PDA

View Full Version : Rest in RIP, F-Zero. For now, anyway.

Pike
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said. "I think where I struggle is that I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again. Certainly I can see how people looking at Mario Kart 8 could see, through the anti-gravity, a connection to F-Zero. But I don’t know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero."

{Source (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/dont-get-your-hopes-up-for-f-zero)}

Of course, this doesn't mean that F-Zero is gone for good. But there don't seem to be plans for one any time in the near future. I do find it interesting that Miyamoto is talking about how he doesn't have any "new directions" for it even though Nintendo often leans towards traditionalism with their games.

Thoughts?

Slothy
06-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Not seeing "new directions" for things has never seemed to stop them before.

But the last F-Zero on the Gamecube was kind of awful, so I'm not sure how bothered by this I am, particularly with no desire to buy a Wii U. I'll stick to the original and F-Zero X I guess.