PDA

View Full Version : One mediocre game or twenty crap games?

Flying Mullet
06-20-2013, 12:08 AM
If you had to choose between being able to play one mediocre game or twenty crap games for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Mediocre games are those that are okay and you can pass the time with it but you'd rather play something else if it was available.

Crap games are those that you can only play for five minutes and you want to burn at the stake because of atrocious music, horrific game play, incomprehensible plot, etc...

Loony BoB
06-20-2013, 09:58 AM
See this is awkward for me because I enjoy almost every game that I play. Even ones other people consider crap. >_> But yeah, if I was actually going to legitimately not enjoy them for whatever reason, there is no way I would want to spend that long playing something I hated than spending a moderate length of time playing a game I can at least enjoy.

Del Murder
06-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Who the hell would want to play 20 crap games?

Hollycat
06-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Who the hell would want to play 20 crap games?
This.

Denmark
06-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I know people who pride themselves on "playing bad games". Or maybe they're not proud of it, per se, but it's a thing they do.

I'd go with the one mediocre game, though. If I got bored of it, I'd quit video games forever. Thanks, Mulley. :(

Pike
06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I could probably squeeze some amount of enjoyment and challenge out of even the most "crap" games.

So I don't really care which of these options I'd end up with.

Flying Mullet
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Apparently no one likes a crappy game. Whodathunkit?

Flaming Ice
06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
I think I'd rather use the time answering pointless polls ;)

DMKA
06-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Going by that description, I've never played a crap game, much less 20, and I hope to God that I never do.

Mercen-X
06-22-2013, 02:56 AM
I would define the 8-bit genre as encompassing crap games or at the very least the games I saw available for Atari. "Swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey. Blast those pesky green dot aliens with your red square spaceship. The fun and excitement never ends. DEGENaTRON!"

krissy
06-22-2013, 04:38 AM
i dont know if i'd even bother with a mediocre game
but it's all subjective isn't it

NeoCracker
06-22-2013, 06:47 AM
A mediocre game give minimal enjoyment, and you can't really say much about it.

A crap game may be bad, but it can be fun bitching about it on the internet! 20 Crap games it is!

Pike
06-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I would define the 8-bit genre as encompassing crap games or at the very least the games I saw available for Atari. "Swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey. Blast those pesky green dot aliens with your red square spaceship. The fun and excitement never ends. DEGENaTRON!"

Son you best not be dissing Atari 2600 games

Yars' Revenge is one of the best games ever made period

Rantz
06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
If it was between those two, I'd probably just not play video games anymore. Is that an option?

NeoCracker
06-22-2013, 10:32 AM
If it was between those two, I'd probably just not play video games anymore. Is that an option?

Do you see the option on the poll?

Well until you do, it's not an option. :colbert:

Pike
06-22-2013, 10:39 AM
All of you guys saying you'd give up video games are CASUALS. CASUALS, you hear?! :argh:

NeoCracker
06-22-2013, 10:47 AM
All of you guys saying you'd give up video games are CASUALS. CASUALS, you hear?! :argh:

Huzzah!

Flying Mullet
06-24-2013, 04:20 PM

Huzzah!
Relax y'all, there's no Hardcore Gamer Ciddie.

Pike
06-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Huzzah!

There will be again, someday. Probably when I next run the Ciddies. And I need to keep up my reputation in the interim.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 05:22 PM

Huzzah!

This isn't about a ciddie, this is about a lifestyle. :colbert:

Pike
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM

Huzzah!

This too. :doublecolbert:

Flying Mullet
06-24-2013, 06:10 PM

Huzzah!

I wasn't aware that Lifestyles made a gamer condom. T'would be pretty cool though.

NeoCracker
06-24-2013, 06:17 PM

Huzzah!

I wasn't aware that Lifestyles made a gamer condom. T'would be pretty cool though.

It plays the victory fanfare when you climax.

Flying Mullet
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd hate the see the Pavlov responses people would develop from this...

Del Murder
06-25-2013, 04:18 AM
When would a gamer ever be in a position to need a condom?

DMKA
06-25-2013, 04:35 AM
When would a gamer ever be in a position to need a condom?
I have the perfect answer to this, but you'd have to ban me for it.

Del Murder
06-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Still might be worth it, but only you know.