PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

Aulayna
06-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Just got back from this.

It's not the greatest film in the word and does run on just a little bit but generally does a good job of the keeping the tension throughout. It was actually better than I was expecting it to be really.

Raistlin
06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
I might see it eventually, but I have zero interest in paying to see this in theaters. I'm not one to criticize movies for making big changes to books, as these things should be judged on their own merits, but from what I've seen it looks like a very generic action/disaster movie.

charliepanayi
06-23-2013, 09:26 PM
It sounds like the only things this has in common with the book is the title and the fact they both have zombies in.

Anyway if the opening weekend is any indication, a sequel is inevitable now. So those of you unhappy about the film, you can thank the moviegoing public for guaranteeing more!

Araciel
06-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Yeahhh I was so excited to hear they were movieizing the book

but they didn't.

ah well I'll still see it

Shoeberto
06-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah it looks way boring. I haven't read the book but it sounds like it would've been cooler if they properly adapted the source into a History Channel-style mockumentary. This looked like both a bad zombie film and a bad disaster film.

Shauna
06-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Probably gonna pop along to see this tomorrow, but I hear it is just a generic action zombie flick. Which is a real shame because the source material was pretty great.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
im looking forward to this fucker

er