PDA

View Full Version : Cross-stitching

Jinx
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Does anyone do this? My mom and my grandma both do, and I did a loooong time ago. It's not that hard to learn how to do it, really. I'd need a little help, but I have people on hand to help! :)

I guess I'd just like to do this for creativity and creating purposes. It's good to pass time, and you're actually making something while keeping busy. I go stir-crazy if I am not constantly doing something with my hands, so I think it'd be great for watching tv and stuff. Plus, when you're done, you've got art!

Parker
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
what a great idea for a thread

noxious.sunshine
06-19-2013, 08:14 AM
I used to know how to cross-stitch, actually. It can be very painstaking and irritating at times.

My mom knows how to sew - by hand as well as with a sewing machine. She used to be really good at hemming jeans & skirts that were too long for us by hand. & then she worked for a sewing company for many years & would make my sister & I outfits and stuff.

I haven't done any kind of stitching in a long time, but I did used to have various sized hoops and a ton of the thicker thread (what's it called?) and quite a large array of sewing needles. As well as the cloth/material.

Loony BoB
06-24-2013, 02:22 PM
I did this at some point in my early teens. It's bloody easy. I don't know if I still have anything around the place though. I only did a few, but yeah, simple enough stuff that anyone can pick up on it. I think I had more fun designing them than I did making them, though. It's like a giant Excel page I can colour in.