PDA

View Full Version : Warframe

Bolivar
06-25-2013, 04:05 AM

Has anyone else checked this out yet? Warframe is a Free-to-Play co-op third person shooter available right now on Steam and will also be a launch title for PS4.

I'm pretty impressed with how nice the game looks and runs with no tweaking or optimization needed and so far it's been an absolute blast to play. You basically infiltrate space stations/ships and clear out enemies, recover objectives, sabotage engines, etc. It's reminiscent of Gears of War, if only because of the engine's history with the Unreal series, but you play as very fast cyborg-ninja type killing machines who can slide, wall-run, vault, roll, and more as they run all over the place shooting up enemies or slicing them to bits with katana-esque blades. The levels are procedurally generated and I could see how it might get repetitive, but there's tons of customization and a learning curve for mastering all the movement techniques and stringing them together.

A lot of these things sound familiar, but put together in a smooth gameplay experience and the ease of grouping up and playing with friends, I totally recommend checking it out, especially considering it's free.

Skyblade
06-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Is there a campaign mode? And, if so, how is the story?

Bolivar
06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
There's no campaign mode per se, but you can play it solo. The story is also very barebones, it's really just meant to carry you into these levels. It's very sci-fi space opera-esque, something about the future and an evil army, and you're these warrior/machines from a time long past brought back to help free people or something. Some guy just mentioned something about some evil sisters running the show... I don't know.

But yeah, it's all about getting into these co-op levels with your friends and just having fun. Think Diablo with an Unreal Tournament aesthetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbt6yPaJ7sU