PDA

View Full Version : PS3 troubles

dandy da oak
06-24-2013, 09:42 AM
My PS3 recently started making weird grindy noises and randomly freezing/suffering from extreme slowdown. I don't think it's scratching up the disks or anything, but something seems really bad.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem might be and how to go about fixing it? It's out of warranty sadly but I really want to play The Last of Us without spending too much extra cash :(

Pheesh
06-25-2013, 04:30 AM
Mine does this. It did it for the first time about a year ago, and now it is very sporadic with when it will turn on. I will get a yellow light most times that I try to turn it on, but if I persist then it will occasionally turn itself on and play games normally. I would pretty much say that your PS3 is on it's last legs, start backing up all your saves and whatnot, just to be safe.

However, I used to lay my playstation horizontally, and when I started standing it up vertically it did at least stop the grinding noise, so you give that a try.

dandy da oak
06-25-2013, 07:32 AM
I had to reformat my harddrive at one point 'cause it was being a pain, so I haven't got any of the save files (not that I lost anything too devastating). But I will have to try standing it upright and hope that it works for me! Thank you, Happy Noodle Boy :)