PDA

View Full Version : Lasagna

Pumpkin
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Discuss it's glory.

I love lasagna. I make a great one from a recipe that's been in my family for a long time and has actually won a few local cooking competitions. I love it. It's expensive and takes forever to make though, so it definitely isn't an everyday food.

My ex's mom made a lasagna with pepperoni in it, and I like lasagna, and I like pepperoni, but it just did not work. I always ate it to be polite though, but I'm glad I don't have to eat it anymore.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Lasagne is amazingly delicious and I love when we have it, which isn't nearly often enough.

Pike
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree, lasagna is pretty great.

Chris
06-21-2013, 05:44 PM
There is NOTHING better than seafood lasagna. It's sooo delicious, and especially when you can taste all of the little treats (shrimp, tentacles, and so on).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SgDBvmC78cI/AAAAAAAAGyI/QeiFlH1fh9E/s800/Seafood+Lasagna+500.jpg

Agent Proto
06-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Lasagna is really good!

Shauna
06-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Everyone loves this meal. Impossible not to!

I will hijack this thread with a better question:

Lasagne or Lasagna? Only one person in this thread has been correct so far. :colbert:

Agent Proto
06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
From my understand, lasagne is the plural form of lasagna.

Miriel
06-21-2013, 06:46 PM
I love lasagna! Regular meat lasagna is my fav, but mushroom lasagna with bechamel is pretty fabulous too.

Jinx
06-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Mixing ground Italian sausage into the hamburger meat. Omg.

noxious.sunshine
06-23-2013, 11:27 PM
I do a mix of ground turkey, ground beef, and spicy italian sausage (like a pound of each). And then I layer crispy-fied prosciutto on top of the meat layers. Make my own sun-dried tomato marinara and like a large amount of parmiggiano-reggiano, ricotta, & mozzarella mixed together..... And of course a lot of garlic and onion & basil in everything. I might use some Italian seasoning in the sauce & meat as well. Oh and crimini mushrooms too.. In the meat of course.

That sumbich weighs around 10 - 15 lbs by the time it's fully assembled. And it takes forever to do.

Shorty
06-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Lasagna is the smurfing best, oh man. Douse that shit in parmesan the way god intended it to be eaten and GIVE IT HERE.

Loony BoB
06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
I love it. The one thing I don't like about it though is how in the UK they insist on dousing it with juices so that it collapses fairly easily. I prefer my lasagne (and yeah, I'm with Shauna on this one) to be able to be cut into a nice clean block, similar to the one seen in Chris' image. If it's so packed with juices that it just slides around then it's not done to perfection as far as I'm concerned. Some juice, sure, but not to the point that it's served in a bowl with a sort of soup at the bottom...

But the absolute worst thing I've seen done on lasagne is when they put that stupid mild cheese sauce that doesn't taste or look anything like cheese (and probably isn't cheese) on top of it. URGH. I hate that so much. Mature cheese, grated and melted, thanks.

Having said all that... there's very rarely a lasagne that I won't at the very least tolerate (if not enjoy) regardless of the above things. But if you want amazing lasagne, you have to do it right.

Night Fury
06-24-2013, 11:49 AM
I've made about 4-5 lasagnes. They're quite hard and I always end up with the lasagne that just flops about and ends up a mess on the plate. Don't care though as it's still damn tasty!

Shauna
06-24-2013, 02:18 PM
From my understand, lasagne is the plural form of lasagna.

With some brief looking around, this is correct! Which still means that everyone spelling it with an a is wrong. :p Unless you have some with only one strip of lasagna. :p

Pumpkin
06-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Making lasagna tonight :jess:

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2013, 09:09 PM
My lasagnA costs around $40 to make.

It will not be made anytime soon.