PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Edition bonuses FAQ

Loony BoB
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
There seems to be a bit of confusion over this, so I thought I'd clear it up as best I can to my knowledge. Of course, if anything seems wrong, feel free to correct me!

Full details: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/
In-game bonuses (XIV:ARR CE): Helm of Light, Coeurl mount, Behemoth chocobo barding, Baby Behemoth minion.
Physical items (XIV:ARR CE): Exclusive box, art book, movie content disc, soundtrack, art cards, security token.
Pre-order bonuses (XIV:ARR or XIV:ARR CE): Early access, Cait Sith Doll minion, Mog Cap
In-game bonuses (XIV:1.x CE - the old game): Onion Knight Helm

If you own the original Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition from FFXIV 1.x (the old game) already
- You will get the in-game bonuses for the ARR Collector's Edition.
- You will NOT get the physical items that come with the ARR Collector's Edition.
- You will NOT get the in-game bonuses for pre-ordering the ARR game.
- You will retain your old in-game bonus items that you got with the original Collector's Edition (1.x - the old game).

If you buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition when it launches
- You will get the physical items that come with the ARR Collector's Edition.
- You will NOT get the in-game bonuses for pre-ordering ARR game.
- You will NOT instantly get the in-game bonus items from the original Collector's Edition (1.x - the old game).

If you pre-order Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition
- You will get the physical items that come with the ARR Collector's Edition.
- You will get the in-game bonuses for pre-ordering ARR game.
- You will NOT instantly get the in-game bonus items from the original Collector's Edition (1.x - the old game).

If you want everything...
- Pre-order the Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- Already own the original copy of Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition (1.x - the old game).

I hope that clears things up a little.

Ouch!
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
So wait, despite having the collector's edition from 1.x's launch, unless I pre-order a copy of the game again I don't get the early access? That is... not cool.

Loony BoB
06-27-2013, 02:58 PM
If you're a Legacy player I think you get early access anyway as part of a separate promotion. I'm not 100% certain, though.

Ouch!
06-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Oh right, I do believe that was part of the Legacy promotion in the first place. Herp, derp, ignore me.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
might i add, that all legacy-players were promised the new coeurl mount as well as the behemoth minion. oO

Valerna
06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
might i add, that all legacy-players were promised the new coeurl mount as well as the behemoth minion. oO

And Behemot barding if I'm not mistaken

Madame Adequate
06-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Coeurl mount

wow, GOAT preorder bonus, so curl, day one buy, 10/10 cat mount

Dark_Vincent
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Can you use the same cd-key from the PS3 version on a PC and vice-versa like we did in FFXI?

brearj
06-28-2013, 04:45 AM
If you're a Legacy player I think you get early access anyway as part of a separate promotion. I'm not 100% certain, though.

I preorder mines from gamestop. They print it right on the preorder receipt for the early access, mog hat, and cat stith pet. Technically you could just preorder for $
5 and then cancel it or move it to another game >.>;; But you didn't hear that from me :p

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 07:12 AM
I don't know about Gamestop, but for me, I couldn't get the code until I committed to purchase. Basically the codes invalidate my right to cancel.