PDA

View Full Version : The Fat Chocobos Free Company Thread for FFXIV:ARR

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/fatchocobos.jpg

The Fat Chocobos
Free Company (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9237305048201953789/) & Linkshell (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/4503599627457722/)
Server/World: Sargatanas
Datacenter: Aether

Facebook Group: Fat Chocobos Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/559690264082203/?fref=ts)
The Facebook group includes a pinned post with many useful links such as our Discord, TeamSpeak, Rules, Twitch, Guides and more

The Fat Chocobos are the official Eyes on Final Fantasy Free Company based on the Sargatanas server. We're a chatty bunch for the most part, focusing on enjoying ourselves rather than telling people off for not having the right gear. Expect a lot of jokes, a lot of banter and a lot of silliness. We have a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/559690264082203/?fref=ts), a Discord server and even (rarely used these days because of Discord) a TeamSpeak server which we can use when we feel like having even more fun in our events. We do our best to help people out regardless of what they need done, and we enjoy doing anything from sitting around poking fun at each other to crushing the more difficult endgame content. I like to think we have enough people that if you don't like doing one thing, we have a group of fantastic people that will help you do something else!

We have a wide spectrum of members, ranging from casual players to hardcore crafters to those ensconced in the most difficult content in the game, and we're always looking for friendly folks to expand our ranks so if you see someone who would make a good addition to the group, invite them on in and let us know!

So you want to be a Fat Chocobo...
We're always looking for new members! If you think we sound like we'd be a good fit for you, then contact us! Post in this thread, track down any member of the group in game, email us or send us a PM, because we'd love to have you. We like friendly people, so please do your best to treat everyone nicely. :)

Who are the leaders? Who else is in the Free Company? What are their usernames at EoFF?

Click here to find out! (https://goo.gl/Vsh7VB)

Carl the Llama
06-25-2013, 10:50 PM
*raises hand*

Legendary Hero checking in for business!

I Don't Need A Name
06-26-2013, 01:47 AM
When I get into the game I'll be straight on to join up in the Linkshell! :jess:

*Sits and waits patiently for Beta invite*

Del Murder
06-26-2013, 02:21 AM
My beta character will be Tmoney Mcawesome or Tmoney Awesomesauce. I haven't decided.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I like how in a subtle way this also forces Kukki and Val to be active here (though not required since Del, BoB, and smitten are active enough).

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I like how in a subtle way this also forces Kukki and Val to be active here (though not required since Del, BoB, and smitten are active enough).

yeah... its not easy to worm my way out anymore!>.< guess i fell into bobs trap! T_T

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I like how in a subtle way this also forces smitten, Kukki and Val to be active here (though not required since Del and Del are active enough).
Fixed that for you.

Also, I vote for Tmoney Mcawesome as Tmoney Awesomesauce is a pretty long name to have hovering over your head.

Lumos
06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi guys! Just poking my head in here. :)

<3 this linkshell, it's one of my two main shells that I hold very near and dear to my heart. I was doing my BRD AF last summer/fall and Bob was in the group. He stayed until everyone in the party was done, which was pretty much ALL DAY, and by the end he didn't know ANYONE at all in the group (well neither did I!). That's the type of place Fat Chocobos is. At this point I knew I had to threaten to bite Bob's ankles until he invited myself and Vaughn to his LS.

FYI~ I will probably be slightly changing my last name and Vaughn will be changing his race and entire name.

Can't wait for phase4/early-access/launch and have our game back!

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM

<3 this linkshell, it's one of my two main shells that I hold very near and dear to my heart. I was doing my BRD AF last summer/fall and Bob was in the group. He stayed until everyone in the party was done, which was pretty much ALL DAY, and by the end he didn't know ANYONE at all in the group (well neither did I!). That's the type of place Fat Chocobos is. At this point I knew I had to threaten to bite Bob's ankles until he invited myself and Vaughn to his LS.

FYI~ I will probably be slightly changing my last name and Vaughn will be changing his race and entire name.

Let me know about all those changes! I'll be updating the top post to have information on all the other members including (obviously) username, so it'll be a big help. :)

Lumos
06-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I'll definitely let you know when it's all said and done, Bob. Don't really want to jinx anything. :)

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm in for the linkshell, but I'll be a part of a different free company.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM

fair enough as long as we get ppl to be merry with. :D

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Sucks to be you, our FC is gonna be rockin'. ;) According to the highly inaccurate Beta Lodestone, something like the 14th largest Free Company on Sargatanas at the moment and that's with half of our members not showing up for some reason and without any of the new recruits.

But yeah, I figured you would be. :) I still love you. Just a little less. :shifty:

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Given that I only get to choose one free company, and free companies are most closely related with endgame content, I'll probably join the free company with the people I already run endgame with. :P

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Elitist scum. ;)

EDIT: Also for reference...

He stayed until everyone in the party was done, which was pretty much ALL DAY, and by the end he didn't know ANYONE at all in the group (well neither did I!).
What she means by this is that everyone we knew in the part left and was replaced by people we didn't but we still stuck through it. Just in case people start thinking I spent the entire day with the same people and didn't try to get to know them. xD

Nicolas
06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I'll be part of both. Still trying to figure out the name of the character though. >.>

Lumos
06-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Elitist scum. ;)

EDIT: Also for reference...

He stayed until everyone in the party was done, which was pretty much ALL DAY, and by the end he didn't know ANYONE at all in the group (well neither did I!).
What she means by this is that everyone we knew in the party left and was replaced by people we didn't but we still stuck through it. Just in case people start thinking I spent the entire day with the same people and didn't try to get to know them. xD

Correct! But you all know Bob doesn't hang around anywhere without chatting it up with everyone. :p

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Elitist scum. ;)
What can I say? I like winning.

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
You liked it so much you had to switch server so you could feel like a winner just by being near us. ^_^

Del Murder
06-26-2013, 06:26 PM
If I have fun, then I've won.

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, yes. Ouch! is a stuffy elitist who only cares about winning. We know.

Also, I guess I should say so for the list, but my character was formerly named Cidolfus Atreides in 1.x; I will be re-naming the character in 2.0 when I remake him as a Seawolf Roegadyn. Swygwyrd Eyristyrmsyn. Try and spell that, jerks.

Del Murder
06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
You're not seriously going to do that.

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
I am seriously going to do that.

In all fairness, the only reason I decided to go ahead and do it is because with the ability to click on a name to send someone a /tell, you'll never actually have to type it out.

Del Murder
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
What the hell man.

Loony BoB
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
You have no idea how tempting it will be to report you as a bot with that name.

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Given that it's a lore-accurate Roegadyn name, I sincerely doubt being confused as a bot is my primary concern.

I Don't Need A Name
06-26-2013, 10:17 PM
You're more likely to be mistaken for being Welsh than being a bot with that many Y's and W's

Ouch!
06-26-2013, 10:43 PM
The name is made from the Roegadyn dictionary and Roegadyn naming conventions posts by Fernhawles (translation lead for the game) on the official forums. I believe he did say that Roegadyn names had heavy Welsh influences, but I'd have to check.

It's actually not all that hard to pronounce, you just have to know how the name works. Every Roegadyn's first name is combined from two words, usually an adjective and a noun. In this case, Swygwyrd is made from Swyg and Wyrd. The surname is the name of the character's same-gendered parent plus -syn (son) or -wyn (daughter). The last name is made from Eyri and Styrm.

The full name's translation is Silent Word, Son of Wandering Storm.

Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn, the leader of the Maelstrom, and prominent story NPC, for example, is Sea Wife, Daughter of Blue Fish.

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Nerd.

Ouch!
06-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Said the administrator of a Final Fantasy fan site.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-27-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm going to try to get this downloaded and such soon now that I'm in the beta. I'll be excited to get involved with The Fat Chocobos. I wish I had a keyboard for my ps3. I keep forgetting to grab my old usb keyboard when I'm at my parents' house.

Dark_Vincent
06-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Are you guys going to remain on Sargatanas post-launch?

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Yup, it's our server of choice, almost all of us are already on it.

EDIT: Just slowly updating the roster of our Linkshell, please can people let me know if anything needs changing. I've gone purely by memory & the roster in the character info page so far... will update it more when I get home, I know a lot more but I'm not sure if they're active yet in ARR / how to spell their names. xD

theundeadhero
06-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Lagooshka Lostkitty

Help :(

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2013, 01:00 PM
BoB, would it be more helpful if I just gave you access to the Google Doc to edit manually, rather than submitting the form a dozen times?

Loony BoB
06-29-2013, 01:20 PM
I may already have a spreadsheet that I'll be editing manually myself anyway, but it would be neat to have access to it, sure. Can't hurt! :)

I might set up one a little different though, that feeds in people's levels and whatnot. And, of course, there is always the Lodestone which has everyone's info and updates automatically (to some extent).

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2013, 01:50 PM
You now have access to the spreadsheet.

The problem with levels is that needs manually updated.

Loony BoB
06-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping that eventually someone will come up with a good sig thing we can list off on the first post instead of a spreadsheet. Y'no, like those old sig images used for the old Linkshell thread at one point.

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I like spreadsheets when it comes to sorting through the information quickly.

comma
06-30-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm going to join up during the next phase and/or when the game is released.

Just in case anyone remembers me, this is Honest Abel from FFR, FFE, ACF, FCF, FFF, and maybe even some others. No guarantee I had the same username on all sites.

comma
07-03-2013, 02:56 AM
I'm second-guessing my decision to join your server, knowing more about legacy servers. I feel like not as many new people are going to join those when they could join fresh servers, and I'd rather be on a server with a lot of active people. What would the advantages be of joining your server and your group?

I Don't Need A Name
07-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Just because they're Legacy players doesn't mean they'll be inactive players. Especially considering that a lot of the people are there because they enjoy the social aspect of playing the game alongside the actual gameplay. Surely a Legacy Server has more positives than negatives, with more seasoned players and die hard fans who, I'm sure, would be happy to help newbies with their questions.

comma
07-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm not saying the legacy players will be inactive, just that it seems like new players are more likely to join the new servers.

Del Murder
07-03-2013, 03:33 AM
We're the advantage.

Aulayna
07-03-2013, 08:58 AM
TBH it is something that I've been slightly worried about. The difference between leveling on Sargatanas on the beta compared to a non-legacy server is huge. Non-legacy the lowbie areas are crammed full of people questing and helping each other out. On Sargatanas they were barren - and getting a group for Tam-Tara etc basically involved having to get a group of 50s to level sync.

It's not that bad where we have a LS and veterans to help people out but at the same time I think some of the newbies are going to miss out on the "newbie experience" so to speak. For me at launch I just want to get a job to 50 ASAP and then just go back and do everything at a more leisured pace as I build up other classes - so it's not as much of a concern to me. But I can see where the concern is coming from.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
07-03-2013, 06:48 PM
TBH it is something that I've been slightly worried about. The difference between leveling on Sargatanas on the beta compared to a non-legacy server is huge. Non-legacy the lowbie areas are crammed full of people questing and helping each other out. On Sargatanas they were barren - and getting a group for Tam-Tara etc basically involved having to get a group of 50s to level sync.

It's not that bad where we have a LS and veterans to help people out but at the same time I think some of the newbies are going to miss out on the "newbie experience" so to speak. For me at launch I just want to get a job to 50 ASAP and then just go back and do everything at a more leisured pace as I build up other classes - so it's not as much of a concern to me. But I can see where the concern is coming from.

there are multiple reasons why its hard to get dungeon parties in beta 3.^^" one would be, that most players dont want to spoil the story just yet. then theres also the part where progress is wiped at the start of beta 4.^^"

but finding groups should get easier after that blasphemous duty finder gets implemented.

Nicolas
07-03-2013, 07:54 PM
The concern makes perfect sense. I saw very few people on Sarg around my levels compared to the other servers I tried out. I know this is a beta, so I'm sure there should be a decent influx of newer people coming in when the official release date hits.

comma
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
If we were to have an auxiliary branch of Fat Chocobos on a new server, say Gilgamesh, I would certainly join it. In fact, I'll be a founding member if needed.

Loony BoB
07-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that, come release, there will be a lot of people able to play with you guys. Keep in mind that a very large number of people will be leveling Arcanist from level one, even those with level 50's. I will do what I can to help out the newbies rather than doing endgame content when I'm not working on the Free Company. Endgame I can do later, it's not a priority for me. I know I've not played a huge amount with everyone yet but I'll be doing all I can for you guys once Phase Four hits in because that's when it counts. I also have Wed/Thurs/Friday off work the week the game is officially released and so does Danielle, so hopefully that means we can help everyone out even when they're in different timezones for a good five days.

Aulayna
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I have Weds/Thurs off on launch week and also finish at 4pm on launch day provided my shift doesn't change :hyper:

Bierhumpen_Kukki
07-07-2013, 10:26 PM
hey bob, just saw that you updated your op and you might wanna scratch Kobato Tachibana off your list. he will probably not play ARR. he simply dislikes the pay2play model.^^"

Khaotic
08-06-2013, 04:29 AM
I got about 4-6 people that will be coming with me to Sarg, we'll all be starting at level 1 and we're new players. I'll update once I figure out what all of our names will be.

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Just a heads up to everyone, it's likely that the Free Company housing will be located in Thanalan. With that in mind, if you want to have different locations for your personal housing and FC housing, this opens up La Noscea and The Shroud for your personal housing goodness.

I'm going to be heavily investing in the Free Company housing once we're able to purchase it - in fact, I'm saving pretty much every gil I can for it. I'm hoping to get the biggest possible housing, even if that means I have to spend a lot of time gathering/crafting/marketing for gil. Should my 1.5m gil not be enough, I will welcome donations. xD We'll deal with that when the time comes, though.

I'm interested in knowing who will be taking part in Open Beta (which should carry through to launch) and Early Access. Feel free to let me know!

Any other information such as name changes and just general queries regarding organising ourselves... feel free to post them in this thread.

I Don't Need A Name
08-13-2013, 04:19 PM
The Guildhests provide very quick and large quantities of money, as me and Kukki found out after doing 5 of them, so that'd be a useful option for raising money if the housing costs any more than that.

I'll be taking part in Open Beta on Friday but I'm away after that so I have to miss the rest of it :[

theundeadhero
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm going to be open beta-ing and early accessing, BoB.

Yeargdribble
08-16-2013, 11:31 AM
My wife and I are playing right this minute.

Loony BoB
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Rockin'. I think the only senior LS member who will be on for the next five or so hours will be Valerna, who has character name Valerna Softpaws. I'm not certain if the Linkshell is active or not, but if you get in touch with her she may be able to add you in.

What are your character names?

EDIT: And yeah, just got word that Val can't add people to the LS yet as the rank changes we made in the earlier Beta phases have naturally been cleared out. It'll have to wait for Danielle and myself to get home in about five or so hours.

Yeargdribble
08-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Rockin'. I think the only senior LS member who will be on for the next five or so hours will be Valerna, who has character name Valerna Softpaws. I'm not certain if the Linkshell is active or not, but if you get in touch with her she may be able to add you in.

What are your character names?

EDIT: And yeah, just got word that Val can't add people to the LS yet as the rank changes we made in the earlier Beta phases have naturally been cleared out. It'll have to wait for Danielle and myself to get home in about five or so hours.

Yeargdribble Fenrir
Chalumeau Fenrir

Jiro
08-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah somebody hook a brother up. Wil Hawkeye is the name, shooting shit in the eye is my game.

theundeadhero
08-17-2013, 05:08 AM
I just got around to trying to log into open Beta and as of five minutes ago our server of choice was full :/
It's a shame they deleted all the Beta 3 stuff.

Edit: Well, 10 minutes later everything turned out okay.

Loony BoB
08-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Just a reminder to everyone: If you want to join the Linkshell / Free Company, please add Loony Bob to your friends list and send me a message with your EoFF username. I can do the rest from there. :) If for any reason I'm not online, just post here with your username.

Lumos
08-19-2013, 12:35 AM

Well, thought I'd check in.

As you might know by now I changed my name from Lumos Lightwand to Lumos Lightheart. Vaughn's name has been changed to Vin Weasel.

As of last night a little after midnight our time (Eastern US) we got Error 3102'd.

Since we cannot get on our characters or even make new ones on NA/EU worlds, we went on Denmo's March of the Lalafells on a JP server (heard about it on Twitter).

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r731/JillyBean622/ffxiv_08182013_155552_zps192f762a.png

Hope they get this fixed. It's not only a bummer for this weekend, but it's also concerning that it can go on this long without a fix.

Here's hoping we see you guys next weekend. I took the whole week off between the 24th through Labor Day US (Monday Sept 2). Hope I don't have to cancel that for delays. :(

Ouch!
08-19-2013, 01:35 AM
The encouraging news is that the JP servers are not suffering this issue. Keep in mind that until phase three, all testing was done on the JP servers. That means we've only got like two weeks of testing the new NA data center whereas the JP servers have been monitored on and off since late November 2012. They'll get things in order.

theundeadhero
08-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Yesterday morning I leveled Luv Truck up to 15 before getting error 90000.
Yesterday afternoon I leveled Lagooshka Lunitari up to 16 before getting error 90000'd on her.
As of right now both my characters are error 3120'd which is why I haven't been on all day :/

Ouch!
08-19-2013, 04:08 AM
SE just announced that they're going through the list in the feedback section of the beta forum one by one doing a manual fix for the 3102 error. The list is several thousand names long, and I have work in the morning. See you lot at release!

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Danielle's issue isn't the 3102 error but a "FFXIV has stopped responding" issue so we're really hoping that they can fix her issue before early access begins. :(

That Lalafell march admittedly looks pretty hilarious, awesome and fun. xD Glad you found a way to enjoy yourselves!

Lumos
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Danielle's issue isn't the 3102 error but a "FFXIV has stopped responding" issue so we're really hoping that they can fix her issue before early access begins. :(

That Lalafell march admittedly looks pretty hilarious, awesome and fun. xD Glad you found a way to enjoy yourselves!

It was a blast, Bob! :) I took a zillion pics. I should post more lol

I sure hope Danielle gets resolved. I guess she can't log in anywhere, it's an account/SE issue? She can't even log in on your PC? Like, for instance, if she bought a brand new PC this week an dl'd it still wouldn't work? Not that you would, but I'm just trying to get an idea of the problem? Sounds like a nightmare. :(

After they fixed the 3102 I was able to log in on Monday morning and tele around and logged out at Bentbranch (for sanctuary). We got the error while outside Limsa near Swiftperch running around doing Fates on Arcanist. I would have worried all week if I didn't check to make sure she made it out of 3102!

Can't wait for Saturday! :D

Loony BoB
08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah, after testing on both our PCs with both our logins, hers will crash the game on both computers and I can log in fine on both computers. The issue wasn't resolved alongside the 3102 ones, so yeah. =/ Can only cross our fingers right now.

Ariya
08-24-2013, 08:32 PM
leave me alone bob

theundeadhero
08-25-2013, 12:00 AM
But he loves you.

o_O
08-25-2013, 12:12 AM
I have joined the world of FFXIV! I'm an MMO noob so will take a bit to figure out how everything works, but say hi if you see Humphrey Squibbles around!

Loony BoB
08-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Right, I've done some updating to the first post and cut out anyone who hasn't logged into ARR yet. With that in mind, if anyone happens to have the time to go through the Linkshell list and detail anyone I haven't mentioned on the first post, that would be great - I'm at work for the next seven or so hours so can't check FFXIV until then. :)

EDIT: Fully updated!

Dr Unne
08-28-2013, 04:35 AM
I'm currently unable to create a character on this server but assuming it becomes possible, do you mind if I join your group?

Nicolas
08-28-2013, 04:40 AM
You know, if I didn't have so many issues just trying to get on... I'd probably be part of the Linkshell by now. Whatever though, not like I wanted to play with you guys anyway. ;-;

Jiro
08-28-2013, 08:25 AM
The Fat Chocobos are a constant source of fun discussion and occasionally assistance. It's a great group there. :jess:

rinidel
08-29-2013, 02:58 AM
Freya told me to get on yall's forum and join your LS/FC... names Agara Balduvan in game (best lalafell ever)

Loony BoB
08-29-2013, 07:59 AM
We're on almost 24/7 these days, guys, so feel free to add any of the leaders in the first post as friends and send us a /tell - usually Danielle or myself should be online, even if we're asleep we keep the game running so we can ensure people are able to add us to their friends list. We've also promoted Bobby (Patroclus Menoteius) recently so we now have an active leader in North America. :)

Omni-Odin
08-30-2013, 09:15 PM
I just started a character on Sargatanas! (Finally, the server opened up)) Can't wait to get started. Name: Omni Odin

Dr Unne
09-02-2013, 05:29 AM
My character name is Doctor Unne. If someone could add me, that'd be nice.

Jessweeee♪
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
You know during my short time with FFXI my friend said not to be a mithra because all mithra are attention whores and I didn't question it because I was fourteen and I think when I start playing I want to be whatever the FFXIV equivalent is just because.

Kalen
09-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I just started a character on Famfrit, but I really just want to play with you guys. Hopefully Sargatanas will let new characters in soon. ;)

Dr Unne
09-05-2013, 12:26 AM
I was able to create a character on the server last week at 4AM PST. That was during a time when character creation was supposed to be cut off. You could try something like that if you care enough. I was awake already so figured may as well.

Kalen
09-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Thanks, Unne. I'm going to keep trying. ;)

Loony BoB
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Good to see the American contingent growing at decent speed. :D We were very EU-centric in 1.x because of Danielle and I only playing during those hours and most other EoFFers abandoning ship early on, but with the likes of Marick, Unne, Bobby, Kalen and others we should hopefully grow on the other side of the Atlantic in time, too. =] Our Linkshell is pretty large now, and our Free Company more than decentl sized, too. Can't wait for housing prices to be released so I can stop gil farming out of paranoia that the price will be huge and start focusing on partying with everyone again.

Also, Nico, looking forward to finally adding you to the Linkshell. xD

Kalen
09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Just got a character on Sargatanas. Woohoo!

My name is: Kalen Isis ;)

Warning, I'm a newb.

Nicolas
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Also, Nico, looking forward to finally adding you to the Linkshell. xD

Me too. Me too.

Loony BoB
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Please note, everyone, that Danielle (Smitten Kitten) and myself will not be around much at all for the next two weeks, so your best bet for getting added to the Linkshell and/or Free Company is to get in touch with our other three leaders - Bierhumpen Kukki, Valerna Softpaws and Patroclus Menoteius. If you do happen to see Danielle or I online, we should still be able to help out, but don't spend your time waiting for us to pop on. Val, Kukki and Bobby are all great, and I'm sure one of them will be about when you're on, eventually! =]

Dignified Pauper
09-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Give me authority! I'm on when few Americans are on. The mornings! :) :) :) :)

Jiro
09-06-2013, 03:51 PM
So I'm nominating o_O for leader of Oceania operations.

I Don't Need A Name
09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Gets my vote too, and I'm not even in the Oceania region!

Loony BoB
09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
We are not currently seeking new leaders at this time, but when the time does come I'll simply select the person I feel most suitable/beneficial. It'll probably be a couple of months down the line when I have a better idea of who will be sticking it out etc. If I do go earlier than that, it'll be sometime after the next two weeks when I can properly focus on things.

Super Christ
09-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Now that they've taken off the character creation restriction from Sargatanas I've made a character I'd like added; although at this point I've sunk enough hours into my Siren character that this will probably just be an alt.

Anyway, my character's name is Refia Leafgreen.

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Hey lookit who done decided to join the game, by gosh;

Squenix Username: Mitchla7
Charactername: Mitchla Mitchness

Citizen Bleys
09-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I just reactivated my 2nd 1.0 character to capitalise on sanctuary rested-state, so I'm on there as Despard Silverbranch as well. Somehow I was already in the LS as soon as I reactivated the character.

I'm officially hooked and will probably be quite active on both characters.

XxSephirothxX
09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
BoB got me into the LS and Fat Chocobos awhile ago, but I figured I should stop by and post get my name added to a list somewhere! And one of my friends is probably joining up to get into the company. He's better at MMOs than me.

Character name: Kappa Senshi.

sgilder
09-29-2013, 06:15 PM
And one of my friends is probably joining up to get into the company. He's better at MMOs than me.

Hey everyone, I assume I am who he was referring to.
I would like to join up with the community if possible, running around solo is becoming more of pain.

Just a little info on myself:
I like final fantasy a fair amount, more of the older games than the newer ones, and I like mmos too.

I typically like mmos with interesting pvp, so I hope this game gets some interesting pvp added to it. I have seen some mock-ups for pvp armor that might make it in the game and they look amaaaaaaazinggggg!

In game name: Relena Dawnheart
..if anyone wants to group up any!

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Aw man I was so excited to start playing but I've just made my character and when it came time to select a world, Sargatanas is restricted :(

o_O
09-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Aw man, again??

Some members have said that it only restricts when the server is full (as in full of logged-in characters, not full of character creations) but I can't speak for the validity of that. I know that when I was trying to register in early access, I tried to register a bunch of times over several days and it let me in seemingly randomly, as other were still having problems registering after me.

I'd recommend trying to register at different times of the day, particularly in US off-peak time.

Nicolas
09-30-2013, 04:05 AM
All sorts of neat.

As far as the character creation goes, it does look like it's off limits when it's full and there should be no other restrictions on Sargatanas at the moment. So you should be free to join in the late night hours for the US time zones.

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Doesn't seem to be happening. I'll try again on my lunch break tomorrow. Mondays at noon is probably not a peak time.

Loony BoB
09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
For what it's worth, when we created characters (naturally it was some time ago in Beta) we found trying again a few minutes later sorted us out. Good luck, JessweeeeDING, looking forward to seeing you in game! :D

I'm hoping to 'do up' the first post in this thread. Gimme a bit of time and hopefully I can get all the characters sorted. Some of them I actually am not certain who they are (bloody name changes, I imagine). Noticed some returning characters including enano's character, Awrini, though. Here's to more of that. :D

Jiro
09-30-2013, 09:43 AM
I also suggest a change to Fat Chocobo ranks; I think "Wife To Be" is out of date, now. Face and I also discussed whether Git should be the top ranking, or if it now belongs to the title of Wife. ;)

Loony BoB
09-30-2013, 09:49 AM
As much as I love Danielle and Danielle loves the game, I'm pretty confident I will remain top dog. Most of the time she chats it's because I remind her to look at the chat logs. She's a very focused individual when gaming. But Wife To Be certainly needs changing, forgot about that!

Jessweeee♪
10-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Yesss I did it. My character name is Jessica Thierremont. I kept hitting random until I got a last name that started with the same letter as my actual last name.

EDIT:

What the fuck that guy totally wasn't kidding about the spamming. Is there an ignore feature? :(

Bierhumpen_Kukki
10-01-2013, 07:09 AM
There is a blacklist to block annoying ppl.^^ its part of the social lists or if youre playing on a Computer simply press O.^^

Forgot to mention this: today will be an emergency maint from 7 to 9 am gmt.^^"

Dr Unne
10-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I've only ever seen one member of the FC/LS in person. Is everyone off doing their own thing all the time? Or is there somewhere people congregate?

Or are we waiting until we get a guild house and in the meantime we're all hobos?

Aulayna
10-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Or are we waiting until we get a guild house and in the meantime we're all hobos?

Pretty much this. There's a few little hang-outs. I'm using perched on one of the rooftops in Mor Dohna, I think Val and Dara hang out in Limsa and the rest are just scattered around.

Jessweeee♪
10-08-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm just running around doing story quests so I can get access to stuff.

Ouch!
10-08-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm totally going to stalk you the next time I see you on, Unne.

o_O
10-08-2013, 02:12 AM
I run into people from time to time. I've noticed certain people in particular locations more often than others. For example, I usually see Shah Rostum in the markets, Melissa Yuri in Gridania, Viadana Solacaire... everywhere (seriously, I think he stalks me).

It's cool to do parties, Wil Hawkeye and I have partied a bit to knock off some of each others' hunting logs. Partied with Bobby and Boloki to do a few dungeons/primals too.

Dr Unne
10-08-2013, 02:54 AM
I look forward to partying up with someone someday. Being sub-50 means it's hard to find someone who happens to be online and be at the same level. I don't want to drag level 50's through low level dungeons with me.

o_O
10-08-2013, 03:02 AM
If you see me online, by all means ask if I want to do a dungeon or two. I love partying with non-random people and the only reason I'd say no is if I were short on time.

Rostum
10-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Yeah feel free to hit me up (Shah Rostum) if you need help with dungeons or anything really! :)

Loony BoB
10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
It never hurts to ask if anyone is interested in doing a dungeon. Not only are L50 players often bored of doing the same thing over and over, but many of us are likewise keen on partying up with other LS members and it can only become easier by knowing when they are going to go and do a dungeon. I always mention it before I hop into one, and I've not done a single L50 dungeon yet (soon... I'm eight quests away from being done with the main storyline).

Having said that, I see people all the time. I've passed almost everyone in the LS at some point or another - or at least it feels that way! I was gathering with Valerna the other day, I've partied with about ten people so far in duties, I always see Tony in the Ul'dah markets and often see Yosefu there, too. I probably pass Nolwe once every 1-2 days in all kinds of places. I pass Yeargdribble every now and then, Ceridwen too. I will say that you don't get to party up with people who have the same role as you very often if you're a healer or tank, but I still manage to stop by them once in a while as I roam the world. :) But then, it all depends on how much of an eye you have for spotting the <FC> bit next to people's names. ;)

Aulayna
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Or in my case he just ignored me :pissed:

Loony BoB
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I didn't see you! I was reading stooooory!

Bierhumpen_Kukki
10-09-2013, 07:32 AM
I always /wave or /poke ppl i see from our ls/fc and im pretty sure i already waved at you unne.^^
Im also up for some dungeon runs if ppl ask! Unless im already busy.^^" baloki has a knack for asking when i just started a dungeon. XD the best part about asking ls/fc member for a run is that they usually drag some other ppl along! :D

We also like to have some fun... so we could run some moar dungeons in bikini beside amdapor keep.^^"

Jiro
10-11-2013, 03:27 AM
I have successfully bowed to about half of the Fat Chocobos Free Company members. I remember somebody escaped my grasp but I don't remember who so I just keep bowin'.

Teek
11-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Do you still have an opening for me? I've been playing with Nic a lot and would like to join some of my old friends. :) My name on there is Striking Teek.

o_O
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Most definitely! If one of the other leaders doesn't get to you by tomorrow, I'll chuck you an invite. :D

escobert
11-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey! Mike sent me an invite last night to both the Company and LS. Claudius Howsaf be the name!

Teek
11-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I look forward to partying up with someone someday. Being sub-50 means it's hard to find someone who happens to be online and be at the same level. I don't want to drag level 50's through low level dungeons with me.I don't know your level, Doc, but if you want to partner up with me I'm most definitely "sub-50" as well. Listening to everyone in the LS talk about whatever endgame content they're doing while I'm just sitting here leveling is always a little depressing.

o_O
11-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Hit me up if you see me online! I'm levelling my black mage, but I'm always happy to play as whatever (even if I suck at healing). I think it's fair to say a lot of members play for the social factor rather than the grinding/gear race side so wouldn't mind dropping down to help out.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Same, whenever I am online and you need a healer, just ask and I will help! :D

Loony BoB
11-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I look forward to partying up with someone someday. Being sub-50 means it's hard to find someone who happens to be online and be at the same level. I don't want to drag level 50's through low level dungeons with me.I don't know your level, Doc, but if you want to partner up with me I'm most definitely "sub-50" as well. Listening to everyone in the LS talk about whatever endgame content they're doing while I'm just sitting here leveling is always a little depressing.
I actually really like doing the lower level dungeons because it's genuinely boring repeating the same things over and over. Also, partying up with new people is fun by default because you're partying up with new people. The added bonus of course is that you can help more people progress and that means more people can do more things together, regardless of what it is. L15 dungeons are just as fun as L50 dungeons.

Teek
11-14-2013, 05:09 AM
I actually really like doing the lower level dungeons because it's genuinely boring repeating the same things over and over. Also, partying up with new people is fun by default because you're partying up with new people. The added bonus of course is that you can help more people progress and that means more people can do more things together, regardless of what it is. L15 dungeons are just as fun as L50 dungeons.I will keep this in mind. :)

escobert
11-14-2013, 03:17 PM
So what level are all of us sub-50's? We should all get together and have some fun this weekend :)

Loony BoB
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
A fair number of the sub-50's are in America, so hopefully you can 'grow' into the game together. We'll have another EoFFer added to our party soon enough, too, in the form of Lone Wolf Leonhart. :D The more the merrier!

Krystic
11-15-2013, 03:14 AM
Hello I was told to post here to try to get an invite for the FFXIV LS?

My longtime buddy Logan (aka Omecle) pointed me to you guys.

My in game name is Alpha Omega.

Thanks, hope to hear from one of you soon.

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2013, 04:38 AM
I'm like level 25 right now or something. I keep going online at bad times this past week!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2013, 05:30 AM
A fair number of the sub-50's are in America, so hopefully you can 'grow' into the game together. We'll have another EoFFer added to our party soon enough, too, in the form of Lone Wolf Leonhart. :D The more the merrier!

TSoL added me this morning! I'm in the free company and linkshell now :)

This will be fun. I'm only level 10 at the moment but I'm having a blast. Character name is Kehda Relanah for anyone who wants to chat with me.

Is there anyone else who will be doing the Lightning FATE events? I really want to at least be able to do the lowest level one and see if I can get some of those unique items.

I'll definitely be able to do all of the FATE events by the time it returns in February :D

Also, may I be added to the first post please? :thumb:

Rostum
11-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Hello I was told to post here to try to get an invite for the FFXIV LS?

My longtime buddy Logan (aka Omecle) pointed me to you guys.

My in game name is Alpha Omega.

Thanks, hope to hear from one of you soon.

Yes, please if you see him on invite him! This is a good guy. :)

Loony BoB
11-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Whenever you're on, Krystic, be sure to attempt to message the leaders on the first post of this page. I'm at work at the moment but hopefully one of us can catch you sooner or later. :D Just keep trying!

Minami
11-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I've made a new chara on the Sargatanas server so i can hopefully play with some of you at some point in the future

Scotty_ffgamer
11-29-2013, 10:04 PM
I've finally got a hold of the game and created a character on the server. Scotty Ffgamer is my character name, just like when I did the beta. Hopefully when I have a little more free time to play I can catch one of you on there to get back into The Fat Chocobos!

Jowy
11-30-2013, 08:06 AM
WHY are none of you online that one day a week I play FFXIV for eight hours straight.

PS: that'll be Sunday.

Night Fury
12-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I have joined! I am Relm Snowleaf! Sorry Tara Croft :(

Hollycat
12-04-2013, 02:50 AM
I just Joined as Saya Brea

Rentwokay
12-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Just accepted an invite this afternoon from Loony Bob, courtesy of recruitment by Lumos Lightheart. I expect to receive my introductory fruit basket and scented soaps in due time.

Thanks.

- Rentwokay Champignon ("Ren")

Loony BoB
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome, Ren! :D

On a sidenote, a massive congrats to Lumos Lightheart and Vin Weasel on becoming our latest leaders. :)

NeoCracker
12-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Faye Khuba, at your service!

...And not in that way you sicko's, Faye is one classly lady. :colbert:

Currently on first quest, will start playing proper later today when I'm off work. :p

Loony BoB
01-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Contact any of the leaders in the first post of this page with a /tell. :) Different people are obviously on at different times (and Smitten is away this week), so obviously keep trying all the names until someone gets back to you. :D What times are you normally on?

Yar
01-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Evenings, EST (after work)

I'm on now!! But everyone is gone or busy :(

Loony BoB
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Hmm, at that time I think your best bets would be Lumos, Vin or Patroclus (Bobby). Don't give up! Keep trying every time you're on and hopefully at some point you won't be so unlucky.

sonormatt
01-22-2014, 07:04 AM
Man, I should've read this before creating a character! I just bought FFXIV and I'm level 11 now, but on a different server. How much are server transfers?

Loony BoB
01-22-2014, 10:52 AM
I think they're something like US$18...

o_O
01-23-2014, 10:48 PM
If you feel like switching servers but don't want to pay the fee, now's the time to do it! You can breeze through the first 10 levels in no time at all (like, probably 1 hour easily), and there's a whole bunch of people in the LS and FC to help.

Jessweeee♪
01-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah I made a whole new character to get on Sargatanas because I was only level eight :v

Octavious
03-06-2014, 01:06 AM
I'm installing the game as we speak, been a long time since I've played an MMO, looking forward to it!

theundeadhero
03-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Do you guys still have the spreadsheet with with everyone's info on it and stuff? I probably should update that :p
I play on a different server with real-life friends though.

Server: Balmung
Name: Lagooshka Luvtruck
Race: Roeg Sea Wolf female
Main class: Lvl 50 PLD
Errmmm, what else did it have? I did log on to my Beta toons today though! BoB wasn't online :/ Maybe I'll do it again now.

Loony BoB
03-16-2014, 11:22 AM
I've had to do some spring cleaning and some members have been booted from the Linkshell because we were heading towards the cap for members (128). Members who were not listed as active on the Fat Chocobos LS page (on Lodestone) were removed. Should any of these members return, they can absolutely be invited back in! I think they all had EoFF accounts anyway.

(Deleted) was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Kalthalas Argent was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Captain Abel was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Cocoa Puff was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Etheria Moirae was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Daemon Crescent was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Enyale Ahtnamas was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Devore Jojishi was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”

So, not sure who Deleted was, but I believe the others are Raistlin, Goldenboko, Necronopticous & Marshall Banana (combined), Ashi, nirojan, The Summoner of Leviathan (well, his old 1.x character, obviously he still has Patroclus) and *DEVORE*.

Mikztsu
04-07-2014, 11:18 PM
What server are you on? I started recently on Cerberus, most of my old FFXI buddies went to NA servers ( kinda in hurry, and didn't see on OP).

Tarutaru PLD

o_O
04-07-2014, 11:38 PM
We're on Sargatanas and you should come and join us!

Vermachtnis
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
I just started, my IGN is Vermachtnis Orcbeard. And right now I'm a level 5 Glardiator.

*Devore*
05-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm finally playing this again. Only took me like 8/9 months to get around to setting it up, haha, that's terrible I know. I'd love to join the linkshell again, if that's ok.

Loony BoB
05-11-2014, 02:40 PM
No worries man, be sure to get in touch with any of the leaders mentioned in the first post if you want to get re-added. :) Try them all, usually there's one or two around.

Kelarik
05-24-2014, 03:07 AM
If there's still room, I'd be interested in joining up. Friend of mine, Eysaxe Erith, says it's a chill place to chat and such. 50 BLM

o_O
05-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Welcome to the wolf pack! :)

Yar
06-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Just an update: My last character has been deleted. This is my new one. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7844186/

:)

Loony BoB
07-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I've had to do some spring cleaning and some members have been booted from the Linkshell because we were heading towards the cap for members (128). Members who were not listed as active on the Fat Chocobos LS page (on Lodestone) were removed. Should any of these members return, they can absolutely be invited back in! I think they all had EoFF accounts anyway.

(Deleted) was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Kalthalas Argent was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Captain Abel was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Cocoa Puff was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Etheria Moirae was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Daemon Crescent was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Enyale Ahtnamas was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”
Devore Jojishi was kicked from “Fat Chocobos.”

So, not sure who Deleted was, but I believe the others are Raistlin, Goldenboko, Necronopticous & Marshall Banana (combined), Ashi, nirojan, The Summoner of Leviathan (well, his old 1.x character, obviously he still has Patroclus) and *DEVORE*.

It's happening again, sorry!

Due to space issues, we have been forced to kick some inactive characters from the Linkshell. It's one of the downsides of having an active LS, I guess! The characters I've kicked are...

Steelyangel Goldpaw
Faye Khuba
Sepherenia Sparhawk
Mirage Askai
Claudius Howsaf

Nobody has been kicked from the Free Company, of course, as there is a massive capacity of 512 on that (LS has only 128). If any of these characters rejoin the game, they are welcome to rejoin the LS as well! We'll just have to perhaps kick someone ELSE out if that happens. xD

chionos
09-18-2014, 03:42 AM
If at any point there's room in the LS, speak up. I'd like to join now that I'm playing finally.

Jessweeee♪
09-18-2014, 05:05 AM
Check the names of leaders in the first post and message any that are online next time you're playing, they'll add you in c:

Pumpkin
09-18-2014, 10:25 PM
I want to join but I dunno how :(

I have 3 characters: October Spice, Pumpkin Contrary, and Autumn Maple. I'll be using all of them about equally so whichever is fine

Loony BoB
09-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Go to the chat window and type this...

/tell Loony Bob hi! Can I join the FC? :D

or

/tell Lumos Lightheart hi! Can I join the FC? :D

or

/tell Ellanelle Nevaria hi! Can I join the FC? :D

Then right click their name and go "Add to Friends List". :D

All will become clear in quick time, basically we need you online.

Alternatively, right click any Fat Chocobo member (eg. Locky) and click on View Company Profile. There should be an application bit... apply! :D

It'd be pretty insane for all three of us to be offline, especially when Ella and I leave our PCs on almost all the time.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-02-2014, 01:54 AM
So, I think I'm picking this back up either this week or next. I'm debating getting the subscription tonight even, but I wouldn't have much time to play.

Edit: I honestly don't remember how to play very well, so it'll be fun getting back into it, haha. I almost feel like i should have a new character, but I'll probably keep my old one.

chionos
10-02-2014, 06:50 AM
So, I think I'm picking this back up either this week or next. I'm debating getting the subscription tonight even, but I wouldn't have much time to play.

Edit: I honestly don't remember how to play very well, so it'll be fun getting back into it, haha. I almost feel like i should have a new character, but I'll probably keep my old one.

Starting a new character might help you stick with it, just because the old character might make you feel lost (depending on how far you got previously).

Scotty_ffgamer
10-02-2014, 06:53 AM
I wasn't too far, honestly. I was just before Tam-Tara Deepcroft before my trial ran out.

chionos
10-02-2014, 07:09 AM
What's that, level 15ish? To be honest, the leveling goes so fast (for an MMO) it doesn't matter if you start over or keep going with the character you already made. The important thing is that you play.

Play, Scotty! Play!

Hope to see you on there soon, man.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I got distracted by playing a game I am very close to beating last night. It will probably be Sunday that I subscribe again since that is my next day off work.

Loony BoB
10-02-2014, 05:18 PM
See you then :D

Scotty_ffgamer
10-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Resubscribed and am now just downloading patches I guess. Forgot that was going to be a thing that needed to happen, haha. I'll probably be on for a bit tonight :D

*Devore*
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately I have loads going on so I won't be able to play for a while. :( But I'll be able to start playing again around late January to early February so don't kick me from the Company/Linkshell please.

radicaledward124
12-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Im starting anew so i can split my time with my Pretties on another server, but all the same I can't wait to start kicking the digital butt with you guys!! Im Kai Teague on Sargatanas too, the only thing I changed this time around is i started as a different class instead of being a tank.

Dat Matt
12-29-2014, 10:05 PM
I think after level 20 you can change your roles by taking the guildquest for the locations. So if you started as Marauder you could change to Archaist at level 20 after the initial job opens up.

Right?

Loony BoB
12-30-2014, 12:05 AM
I think it's actually level 10, but I've been wrong about this stuff before. And yeah you need to ensure you don't just reach the level, but also complete the class quests.

chionos
12-30-2014, 03:47 AM
It's 10. Haven't been on in a while (holidays) but I'll be back soon.

RagnorokKing
01-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Hey I just started ARR and was wondering of i could join. I'm playing an arcanist.

Loony BoB
01-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Sure, just message one of the leaders in the game. What's your FFXIV name?

RagnorokKing
01-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Ragnorok King

Loony BoB
01-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Tried to add you but you aren't online at the moment!

The following people can invite you to the FC/LS, so be sure to send one of them an friend request and/or /tell when you get the opportunity. Just type in something like...

/tell Loony Bob hi can you add me to the gang? :)

Anyway, the character names to ask are...

Loony Bob
Smitten Kitten
Humphrey Squibbles
Lumos Lightheart
Vin Weasel
Ellanelle Nevaria
Bierhumpen Kukki
Patroclus Menoteius
Liara Lavender
Ravan Farseer
Tarantio Farseer
Chalumeau Fenrir
Valerna Kuchiki
Yeargdribble Fenrir
Despard Silverbranch
Bleys Maynard
Jessica Thierremont
Xabie Linden

Between all those names I'm confident you'll get hold of at least one of us! :D To be honest, I'd be surprised if you can't get hold of at least one of the top four during most hours, but use the rest as a good list of backups. ;)

RagnorokKing
01-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Do I have to be on a specific server to join?

Loony BoB
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Yeah - Sargatanas. :)

RagnorokKing
01-03-2015, 05:41 PM
ah dang it. That legacy servers full.
im not even sure i can get in seeing as im not a legacy character.

Loony BoB
01-03-2015, 05:45 PM
You can definitely create characters on legacy servers, although sometimes they are classed as "Full" - check back in 15 minutes or so and you might get in. Everyone here has done so far, even if it took some people a few attempts at different times. :)

If you can't see the Sargatanas server at all, you might need to click into another list of servers somehow. Check around at the server selection area to see if there are other buttons that open up more servers and you should hopefully find it there.

RagnorokKing
01-03-2015, 05:46 PM
i see it, just waiting for a chance to enter.

RagnorokKing
01-03-2015, 05:59 PM
sorry to double post but im really itchin to try out the rogue.
Which class would be fastest to level in your opinion.
I'm thinkin Monk just cause i can kill stuff faster.

Loony BoB
01-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Honestly? All of them level about as fast as each other. Go with what you want to try out first, see how you like it, and then try something else, and in time you'll learn what you love most. I'll note that DPS tend to have a less stressful job than tanks and healers, but also find it harder to get a party together when you start crawling dungeons.

RagnorokKing
01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
i already started a summoner on a different server, but im just gonna stick with it and create a new summoner.
I really dig the ability to debilitate and keep an eye on health.
man i love waiting.

Dat Matt
01-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Healer and Tank are fastest to level because you can run dungeons much faster. Queue times are much faster because there are a millon DPS classes but only 2x Healer/Tank.

That was one of the main reasons I chose Scholar over Summoner, actually.

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Yeah all of the classes are super fun and are very well balanced. DPS classes tend to have longer wait times but there's no shortage of tanks and healers in our FC that'll queue along with you to help out with that c:

RagnorokKing
01-06-2015, 02:02 PM
got to the same level i was at in about half the time.
A lot easier when you know where to go.

Tyson
02-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Only just got into FF XIV 2 weeks ago, I'm a level 25 Gladiator currently. Just transferred to Sargatanas an hour ago tho if you guys wanna shoot me an invite! :)

Loony BoB
02-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Try to send a /tell to any of the leaders, Tyson, asking for an invite. I won't be online for a while now but there are people in different timezones that should be. Your best bet may be Humphrey Squibbles, being that you're in Perth.

Kozmos
03-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone! I was playing on Balmung this summer, but never really found a good group to play with, so I decided to reroll on Sargatanas. I'd love to join up! My character name is Kozmos Shadowstar.

Lumos
03-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone! I was playing on Balmung this summer, but never really found a good group to play with, so I decided to reroll on Sargatanas. I'd love to join up! My character name is Kozmos Shadowstar.

Please look for me and I'll get you invited straight away :) I'm usually online til about 10PM eastern, sometimes later. Lumos Lightheart, Lavender Beds ward 7, house 5, the FC house is #6

o_O
03-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Only just got into FF XIV 2 weeks ago, I'm a level 25 Gladiator currently. Just transferred to Sargatanas an hour ago tho if you guys wanna shoot me an invite! :)

I'll try to keep an eye out for ya! If you catch me online (I usually hang around Limsa Lower Decks when I'm not out fighting stuff) then send me a tell; I'm online most nights.

DarkMatta
08-14-2015, 04:14 PM
I haven't played for a while, but I may just come back and transfer to your server and join you guys, based on the statement that you guys just like to have fun and not take the game too serious.

Is the LS/FC still going strong?

Night Fury
08-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Yep still going strong!

Leigh
08-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi folks! :) I'm getting back into this thing! Who is the best person to contact to join you guys? :)

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2015, 04:58 AM
You can /tell the people listed on the front page, which hasn't been updated in some time. Here's a more accurate list, anybody with the rank Fatter Chocobo or higher up on this list can invite you:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9237305048201953789/member/

c:

Dat Matt
08-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Best person is probably Loony Bob or Lumos Lightheart as they are on most all the time.

Lumos doesn't check the forum too much though, so Loony Bob is probably the best person to PM here.

nirojan
09-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Hey guys so I just bought XIV on both PS3 and PS4 (I intend to play on the later), I also have my old PC collector's edition attached to my Square Enix account. Hopefully I can get back to the game I left back in like 2011. I'll post my new character info when I get everything setup!

nirojan
09-14-2015, 11:47 AM
So I'm in the same world as you guys and I'm a gladiator. Name is Darkmoon Crescent. I think I sent a friend request to Loony Bob already.

escobert
12-24-2015, 01:17 AM
Hiya guys! Shoot me an invite when you have the chance. Ninbert Voun :D thanks!

Lawlshark
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Just curious if the FC is still going? I'm on Cactuar but may transfer. I'm kind of a newbie looking for a nice place!

Loony BoB
02-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Yep! We're booming with members lately!

Omni-Odin
02-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone. Just got this game again on PS4 and I'm gonna start a new character. I'll try to make the name Omni-Odin to match up. Excited to get in an FC with you guys.

Shauna
02-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Excellent! See you in-game!

CimminyCricket
02-29-2016, 11:20 PM
Finally got around to installing and playing last week.

Caedus Ulvein is character name.

11/10 very good game

sinuosity
07-03-2016, 05:10 AM
Just started this week.

I'm Sinuosity Byzantium

Game sure is pretty! Any chance of an invite?

Fynn
07-03-2016, 06:29 AM
My wife and I started yesterday!

Still on free trial though.

Shauna
07-03-2016, 10:21 AM
So that's where you were all day.

Jinx
07-03-2016, 01:31 PM
what's your name, fynn?

Fynn
07-03-2016, 03:35 PM
A'nutoh Tia. Picked one that fits in the lore. However, we're still on free trial so you won't be able to add me to your friends list :( We should activate our full accounts next week, though!

Shauna
07-03-2016, 04:07 PM
We should still be able to do recruit a friend and get you some goodies... EXP boostin' things and whatnot.

fat_moogle
07-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Room for one more? I've just resubbed. I'm waaaay behind, and I'm still a newbie at this game really. I'm a Level 50 DRG and my next quest is the "Whorl Eater" trial.

Formalhaut
07-18-2016, 12:27 AM
Newbies are exactly the sort of people who should join Free Companies. Best way to learn anything is within a safe group that won't shout at you for messing up!

Jinx
07-18-2016, 01:00 AM
Room for one more? I've just resubbed. I'm waaaay behind, and I'm still a newbie at this game really. I'm a Level 50 DRG and my next quest is the "Whorl Eater" trial.

SHIT YES BB GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I will totally do stuff with you, btw.

fat_moogle
07-18-2016, 05:27 PM

SHIT YES BB GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I FORGET HOW TO JOIN. HELP.

Jinx
07-18-2016, 05:41 PM

trout YES BB GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Are you online? Send a tell to The Bulge!

fat_moogle
07-18-2016, 05:59 PM

trout YES BB GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Are you online? Send a tell to The Bulge!
I'm not online yet but I'll log in now :)

Fillde Laterra
09-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Hi everyone! Do you have room for one more new player?

Shauna
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Any time! :)

Fillde Laterra
09-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Wonderful! I'll try sending a tell in game or a post. When would be a good time to find someone online?

Have a great day.

Jinx
09-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Haru Elric, Loony Bob, or The Bulge are the best people to message to get an invite. One of them is always on! :)

Loony BoB
09-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Invite sent. :)

Fillde Laterra
09-11-2016, 03:30 AM
Yes, yes I got it!

BrokenGlass
11-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Hello my name is Glass Edge and I recently transferred to Sargantas so I could check out a legacy server. I was wondering if you were still recruiting, I would like to join.

I hope I am posting in the right thread...

Thanks a lot, happy to provide any info on request.

Shauna
11-30-2016, 08:37 AM
No problem! If you search for Haru Elric or Loony Bob you'll get someone who can invite you.

Night Fury
11-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Humphrey Squibbles will most likely be online

Lindar
11-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Hi and thanks again for letting me join the FC! :3

I've been inactive for very long time in here huh D:

Octavious
04-18-2020, 11:39 AM
Oops made a new thread without paying attention to the stickies lol. Regardless, I am back and would love to join the FC again! It has been a very long time!