PDA

View Full Version : Help! My PS3 keeps disconnecting. :(

Rostum
06-22-2013, 10:42 AM
So I've been playing the FFXIV beta on my PS3, I suppose it's the only online game I've really tried for the console. Anyways, PSN keeps signing out despite there being no issues.

I've created a static IP for the PS3, as well as DMZ and set my DNS's to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. It's connected via wireless, usually has a strength of 85-95% (I don't have a wired option currently) and is on a vacant channel.

When it disconnects, and the game disconnects, I check out my Internet status on the PS3 and everything is perfectly fine. So I'm not sure what's going on!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

o_O
06-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Is it possible that your DSL is dropping, not your PS3? When it happens, does anything else on your network drop?

Also, tangentially related: is it possible to play FFXIV without creating a DMZ? It's really insecure to have a DMZ on your network, and if it's required, you definitely shouldn't be connecting anything other than your PS3 to it. You'd be much safer opening the relevant ports and playing that way.

Rostum
06-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Yeah, it appears to just be PSN dropping out. I also run FFXIV on my PC and that never disconnects no matter how long it's been running.

The DMZ is just for the PS3's static IP and nothing else. I was told it'd be safe and easier to do than opening up all the relevant ports. But maybe it's something I should consider...