PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows You Can't Stop Watching...

Shauna
06-26-2013, 08:16 PM
...despite knowing that they are bad and you should stop. I will extend this to all media. Your guilty pleasures.

Locky's thread in GC mentioning Gossip Girl reminded me of this.

I started watching Gossip Girl because I knew some people who enjoyed it. I didn't like it. I thought it was dumb. Everyone was awful. Yet, I watched it right through to the end. Week in, week out, religiously watching. I whined and complained and hated everyone and thought it was bad but I just couldn't stop watching. Ultimate guilty pleasure. xD

The Walking Dead falls under this heading for me. Thoroughly dislike it, yet I watch it from week to week, without fail.

In non-TV show media, I read the Naruto and Bleach manga. It's bad, but I keep reading.

I rationalise it away with having invested too much time in things to stop now - might as well see it through to the end.

How about you guys? Any guilty pleasures? Anything you just keep watching despite getting little enjoyment from it? Hate-Watching, as has been said!

Jinx
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Doctor Who.

Shauna
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Actually yes. I have not enjoyed Doctor Who for a few years, but I continue to watch. xD

LocoColt04
06-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Doctor Who.This isn't even up for debate. Even some of the less-impressive Matt Smith episodes... gotta watch them all.

Jinx
06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh. We're saying shows we hate-watch?

Definitely Game of Thrones. I really hate what they've done on the show (save a few scenes, the incredible music, and the beautiful costuming), but I can't give it up.

Pumpkin
06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Gossip girl was one of them. Also Degrassi and 90210.

Shauna
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh. We're saying shows we hate-watch?

I have not heard this term before. It sums up everything quite nicely. I shall adopt it.

Del Murder
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Game of Thrones. It's too much of a downer, but I want to see how it ends.

supernaps
06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
The Vampire Diaries. It's laughable in so many ways, but yet something brings me back to it.

Denmark
06-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Game of Thrones. It's too much of a downer, but I want to see how it ends.

the seven kingdoms are united under the leadership of new king Hot Pie

I hate-watched The Big Bang Theory for a while, and I really can't tell you why.

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Gossip Girl for me too.

I'm sure it's all down to this smug :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29600000/Suit-yourself-a-Bass-chuck-bass-29673395-733-699.jpg

Pumpkin
06-26-2013, 09:12 PM
I think Blair is the prettiest girl ever and I want to switch bodies with her :(.

Night Fury
06-26-2013, 09:14 PM
No! I think Serena is the hottest, she has that surfer beach girl thing going on!

Dan totally annoys me and so does Nate with his constant shitty broodyness. Chuck is the only good guy in there. Oh, and I fancy Dan's Dad.

DanielCLFFF13
06-26-2013, 09:14 PM

Araciel
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Rocket Robin Hood

supernaps
06-26-2013, 09:24 PM
No! I think Serena is the hottest, she has that surfer beach girl thing going on!

Dan totally annoys me and so does Nate with his constant troutty broodyness. Chuck is the only good guy in there. Oh, and I fancy Dan's Dad.

Chuck is the only good guy? How many episodes have you watched?

And add Gossip Girl, for me as well. (thought we were only talking about on-going shows)
S1 and S2 were okay. After S3, it went downhill, with S6 regarded by many, as the trainwreck of the decade. Yet, there I was watching it.

Shauna
06-26-2013, 09:27 PM

I have to agree with shion on this one, Blair is prettier. :p

Chuck Bass is a massive douchebag, but... he suits up dammit. :(

Pumpkin
06-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Chuck Bass looks like a hundred times better in the later seasons.

He looks like such a dweeb at first :lol:

Miriel
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
The Vampire Diaries. It's laughable in so many ways, but yet something brings me back to it.

Yes, definitely Vampire Diaries. Although to be fair, it was actually a really good show the first 2 years. Fast paced, great characters, lots of "OH CRAP!" moments. But it turned into a hot mess somewhere around season 3.

Grey's Anatomy is the worst, but I've consistently watched it for like 8 years now.

Game of Thrones & The Walking Dead both make me grumble in frustration, but I still tune in every week.

noxious.sunshine
06-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Spongebob is awesome.

Keeping Up W The Kardashians. Yeaaaahhhhh boi! & Power Rangers. Yall know that though. Mmmm Tommy *drools*.. I'd still tap that.

supernaps
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM

Yes, definitely Vampire Diaries. Although to be fair, it was actually a really good show the first 2 years. Fast paced, great characters, lots of "OH CRAP!" moments. But it turned into a hot mess somewhere around season 3.

Grey's Anatomy is the worst, but I've consistently watched it for like 8 years now.

S1 was too much cheesy factory, S2 was pretty cool though, definitely the best. S3 was as mediocre as it goes and S4 is just..a joke.

Oh Grey's Anatomy, I gave up halfway when I realized by the time it ended the deceased list would be longer than the alive one. I mean, it's okay to kill a few characters but not annihilating the whole hospital crew goddammit.

Shauna
06-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Oh Grey's Anatomy, I gave up halfway when I realized by the time it ended the deceased list would be longer than the alive one. I mean, it's okay to kill a few characters but not annihilating the whole hospital crew goddammit.

Yep, that's not changed.

Agent Proto
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Eh, Saved By the Bell. That's kinda old school, but whenever it shows while I'm watching TV, I tend to stick around to watch. I've seen all the episodes so I know what's going to happen, but I still enjoy the show very much!

Shorty
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Justy and I hate-watched Jersey Shore together. I've hate-watched the last couple of seasons of Dexter. Nothing will ever pass up Trinity! I had such hopes for the Professor season, but it didn't pull through and neither did the season after it, goddamn it. :colbert:

Other than that, I don't think I hate-watch other shows. I don't watch general tv, so when I actually sit down to watch something I choose to do it with something I'll (hopefully) enjoy instead of wasting time hating what I'm watching.

Pike
06-26-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't watch shows that I don't like (or have a love/hate relationship with or w/e)

Jinx
06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Oh oh

I have a great one

True Blood

supernaps
06-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Oh oh

I have a great one

True Blood

True Blood can get ridiculous at times, but it has Jason Stackhouse. And Pam.
Solely for them, I wouldn't stop watching it, even if it reaches 90210 levels.

Jinx
06-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Oh oh

I have a great one

True Blood

True Blood can get ridiculous at times, but it has Jason Stackhouse. And Pam.
Solely for them, I wouldn't stop watching it, even if it reaches 90210 levels.

I think the only reason I keep watching is because I have an insane crush on Jessica.

Raistlin
06-27-2013, 12:22 AM
True Blood is the only terrible show I watch that's still active, though I'm having trouble caring enough to watch any of the new season so far.

My "guilty pleasure" show used to be Smallville, which fortunately ended.

Jinx
06-27-2013, 12:24 AM
True Blood is the only terrible show I watch that's still active, though I'm having trouble caring enough to watch any of the new season so far.

I've been with this bitch for the last 4 years.

I'm riding it out til the end at this point.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Probably V, the original.

Shorty
06-27-2013, 12:26 AM
I didn't know it was still going. I quit before the end of season one.

Jinx
06-27-2013, 12:29 AM
I didn't know it was still going. I quit before the end of season one.

Yup, season 6 now.

And I mean this in a total non-condescending way: if you couldn't follow it then, don't even try to pick it up now.

Don't.

Just....

don't.

Shorty
06-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Believe me, I am well aware of the adventures of Sookie Stackhouse. I have no interest whatsoever.

noxious.sunshine
06-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh I loved Jerzey shore!

Pike
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh wait guilty pleasures?

How about any of those ridiculous "reality" shows like Cake Boss or Auction Kings (or whatever that one was called) because I will watch the heck out of those

Miriel
06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Oh oh

I have a great one

True Blood

That is a perfect example. It is the biggest trainwreck of a show, but will I watch every single episode? YOU BET YOUR ASS I WILL!

Inferno
06-27-2013, 03:02 PM
True blood for me too. A friend of mine told me it was the best thing ever. So I watched the whole 5 seasons despite not liking it. I will not watch season 6 !

Another one is How I met your mother. The first 7 seasons were good, but I thought the last season was kind of boring. I don't know, it seems like the authors are kind of tired and just want to get this over with. It's not as funny as it was before

Shoeberto
06-27-2013, 03:08 PM
When I met my fiancee, she said that she loved Survivor. She said she knew it was dumb, but it was a nice way to turn her brain off and just enjoy TV.

I've watched two seasons with her now, and I'm hooked.

God damn you, Survivor.

Denmark
06-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I guess you could count pretty much any show I watch on Food Network in this list too. Not because I don't like the show, more because they make me hungry and hate myself. Especially Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. God damn you, Guy Fieri.

noxious.sunshine
06-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Homeland.

It must be watched. By all of you. It's super addictive. No joke. I got the BF into it and then we made the roommate watch it and he was like "Not gonna liiiikeeee itttt!" ..... Yeaaahhh .. He loves it now. Jay didn't move from the bed for like 12 hrs straight except to use the bathroom 'cuz he was so into it.

Madame Adequate
06-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Oh wait guilty pleasures?

How about any of those ridiculous "reality" shows like Cake Boss or Auction Kings (or whatever that one was called) because I will watch the heck out of those

Cake Boss is amazing I don't even know why I love it but I do

But the best auction show is any hosted by David Dickinson because he is a badman. America truly is poorer for lacking him and his orange face :(

Other semi-guilty pleasure is Falling Skies. It's not the best show ever but it's a major network putting money into a sci-fi alien invasion show, I'll sure as hell take that on principle. It's also actually a lot of fun even though it could be better. :p

Pike
06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah they can make a reality show about the stupidest thing and I will watch the hell out of it

There's one about people who buy lost luggage after it hasn't been claimed for a year or something; they aren't allowed to open up the suitcase until after they buy it so it's all a big gamble and a show about opening suitcases REALLY shouldn't be as addictive as it is

Araciel
06-27-2013, 04:58 PM
+1 for Falling Skies.

I found myself wanting the jock guy to get the bad girl... UGH

Night Fury
06-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Me and my housemate are pretty into 16 and Pregnant at the moment.

Shauna
06-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Don't Tell the Bride is a bad bad show, but there is some joy I get from watching the women have breakdowns. *_*

Del Murder
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh, The Bachelor/The Bachelorette for sure falls in this category. Man this show is awful but I actually...look forward to it each week. Well, The Bachelor more than The Bachelorette because the groups of women have way more drama.

Shorty
06-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Oh man, I was forced to sit through an episode of The Bachelorette the other night. That was terrible.

Madame Adequate
06-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah they can make a reality show about the stupidest thing and I will watch the hell out of it

There's one about people who buy lost luggage after it hasn't been claimed for a year or something; they aren't allowed to open up the suitcase until after they buy it so it's all a big gamble and a show about opening suitcases REALLY shouldn't be as addictive as it is

This sounds amazing. Why does this sound amazing? I know exactly how stupid it actually is and yet it sounds like something we would watch forever. What is wrong with us.

+1 for Falling Skies.

I found myself wanting the jock guy to get the bad girl... UGH

I want him to get with John Pope.

Pike
06-27-2013, 09:02 PM

This sounds amazing. Why does this sound amazing? I know exactly how stupid it actually is and yet it sounds like something we would watch forever. What is wrong with us.

I don't know but let's watch it on our next visit :squee:

Shorty
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM
nerds xDD

Denmark
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM
so it's Storage Wars but with suitcases? seems like an original idea to me

I Took the Red Pill
06-27-2013, 09:14 PM
I watched the first two seasons of Skins (UK) and I felt like a real loser while doing it.

LunarWeaver
06-28-2013, 03:18 AM
I watch Teen Wolf. :gator: That should be the most embarrassing thing about me, but I am a deep cavern of increasingly hideous confessions.

Madame Adequate
06-29-2013, 03:37 PM
nerds xDD

Sarah your constant misuse of this word has become

noxious.sunshine
06-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm Jelly.

Errbody's all friends and hangs out and knows each other 'cept me. :smash:

Kidding.

OMG MY DAD LOVES STORAGE WARS. And Shipping Wars. He does realize it's all fake.
He also loves Barrett Jackson Auto Auctions and NASCAR.

I love me some Operacion Repo though lmao.. I think it's hilarious. And the chubby Messcan is cute as fk. What's his name?