PDA

View Full Version : Original Kingdom Hearts Assets Lost to the Heartless.

Hollycat
06-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Apparently Square Enix has managed to either lose or accidentally delete the Master Assets of Kingdom Hearts. One might wonder how this effects the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, and you'll be happy to hear that the game is still on schedule.

Depending on how you view this, it could be a good thing. Since the origin data is gone, Square Enix is having to use data from the retail release version of the game for this remake, and indeed are actually having to remake portions of the game entirely. While we may just end up with the same game in HD, it is possible, and indeed likely in my opinion, that SE will have to rebuild some pieces of the game using modern tech. This could result in many of the bugs (remember the disappearing Trinities?) being fixed, and possibly a better looking remake than most HD collections.

Original Kingdom Hearts' Assets Lost - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost)

Do you think they'll use this opportunity to make the game better, or do you think it'll be the same old story?

Pheesh
06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Well obviously this isn't a new development, so I don't see how it could've possibly affected the release date.

Hollycat
06-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Well obviously this isn't a new development, so I don't see how it could've possibly affected the release date.

Obviously, but we didn't know, only SE did.

How the hell do you lose the data for a game anyways? Especially a best seller like KH?

Goldenboko
06-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Obviously, but we didn't know, only SE did.

How the hell do you lose the data for a game anyways? Especially a best seller like KH?

You've never worked for a software company, quite easily :lol:

dandy da oak
06-29-2013, 01:07 AM
It might be beneficial in a way! I expect there might be some decent improvements made, now that they're making the game with increased skills and knowledge! I'm excited to see how it turns out :D

Aulayna
06-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Wow. IGN are slow on the uptake of this one:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/150526-interview-tetsuya-nomura-about-kh1-5-kh3-final-fantasy-xv-e32013.html

Q. Can you let fans know what's involved in the process of remastering a title for HD?
A. Kingdom Hearts I was created so long ago that we'd actually lost some of the data so we actually had to dig the data out of a disc and re-create everything for HD (from the graphics to the textures). It's not actually as easy as it seems.

Hollycat
06-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Wow. IGN are slow on the uptake of this one:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/150526-interview-tetsuya-nomura-about-kh1-5-kh3-final-fantasy-xv-e32013.html

Q. Can you let fans know what's involved in the process of remastering a title for HD?
A. Kingdom Hearts I was created so long ago that we'd actually lost some of the data so we actually had to dig the data out of a disc and re-create everything for HD (from the graphics to the textures). It's not actually as easy as it seems.

Looks like I was as well.

Aulayna
06-30-2013, 03:48 PM
It's okay, I know no-one reads the front site. :(