PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom hearts 3 ideas

Masamunemaster
06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
I just remembered that disney now items star wars , and got marvel a while back. Here is my pitch....death star as a world, and lightsaber keyblades; also we could see avengers in it woooo.

it probably sounds lame to most people, but I just got off work not long ago and I am just a little sleepy.

Fynn
06-22-2013, 03:40 PM

Seriously, for me KH has always been about FF meets Disney. I do not want any Star Wars (or Marvel for, that matter) in it. That would simply defeat the purpose of the games. Plus, the story is complex as is.

Mercen-X
06-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Because anything is better than: a Cars world, a Bug's Life world, a Monster's anything world, a 101 Dalmatians world, a Bambi world, a Dumbo world, an Aristocats world, a Winnie the Pooh world (yes, I disapproved of them both), and any return to spontaneous outbursts of song and dance a la the Little Mermaid...

To be acceptable, Star Wars references would have to be limited to the unaltered Ep. IV-VI. This pretty much means the only characters we should see are Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, and the droids (the latter three and non-plot NPC filler; unless Star Wars were to be featured as an ACTUAL world, then R2-D2 may be necessary for plot advancement). Big Bads of this realm would be limited to Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I don't include the Emperor because he hasn't nearly the emotion impact upon Luke as battling his father. Plus in the movies, the Emperor was never actually physically fought.

I don't like the idea of a lightsaber keyblade. I don't see there being a way to maintain its in-universe plausibility while rendering it also aesthetically pleasing insomuch as a keyblade is expected to appear. Leave the lightsabers to Luke.

Fynn
06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
What about the Keyblade you get for beating Young Xehanort in BBS? Pretty much what one would call a lightsaber Keyblade and it looked pretty friggin' awesome.

Mercen-X
06-23-2013, 08:24 PM
I haven't played BBS. I don't know what that looks like.

Pheesh
06-24-2013, 02:39 AM
What about the Keyblade you get for beating Young Xehanort in BBS? Pretty much what one would call a lightsaber Keyblade and it looked pretty friggin' awesome.

Not really, it's just got a shaft that glows. The key part of it is still metal spikes, which would look really out of place on a lightsaber.

Mercen-X
06-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Lawyered.

Fynn
06-24-2013, 06:20 AM

Well, this is as close as it can get, IMO.

Masamunemaster
06-24-2013, 12:06 PM
I just thought that it was am interesting idea, I know it could be very bad, but it could possibly happen now and everyone knows it.

Ouch!
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
I think people are getting way too carried away with the possibility of Star Wars and Marvel worlds in Kingdom Hearts. Let's run down the list of games in the Kingdom Hearts series that have been released since Disney's complete acquisition of Pixar in 2007:

358/2 Days
Coded/re:Coded
Birth by Sleep
Dream, Drop, Distance
Nomura has expressed on multiple occasions since the first game came out when Pixar was still an independent studio working with Disney that he has wanted to include Pixar worlds. It's been six years with all immediate licensing obstacles removed and it still hasn't happened. Never mind the bigger concern for Star Wars and Marvel inclusion: other game studios already have licensing deals with Disney for these titles. After the dissolution of Lucas Arts, Disney signed an exclusive deal to have EA (via DICE, Bioware, and Visceral studios) develop all future Star Wars games. Marvel is probably a bit easier to get a hold of since they don't have a blanket contract for those the way they do for Star Wars (at least not one that's interfering Capcom's use of the license for Marvel vs. Capcom, but you'd be surprised at how ridiculous some of these contractual restrictions can get.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone considering it likely, though, is probably kidding themselves.

Mercen-X
06-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Since they can't include a Marvel world as Marvel is a multiverse (the best they could do would be to create an original world populated with the 21st century's most popular/well-known Marvel characters: i.e. X-Men, Avengers). Outside creating a whole world, they'd have to identify the most suitable candidates who wouldn't on their own break the game 'cause they gotta know fans aren't going to accept them being powercapped. Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Spiderman, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thing, Daredevil, Electra, etc.

Then they'd have to determine who among those character are popular enough to bother putting into the universe. Probably not DD or Electra having been received poorly due to horrible acting.

What Marvel villain could appear to justify the use of a "Marvel world"? There are so many choices. The obvious would be some universal threat like Galactus (which also makes sense as to why the group would bother fighting him as their priority has always been saving the worlds).

Del Murder
06-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I think it would be cool if they added a dual wield ability to allow 2 keyblades to be equipped. Or some way to modify the keyblade. Or combine keyblades into better versions. This is an area of customization that they haven't yet touched.

Mercen-X
06-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh yeah. I once wrote up a description of an entire series of Keyblade Fusions including some that allowed you to summon creatures such as Yojimbo. The act of Modding keyblades has existed in some form throughout the series (at least I,II,Days,and Coded) whether simply considering the keychains altering the keyblade or adding smaller components as in Days. An example as to how the wielder's power come FROM the keyblade. Take that Pupu. :p

Mercen-X
06-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Summon Jafar as Ifrit, Summon Snow Queen (Narnia) as Shiva, Summon Maleficent as Bahamut, Summon Auto (WALL-E) as Eden, Summon Chernabog as Anima, Summon Zeus as Ramuh, Summon Hercules as Titan, Summon Pegasus as Pandemona, Summon Cerberus, Summon Hades (I know, lots of Hercules characters, right?), Summon Oogie Boogie as Cuchulainn, Summon Polar Express (I know, not Disney) as Doomtrain, Summon Triton as Leviathan, Summon Queen Grimhilde (Snow White) as Carbuncle, Summon The Horned King (Black Cauldron) as Odin, Summon Monstro as Bismarck, Summon Big Bad Wolf as Fenrir, Summon Doctor Facilier as Phantom, Summon Ursula as Gilgamesh? (tentacles closest thing to multiple hands), Summon Syndrome as Ark (closest thing FF has to a "superhero")

I'm bored.

Aulayna
07-01-2013, 10:21 AM
They should do a homage to Star Wars and have a Gummi Ship mission where you fly down the trench of Gummi Death Star to drop a Gummi Bomb into the Gummi ventilation shaft. All the time have some comedy banter going on between Chip n Dale. That'd be amazing.

Mercen-X
07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
With quite a bit of dialogue that "sounds so familiar". :)

KEYBLADE FORGE

In the Keyblade Forge, you'll sacrifice two (maybe three) Keyblades/Keychains to make a stronger one (Kingdom Key ineligible). As you're only given one of each type of Keychain, the only way to discover every possible combination is through D-Fusion.

GUMMI PLANET

A world that requires Gummis to explore. As the team will be in the cockpit, the Gummi vehicle will count as the team. Blueprints include speeders, tanks, and mechs.

CHAIN REACTIONS

I don't know if something like this has already occurred in BBS or 3D, but reintroducing Reaction Commands, Reaction Chains occur like the Renzokuken or more likely similar to the auto-scenes in Dark Cloud (causing Sora to do a complex stunt rather than a series of hits).

Pheesh
07-02-2013, 05:14 AM
With quite a bit of dialogue that "sounds so familiar". :)

KEYBLADE FORGE

In the Keyblade Forge, you'll sacrifice two (maybe three) Keyblades/Keychains to make a stronger one (Kingdom Key ineligible). As you're only given one of each type of Keychain, the only way to discover every possible combination is through D-Fusion.

I quite like this, but maybe not the way you have said, I think combining the item synthesis system with the keyblades would be a really nifty idea. In that adding certain items possibly adds stats or boosts to your keyblade. So maybe 50 fire shards adds fire damage to your keyblade or something. The better the keyblade the more slots it has for adding a custom attribute, similar to the gem system in the Diablo series. It should probably be a bit more intricate than that but you get the idea, I think it would allow you to really customise your play style.

Mercen-X
07-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Reminds me of the weapon upgrade system used in Dark Cloud. So going off of that:

Materials for Stat Boost (i.e. Bronze, Ingot, Mithril, Orichalcum, Dark Matter, etc.)
Materials for Elemental Boost (i.e. Blaze Shard, Frost Stone, Thunder Gem, etc.)
Materials for Bestial Abuse (:p ): Verve Stone (+% vs Heartless), Memory Stone (+% vs Nobody), Awareness Stone (+% vs Unversed), Spirit Stone (+% vs Dream Eater)

Masamunemaster
07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
I wonder if they will check this site for ideas on the game? Just so many good ideas coming together now.

I now know I need me a ps2 so I can play dark cloud again.

Shiny
07-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Instead of doing a Marvel world couldn't they just do a hero world with only one or two super heroes; like the Hulk for instance?

Mercen-X
07-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Agrabah has one more return trip worth of content to deliver. I'd like to travel to Oz, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Narnia. Andy's Room would make a decent Toy Story world (technically, you could say the stories took place entirely in Andy's imagination so places like Sid's Room, Pizza Planet, Al's Toy Barn, and the Sunnyside Daycare facility could all still take place within the realm of Andy's Room). I absolutely demand a Wreck-it Ralph world (Sugar Rush!) ...
Clarification for the doubters: just because they include the world doesn't mean they have to include all the characters from the movie (i.e. Zangief, Tapper, etc.)
The essentials are Ralph, Vanellope, Felix, King Candy/Turbo, and Calhoun. As neither "Fix-It Felix, Jr", Sugar Rush, Turbo Time, nor even Hero's Duty are real games, there would be no existing licensing issues.

I would also like to see characters from 20000 Leagues Under the Sea (maybe Nemo's sub shows up in the Atlantis world) and a visit to Toon Town (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)

Also, how can they possibly avoid including The Axiom (WALL-E) wherein Auto can be made into a Brainiac-esque villain by turning him/it into a Heartless (how can a machine be a Heartless, it's already heartless... who cares?)

The one thing I'd vote against is another musical romp through Atlantica.

Here's a keyblade I found which seems to fit a Star Wars theme without being a lightsaber.
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn48/Seru_Repulse/Random/Liminality.png

Masamunemaster
07-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Oh a wreck it ralph world would make me so happy.

Formalhaut
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I wonder if they will check this site for ideas on the game? Just so many good ideas coming together now.

They honestly should. Seriously. Someone twitter them or something.

Mercen-X
07-06-2013, 02:38 AM
So maybe 50 fire shards adds fire damage to your keyblade or something.
10 Blaze Shards = Flame Armor (damage decreased by 10% from fire attacks)
20 Blaze Shards = Flame Edge (attack increased by 10%, 50% versus Ice Heartless)
40 Blaze Shards or 10 Blaze Gems = Flame Shield (damage decreased by 60% from fire attacks)
80 Blaze Shards or 20 Blaze Gems = Flame Burst (attack increased by 15%, 75% versus Ice Heartless)
40 Blaze Gems or 10 Blaze Crystals = Flame Heal (fire attacks cause 5% heal)

Also, I wonder if elemental boosts should only apply to keyblades with a previous predisposition toward that element. Like Hidden Dragon for fire or Diamond Dust for ice.

Bronze Fusion = increase attack by 5%
Magic Gold Fusion = increase magic by 5%, reduce attack and stamina by 2%
Mithril Fusion = increase magic and defense by 10%, reduce attack by 5%
Orichalcum Fusion = increase magic and defense by 15%, reduce stamina by 10%
Dark Matter Fusion = increase magic and attack by 20%, reduce stamina and defense by 10%

By the way One-Winged Angel didn't return in subsequent KH did it? How cool would it be to dual-wield OWA and Fenrir?

OH!

Another idea: Chaining Drives
Imagine using the Drive timer to allow Sora to change into Drive form after Drive form after Drive form. I think maybe each time you switched Drives, the gauge would drop one tier regardless of whether you had time left, but I think it would be an awesome bonus if at the last second, you could use one last Drive shift to gain one bonus tier. (maybe an invisible tier)

Sephiroth
07-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Star Wars would be the best and most fitting Disney thing for KH. Riku VS Anakin. Mirror Match. Fun Fact. Riku and Adult Anakin have the same German voice actor.

Ouch!
07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
In a recent interview, Nomura said that while he'd like to add some "Star Wars stuff," there are a number of licensing issues controlling which Disney-owned franchises they can use. He did not specifically say that Star Wars or Marvel was off the table, but it sounds like the licensing agreements are somewhat restrictive.

Mercen-X
07-08-2013, 06:31 PM
By the way, if Square ever decides to include VI's Terra, they'll have to call her Tina so as not to confuse her with BBS Terra.

Sephiroth
07-08-2013, 07:17 PM
By the way, if Square ever decides to include VI's Terra, they'll have to call her Tina so as not to confuse her with BBS Terra. I did that 6 years ago with my story.

Mercen-X
07-08-2013, 07:56 PM
How would you feel if this (http://butor-keszites-tervezes.hu/kepek/masterbeer/kingdom-hearts-3d-ar-cards-i19.jpg) was how Lightning appeared in KH3?

Also, a fanart I've seen proposes the idea that for a Monster Inc world, Sora Co could wear a monstrous costume rather than changing into a monster entirely.

Jinx
07-08-2013, 09:48 PM
How would you feel if this (http://butor-keszites-tervezes.hu/kepek/masterbeer/kingdom-hearts-3d-ar-cards-i19.jpg) was how Lightning appeared in KH3?

Also, a fanart I've seen proposes the idea that for a Monster Inc world, Sora Co could wear a monstrous costume rather than changing into a monster entirely.

Kind of like Boo in Monsters, Inc.

Sephiroth
07-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Lightning will be there anyway.

Mercen-X
07-09-2013, 03:29 AM
As an adult or as a kid?

Masamunemaster
07-09-2013, 06:54 AM
I could see a kid lightning and serah, with an adult snow as her bodyguard maybe?

Sephiroth
07-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Cloud and Squall are adults so she will be, too.

Ouch!
07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Cloud and Squall are adults so she will be, too.
Squall was an adult, but Seifer was a kid, and Seifer was older than Squall in FFVIII. I'm pretty sure it'ssafe to say we have no idea how any character will appear.

Sephiroth
07-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Cloud and Squall are adults so she will be, too. Squall was an adult, but Seifer was a kid, and Seifer was older than Squall in FFVIII. I'm pretty sure it'ssafe to say we have no idea how any character will appear. It is not because there are certain factors about this: Squall is a protagonist and more popular. Even Tidus who is a protagonist fits into the kid role for the sole reason that he & Wakka are beachboys perfectly fitting for another island group. Seifer has his gang which annoys people all the time, also fitting for rivals (of the Twilight gang). Squall and Cloud are two of the trademarks of Square AND Lightning is, too. Super-Chibi-versions would disappoint many people. The only reasons to morph her would be that her story is too serious or that she fits into one of those childish roles. And if Cloud gets normal size I bet they don't change hers, too. They could make the L'Cie gang children but it would be too disappointing for many.

Mercen-X
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Maybe they'll add child versions of Serah and Vanille.

I get the impression Zack from BBS seems more kiddish. Do you think his story and personality is lighter than Cloud's?

Sephiroth
07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe they'll add child versions of Serah and Vanille. I get the impression Zack from BBS seems more kiddish. Do you think his story and personality is lighter than Cloud's? His personality is brighter in general even though he was a part of X-Men First Class and found out about not so cool ShinRa. Zack is playful and cheerful and the whole hero thing fits into Hercules' story. Vanille could get a super-demorph. Take Fang, too and you can do some cute BFF-sister story. More fitting than child-Claire and Serah. But if children, make both Light and Serah children, not only one of them. Episode Zero 12-year old Serah and 15-year old Claire could work and would be cute but it is too sad to really work. The picture itself works, however. It is cute

Jinx
07-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Weren't YRP fairy sprite things?

Could be anything.

Mercen-X
07-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I only approve the sprite thing to be explained as a dressphere.

By the way, they would never call Lightning Claire, just like they don't refer to Red XIII as Nanaki.

Sephiroth
07-11-2013, 12:42 AM
I only approve the sprite thing to be explained as a dressphere. By the way, they would never call Lightning Claire, just like they don't refer to Red XIII as Nanaki. OtWtaS itself calls him Nanaki and it is not them using the name he but me.

Aulayna
07-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I actually hope they keep the Command Styles from Birth by Sleep come to think of it.

Mercen-X
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
OtWtaS itself calls him Nanaki.
Not a game. And I was just making sure about Lightning. I'm sure if they included Red XIII in KH, they'd call him Red XIII.

Sephiroth
07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
OtWtaS itself calls him Nanaki. Not a game. And I was just making sure about Lightning. I'm sure if they included Red XIII in KH, they'd call him Red XIII. And I am sure they would not. Just like Fuu and Rai instead of "jin. I think they could call him "Red" like "Leon" and one character mentions the real name like Yuffie did.

Goldenboko
07-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh a wreck it ralph world would make me so happy.

Random ass racing level? It'd be pretty cool imo.

Ouch!
07-12-2013, 06:59 PM
OtWtaS itself calls him Nanaki. Not a game. And I was just making sure about Lightning. I'm sure if they included Red XIII in KH, they'd call him Red XIII. And I am sure they would not. Just like Fuu and Rai instead of "jin. I think they could call him "Red" like "Leon" and one character mentions the real name like Yuffie did.
Or just like Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Yuna, Rikku, Paine, Setzer, Cid, Vivi, Zack, or Seifer, they'll call him exactly what they called him in the game.

Speculation is fine and dandy, but let's not pretend that we're sure about anything when we cannot reasonably be sure of much of anything.

Sephiroth
07-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Or just like Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Yuna, Rikku, Paine, Setzer, Cid, Vivi, Zack, or Seifer, they'll call him exactly what they called him in the game..

You have basically confirmed what I said because he is called Nanaki ingame and only Red mentions his subject name once. Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, et cetera have no special nicknames - except for fans. Nanaki is known as both Nanaki and Red XIII. And Leon was also very fitting for Squall because of his whole I have my own symbol and that is Griever story.

I don't say he will be called that. I just mention reasons why decisions are normally made and why the assumption is logical. Actually I doubt he will appear at all.

Ouch!
07-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I... you know what? Never mind. Okay. Sure.

Masamunemaster
07-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Just can't wait to see ultamecia(sp?) In kh.

Mercen-X
07-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Child version. lol Oh! and she changes from Rinoa! lol (like how Sephiroth is part of Cloud)

Mercen-X
07-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Apprentice Blade
Laser Sword Keyblade Form by ~IceOfFire on deviantART (http://iceoffire.deviantart.com/art/Laser-Sword-Keyblade-Form-220166888)

Sephiroth
07-15-2013, 12:09 AM
After watching Wreck it Ralph I want it to be included. They can even make Kingdom Hearts be a video game and let Sora discover that he is part of it, just that it is his normal life.

Mercen-X
07-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure Square would be willing to bend that way. Maybe somebody would put the idea in Sora's head and Sora would leave the world thinking: "Could my life just be an awesome video game played by a bunch of kids...?" Then he would shake his head "NAH! That's silly!"

Sephiroth
07-16-2013, 04:18 AM
I'm not sure Square would be willing to bend that way. Maybe somebody would put the idea in Sora's head and Sora would leave the world thinking: "Could my life just be an awesome video game played by a bunch of kids...?" Then he would shake his head "NAH! That's silly!"

Something like that would be enough for me because it would be funny. He just looks into the camera which he obviously can't see and says the final line you said. That would be cool for the ending of this world - I have even noticed that you said "before leaving this world" so I edited this post because I also thought it would be cool as an ending for this world in general. After all Ralph and the others would tell them right before that they could only have met them because they are video game characters. It would not say if he actually has the his video game real life + an existing real life which is ours or only his universe which is just meant to be real it would hint him and us then that both actually exist.

Mercen-X
07-16-2013, 07:20 AM
On the other hand, entering into the Wreck-It Ralph world could be accomplished similarly to entering Space Paranoids. Despite the fact that Tron and its sequel both feature said digitizing laser whereas Wreck-it Ralph's gaming world features no such device, it could be explained in typical half-ass fashion that a glitch from attempting to enter Space Paranoids results in landing in the Wreck-It Ralph world. Also, for those who think Space Paranoids could not be visited again because there is no more material to draw from, I'll remind you that both Atlantica and Halloweentown have appeared twice the latter despite having no sequel to draw from and the former having nothing to do with the sequel but instead retelling the original with a silly interactive musical.

warrior of darkness
08-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Anyone agreed with Gilgamesh being in KHIII?

Mercen-X
08-20-2013, 12:33 AM
If they did, I bet 40,000 zenny that they'd create an original Kingdom Hearts version of him (there are too many versions to choose from otherwise)

ZonkoTony
08-20-2013, 01:37 AM
They should go to real world Earth in KH3 and explore new york city like in GTA

Red Mage Coffman
08-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Well. Looking at this list, I've been beat to a lot of the points I wanted to make. Except for these~

I ALWAYS wanted more Final Fantasy themed worlds. Like. Would that kill them? I'm not asking for like, Gaia or The World of Ruin, no, no, I mean just little things, like for example.. Oh.. Well.. This is actually a little tougher then I thought. I dunno.. I feel bad now, I can't support my idea with ideas! ;.; Next!

More oppurtunities to fight with Final Fantasy characters! And I mean to have them in your party, not just as people who fight with you for like, five seconds against some weak Heartless! (Looking at YOU Kingdom Hearts 2!) I mean.. Having Auron in your team was SO badass. So having more of them in worlds to actually FIGHT with would be awesome. And I know, you got to Disney themed worlds, you get Disney themed allies and that's that. I guess that's why I want more Final Fantasy characters involved.. Anyways, I've ranted to much. Opinions?

Mercen-X
08-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Maybe Sora could "dive" into Cloud's heart to help with his Sephiroth issues and the world would resemble the Lifestream/Cloud's unconscious.

I think having the Disney characters shoved into your group would be less annoying if like Monsieur iconic Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, they could have a bit of alternate outfit. You know, I think the point of the first game restricting the main Disney characters to their worlds was to cement your relationship with Donald and Goofy, but now that's done, I'd like to have access to a more customizable party. I want to travel around and have Aladdin, Mulan, or Tarzan in my group while fighting down in the Underworld and be able to give them new equipment. I think that's the major reason why the Disney characters feel so different. It's not that they're not iconic and impressive. It's that you don't get much time with them. For the Final Fantasy characters, we've spent years with them in our party, controlling them in their own games. Unless you played a slew of games based on the Disney movies, you don't have that same level of connection with the Disney characters.

New York... Is there a Disney movie that features New York or Los Angeles or Las Vegas? I think the closest thing Final Fantasy has to a real-world is VII's Midgar or perhaps the upcoming world featured in XV.

warrior of darkness
08-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Then what would a Kingdom Hearts Gilgamesh look like?

Mercen-X
08-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Have no foggiest. Maybe a mesh of all the Gils we've seen so far? Four arms, four swords, a wide-brimmed hat like Yojimbo's, splashes of red and gold, plate armor, cape... and a Heartless ally named Enkidu.

warrior of darkness
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
or just the Gilgamesh that appeared in FFV, and dissidia 012.