PDA

View Full Version : The Video Game Effect

ValorsWolf
06-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Hello You! The person who's chosen to drop by and read this! I come here with a topic of good discussion. I like to call this the video game effect! I am a person who has lived my life influenced and inspired by what I find from video games! A video I will attach with this topic explains in more depth what I mean by this which I would love if you could take the time to watch! If you do not wish to watch the video I'll leave the topic of conversation here for you to jump straight in to if you have stories or opinions to share:

Have video games had an effect in your real life? Have you done things because of video games and are there things which are big within your life that you thank video games for helping you have?

watch?v=ooET_05yu3c

DanielCLFFF13
06-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I guess at some point video games really help a lot. Example when I was upset. I played video games. When I was happy. I played video games. :D
But the things that I really love from video games is some wise words that taught me so much, well some of them hehe :D
Those words were sometimes made me pensive to think about it.

From Final Fantasy 13 Sequel
Lightning Farron "It's not a question can or can't. There are somethings in life you just do."
Serah Farron "When the path ahead is too dark to see, sometimes it's important to just keep going."
Oerba Dia Vanille "Even if we were chasing shadow, our minds were made up. We'd realized along the way that choice was the only thing we had left. Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even came close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried."
Oerba Yun Fang "When prayers turn to promises not even fate can stand in their way."
Sazh Katzroy "But there are somethings that you just can't change."
Hope Estiem "The world's full of lies. There's is no way of knowing what's right. All we can do is believe in ourselves. It's easy to sit back and let people trick you. I might not make all the right choices. But as long as I'm the one who decided what to do, there's nothing to regret."Noel Kreiss "But, the past is what makes us who we are, defines us as people. The future that we're aiming for, that's the thing we can change. No matter how bad things have been, wihtout that past I wouldn't be who I am now."

From Assassin Creed 3
I just got a few second to wrote this. So sorry if there are words that wrong.
Norris (or Noris) "Name can change but people stay the same, isn't that right Connor?"

And many more, may not be enough if I write it all down. :D
The point is video games not that bad if we look the positive at some point. Some words of the games might teach us something more valuable. Example wise words from the games it self.
But every person is different, and this is my opinion :)

Pike
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Games have and continue to make a huge difference in my life, helping me get through the toughest times and teaching me lessons that I am much too dorky and socially awkward to have figured out otherwise. I'd go into some specific examples but I feel I've brought them up before and I think I'd be retreading old ground.

I did once write a whole novel inbetween turns of Civ IV! That game was the only thing keeping me sane as I wrote.

ValorsWolf
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I guess at some point video games really help a lot. Example when I was upset. I played video games. When I was happy. I played video games. :D
But the things that I really love from video games is some wise words that taught me so much, well some of them hehe :D
Those words were sometimes made me pensive to think about it.

From Final Fantasy 13 Sequel
Lightning Farron "It's not a question can or can't. There are somethings in life you just do."
Serah Farron "When the path ahead is too dark to see, sometimes it's important to just keep going."
Oerba Dia Vanille "Even if we were chasing shadow, our minds were made up. We'd realized along the way that choice was the only thing we had left. Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even came close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried."
Oerba Yun Fang "When prayers turn to promises not even fate can stand in their way."
Sazh Katzroy "But there are somethings that you just can't change."
Hope Estiem "The world's full of lies. There's is no way of knowing what's right. All we can do is believe in ourselves. It's easy to sit back and let people trick you. I might not make all the right choices. But as long as I'm the one who decided what to do, there's nothing to regret."Noel Kreiss "But, the past is what makes us who we are, defines us as people. The future that we're aiming for, that's the thing we can change. No matter how bad things have been, wihtout that past I wouldn't be who I am now."

From Assassin Creed 3
I just got a few second to wrote this. So sorry if there are words that wrong.
Norris (or Noris) "Name can change but people stay the same, isn't that right Connor?"

And many more, may not be enough if I write it all down. :D
The point is video games not that bad if we look the positive at some point. Some words of the games might teach us something more valuable. Example wise words from the games it self.
But every person is different, and this is my opinion :)

I absolutely agree with this! Sometimes a simple line or two, present in a game and not present anywhere else is enough reason to turn to games to find some amazing qoutes to remember or even live life by!

An example from me would be what Kain says in Soul Reaver 2:

'Suppose you flip a coin enough times... Suppose one day, It lands on it's Edge'

I think of this the same with a lot of things in life, when you think you only have two choices sometimes there's a third option that will only happen once in a million years but there is ALWAYS a chance for everyone to experience one of these experiences even once during their lives. I relate it a lot to coincidence and fate and it helps me have a more open view to possibilities!

Pike that's amazing man strong words I really do think there are times in life where something like a game can help you through the worst of times it is truly incredible!

Quindiana Jones
07-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Video games taught me that the real world is shit, real people are shit, and it's much better to just stay indoors and avoid both.

Flaming Ice
07-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Video games taught me that the real world is trout, real people are trout, and it's much better to just stay indoors and avoid both.

And kill things...you go to jail if you kill things in real life :cry:

Quindiana Jones
07-05-2013, 04:38 AM
Lies. I have never been caught.

Shaibana
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
i think video games have helped me to be patience.
it relaxes me when im stressed or anxious.
playing games is really a relieve for me..

eeuuhhm.. i dont know how to explain it!!
ill sleep on it and come back to it later! ;)

Mercen-X
07-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Video games have long been inspiring me to make my own video games. Of course, I've always been more of a writer and concept artist and never bothered trying to learn how to actually make a game. But if I were to group with people who could actually make a workable game, I would struggle hard and give my damnedest to make sure it was better than the games I played that always felt like "there's just something missing" always always always. RPGs, Fighters, FPS, Brawlers, Shooters, Racers, Sandlots, Action-Adventures, whatever, there's always something you were hoping to see that didn't appear sometimes because it just didn't quite make it into the final cut.

I also like the idea of advanced realism in games. Games make achievements feel so easily attained. In most modern games, even dying isn't permanent. In Grand Theft Auto, you can slaughter thousands and barely feel the wrath of the authorities. If you're so infamous as to have the military chasing after you, shouldn't there be mobs of people hunting you too? I mean, it certainly depends on what you've done. If you're playing as some mass-murderer, people would likely try to avoid you, but if you've been running down hookers with your car, that might warrant some mob to exact vigilante justice. And what about the hospital and prison? You get in and out of both with only a few hundred dollars as a penalty. I think the hospital visit and prison stay should be part of the experience. GTA usually doesn't feature a game over, but what if you were assassinated while strapped to a gurney with an IV in your arm or shanked in prison while trying to avoid making more trouble as you served your time. Speaking of which, I'm frankly surprised there aren't a large amount of prison games, there has been plenty of prison movies and shows: Shawshank, Alcatraz, Green Mile, Oz, Prison Break, Death Race, Death Warrant, and even a scene in Watchmen all showing a little and little more about what life is like in prison. Why not make the experience be a little more interactive? Why not make a game where you can actually be sent to prison for the shite you pull out in the "sandlot" and then have to negotiate your survival?

Brendon77
07-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Video games are actually teach kid and level of thinking skill is high.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Video games are actually teach kid and level of thinking skill is high.

This is utterly magnificent.

Mahad
07-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Games inspire me to write, draw and listen to good music. They are the reason I'm studying computers at college. They also have some pretty good quotes, and some fun facts. They help me relax, too, and are great fun with friends. Nothing to deep, but all fun stuff.