PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta Code Giveaway!

Del Murder
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Are you interested in joining some of your fellow EoFFers in playing the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta? Do you own a PS3? If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes', then you're in luck!

Square-Enix has been gracious enough to give us access to several PS3 beta codes for the upcoming FFXIV:ARR beta phase three so you can start playing this weekend! And I do mean several.

If you are interested in a code please post in this thread telling us why you are excited about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Even though we have many codes to give away, the quantity is limited, so this will be on a first come, first serve basis. You will shortly receive a private message with your code.

Be sure to say 'hi' to your fellow EoFFers in the game. Most of us will be playing on Sargatanas, and our official Linkshell is Fat Chocobos (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/134423-fat-chocobos-linkshell-thread.html). Also make sure you post about your experiences in this forum!

Concerned
06-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm certainly interested in trying this out. I missed out on 1.x and I used to love Final Fantasy (my heart is always going to be with VII!), but I am curious to see what it's like after hearing people rave about it.

ThornQueen
06-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I've been a huge fan of Final Fantasy since I was about 7 years old. I've always had a tough time getting in to mmo's aside from the fact I could play with friends, but when the original FFXIV came out I was eager to try it out. Well, after my friends bailed on the original after the beta it kind of died out for me to... BUT THEN BAM. All of my complaints with it have finally been addressed, and I'm eager to see how it has changed.

I can finally play an mmo with music that I like, scenery that I love, and classes/races that I'll enjoy. I definitely want to play either a lancer, archer, or maybe even a bard for the first time.

Jinx
06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Man, I wish I had a PS3. :(

*goes out and buys one....maybe*

Ouch!
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
This coming weekend is Phase 3, Test 3. We are not in phase four yet. Phase four is open beta, which would defeat the purpose of giving out passes as they'll no longer be exclusive.

chaosweapon
06-25-2013, 04:45 PM
The reason why I want to participate in the beta is because as a Final Fantasy fan I want to try out this game. From what I've heard, A Realm Reborn is much better and enjoyable than the original Final Fantasy XIV. I have high hopes for this game and look forward to playing it. I would also like to play with other Final Fantasy fans such as myself.

mutelava
06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I really loved FF14 and owned the previews version, I've played it up until they shut down the servers, Even through the game wasn't perfect I still enjoyed it and kept playing it. the quests were fun and leveling up system and changing jobs was the best.

silkspith
06-25-2013, 05:08 PM
If you are interested in a code please post in this thread telling us why you are excited about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Simply put, I played 1.0 for a grand total of 4 days before realizing it was a trainwreck. After following beta progress on Reddit, the buzz around the game is amazing and I'm excited to see the changes myself.

LocoColt04
06-25-2013, 05:21 PM
The timing couldn't have been better, guys. (I'm not seeking a code; I can download the PS3 client and login with my PC beta account.) I'm glad we're able to help so many people get into Phase 3!

For what it's worth, my input all the same:

I loved a lot of the concepts in the original FFXIV, but was desperately awaiting the PS3 release because the videocard I had at launch could not support the game. By the time I had a newer card, everyone I knew who was playing had already quit, and I don't go into MMOs alone. So, I have a PC collector's edition of 1.0 sitting on a shelf completely unused. Watching it fall apart toward the end, I was glad Square Enix opted for a reboot. I've been in the PC beta for a little while now and it feels fantastic. I'm purchasing the PS3 collector's edition this time around, but will likely play across both platforms.

tl;dr:

I'm excited because I bought the first version and never got to play it.

(friendly end-post reminder NOT to send me a code)

aerif
06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm excited about "A Realm Reborn" because I never had the opportunity to play either FFXI or FFXIV despite being a long-term fan of the series due to financial reasons (as well as having an unfortunately disappointing computer), but want this opportunity to even get a chance to see what I'm actually missing out on.

Getting a real chance to play Final Fantasy in a social capacity and having all of the aspects of an MMO is something I'd adore to have.

I've not really been lucky at getting into Betas before so this could be the time, I might actually end up buying the game and paying the subscription fee :D

EyrminDraconis
06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Looking forward to the reboot of FFXIV because it may be the game that gets my wife to play MMOs again. We met while playing EQ, then picked up WoW a few months after launch, but got bored after a while, and she drifted away from MMOs. I played 1.x for a while and she seemed interested, and we've been eagerly following the Dev blogs and new info now that the NDA has been lifted.

Lonedove
06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I played FF14 and loved it. It made me a bit sad when it slowly became less populated. I'm very interested in getting the PS3 code for FFXIV:ARR. I want to grow with the community and see the progress from the very beginning.

Professorjosh
06-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Me and my friends are very excited about this game. We have been playing mmos together for over 7 years now and have been king of faded away as we haven't been able to find a new one that we enjoy. A few of my friends are in the beta(but can't talk about it due to the nda) I would love to be able to have a chance to play with them again.

metagloria
06-25-2013, 06:33 PM
I've been an FF fan since the original, which I got hooked on 23 years ago. I've played all of them except for 11 (slow internet at the time, didn't want to pay a monthly fee, etc.), so I've missed out on the thrill and intrigue of an MMO. I've never played any MMORPGs, actually, so what better place to start? I love everything I've seen and read about XIV 2.0, and am really proud of Square-Enix for admitting their problems and dedicating so much energy to correct them, so I really want to see what it's all about for myself.

Humbly requesting that you would graciously bestow upon me one of your plethora of codes,
Matt
@squalltimore

Kartoffel
06-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey, I'm a total newbie to the site, but I saw this and really would love a key for my friend and guild leader ;_;

thank you!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I'd like a code if one is available! I've been interested in XIV since it first released. A Realm Reborn looks fantastic, and it would be good to play an mmo with friends again.

generalleo
06-25-2013, 07:30 PM
FF11 was the first graphical MMO that got its hooks in me. Although it was probably too punishing, I really enjoyed the Jobs system and red mage artifact armor looked so good. Looking forward to FF14 bringing modernity into the gameplay experience while still keeping all of its classic panache.

MasterClasser
06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
I have never played a Final Fantasy MMO before but have played numerous other MMOs. All my guildies have played the Final Fantasy XIV beta and tell me how great the game is. I would be really excited if I could give it a try! Thanks! :D

mellowyellow87
06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
FFXIV:ARR is a game I have been looking forward to since it was first announced after the debacle that was 1.0. everything I've heard about the game since has been positive and gameplay videos have only cemented my desire to retry the game.

As an old school ffxi PS2 player who migrated to PC after being frustrated over and over again by the controls, i'd be very very interested to see for myself how the highly lauded controls are in FFXIV:ARR!

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I love FF games, I played XI since the NA release. I've been waiting for XIV:ARR since it was first announced and have heard nothing but great things. Would love to get into the beta and help test it and experience it!

And yes, I also have a PS3 :D

electrichoney
06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
I have always been a Final Fantasy fan. My first ever Final Fantasy was IV and with the recent release of the Complete Collection, it was just incredible. I also played Final Fantasy XI for 6 years back in Middle School and High School and since I am currently a full time student in College, I have not had a chance to save up for a nice gaming computer and would really love to try this game on the PS3. Thanks!

JasoNintendo
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
I was a big fan of ffxi, and would love the opportunity to try out 14 on ps3 or pc. Thanks for the chance.

kyiske
06-25-2013, 07:37 PM
I would love a chance at a beta code! I recently got back into FFXI as a new Whm after an unsuccessful attempt at the original launch on the 360 and have found there are few people on when I am. Which has been making it difficult to progress where I stand now. So I've been excited about seeing the improvements to ARR and would love the chance to try this on my PS3. I've already made the decision to move to 14 the moment this launches. I just want to see first hand what I could get the chance to experience from the 'new' beginning.

rafaelfy
06-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Hello, EyesonFF. I actually alreeady have a key, so if that's a problem, I understand.

However, I want to find a code for my girlfriend. We're currently in a long distance relationship due to grad school choices and I want her to be able to experience this with me. Due to NDA, I can't even stream it for her.

Thank you.

JNew
06-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Hello,

I know you might give preference to people who are not new accounts, but if you still have keys I would love to give this game a shot, I've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

edit: I suppose I forgot to say why I'm excited heh. Reason one: Miqo'te. Reason two: Chocobos.

Thanks!

Hazukashi
06-25-2013, 07:44 PM
It's really nice and intresting game, I been playing almost all the series and I'd like to try the new version of it. Really big fan of it.. I hope I can get a key :)

brearj
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I played FFXI for 6 years on Shiva server and I played the beta of FFXIV:ARR and it didn't peak my interest, but watching and seeing all these new media for FFXIV:ARR got me excited for this game once again and hope to lead it in a great direction

Freya
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Hello,

I know you might give preference to people who are not new accounts, but if you still have keys I would love to give this game a shot, I've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Thanks!

Easy way to solve that :D Post more! We love newbies so you're all welcome to hop around our forums.

Alaessa
06-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone!

I played FFXI for years up until very recently and I have been keeping an eye on XIV to see if it would interest me. So far from what I have read and seen, it looks like it is going to be amazing! I would love the chance to try the beta with some of my friends that are already in. =)

Usaminya
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
OMG, I love this game and I can't wait to get a beta key, you guys are really awesome.. this game been great of all time and cant' wait to see FFXIV and play it!

JNew
06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Hello,

Thanks!

Easy way to solve that :D Post more! We love newbies so you're all welcome to hop around our forums.

Thanks hahah,

I've been talking about this game with people on other forums I frequent a lot, but I'll take a peek around here after work today!

quick edit: also I'm sure you realized by now but you have been linked to on said forums as of an hour or so ago, so there may be a lot of incoming posts!

Discouraged
06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I am excited for ARR because I can't wait to be part of whats shaping up to be an AWESOME community. Seriously, everyone is so friendly and helpful across all the forums and boards that I've been to. And looking at some of the screenshots and stories from people in the game, it just goes to show that a great community can make a game that much more enjoyable. I just want to be a part of that. Let me in! :D

YuiUzuki
06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Hey! I am also new here and would love to receive a code for the beta!

I am excited for this game mainly because I have been a huge MMO fan ( have played pretty much any one that came out recently.) but mainly because I have been a fan of Final Fantasy for about 18 years now but could never get into XI. Would love to take the opportunity to see how this game plays and visit the world of Eorzea before making my final decision on whether or not to pour countless hours into this game.

Night Fury
06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Hope all you new peeps posting for a code are gonna stick around! ;) We'd love to have you all!

CrunchitizeMeCapn
06-25-2013, 07:53 PM
I am really really looking forward to dungeoning and raiding in FFXIV:ARR! I watched the Ifirit party video on youtube and boy was that exciting! The graphics were amazing and the fight looked difficult, both things that I love from games. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

Discouraged
06-25-2013, 07:54 PM
quick edit: also I'm sure you realized by now but you have been linked to on said forums as of an hour or so ago, so there may be a lot of incoming posts!

I will second this statement. Brace yourselves. All MOD hands on deck! :D

Mande
06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
FFXIV ARR has everything I'm looking for in an MMORPG, I'm totally stoked for its official release.:D

Night Fury
06-25-2013, 07:57 PM
BTW Del I want one of these codes.

Purely so I can harass Loony BoB in game. Because that is what I'm most looking forward about ARR. Trolling Loony BoB, also Baby Behemoths. :heart:

Freya
06-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Haha yeah I did that ;) I figured those who follow the XIV subreddit would be more interested than any other in getting codes.

Chriso_FFXI
06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I would love an opportunity to play the Beta. I have been playing FFXI off and on over the past 10 years, and my friends and I are really looking forward to FFXIV. Most of my friends were invited to the Beta several weeks ago, I was one of the few left out...

otteranglais
06-25-2013, 08:00 PM
My first ever game was Final Fantasy III (6). I have played every single one of them religiously for years, sometimes buying consoles just to get them, and now my boyfriend, who doesn't even usually play them, has been playing the BETA :(

I'd love to play with him!!!!

Discouraged
06-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Haha yeah I did that ;) I figured those who follow the XIV subreddit would be more interested than any other in getting codes.

I owe you my thanks!

PS: Love your sig. I just completed FF9 at 4am this morning. Last time I saw the ending was about 10 years ago. It was just as awesome now as it was back then. They don't make 'em like they used to. :(

Zenyatta
06-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I am excited to play my very first MMO on the PS3. I played EQOA on the PS2 and Have loved the beta on the PC so far but want to test out my lonely PS3. The game has come a long way in a couple years and I could not be more excited to explore the awesome world of Eorzea.

JJoa
06-25-2013, 08:06 PM
You gotta be kidding me! Thank god I wasn't late, I been trying to get a key to play with my friends. They made it and got their beta access from the official website and I was in Duty, I couldn't make it. :-(

I really love the game, I have played a bit of the old version but I'd like to try the new one.. the graphic is just amazing and it really improved a lot and I'd love to play it and share my time on it and with my friends.

My kind regards, :-)
JJoa

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Hope all you new peeps posting for a code are gonna stick around! ;) We'd love to have you all!

I plan on sticking around, only just found out about this site.

Dark_Vincent
06-25-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm an old FFXI player and the friends I've made there are already in the Beta. I want to be reunited with them once again!

DC_Rocket859
06-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Is everyone excited for FFXIV:ARR? I know I am! I always loved the job system of Final Fantasy and this is definitely no exception. The classes seem really balanced and the combat also looks amazing to me. I hope I get a key so I can try out the FFXIV beta.

Best regards,
DC_Rocket859

Dark_Vincent
06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
I came from Reddit's subforum as well hahaha

Tape
06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
My first MMO was FFXI and even though I haven't played it in over 8 years I still have friends from my old Linkshell that I talk to everyday. I love the Final Fantasy universe and would love to share it with my girlfriend. I'd like for her to join me on the PS3 beta while I'm on the PC version. This beta key would be for her and she mentioned taking a few 'thank you' pictures if she gets a key!! Worth it.

Good luck to everyone!

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I should also include, I do have a PS3.

samasake
06-25-2013, 08:17 PM
The reason I would like a beta key is to play with my RL friends. I was given a key from SE two weeks ago and have been loving the game so far. I'm currently a lvl 15 gladiator and am having a blast. The only thing missing is friends! If I am lucky enough to be chosen I would give my key to a good friend and we'd be able to have a blast together! Thanks!

Hachiko
06-25-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd love a key! Reason being that I've played 1.0 Alpha/Beta and did not absolutely like it! I want to return and try out ARR so I can give it another shot and possibly pre-order it and play it when launch comes!

Thanks!

alikoneko
06-25-2013, 08:24 PM
My entire Tera guild is going here.

fencingkitty
06-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Finally a PS3 code giveaway!

I'm specifically seeking as a gift for a friend of mine. We played Final Fantasy XI for years and years with a tight~knit family of friends...seeing what things we could low man, cool areas we could find, occasionally logging one another in and leaving them naked on top of Castle Zvahl outside the Shadow Lord's throne room...

I've been fortunate enough to be in all the phases of beta so far and now that I can rant about how fantastic it is he can't wait to {Team up?} again with our other friends who were once long gone from XI and returned as a family again in Eorzea.

I've seen many pc code giveaways that unfortunately do him little good as ps3 is his only system currently. Here's hoping I'm in time to try bringing him into Eorzea to adventure again! >^.^< Thank you for the chance

Cural
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm especially excited about the revamped combat! It looks to be at a much faster pace with flashier visuals than 1.0. I'm also excited for the anticipated duty finder feature which will hopefully make forming parties easier. From all of the coverage I've seen and read from others, the seems to simply be amazing.

ibecomeless
06-25-2013, 08:30 PM
My wife and I have been long time fans of the FF series (it is part of how we met actually.) and we both played a great deal of FFXI. We would love to get started with the Beta of the PS3 version and are excited to play FFXIV together, even if we have to share right now during beta!

I have our PS3 updated and ready to go. We are ready to join at the next beta window!

Thank you for the opportunity. We hope there is a code left!

~C&J

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 08:34 PM
My wife and I have been long time fans of the FF series (it is part of how we met actually.) and we both played a great deal of FFXI. We would love to get started with the Beta of the PS3 version and are excited to play FFXIV together, even if we have to share right now during beta!

I have our PS3 updated and ready to go. We are ready to join at the next beta window!

Thank you for the opportunity. We hope there is a code left!

~C&J

I know EXACTLY where you come from with this. This is how me and my wife met, on XI! We plan on starting XIV together and enjoying many more years of adventure.

catheapp
06-25-2013, 08:35 PM
If I get a key then I'll be loyal to you guys forever :O

EvilBunnyFuFu
06-25-2013, 08:44 PM
(^-^*)/ What I am most excited about is party quests they are always so much fun with others! I love team work and supporting in games. Also would like to see how the story is like. I am for sure gonna choose a miqo'te race (too bad no bunnys lol)

Best of luck for everyone and congrats who does get it! ( ^-^)/

bendvlblue
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
I've been an avid Final Fantasy fan ever since playing FF7 on PS1. Although the latest ones like 13 were still good in a sense, FFXIV seems to be a return to the good ol' days and I wanted to experience the beta before official release. I'm excited for everything in the game, but specifically, I'm pretty excited for the class/job system. It seems interesting that one character can basically become everything, and the class I wanted to try right now was the archer and eventually a bard!

ibecomeless
06-25-2013, 08:53 PM
My wife and I got our start on FFXI together (part of how we met!) and we have loved the series ever since. We are both excited about the possibility of playing FFXIV because of the ability to play together with many other people in a world that is both English and Japanese (we speak both and want to interact with all!), the awesome people we get to play with (friends both local and abroad), and work together with everyone to have A BLAST! While she already has her PC digital download pre-order, I would love to try out the PS3 version (I'm going to pre-order anyway) and jump in with you all!

Looking forward to it! Please, I would love a code!

~C&J

(Update) I just realized that I posted on this twice not sure if I was on the right thread. I don't need two codes. Save one for someone else!

j5bailey
06-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm missing ffxi, I missed out on 1.0, and am dying to get to play a game that both my little brother and I can absolutely agree on!

hoshin
06-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I played a ton with a bunch of random people who became good friends. Unfortunately over the years we've lost touch, but we recently started reconnecting and now we're getting the band back together for ARR. I'm way excited to play with these old friends!

trilogique
06-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I've been looking forward to an MMO that can actually keep my attention for longer than a month and FF14 seems like that's it. the graphics are stunning and the gameplay is right up my alley. I think all the MMOs with gimmicks don't work. ARR is more traditional with a lot of unique elements and that's what makes it look so fun.

Elynsynos
06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
New to site but giving this a shot!

Was looking forward to FFXIV back on its original release but my computer couldn't run it so I was waiting for the PS3 version to launch. Even with all the bad reviews I was still planning on buying it up to the point where even the team thought it was so bad that they couldn't launch a PS3 version as it was.

I've follow the news around the rework for FFXIV since then and look forward to playing it. However, I have upgraded my computer since then and would love to give the PS3 beta a try to decide if I like the control feel or if I should just buy for PC.

Pspshadowman
06-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey I want to play FFXIV for a few reasons.

1. I love MMOs, there the blood that flows thru me. There's no other type of game that gets me more excited that MMOs.

2. I love The FF series. No other game do I instantly buy just because of the title. I've play from FF III up til FF XIII-2. Something about the way SE makes these games has me in a trance from start to finish.

3. I've heard amazing things about this game so far and now iam at the point where I must try it myself. The thought of putting my 2 favourite things together is extraordinary. I need to make a Pugilist and see what's its all about rather then reading about it at work :D

n45800
06-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I played a bunch of 1.0, and made a lot of lot of lasting friends. Hoping to get a PS3 beta code, so I can play together with some local friends.

tohmaytoe
06-25-2013, 10:13 PM
What a great opportunity! I'm excited about FFXIV:ARR after playing FFXI for so long. I never got a chance to try the original FFXIV, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

I'd be grateful for a key!

typo
06-25-2013, 10:33 PM
I have been a Final Fantasy fan for 10+ years, and have played FFXI for around 2-3 years. It was the only MMO that I have truly felt connected with and that I enjoyed playing. I hope that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will provide me with similar, if not better satisfaction and nostalgia! I would love an opportunity to play this wonderful game!

Drzero
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm excited to play FFXIV because I played FFXI for years, and have been a huge FF fan since the very first game. I can't wait to run around exploring Eorzea and get back into that MMO feel of a Final Fantasy world setting. I'll be playing Pugilist for sure as there's nothing more rewarding than punching monsters in the face. Some of my friends are already in the beta and I would love to meet up with them, and also make some new friends.

brearj
06-25-2013, 10:59 PM
I played FFXI for 6 years on Shiva server and I played the beta of FFXIV:ARR and it didn't peak my interest, but watching and seeing all these new media for FFXIV:ARR got me excited for this game once again and hope to lead it in a great direction

Bradley Sundberg
06-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Final Fantasy has been my favorite game along with Kingdom Hearts for years and I've been waiting to play this game ever since it was announced.

Yusuuke187
06-25-2013, 11:34 PM
I missed out on FFXI and I look forward to playing this new incarnation of FFXIV with friends.

Hattoria
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Curiously asking, do we know when the keys will have been given out? I keep thinking I may of missed it XD

Golmek
06-26-2013, 12:05 AM
I am part of a raiding guild in SWTOR made up of friends who have been playing together for a couple years now.

The game is getting stale to us now, so we are looking into moving the guild into FFXIV. Many of us are big fans of the series, myself included, but we have not had the chance to try an FF MMO yet.

If a few of us could get ahold of a beta key it could help us make the decision whether to switch.

kidprodigy
06-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I would like to get a beta key because I am thinking of buying the game and i would like to test it out to see if like it. I have seen my friends play it and it looks really fun

boartehpwn
06-26-2013, 12:26 AM
I loved FFXI. Been trying to get into Beta for a while now, it sounds great. I would love a chance to play it. Thank you

Kenaf
06-26-2013, 12:29 AM
I would love to try out FFXIV ARR. I tried the original beta for 1.0 and wasn't impressed but I'm hearing great things about this one! Also, I'm stoked they finally released a PS3 version!

BrianT15
06-26-2013, 12:56 AM
I've played both Final Fantasy Xi and XIV and liked them. Final Fantasy has been my favorite series for years and I have played ARR and loved it, but my PC can't run it on minimum settings so I would like to get a code to play it on PS3. Thanks!

honam
06-26-2013, 01:19 AM
I would like to get a beta key because I love the FF franchise. I have also played FFXI for many years. I can't afford a PC that can handle the game so I have to use my stepdad's PS3. Thanks in advance if you can come through. If not, it's totally understandable. Thanks again!

Dignified Pauper
06-26-2013, 01:47 AM
I want a PS3 beta code so that I can defy an Overlord known as Tony via PS3 AND PC.

Essan
06-26-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm very excited, as a FF-Fan who played all FF's but FFXI, and now I want to go on a MMORPG, and what better than an FF MMORPG?

In addition, I've been to the Distant Worlds concert in Argentina 5 days ago, and since then I've been re-playing all the classic FF's.

PD: I even registered to the forum (that i've been reading since my time with FF Origins, but never participated actively)

jero.puef
06-26-2013, 04:23 AM
I had play FF VII VIII IX X XIII and I have loved them. I never had the chance to play a FF online. and I just bought the PS 3 less than a month ago, it would be great to play a FF online. It really would make me very happy. I can spend much time on it because I am a very active player!

Jabeo
06-26-2013, 04:54 AM
I have fond memories of the FFXI NA beta and would like a chance to experience the FFXIV:ARR beta. If I get in thanks to a key from here I will definitely try to connect with the EoFF linkshell and express my gratitude. Hope to see you in Eorzea!

Zelminar
06-26-2013, 05:04 AM
I've really been looking to play this beta! I had initially bought FFXIV v1.0 with horrible reception and shortly cancelled my subscription. I would really like to give the new ARR a spin. I've only heard great things. I really respect how they are listening to the community in regards to little details and I personally feel that I could supply some great feedback. I would honestly enjoy being a part of this beta test. Please, please, please.

Thanks in advance!

Zelminar
06-26-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm confused... Is it here I post my inquiry, or at the other link as I already have?

"PS3 Beta code!!!! NEED!!! please :D

I've really been looking to play this beta! I had initially bought FFXIV v1.0 with horrible reception and shortly cancelled my subscription. I would really like to give the new ARR a spin. I've only heard great things. I really respect how they are listening to the community in regards to little details and I personally feel that I could supply some great feedback. I would honestly enjoy being a part of this beta test. Please, please, please.

Thanks in advance!"

Please announce once the giveaway is over D:

Lunestoner
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM
None of the other MMO's are interesting to me and I need an MMO fix... I have always loved FF, the main reason I chose the PS3 over Xbox is because of this series :jess:

Lost_epitaph
06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
How to put this... I've played all of 'em, from pixel characters to highly detailed ones, from those silent 4 heroes to the numerous talkative (or not so much) heroes from the newer ones (Squall would say "Whatever" to this). But, imagine how would I answer my children when they ask me "Dad, have you played ALL FF INCLUDING FFXIV:ARR BETA!?!? ¬¬?" (Eyes fixed on me as if they where Quistis' Laser Eyes. How could I answer NO!? That's my reason, I'd love to play this beta cause I love this game and I'd love to pass it on to others. So, thank you for your time :).

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Curiously asking, do we know when the keys will have been given out? I keep thinking I may of missed it XD
We fully intend on giving them out before the next Beta window starts at 9am Friday (GMT), although hopefully the first codes will start making their way to your inboxes within the next 24 hours. At this rate I'm not 100% certain we'll have enough to satisfy the demand, but here's hoping!

In the meantime, I hope you can all enjoy posting around the forums, chatting in the chatroom (http://home.eyesonff.com/chat.html), maybe play a little Triple Triad (http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php) to get yourself in the gaming mood... and of course, introduce yourselves with a thread about you! (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/). :D

tragoedia
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hello fellas

I would like to get a beta key so i can fullfill my dream of becoming a fully qualified ambidextrous ps3 chocobo rider

Go birdies !

Hattoria
06-26-2013, 06:10 PM
We fully intend on giving them out before the next Beta window starts at 9am Friday (GMT), although hopefully the first codes will start making their way to your inboxes within the next 24 hours. At this rate I'm not 100% certain we'll have enough to satisfy the demand, but here's hoping!

In the meantime, I hope you can all enjoy posting around the forums, chatting in the chatroom (http://home.eyesonff.com/chat.html), maybe play a little Triple Triad (http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php) to get yourself in the gaming mood... and of course, introduce yourselves with a thread about you! (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/). :D

Triple Triad? O_O I'm sold.

Startokala
06-26-2013, 06:43 PM
A good friend of mine got into the PS3 beta, and I was really kind of jealous, because I was the one who got him to sign up. I remember when I first saw a commercial for FF 7, and I thought the name was really stupid. However, ever since I tried 8 I have played every single game (excepting 11, 14, and a few of the handheld only title) and really want to try this out too before I explode! Seriously. So if there are any codes left, I'd really like one. I never get the weekend off, but I filled in for a few days earlier this week and my weekend is free! Trying out the beta would make this the best weekend ever, even better than when I got hooked on the series way back when.

Dat Matt
06-26-2013, 08:16 PM
I have signed up for the beta, as has Miss Shana. I am kinda interested to try out an MMO FF game as I never played FFXI. I'd give the beta a shot, and I know a few members around the community so I could join them in games.

ibecomeless
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
So, I just happened upon a thread giveaway for PC and got my wife a PC code. Now I really hope that my earlier post was early enough to get me a PS3 code so we can play together! Thank you all for doing this. Holding out hope for the best.

dantezinn
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I would sell any part of my body to play it, except my hands 'cause i need them to play it:kakapo:
I love MMOs and this one is promising, it has a great story and the gameplay seems pretty flow and intuitive. i don't know, i should know that when i enter the game.

Depression Moon
06-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Well, y'all cats know me. I'm a die hard Final fantasy fan who never had the opportunity to pay any of their online games. This would be a great opportunity for me to finally try on these out when I couldn't otherwise.

kaollasu
06-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I would love to be lucky enough to get a beta code. Having never had a PC good enough for gaming have had to wait patiently for the past couple of years for the ps3 release. Having played FFXI for the past 7 years on & off due to work. I can't wait to have the chance to play XIV. Although being in the Navy, I will miss the launch due to work but I have my collectors edition ordered so I will be raring to go when I get home. :D

Asphhar
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
I would love a chance to get onto the Beta for PS3! been dying to play this game for who knows how long now haha.
The thing I'm looking forward to most about it is the fact that its a whole new world to explore (getting tired of Azeroth ;)) ...I'm also very much looking forward to the usual epic story telling, that Square Enix is renowned for, and it'll be interesting to see how well it's incorporated into an MMO :D

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm going to close this thread now as we are out of codes and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up! We'll give out as many as possible within the next 24 hours, so keep an eye on your PM inboxes. :)

Dat Matt
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Good luck Ya'll.

tragoedia
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
good luck my fellow members !

Break a leg !

Cheers

kyiske
06-26-2013, 11:30 PM

With how friendly everyone has been so far on these forums, I'm pretty sure I'll stick around. Heck, I would even love to jump on the same server and join the forum linkshell to have people to play/chat/adventure with.

Freya
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
See we lure you all in with friendly then smack hit you with.... Less friendly? I dunno where I was going with that.

Prince2k3
06-27-2013, 12:38 AM
I have been an avid Final Fantasy Fan since Final Fantasy 4. I played 4 and play all the number except for 11. That why I'm hoping to get a beta code so that I can actually get into the MMO world of Final Fantasy! Please Please choose me! Now I'm begging lol

kyiske
06-27-2013, 01:04 AM
See we lure you all in with friendly then smack hit you with.... Less friendly? I dunno where I was going with that.I'd wager though that if we started getting hit with the less friendly, then maybe that would mean that we'd be getting along great! I mean by then we would all be comfortable with one another and have no need to be pleasant all the time. ^_^

ibecomeless
06-27-2013, 02:48 AM
I'm going to close this thread now as we are out of codes and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up! We'll give out as many as possible within the next 24 hours, so keep an eye on your PM inboxes. :)

Loony, thanks for doing this. Will you reply to this once all of them have been sent out so those of us on the edge of our seats (read:me) will stop trolling this thread and get on with our lives and other parts of the forum?

Thank you!

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 05:18 AM
The beta codes are going out soon. Please see the attached document explaining how to use your code. Happy playing!

dantezinn
06-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Well, good luck to us all!

LocoColt04
06-27-2013, 06:46 AM
See we lure you all in with friendly then smack hit you with.... Less friendly? I dunno where I was going with that.It works well enough, I think.

wreckless
06-27-2013, 10:36 AM
I want to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn because I loved FFXI and XIV:ARR looks kick-ass to the extent that I've been playing Final Fantasy Adventure on playr.com (http://playr.com/) to curb the cravings

Ikanuhm
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Ehm... Hi xD.
The reasons why I'm so interested in in playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn are so many that I can't list them all here :kaohappy:.
Since the game was announced and the first videos came out I fell in love with it:kaolove2:.

I've been a fan of Square-Enix since the first time i got my hands on a game controller, but was a little disappointed since FFXII, and when FFXIV: ARR was shown to the world, my hopes went higher again, and I've been wanting to play it since then. I'd love to play the beta 'cause I want to help make the game better, help the makers to debug, and also to play pronto :kaohappy:.
I've even buyed a PS3 only to play this > v <.
In my personal opinion, this is going to be the best MMORPG in a long time and I'd love to be part of this world as soon as possible so PLEASE, BY THE LOVE OF FREYJA, I BEG YOU FOR A BETA CODE FOR PS3 PLEEEAASSEEE :kaobeg2:.

Thanks for reading me and have a nice day.

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 02:38 PM
All codes we have currently have been handed out. Congrats to everyone who got one.

Stick around and post, you never know when we may get more!

I Don't Need A Name
06-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I would quite like a code really! A PC code would be much more useful, but I won't knock a PS3 code :jess:

Been wanting to play this for ages but I've never had the income good enough to sustain an MMO. I will have by the time of release so I wanna get in on it now to get ready for it!

Dark_Vincent
06-27-2013, 05:07 PM
I just received my code, thank you guys! Now back to triple triad lol

Dat Matt
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
So I received the code, however it is region locked to America. Being a European, this is somewhat troublesome.

Is there something we can do with this?

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately, we were unaware that the codes were region-locked for the North America region. At this time we do not have any Europe region codes to give away.

If you received a code and you live in a region other than North America, please reply to the mognet message I sent you with the code to notify me of this fact. In your reply, please also tell me which region you need a code for. If we ever do get codes for those regions, then those people will be first on the list. However, there is no guarantee that this will happen.

Sorry for the confusion!

Dat Matt
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
It's no problem. I am trying via the reddit page for A realm reborn to trade for a code for my region. If that does not yeild positive results we can pass the NA code onto someone who can use it :3

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
It's fine if you'd like to do that. For those of you who don't plan on trying to trade your code, please let me know so that we can give it away to somebody else.

lalish30
06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Pleeeease I want a code! I've been waiting 2-3 years since I got FFXIII and haven't been able to get any code (PC or PS3). I'm a huuuge fan, I really want to be part of this amazing experience until game comes out!

I Don't Need A Name
06-27-2013, 10:45 PM
So if I'm European but wanna get on Sargatanas, which is NA/EU, would I need an EU or NA code, or wouldn't it matter?

Shauna
06-27-2013, 10:47 PM
As far as I can tell you cannot register an EU account with the NA codes.

xionel
06-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I would love to have a PS3 code because I tried 1.0 on PC and was very disappointed but now that I saw all the videos and all the changes that they made for 2.0 I am extremely excited for this game and want to try out all the changes.

idiotstrike
06-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Hello! I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and I played most of the titles from 3 to 13, however I wasn't able to get into the FF14 beta yet, which is quite a disappointment for me.

If you still have a key available, I'd be grateful :)

Thank you!

tragoedia
06-28-2013, 12:46 AM
So I received the code, however it is region locked to America. Being a European, this is somewhat troublesome.

Is there something we can do with this?

hello there my friend !

You can always create a North American PSN account. Search the great book and you'll find.

As far as I know, servers aren't region locked since you can play with NA people.

Hope it helps. Good Gaming ! :D

Cheers

Del Murder
06-28-2013, 01:55 AM
So if I'm European but wanna get on Sargatanas, which is NA/EU, would I need an EU or NA code, or wouldn't it matter?
The origination of your code doesn't effect which server you chose. I believe you can choose any server regardless of location, with a couple exceptions that shouldn't affect you.

I Don't Need A Name
06-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Ahh fair enough, I'll just need to have an EU code then

someonelse
06-28-2013, 03:32 AM
Hello EoFFers! I am excited to play Final Fantasy ARR from the very first announcement of it. I have always been a fan of the FF series, but sadly never got the code from the beta tester application. All my friends have one already, except for me and 1 more buddy of mine. We have been checking all over the net on how to get one, but sadly we dont get lucky with the giveaways. Haha, hope I get a code so i can finally experience playing FF 14 ARR. Thanks!

nirojan
06-29-2013, 01:46 AM
I would love a code for the PS3 beta because I've been waiting to try out this game on PS3 for a VERY LONG TIME! Btw, I have a NA account.

Dat Matt
06-29-2013, 03:13 AM
It's fine if you'd like to do that. For those of you who don't plan on trying to trade your code, please let me know so that we can give it away to somebody else.

Problem resolved, managed to trade with a gentlemen on roddit. Onwards to actually giving the beta a shot tomorrow :3

arkedis
06-29-2013, 03:40 PM
when me and my brother was like 11 the ps2 FF online came out and we never got to play it becuas of that stupid adapter dial up crap thing we ben waiting so long ! for this game to come back out with new tec and a dope ps3 T_T this dream of ares to play the best game in the world can come true ! grant me this wish pls !:jess:

Rocket Edge
06-29-2013, 08:23 PM
I would like the opportunity as well! Probably too late though.

Revelhan
07-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Not too sure what to say... I've been an avid FF'er since my early childhood. I wasn't too excited about FFXI mainly because I did not have the means back to then play it but now that the new and improved FFXIV is being released I thought I would give it a chance. However months went by after beta application with nothing being sent to my email. I watched as friends exclaimed with glee about how this is what a FF MMO should be like. I was deeply saddened that I may not be able to play with them at all. This was furthered when I had watched videos on the gameplay on youtube. Everything looked so beautiful... I wanted to play so bad yet could not as I was at the whim of Square for a beta key.

But today, I was told that I might have a possibility of receiving a key from you... So here I am explaining why I really want a key to be able to experience the new FFXIV with my friends.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately all of our North American keys have been given out. If you would like an European key, please PM me and I'll see what I can do when I get home - I think I have one or two left over.

I'm going to close this thread so people don't think we still have this event ongoing!