PDA

View Full Version : TLC Celebrates The 20th Anniversary of "Waterfalls"....

noxious.sunshine
06-28-2013, 06:08 PM
..... By remaking the song replacing Lisa with Amuro Namie

Just Google it. I'm on my phone and am too lazy for that right now. I'm somewhere in Arkansas on my way to Tejas. Anywho.

Yes, Ms. Namie -raps- Lisa's part.

It's a Japan only release, but because it's TLC, of course the news made it over here.

Amuro Namie is one of my absolute fav JPop artists (as well as being one of the 1st I ever heard), & getting the chance to be on a remake of such a famous song is awesome for any artist, but imo more so for a foreign one...., But, this is just... Not right. Her vocals weren't strong enough rapping and I know she could've done a lot better with it. She sounds way too soft spoken and yeah.

Either way, it just sounds all wrong.

Thoughts?

Denmark
06-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I originally thought this thread was going to be about the TV channel TLC.

I'm slightly relieved that it's not.

The Weird Al parody will always be better.

Mirage
06-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Sounds more like TAC to me.

noxious.sunshine
06-28-2013, 08:42 PM
It's Namie. But this is just... A travesty. She could've done so much better.

Shorty
06-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Left-Eye was the best part of this group as it is and it's an abomination that they've brought someone on to replace her, goddamit.

Just make a new band name! Looking at you, "Sublime with Rome".

Mirage
06-29-2013, 12:53 AM
It's Namie. But this is just... A travesty. She could've done so much better.
If Namie isn't her family name, you should have written Ms Amuro earlier!

I was actually going to assume that you had properly written it with her family name first, but then you confused me by "missing" the wrong name :p

See, this is all your fault :(.

noxious.sunshine
06-29-2013, 05:35 AM
Her family name -is- Amuro. That's why I referred to her as Ms. Amuro (because that would be how it's done in English) and Namie otherwise.

Either way, it's not about her name. It's the fact that she laid weak vocals on a track that didn't need to be re-made in the first place.

And yes, Lisa -was- the life of the group.

Amuro Namie is a great artist on her own, but this shouldn't have been done.

Yar
06-29-2013, 06:47 AM
TLC's 'Waterfalls' -- We Were BLOCKED From Using Left Eye on Remake | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/28/tlc-waterfalls-lisa-left-eye-lopes-japan-remake-tribute/)
link care of Roogle's Facebook. :D

I like Amuro Namie. She's fun to dance to while you're drunk, and she's done some nice collaborations with other artists. This, however, is not one of them. There are too many "wtf" moments in this song and yet it still sounds too similar to the original to be better than the original.

I am so confused right now.

Mirage
06-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Her family name -is- Amuro. That's why I referred to her as Ms. Amuro (because that would be how it's done in English) and Namie otherwise.

Either way, it's not about her name. It's the fact that she laid weak vocals on a track that didn't need to be re-made in the first place.

And yes, Lisa -was- the life of the group.

Amuro Namie is a great artist on her own, but this shouldn't have been done.

But you didn't refer to her as Ms Amuro :p

Yes, Ms. Namie -raps- Lisa's part.

noxious.sunshine
06-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh right that.

It's like when my chitterlings at school called me Ms. Jamie. That's what I was thinking of.

Why is this an issue? lol

Amuro Namie -is- a ton of fun to sing and dance to when you're drunk and it makes me -sick- that the beesh is nearly 40 and still looks 12. hahah a anywho

Mirage
06-29-2013, 02:13 PM
That's normal for japanese women who take care of their appearance :p

noxious.sunshine
06-29-2013, 02:24 PM
It's too early for this argument. lmao

But you gotta admit. She looks younger than every other JPop artist - Koda Kumi, Utada Hikaru, Hamasaki Ayumi, Suzuki Ami...............................

JUST Saying.