PDA

View Full Version : A genie gives you three wishes.

Pike
06-25-2013, 02:20 AM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/genie.gif

What do you wish for?

You cannot wish for more wishes, more genies, more magic lamps, etc.

Other than that no holds barred.

Skyblade
06-25-2013, 02:24 AM
The ability to create computer programs that function as I desire merely by thinking about them.

The knowledge necessary to make interstellar travel practical.

A just and lasting peace among all living things.

Hollycat
06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
to live in my chosen form, whatever that may be.

for the ability to be reincarnated when I die infinite times in whatever universe and time I choose.

for the ability to grant one person the choice to be reincarnated with me so we can go on adventures forever.

Raistlin
06-25-2013, 02:37 AM
1. Mind reading/control powers
2. Telekinesis
3. An orange for a head

Værn
06-25-2013, 03:14 AM
I'd use the first wish to remember who I am.
Then I'd use the second wish to undo the first wish.
Finally, having lost my memory of the first two wishes and confused about the whole situation, I'd wish to remember who I am.

Laddy
06-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Thread over. Leave. That post cannot be bested.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-25-2013, 07:35 AM
1. Ability to freeze time so I can create moments where I can just sit down and write on even the most hectic of days.

2. Get a teaching job.

3. The ability to live out any scenario I wish in my dreams as a means to explore various story ideas I have.

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM
1. Veto power over other people's wishes.

Tigmafuzz
06-25-2013, 08:13 AM
1. Wish for Shorty to stop being wrong all the time
2. Realize that takes a huge chunk out of my entertainment and wish for her to be wrong again so I can continue to make fun of her
3. Wish that I hadn't wasted my first 2 wishes and then reuse them to become the first female president-astronaut-scientist-philosopher-Olympian on Mars and get veto power over Quin's veto powers

Why do you tempt me so?

Option 1: Wish for a magic journal that makes anything written inside it come true, either write in the journal or use another genie wish to make yourself the only person who can write in the journal.

Option 2: Make 2 wishes, then wish that the genie forget that he has already granted you 2 wishes, and then tell him you still have two more wishes.

Option 3: Wish for the ability to travel to parallel universes of your own creation (assuming they don't already exist), where everything is the same except the version of you in that universe didn't find the genie, so that you can go to that universe and find the genie yourself, and then travel to another universe and get more genies.

Then wish for magic journals using those genies.

Then write in the journals that you want more genies.

And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
2. Travel through time and space to meet Tig yesterday afternoon.

Pike
06-25-2013, 10:21 AM

Why do you tempt me so?

Option 1: Wish for a magic journal that makes anything written inside it come true, either write in the journal or use another genie wish to make yourself the only person who can write in the journal.

Option 2: Make 2 wishes, then wish that the genie forget that he has already granted you 2 wishes, and then tell him you still have two more wishes.

Option 3: Wish for the ability to travel to parallel universes of your own creation (assuming they don't already exist), where everything is the same except the version of you in that universe didn't find the genie, so that you can go to that universe and find the genie yourself, and then travel to another universe and get more genies.

Then wish for magic journals using those genies.

Then write in the journals that you want more genies.

And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

The "etc." implies that none of those are gonna work. Sorry bro

Night Fury
06-25-2013, 10:32 AM
1. I would wish to be a Billionaire.

2. I would wish to have some super strength/super fitness thing going on.

3. I would wish that Michael Caine was my Butler.

Jinx
06-25-2013, 10:58 AM
1. David Tennant and Matt Smith become my love slaves.

...you know, I don't think I need my other two wishes.

DanielCLFFF13
06-25-2013, 11:02 AM
1. To have the power to make other's wishes come true.
2. To make other happy
3. To make everyone smile

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 11:38 AM
3. Own a fully functioning Death Note.

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
1.) To have my dog back
2.) To be able to take care of my parents financially and take away all of their worries... And to keep both of my parents alive forever. Especially my dad.
3.) To have my baby back, and for her (& me) to stay the same ages we are

Yerushalmi
06-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I only need one: I'd wish to live in a world that is perfectly suited for me in every way.

Any smart-aleck LiteralGenie interpretation, like making me drugged out on morphine and constantly happy, or having things so perfect that I'm bored of it, or whatever, wouldn't be perfectly suited for me, now, would it? And anything else I could want is part of that world.

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I wish I could sing. I love singing.

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
1. The ability to instantly and effortlessly teleport myself and others - even when I'm not near them - wherever I want without any bad results (in other words, no government cares when random people teleport about, I can charge what I like should I need the cash, I never accidentally teleport anyone into a vacuum or a wall so that they die or anything, no weird health side effects to me or others, etc).

2. For my friends and family to all suddenly own lovely big houses of my choosing in ten different locations of my choosing (yes, that means ten lovely big houses each). Chances are those locations will include Auckland, Edinburgh, Tokyo, Stockholm, Menorca, California and I'd have to think about the rest, but I'm sure they'd be pretty awesome. I might just make them really expensive locations so we can all sell those ones off when we need cash. The ones in the nice places like Auckland don't need to be mansions, just really nice places, so I'd pick them out carefully.

3. The ability for myself and my friends/family to extend time whenever we want to by up to eight hours per day without any side effects (including aging). Just so we can have the time to do the thing that we want.

Basically I really want to be able to do what I want in life when/where I want without any notable issues coming up out of it. I want to have all my friends and family accessable to me. I want them to be happy, and I want me to be happy. I want to have time to learn things and I want to have time to play games. I want to have time for other people. I want to do all that without having to be the one jumping back and forth all day teleporting people, so if I get a text message from Rantz saying he wants to visit Jamaica, I want to be able to just think "bam, done" and that's that sorted. Hopefully he's not in the shower when I read his text.

Yerushalmi
06-25-2013, 01:42 PM
2. For my friends and family to all suddenly own lovely big houses of my choosing in ten different locations of my choosing (yes, that means ten lovely big houses each). Chances are those locations will include Auckland, Edinburgh, Tokyo, Stockholm, Menorca, California and I'd have to think about the rest, but I'm sure they'd be pretty awesome. I might just make them really expensive locations so we can all sell those ones off when we need cash. The ones in the nice places like Auckland don't need to be mansions, just really nice places, so I'd pick them out carefully.

3. The ability for myself and my friends/family to extend time whenever we want to by up to eight hours per day without any side effects (including aging). Just so we can have the time to do the thing that we want.

For 2, why not just ask for the ability to wave your hand and transfer ownership of a house to anyone you like? For 3, why "up to eight hours" rather than "as much as we like"?

You have a genie and you're placing arbitrary limits on your own wishes. Seriously, man :p

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Because I don't want to throw people out on the streets and force people to move because my friend wants their house. :p

Yerushalmi
06-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Because I don't want to throw people out on the streets and force people to move because my friend wants their house. :p

Then if your intention all along was "houses created out of nothingness", you can ask for that power instead.

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Maybe I wasn't expecting my wishes to be analysed and would have thought longer and harder about it were a genie to pop up and ask me such a question. >=P

Yerushalmi
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe I wasn't expecting my wishes to be analysed

Maybe you're in the wrong forum! :p

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Haha, fair play!

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Spoiler: Yerushalmi is actually a genie and will grant the three best wishes.

Madame Adequate
06-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Maybe I wasn't expecting my wishes to be analysed

Maybe you're in the wrong forum! :p

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/Automilf/you-just-got-learned-o_zps8814b457.gif

Anyway my wishes:

1. I wish for the power to have total control over time, the ability to slow, accelerate, etc. it and to move to any point along any timeline I have experienced. So I can go back to being ten, fuck around as a kid for a month, then come back to right now in my current timeline, etc.

2. I wish for psychic powers. The ability to read and control minds.

3. I wish for the ability to read any printed material thoroughly simply by touching the page, the book's spine, etc.

I considered Skyblade's first wish for #3 but I can just go learn how to program in like two minutes so it's good enough plus I gain shitloads of other potential.

Shiny
06-25-2013, 03:42 PM
1. Global end to racism
2. Teleportation powers or a teleporter that actually works and I can control i.e. doesn't take me to places I didn't want to go.
3. A cure for every autoimmune disorder: cancer, AIDS, arthritis, lupus

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
I remember an episode of X Files with a genie, and the Male Agent wished for world peace. The genie responded by removing all other people on Earth.

I imagine that's how two of Shiny's wishes would play out. xD

maybee
06-25-2013, 03:48 PM
1 To be pretty because I'm ugly as shit and look like a rejected troll from the sewers ugh ugh.

2 My Mum to have $ billion, rich house with pool cars and bodyguards because she deserves it

3 To wish the Genie free. Aladdin taught me that having a free Genie has a best friend can be pretty neat. :jess:

Madame Adequate
06-25-2013, 03:49 PM
I remember an episode of X Files with a genie, and the Male Agent wished for world peace. The genie responded by removing all other people on Earth.

I imagine that's how two of Shiny's wishes would play out. xD

Isn't that how one of the endings to Twisted Metal goes?

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I thought that was how every ending played out. :confused:

Pumpkin
06-25-2013, 04:07 PM
1. For my son to be happy.
2. For me to be happy.

Alive-Cat
06-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Cats. With big faces. Really big ones. And make them round, and with cup holders in them, and they speak only in rays of sunshine.

Yerushalmi
06-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Spoiler: Yerushalmi is actually a genie and will grant the three best wishes.
Quint, I've warned you before of what happens when you reveal my secrets. You know what I have to do now.

Araciel
06-25-2013, 06:32 PM
1. Boobs

Inferno
06-25-2013, 06:44 PM
1. Boobs

ooooooor

1. Time travel
2. Be so freaking smart I could invent cures for cancer, aids, etc
3. Hesitating between the hability to fly or to teleport

black orb
06-26-2013, 10:18 AM
>>> 1- Freeze time goddammit!, so I can finish all the stupid work in just a few seconds..:luca:
2- kiss my ass
3- i dont care..

Vincent, Thunder God
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
world peace

LunarWeaver
06-28-2013, 01:36 AM
What I need at the moment to appear. Need $267.25 dollars for groceries at check out... Why, it's in my pocket!

I reckon most people would love total control over time.

The ability to posses others until I choose to leave or my silly little host dies and I eject automatically.

The goal is to have the three work together to let me live various lives in various times at my leisure. Sometimes exciting ones, sometimes a nobody, maybe sometimes redo parts of my own life. Ya know, posses someone, leave them, hit a time reset button to ensure I didn't screw the world up more than it is, and repeat. The first is so I'm never wanting for anything too badly (e.g. essentials such as food and water appear if I'm not quite ready to die yet) or reduce tedious tasks if I'm not in the mood for some grand adventurer's lifespan (e.g. a test with perfect answers manifests on my desk at the last minute of class). I'm sure people smarter than I am can drive limos through the holes in all this and point out how none of that would work out, but it's a forum so whatever.

Sephex
06-28-2013, 03:01 AM
1.) I can pause time and will not age when time is paused (if I die or become incapacitated, time will resume so I don't screw over the universe).

2.) The ability to travel anywhere at anytime unharmed.

3.) To resurrect the Dragon King and take him to prom.

Shorty
06-28-2013, 04:10 AM
1. To bring back all of the extinct creatures and species (including unicorns, but not the dinosaurs - nobody wants to see that)
2. The ability to live with our brothers and sisters and mother earth and the heavens as one without contention and hate and to just live and be happy!
3. World peace :jess:

escobert
06-28-2013, 05:36 AM
My own Island to rule
a couple billion dollars
and a giant castle on the island for me!

Yerushalmi
06-28-2013, 05:42 AM
My own Island to rule
a couple billion dollars

On an island that I own, I'll be rested and alone... surrounded by enormous piles of money!

Vincent, Thunder God
06-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Alright here's the plan.

The ultimate desert island.

A zombie invasion.

A drug cartel attacks.

Calamity ensues.

Mirage
06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
My own Island to rule
a couple billion dollars

What a waste of a wish. You could just have wished for a few more billion dollars and bought/have someone build you a castle on that island, then used your last wish on something that is normally impossible.

As for my wishes:

Being able to shapeshift into anything I want.
Telekinesis with both high precision and high strength. The possibilities are nearly endless with that.
Super regeneration that also stops me from aging. This and shapeshifting would let me fake aging, so that people didn't think I was some sort of freak. When I "died", I could just start over as a child again by shifting my shape to some random kid.

With all this, I have a feeling that I wouldn't really need "a billion dollars" or other material stuff. I could probably amass almost anything I wanted pretty easily, both by legal and illegal means. Also, thought control, while powerful, is totally lame and removes any sort of challenge. There's no fun in that!

Hollycat
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Alright here's the plan.

The ultimate desert island.

A zombie invasion.

A drug cartel attacks.

Calamity ensues.

So... Dead Island?

Raistlin
06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
1. To bring back all of the extinct creatures and species (including unicorns, but not the dinosaurs - nobody wants to see that)

You do realize that this would likely kill almost all of us as well as most other life on the planet... right?

Shorty
06-28-2013, 11:55 PM
No, Wesley. We can all live together in peace!

Except Chris. He's not invited. He gets the boot with the dinosaurs.

escobert
06-29-2013, 02:29 AM
My own Island to rule
a couple billion dollars

What a waste of a wish. You could just have wished for a few more billion dollars and bought/have someone build you a castle on that island, then used your last wish on something that is normally impossible.

As for my wishes:

Telekinesis with both high precision and high strength. The possibilities are nearly endless with that.
Super regeneration that also stops me from aging. This and shapeshifting would let me fake aging, so that people didn't think I was some sort of freak. When I "died", I could just start over as a child again by shifting my shape to some random kid.

With all this, I have a feeling that I wouldn't really need "a billion dollars" or other material stuff. I could probably amass almost anything I wanted pretty easily, both by legal and illegal means. Also, thought control, while powerful, is totally lame and removes any sort of challenge. There's no fun in that!

Maybe not all of us care to shape shift and crap like that. Saying someone has "wasted" their wishes is ridiculous. We all have different values of things.

krissy
06-29-2013, 06:19 AM
i would undo all your wishes

Mirage
06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
My own Island to rule
a couple billion dollars

As for my wishes:

Maybe not all of us care to shape shift and crap like that. Saying someone has "wasted" their wishes is ridiculous. We all have different values of things.

No no, you totally misunderstand. Wanting a castle is fine, wanting your own island is fine, wanting extreme wealth is fine too. I'm saying you shouldn't waste one of your wishes on something you could easily get through one of your other wishes.

It's a bit like wishing for 5 trillion dollars and then wish for a glass of milk. Wanting a glass of milk is fine, but why spend a wish on it when you have 5 trillion dollars and could just buy it instead?

Buy your castle with your money, then wish for something else than a castle, like... I dunno. Something that can't be bought with money.

Some wishes can indeed be wasted, yes. If I met a genie and spent my wishes on a spoon, pen and a steak, yes, those three wishes would have been completely wasted.

Citizen Bleys
06-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Speaking of genies:

Jiro, Shorty, and Iceglow are walking along together and they see a huge swimming pool. A genie appears in front of them and says "This is a magic swimming pool. When you jump in and say a word, the water in the pool will transform into whatever you've just said."

Jiro goes first. He gets a big grin on his face, takes a running start, leaps, and shouts "Lager!" He lands in a massive swimming pool full of beer and gets completely wasted.

Shorty goes next. She likewise grins, takes a running start, leaps, and shouts "Gin!" She lands in a massive swimming pool full of gin and gets completely wasted.

Iceglow goes last. He chuckles in anticipation, takes a running start, trips, and shouts "SHIT!"

Yerushalmi
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't mind a swimming pool full of trout. I could start a fish-selling business.

Citizen Bleys
06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Try reading that post with Forum Runner.

Dat Matt
06-29-2013, 10:34 PM
1. To become a prince.
2. To be saved from drowning.
3. To set the Genie Free.

Yerushalmi
06-29-2013, 10:37 PM
1. To become a prince.
2. To be saved from drowning.
3. To set the Genie Free.

You seem quite certain you're destined to drown!

Formalhaut
06-29-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm going to sound like a right evil person but:

1. Restore world peace.
2. Wish for another genie to get more wishes
3. Wish for three more wishes

I can pretty much abuse the system by repeating steps 2-3.

Shorty
06-29-2013, 10:45 PM
It's a well-known rule that you can't wish for more wishes. :colbert:

Formalhaut
06-29-2013, 10:53 PM
It's a well-known rule that you can't wish for more wishes. :colbert:

Well then I'd wish for the rule change. I'll wish the rules to change if I have to.

Bunny
06-29-2013, 10:55 PM
1. Immortality and perfect health.
2. Complete and utter mastery over every language that exists.
3. 534 million dollars obtained in a legal, tax-exempt way.

Shorty
06-29-2013, 11:04 PM
You're a little rebel, aren't you!

Parker
06-29-2013, 11:25 PM
1. Moist loins.

Bunny
06-30-2013, 12:41 AM
You're a little rebel, aren't you!

Who is a what now?

Shorty
06-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Oh, not you. That was for Formy.

Formalhaut
06-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Oh, not you. That was for Formy.

:aimkiss:

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2013, 08:30 AM
I want my dad better.

He's worse. And I know I'm gonna lose him probably soon. This isn't working for me.

ShunNakamura
06-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Don't you all know never to trust such creatures?!

http://s7.postimg.org/t69y6x0pl/193_blue_eyes_comic_green_eyes_long_hair_magic.jpg

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks for being a total fun sucker. Haha

ShunNakamura
07-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks for being a total fun sucker. Haha

There we go, if I were the trusting sort, I would wish for the mythical power of the thread killer. Any thread I post in shall never have another post made in it. I shall be the scourge of the internet and all shall fear me!

But I am not the trusting sort, at least not towards those kinds of people! And as such I will never possess such magnificent powers!