PDA

View Full Version : To any EoFF people joining this weekend [UPDATED: Sargatanas is open for business!]

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Most EoFFers will be playing on the following servers...

1. Sargatanas - this is our home server in FFXIV. You should now be able to make characters here!
2. Moogle - If you can't access Sargatanas server then make one on Moogle for the time being.

Remember, your character will be WIPED at the end of Beta Phase Three, so any progress you make is inevtiably futile. What will remain is any character creation options you pick - basically at the end of the character creation process you are asked to save your character's appearance/sound, and you should be able to select it later on when creating new characters in this phase and future phases / launch.

Sadly I won't be at home until a good ten hours after Beta launches this weekend so I won't be able to get into the Linkshell and start getting people to chat amongst each other. Feel free to friend any of the following people and they will be able to help guide you...

1. Loony Bob (not available until 6-7pm GMT)
2. Smitten Kitten (ditto)
3. Bierhumpen Kukki
4. Valerna Softpaws (Valerna Kuchiki on Sargatanas)

To talk to them, an example would be...

/tell Bierhumpen Kukki Hello, it's Loony BoB from Eyes on Final Fantasy!

EDIT: Updated now that Sargatanas is open for new characters.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
im pretty sure i can invite ppl into our temporary ls on moogle. so just give me a tell like bob showed you and ill send you guys an invite. :)

Valerna
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
^^ Looking forward to see you all in Eorzea

theundeadhero
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
I will probably name myself Lagooshka as soon as it finally goes live.

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 10:33 AM
We're reliably informed that Sargatanas is now open for new characters, so please make characters on there if you can, everyone! It's the priority choice, if you like.

noxious.sunshine
06-28-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm in Ultros. -_-; oOPS.

But my character is Lylleth Leradine.

She's a Myoqo'te whatever thingy. Archer. Just seemed to make sense.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm in Ultros. -_-; oOPS.

But my character is Lylleth Leradine.

She's a Myoqo'te whatever thingy. Archer. Just seemed to make sense.

you can create up to 8 chars per server. so just go ahead and make a new one on Sargatanas.
ill be inviting ppl into the ls until bob gets home from work. :)

Mirage
06-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I wonder if I can level to 50 if I have a lv1 characters from v1 on that server. Time to test!

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure there's something like a L30 (or 30-something) cap for new characters joining any servers. Anyone above that level will not level any further, so I understand. Haven't had a chance to test, though, still at work. :(

Mirage
06-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I know the level cap is 35 for new characters, but that's the thing, it's not a new character.

It would probably follow the same rules as a lv50 character with for example another class at lv34. Would that character be able to level past 35 on that other class?

Valerna
06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
I know the level cap is 35 for new characters, but that's the thing, it's not a new character.

It would probably follow the same rules as a lv50 character with for example another class at lv34. Would that character be able to level past 35 on that other class?

No, characters new or old not lv50 are capped on lv35 :/ But remember that no progress is saved in beta3

Yar
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
So I won't be able to start playing this game when it immediately comes out, but say maybe a year down the road, will I still be able to play with you guys?

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Yup. Well, so long as we're still playing - a year is a long time to know what we'll all be up to. But if it remains fun and we're all enjoying ourselves, I don't see why not!

Yar
06-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Yay! I say "you guys", but I really just want to play with BoB. Sorry guys~

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
:<3: Don't worry, that's why the rest of them are playing, too.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-28-2013, 01:57 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/heart.gif Don't worry, that's why the rest of them are playing, too.

cocky arent we?^^ one more word and ill dissolve your harem bob!>.<

Loony BoB
06-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Just try it and I'll put you in with the Evil Midget Chef.

Del Murder
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Hopefully I can jump in for a brief introduction but my schedule is pretty full this weekend.

Carl the Llama
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Hope to be able to log on tonight when I get home from dialysis (4 hoursish from now). Any chance of an invite at that time?

SkyRender
06-28-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm a total noob to MMOs and I missed out on the last phase. I want to try to play in the Beta this weekend. I'll create a character on your server if you don't mind a Noob tagging along!

Pheesh
06-28-2013, 07:34 PM
I created my character tonight. Too late for me to start actually playing but the character name is Nail Bunny and I'm on the Sargatanas server. So everyone feel free to add me :D

Nicolas
06-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Awesome. Just made my character for the Sargatanas server. So, if anybody is around, it's Viadana Solacaire. Should be fun.

Del Murder
06-29-2013, 02:18 AM
I am stuck in tutorial hell.

Nicolas
06-29-2013, 02:32 AM
I am stuck in tutorial hell.

Haha. Yeah. The first bit is uh... yep. "Look at this! *popup* Oh, don't forget these other 20 items!"

Del Murder
06-29-2013, 02:36 AM
I found Nic but nobody else. Where is everyone? How do I do things.

Nicolas
06-29-2013, 02:38 AM
I'm basically picking up every random quest I can. What bits do you need help with?
And yeah, nobody is ever online when I'm on. So welcome to my hell.

Del Murder
06-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Oh, I know what to do. I'm jus playin'.

Anyone who cares: Tmoney Mcawesome

Now to download this trout for PS3 so I'm not stuck on a laptop. It ran the game pretty well though!

Nicolas
06-29-2013, 03:12 AM
Figured as much. ;o

But that is a beautiful name.

SkyRender
06-30-2013, 10:17 AM
I leveled an archer/pug/lancer to 10 each on the beta. Still not sure what class I want to be on release, I'm still debating male/female!! @_@

Are there links anywhere to what the female/male armor looked like in the old version of the game? I doubt there are any armor pics for ARR yet...

Carl the Llama
06-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I leveled an archer/pug/lancer to 10 each on the beta. Still not sure what class I want to be on release, I'm still debating male/female!! @_@

Are there links anywhere to what the female/male armor looked like in the old version of the game? I doubt there are any armor pics for ARR yet...

When you go to character creation you can change what the outfit of your character is wearing to the job's AF armour, and I have to say it looks fairly awesome lol.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM

here is a youtube link for all the male af. sadly i cant find a vid for the femal versions but i never rlly noticed major differences between male and femal armor.

Final Fantasy XIV - Artifact Armor Complete (AF) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNgh9_5i1UM)