PDA

View Full Version : Who actually killed Aeris?

Hollycat
06-18-2013, 03:26 PM
If you said Sephiroth, you are probably right.

But now read this.

Discuss, assuming the above is true.

Denmark
06-18-2013, 03:43 PM
pretty sure if you had a sword stabbed through your midsection, you'd bleed. i've seen the ultra-scientifically accurate Game of Thrones, so I know this is true.

The Man
06-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Wasn't Sephiroth sealed in the Northern Crater for most of the game, including all of Disc One? That's what I assumed this thread was going to be about. Technically it was Jenova in Sephiroth's form that killed her, even though Sephiroth was (according to the Ultimania anyway, though some fans regard this as a retcon) controlling her.

Loony BoB
06-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Alternatively, Sephiroth is in control of Cloud at the time he drowns her, since he seems to have some sort of control over him at periods throughout.

But really, I love this theory. As in the game the player takes control of Cloud, I like to think that I killed Aeris. :aimsun:

Raistlin
06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
But really, I love this theory. As in the game the player takes control of Cloud, I like to think that I killed Aeris. :aimsun:

This was my first thought as well. :up:

Sephiroth
06-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Technically it was Sephiroth because "you", you self and your consciousness is the person and he can project it into other bodies. The above is "funny", however.

Karifean
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Assuming this is true, Cloud certainly has good reasons to be as "emo" as some people describe him. :greenie:

In that case, a Phoenix Down would've actually worked, wouldn't it? That bites, we really should've tried.

Gamblet
06-18-2013, 05:43 PM
The floating part even makes sense.

Elly
06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
yeah, for all we know the arrangement of their internal organs may be quite different...
for the blood, or lack thereof, Square didn't want to lose their T Rating to an M Rating resulting in a projected loss of sales to the 13-18 demographic... even though Mortal Kombat has shown time and again that despite blood, gore, & an M Rating kids will still obtain it, but that's American thinking and Square was a Japanese company and it was a different time in the industry...

Jinx
06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Zack Fair killed her.

Mercen-X
06-19-2013, 10:33 PM
I have always known all of this (in particular the tidbits about lack of blood and sinking body). I've just never had the ability to articulate it the way that tammylynnbonnetoy has.

Pumpkin
06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Who actually killed Aeris?

Your mom.

Really though, as much as I would have liked to kill Aeris, I think people read to much into this stuff sometimes.

It's interesting to read though :monster:

Aulayna
06-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Wow he really was upset that he never got to third base.

Jinx
06-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Tifa.

theundeadhero
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Dead bodies don't immediately float. It takes a few days. Until they begin to decompose which causes methane and CO2 to get trapped in the body they sink to the bottom just as easily as living bodies.

Loony BoB
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Must have been really salty water.

theundeadhero
06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I kind alike to imagine a little kid was playing around there later when all of a sudden up pops Aeris' body and scares the crap out of him.

Jinx
06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Living bodies float, though. :confused:

VeloZer0
06-20-2013, 03:14 PM
It really depends on things like bone density and body fat percentage.

dandy da oak
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
This video is a much better argument for why Cloud is a murderer.

tEJ_3_wYROc

VeloZer0
06-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Another thought comes to mind

She might not have died right away, but lying right in the middle of the fight between the party and Jenova probably finished the job. ;)

Mercen-X
06-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Good point! Instead of another typical boss battle, it should been a "grab Aeris and run the hell away from the boss battle and get her to f-ing hospital right f-ing now!"

But you know, this was just part of typical Asian drama. She fall from sword, time for battle!

Tardar Sauce
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Who says her heart is in the same place as a regular human? She was a Cetra after all, they could have different organ placement.

VeloZer0
06-21-2013, 03:28 AM
And as for the lack of blood issue, I put forward that based on the evidence of the mutilation the party suffers in battle without a drop of blood spilling the people of FF7 just have a whole lot less of it.:p

Mercen-X
06-23-2013, 10:03 PM
True as well. The only time I actually remember seeing someone bleeding (who really knows where the blood comes from in the Shinra HQ and on the boat), is when Sephiroth is defeated at the end of the game.
Who says her heart is in the same place as a regular human? She was a Cetra after all, they could have different organ placement.Cetra are the ancient ancestors of the modern day humans. They aren't some alien race.

Slothy
06-24-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure severe trauma and lacerations to the bowel and liver (as the person in the pic claims she would have suffered) are absolutely fatal if left untreated. Considering no one in the party is a trained surgeon, nor had access to adequate hospital facilities, not to mention they were almost immediately required to defend themselves against Jenova, there's no way she was walking away from those wounds alive. And saying she was still alive when she was set in the water is a stretch.

She's also skinny as shit so she ain't gonna float on her own.

VeloZer0
06-24-2013, 02:57 AM
And of course we can bring up the whole "did Aries intend to die?" argument. :confused:

Mercen-X
06-24-2013, 04:29 AM
No matter what arguments we throw around, I will always blame Cloud. :p

Jinx
06-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure severe trauma and lacerations to the bowel and liver (as the person in the pic claims she would have suffered) are absolutely fatal if left untreated. Considering no one in the party is a trained surgeon, nor had access to adequate hospital facilities, not to mention they were almost immediately required to defend themselves against Jenova, there's no way she was walking away from those wounds alive. And saying she was still alive when she was set in the water is a stretch.

She's also skinny as trout so she ain't gonna float on her own.

Just throw a Remedy on her.

Omni-Odin
06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Haha I think a Soldier knows how to check someone's vitals. Still, funny stuff.