PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy

sir helix
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I can't read or speak Japanese. But I'm super interested in this game. Is worth a blind play through and purchase?

Jinx
06-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Probably not.

Formalhaut
06-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Not really. You'd be dying alot. It's effectively like playing a game with your eyes closed!

Jinx
06-22-2013, 12:05 AM
I think if you know anything about Final Fantasy, after a few attempts, you could figure out the battle system. But you wouldn't understand 98% of the story, so I doubt you'd get much enjoyment from it.

Formalhaut
06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
I think if you know anything about Final Fantasy, after a few attempts, you could figure out the battle system. But you wouldn't understand 98% of the story, so I doubt you'd get much enjoyment from it.

Not me. I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

And even if I could stumble through, I wouldn't really enjoy it. Both for the story (which is apparently very good) and the gameplay.

Yar
06-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd advise against it, if you can't read Japanese. Without it, you obviously wouldn't understand the story. Even if you're okay with that, you have to consider that you won't be able to understand not only the combat system with ease, but also the menus, equipment, items, skills, the Altocrystarium system, etc etc. Basically all things that I would consider reading a necessity.

But it's your money!