PDA

View Full Version : Recent discoveries.

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Wouldn't life be boring if we'd already discovered things?

I always wonder why sometimes I say "Omg how can you not have seen/eaten/heard etc that!" to people, because when I discover something new it is THE GREATEST THING EVER.

Recent discoveries for me - as in the last 3 months - are

Crunchy Peanut Butter. (ikr)
The IT Crowd
Gossip Girl (do not judge me!)
Oil based perfumes
Vodka, Cranberry, and soda
Crab

Have you 'discovered' a love for something new here? Or maybe you need ideas for a new discovery? :o I highly recommend The IT Crowd to anyone who enjoys comedy and laughing.

Chris
06-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Recently discovered my Warm Vanilla/Shea Butter body butter. Dunno how I've lived without it for so long. :stare: I smell like vanilla ice cream on a beach. :love:

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Recently discovered my Warm Vanilla/Shea Butter body butter. Dunno how I've lived without it for so long. :stare: I smell like vanilla ice cream on a beach. :love:

Omgosh. I use almond body butter and it is amazing. My skin has been so soft and velvetty AND it smells amazing too.

Also, body butter is great for massages ;D

Shauna
06-26-2013, 07:50 PM

I will judge you long and hard, while simultaneously chatting to you about all the dumb plot threads.

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 07:51 PM

I will judge you long and hard, while simultaneously chatting to you about all the dumb plot threads.

I read ahead. I'm so pissed at who 'Gossip Girl' is. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. AT ALL. I hate like 80% of the characters in it... But I'm still watching it.

Mahad
06-26-2013, 07:52 PM
It's not a personal discovery, but I discovered there's people out there who have never had the pleasure of eating watermelon. I can't imagine a life like that.

Shauna
06-26-2013, 07:54 PM

I read ahead. I'm so pissed at who 'Gossip Girl' is. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. AT ALL. I hate like 80% of the characters in it... But I'm still watching it.

I know. It is awful. I was so mad when I watched it. Everyone is awful, yeah. But some of them are such beautiful people that my hatred is dulled. ;___;

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 07:55 PM

I know. It is awful. I was so mad when I watched it. Everyone is awful, yeah. But some of them are such beautiful people that my hatred is dulled. ;___;

Chuck Bass is such a douche but... I think he's my Gossip Girl crush.

Jinx
06-26-2013, 08:23 PM
I love Gossip Girl with a terrifying passion. Make a thread, Locky. xD

It's not that I've "discovered it" but things that have been awesome lately:

-Beer
-Fresh cold cuts
-Library books

Shorty
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
You've never seen The IT Crowd before?! BUT YOU'RE IN THE UK SILLY GIRL

Cloud Atlas is one for me. I was in and out of the movie kindof falling asleep and I can't stand Hallie Berry and Tom Hanks, but James D'Arcy, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess and Bae Doona all fucking came through like I would not believed. I loved each and every one of their characters and the Neo Seoul timeline shattered my heart and put it back together again. I picked up the book and I can't wait to read the scenes that made me so emotional and to see how the author conveys them through words as opposed to on-screen.

The Vaccines are another recent discovery. One song in particular, Wetsuit, goes through my head nonstop and I can't get it out even when I want to! I like a good many of the songs from that album as well, but that one in particular just will nottt gettt outtt.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I've recently discovered the original Evil Dead films. I've seen 1 and 2 so far. I still have yet to see Army of Darkness. They are fantastic, though. I've also been discovering a lot of bands lately. Unfortunately I can never remember the names of bands for some reason.

Dat Matt
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I have never IT crowd. I never liked it the first time i saw it. Might give it another shot if I can get passed the ever growing backlog of shows, games and anime I have... :sweat:

Shlup
06-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I recently started watching Castle. It is enjoyable.
Breastfeeding is really uncomfortable.
I love cauliflower. Love.
My uterus is shaped weird. Supposedly like a heart.

noxious.sunshine
06-27-2013, 12:29 AM
I used to love GG when it first came out, but I got bored with it after like the 2nd season.

Beautiful Day Bath & Body Works perfume & lotion. I used to hate flowery ish, but this smells -awesome-.

Zumiez. I love that store. And they now have them in TN. I'm so stoked.

Agent Proto
06-27-2013, 03:44 AM
This isn't really a discovery, more like a re-discovery, because I just rediscovered how useful the smudge tool is when you're coloring on photoshop! :)

Pike
06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
I recently discovered that FTL is a freaking fantastic game but that it also makes me ANGRY :argh:

noxious.sunshine
06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah. My kid is all into Handy Manny.. And I'm thinking "Damn. Handy Manny got a sexy ass voice." .. Just idly. And so I google who the voice actor is (cuz I already knew a couple of the tools were on "Rugrats" before).

... It's -Wilmer mothereffing Valderrama-. Yeah. Shocker.

Shoeberto
06-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Recent Big Discoveries:

Intense levels of humility at the general unfairness of life.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
One word.

Nurse Oakes.

Raistlin
06-29-2013, 12:01 AM
I recently discovered how ridiculously cheap cell phones are nowadays. I got a new phone to use for work that was $15 for the phone, and then $30/month for more minutes than I should need.

Cuchulainn
06-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Grey pubes

Shlup
06-29-2013, 02:09 AM
I recently discovered how ridiculously cheap cell phones are nowadays. I got a new phone to use for work that was $15 for the phone, and then $30/month for more minutes than I should need.

My phone is $19 a month for unlimited everything except picture texts. The phone itself was expensive though...

Raistlin
06-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Oh, my personal phone is like $15/month for everything. :p But that involves a contract and being on a family plan. I only need this work phone for less than 3 months, so wasn't going to get a whole contract or an expensive phone. I realize now it wasn't clear out-of-context that I was referring to phones even without an extended contract.

Pike
06-30-2013, 10:31 AM
What the hell my phone is like $50/month and I'm on basic :(

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2013, 11:00 PM
What the Hell? $15/month on a contract?

Even with Cricket I paid at least $60/month ...

Rebellious Eagle
07-01-2013, 01:42 AM
I recently discovered the awesomeness that is Bollywood movies. They're just too fun. Omg.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Today I discovered this place called Smashburger. It is amazing. Best fries I have ever had. Smashfries. So freaking good.

Unbreakable Will
07-01-2013, 05:29 AM
Since my recent divorce I've discovered that having a social life is actually pretty fucking awesome. Bahaha. :D

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Ooo i think theres a smashburger somewhere around here...

I don't think I could ever go through with getting married. I like having the option to walk away without spending a sht ton of money to do it

Shlup
07-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Oh, my personal phone is like $15/month for everything. :p But that involves a contract and being on a family plan. I only need this work phone for less than 3 months, so wasn't going to get a whole contract or an expensive phone. I realize now it wasn't clear out-of-context that I was referring to phones even without an extended contract.

Oh yeah, my last phone was that cheap on a family plan, but the initial line cost more so it was expensive overall. Now we're both $19/mo with no contract on Republic Wireless, though getting rid of the ability to send picture texts right before having a baby might've been a dumb idea.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 06:15 AM
I just discovered that Pike's sig kinda creeps me out.

That Squall/Seifer thing would -never- work. It'd be an abusive relationship and Seifer would wind up in jail for domestic violence.

Shorty
07-01-2013, 06:17 AM
What are you talking about? Pike's signature is amazing.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 06:21 AM
lol it's totes not 'cuz it's all Man Love whatever. I don't care about that. But that dragon dinosaur thing tickling that kid on top of Seifer & Squall making out? ............ hehe. Sorry.

It's like that damn Skecher's "Daddy's Girl$" commercial. As soon as I saw it I was like "No freaking way. 14 year olds singing about being "Daddy's Girls" with a freaking dollar sign!? Baby prostitutes, yo." and it's disturbed me ever since.

The sig isn't as bad as -that- though.

Loony BoB
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Removing the sealing from a bath is a pain in the arse and, at least in our case, it takes forever.

*calls in a tiler*

Pike
07-01-2013, 03:59 PM
lol it's totes not 'cuz it's all Man Love whatever. I don't care about that. But that dragon dinosaur thing tickling that kid on top of Seifer & Squall making out? ............ hehe. Sorry.

That's not my sig, that's a prank that affected all of staff earlier :p

(And it was still amazing, regardless)

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Oh -really-!? lmao I wondered. You had it and then Sarah and I was like "... Guess it's a thing now. Whatevs.."

Shorty
07-01-2013, 06:31 PM
It's only for staff. No one else allowed. This is me being a fun-sucker.

I have recently discovered witch hazel and Pond's nourishing moisturizer. Oh my god, my face has never been so soft before.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 08:29 PM
lulz....

I wanna try Pond's Black Tar whatever stuff they sell in Japan. I also really want Botox ... Or a good wrinkle cream. It's all really expensive though -_-; But then again, I almost never actually wash my face at night. Yep. I sleep in my makeup. Probably the worst thing ever, but my makeup fades at some point anyway, so yeah.

Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk. I rediscovered it. I picked some up in Phoenix once and started using it 'cuz my hair stayed super dry out there and it worked wonders. This is the only Garnier product I actually use besides their hair dye. Their Shampoo & Conditioner really eff with my hair.

Citizen Bleys
07-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I discovered Doctor Who in April.

I would have given it a miss yet again if I hadn't been really impressed by David Tennant's version of Much Ado About Nothing.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Everyone should discover Homeland. XD