 PM

He bitched every time someone was in his spot.

lies and slander. okay maybe like one time (which might actually qualify as "every" time)

also I do what Sephex does in terms of public parking. i'd rather make it easy for me from a driving perspective and walk a little extra distance.

Flying Mullet
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
We just had a new group of tenants move into our office building and it's messed up all of our usual parking spots. :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I usually park away from other cars to avoid possible dings, walking is good exercise, and it's easier than doing the "vulture circle" around the prime spots.

I almost always come back to find one giant truck or Jeep with a massive lift kit parked right next to me. I guess it makes them feel awesome to park their truck next to a tiny car?

Pumpkin
06-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I hate parking close to other cars because my last car got hit about 3 times, once when I was sitting right in the car and the guy had plenty of space. He just back right into me. So I park as far away from other cars as possible.

When I have no choice but to park near other cars I always take a long time and back up and go forward a lot. I could probably do it in one movement, but I'm so paranoid and I would rather be safe and take more time to get it done right. I hate parking when sharky is in the car because he is a car genie and my driving skills feel sub par by comparison.

Also, that's a lot of money for parking. I can think of so many better things to do with that money.

Pheesh
06-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I love it when I pull into a carpark and straight in front of the entrance to the carpark is an open space, so absolutely zero turning is required, so satisfying. Aside from that I don't really care, I'll park wherever seems easiest to get in and out of.

escobert
06-17-2013, 06:26 PM
I live in vermont we don't have many parking issues :p at home nobody parks where I park and same for work!

Jowy
06-17-2013, 07:21 PM
My car is parked four blocks away from my apartment. There's only about twenty non-paid spots in my neighbourhood so when I do land one, I try and avoid driving unless absolutely necessary.

noxious.sunshine
06-17-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't get into a huff about parking, though it did get annoying if I got home late on a weekend night and all the spaces near my apt were full and I'd have to park practically on the other side of the complex.

My dad parks his F350 at the very end of a row and takes up like 6 spaces.

If I have my kid with me, I try to park close - especially if it's really hot outside or raining. Otherwise, I don't care. I'll park at the end just to get a bit more walking in.

Miriel
06-17-2013, 09:30 PM
True story, I regularly spent 20-30 minutes trying to find street parking in San Francisco. And after failing, more than a few times I've paid anywhere from $10-$30 just to park for an hour or two in an private garage. San Francisco is fucking ridiculous, nowhere to god damn park!!

But those times when I get a spot right in front of the place I'm going AND it's after 6pm so no meter fees... I seriously feel like angels have descended and are serenading me with hallelujahs.

Flying Mullet
06-17-2013, 09:46 PM
True story, I regularly spent 20-30 minutes trying to find street parking in San Francisco. And after failing, more than a few times I've paid anywhere from $10-$30 just to park for an hour or two in an private garage. San Francisco is smurfing ridiculous, nowhere to god damn park!!
Just take the bus!
That was laced with sarcasm. The last time I was staying in San Francisco I was staying in the Financial District and had to take a couple of trips across to Fisherman's Wharf. I took the bus and it stopped EVERY GODDAMN BLOCK. Seriously people, walk three blocks to grab the bus. It shouldn't take an hour to travel four miles. San Franciscoans are lazy bastards.

rubah
06-18-2013, 05:31 AM
While I may not be able to park in any spot, I can at least get myself out of the spots I can't manage to park in.

Psychotic
06-18-2013, 04:33 PM
NO

NO YOU DO NOT PARK IN IT

GO AWAY

>=(

NorthernChaosGod
06-19-2013, 08:39 AM
At home I have a favorite spot right by the pool because I can see it from my window. Parking in the housing complex kind of sucks though, so I regularly park further. :(

When I go someplace busy I usually go for the spot I can park in the fastest and not the one closest, because I have shit to do and spending 15 minutes finding a good spot is not on that list.

Shorty
06-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I am George Costanza when it comes to parking.

And despite while Philip says, I am the master of fucking parallel parking. The absolute master.

Pike
06-23-2013, 08:18 PM
And despite while Philip says, I am the master of fucking parallel parking. The absolute master.

tf4TIWECZ30

(cc: Cuch)

Madame Adequate
06-23-2013, 08:21 PM
G'WAN YE GIRL YE

Shorty
06-23-2013, 08:35 PM
my mom and stepbrother and I spent the entire fifteen minutes watching that and we fucking died pikey

Raistlin
06-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Oh god, that video. xD

I don't have any real preference for parking spots. My work is too busy with too few parking spots for me to be consistent about where I park. And like Denmark, in packed parking lots my main focus is on ease of getting out rather than ease of walking; I'm happy to park in a less-crowded area and walk a little ways.

EDIT: Also, paying $560k for two parking spots is fucking insane.

Shorty
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM
ahahaha the cheers that they give her at the end are so amazing

Cuchulainn
06-24-2013, 01:33 AM
And despite while Philip says, I am the master of smurfing parallel parking. The absolute master.

tf4TIWECZ30

Ahh the culchie Ballymena accent...it;s like listening to hells arsehole

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2013, 03:59 AM
And despite while Philip says, I am the master of smurfing parallel parking. The absolute master.

tf4TIWECZ30

FYI My sister and I watched this entire video, without skipping, in absolute hysterics, mere minutes after I locked her keys in her car and we unlocked the doors with a wire coat hanger.