PDA

View Full Version : FTL: Faster Than Light

Pike
06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/122/1226095/ftl-faster-than-light-20120915014330855-000.jpg

This is a superfun little Star Trek-esque game but it also makes me ANGRY :argh: because it's not very forgiving. It's addictive though. I ragequit and now ten minutes later I want to play it again.

Has anyone else played this game? And yes, I know, it came out like a year ago. My backlog is really huge okay? :( It took me a while to get around to it.

Nicolas
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I have and I love it, but as you said... ragequit. So often it makes you ragequit. I spent a while in the game just trying to figure out how to play it 'cause if there were tutorials of any sort, I wasn't paying attention.

Madame Adequate
06-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah FTL is a game that makes you ragequit and then a few minutes later you're back in trying again. Once you get the hang of it it gets better, but there's still a big luck element involved.

It's such a good game though :love:

Scotty_ffgamer
06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
I still haven't gotten all the way to the end yet, but I love this game. Several months ago, all of my roommates at college and I got really obsessed with this game. We would just sit in the living room and play on our laptops while sharing the hilarious names we gave our ship and crew. I should try playing it again. I think I was the one who got the furthest in the game when we all played. I think it was a pretty awesome game where early on I had lost all of my crew except for Dutch (I named all of my crew after Arnold Schwarzenegger), but then made a huge comeback, almost making it to the end.

Rantz
06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
My coworker plays this game and has recommended it to me. It looks like good fun! I wanna try it.

Pike
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Rocking my current playthrough but I know it's only a matter of time before I get screwed over and ragequit again. Great game but good god it's rage inducing.