PDA

View Full Version : any Graphicially remade versions of final fantasy 1 thorugh 5?

mindfray
06-22-2013, 07:02 AM
So i was wondering, Since some of the final fantasy games below 6 were made when the system they were created on was not at it's fullest.

are there any remakes of final fantasy one through five out?

i think 5 might have been closer on par with 6 when it came to graphics.
and below that the ones on the nes and famicom are now considered dated graphics.

i think i heard of one on one of the new iphones or something was made.
but it's a bit fuzzy for me on this issue.

thanks in advance.

NeoCracker
06-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Pretty much all of them have had updates, though I wouldn't call them remakes.

Only III and IV had full remakes done on the DS.

Mirage
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
1, 2 and 5 had 2D remakes.

The term "remake" isn't exclusive to 3D games. It is anytime a lot of assets have been re-made, which is the case in FF1 and 2 on the PSP (and even in the origins versions) and FF5. The GBA ports of 4, 5 and 6 had a tiny bit of assets remade, but not enough for me to call them remakes.

Fynn
06-22-2013, 05:43 PM
There's also the III and IV remakes on the DS.

sir helix
06-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Am I the only one that would like to see I II V and VI ds style

Mirage
06-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I think so.

NeoCracker
06-23-2013, 05:32 AM
1, 2 and 5 had 2D remakes.

The term "remake" isn't exclusive to 3D games. It is anytime a lot of assets have been re-made, which is the case in FF1 and 2 on the PSP (and even in the origins versions) and FF5. The GBA ports of 4, 5 and 6 had a tiny bit of assets remade, but not enough for me to call them remakes.

Forgot about FF's 1 and 2, never played the 1 redo's as I coudln't get into it, and 2's on PSX is terrible. :p

And version of IV, V, and VI I played just felt like ports with a few updates. :p

Skyblade
06-23-2013, 06:22 AM
There was also Dawn of Souls, which remade I and II for the GBA. May not have been as nice as the PSP version, but was still definitely an update from the original.

Am I the only one who loathed the DS remakes?

Ultimate Irregular
06-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Can V's remake even be considered a "remake"? I actually think it's a downgrade...
The DS Remakes were stellar for what the system could do, in my opinion.

Pike
06-23-2013, 10:36 AM
I can think of at least one port and/or remake for all the FFs you mentioned, OP. If you have a Game Boy Advance you can play most of them.

I still need to play 5 :(

VeloZer0
06-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Am I the only one who loathed the DS remakes?
Art style or gameplay changes? I don't know I have heard too much complaints about the gameplay but I have definitely encountered some people who despise the chibi-3D. Either way I personally loved both the gameplay and art style.

Am I the only one that would like to see I II V and VI ds style
I would absolutely love 1,2 & 5 NDS style. I'm still not so sure about 6 though.

and 2's on PSX is terrible
What didn't you like about it?