PDA

View Full Version : How important is EoFF in your life?

Jinx
07-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Was going to make this EoEO, but I know that'd be too rough for some of you.

I was just thinking about this earlier. Got a job today--before I told my family or put it on Facebook, I put it on EoFF. EoFF is a huge part of my life. Some of my very closest friends are from here. I met my boyfriend on this website. I've always been more of a stay-at-home person, but had the option to go out with friends at any time.

Since I've moved, I have almost no one to hang out with, and EoFF has been the only social interaction besides family I've had. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't talk to Locky or Shorty, and lately I've been becoming closer to shion, and really opening up to Mr. Loony BoB.

I talk to people/text people from EoFF quite often too. Last night I talked on the phone with Sephex...well, the Dragon King. Sephex wasn't home. BUT.

When I've gone through really hard times, I've had so much support from the members here, and when I've gone through happy times, I've got a lot of encouragement. Being a member here has helped me grow as a person, because it's helped me here others' opinions on things and I've had to re-evaluate some of my beliefs. More often than not, they haven't changed. However, it's made me question why I think and feel the way I do. Also, people call me out on my shit and when I'm a bitch, as well as respond when I'm nice and friendly. It's really great to get feedback on your personality, and have to look at how you are as a person.

I love EoFF. If you couldn't tell by my postcount. This is my second family, and I love having a place where I can be honest about things that I can't talk about in my IRL.

Pumpkin
07-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Pretty important. I have no friends or social life here. Heck, I barely have a life here. It gives me some social interaction and some projects to focus on. It also allowed me to meet my boyfriend. There are a lot of great people on here that I very much enjoy talking to and who have been good friends to me and supported me.

Sephex
The Dragon King was amazingly coherent, from what I heard.

Also, I enjoy hanging out here because this place avoids being mean spirited for the sake of it, like everywhere else on the internet. That, and there are tons of cooooooooooooool cats around here.

Chris
You love us like 'family', yet, you want a dong picture from your 'brother'. :(

Jinx
07-01-2013, 05:54 PM
You love us like 'family', yet, you want a dong picture from your 'brother'. :(

Incest is the best.

Psychotic
07-01-2013, 06:00 PM
I couldn't even begin to quantify the impact it has had on my life.

Raistlin
07-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I joined EoFF when I was 12, which was 13.5 years ago. I've been part of EoFF for over half of my life now, and that proportion will only increase. EoFF saw me through a lot of times, and was my first real interaction with people who lived far away from me (well, technically FFWA was first, but I only registered there about a month or two before EoFF was created). It helped give me perspective, and the talking with friends I made at EoFF during my formative years helped me think differently about a lot of things.

I've met some of my oldest and closest friends here, so it has obviously had a major impact on my life.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I won't say it's -the- most important thing in my life (in spite of my post count probably suggesting otherwise), but I like it here. It stays pretty active, and errbody gets along in spite of the occasional arguing and trolling.

I just kinda hate the whole "being the newb" and coming in when everyone else has been around since the dawn of time and are all bffs and whatnot and having to go through the whole process of going from being the newbie to being considered a regular or whatever. And considering that most places I frequent, I've been the last newbie to register and actually stick around, so I'm always gonna be stuck with that label.

Shauna
07-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I just kinda hate the whole "being the newb" and coming in when everyone else has been around since the dawn of time and are all bffs and whatnot and having to go through the whole process of going from being the newbie to being considered a regular or whatever. And considering that most places I frequent, I've been the last newbie to register and actually stick around, so I'm always gonna be stuck with that label.

Locky has been a member for less than a year, if you can believe it. :p Technically still a newbie, but she's become part of the crew. The length of time people have been here makes little difference to anything. Just gotta believe! :3

Rebellious Eagle
07-01-2013, 06:29 PM
It's decently important, the people here are great and give good advice and it's nice to come to when I'm lonely. Most people here are so much better than most of the people I know in real life tbh.

DanielCLFFF13
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Very Very Very Very Very Important! :love::love::love:
All of you taught me so many things that most of it effect to my own life :)
It may not be enough if I write it all, I guess :D
Although I've never played any Final Fantasy Series. :roll2
But still you guys more than friends or family. Yeah somethings like that :D
Never gonna seperate from my live ever! Never gonna forget you guys ever! :)
You guys made me laugh and smile. They're the best things that makes me happy. :squeeze:
I just wish I could meet you guys. And say thanks. Although it might need to do some traveling to do that.:heart:
I know my english not to good. But still trying to learn. :D
The point is 44309 guys :)

Formalhaut
07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I refer to EoFF as my 3rd family. While I haven't really truly been on here for long (Last September), I couldn't possibly think of a world without EoFF and EoFFers.

I can hardly think of a single EoFFer who I didn't like. I have so many friends here who I cherish as much as my IRL friends, and a few of those are even on my Facebook, which is essentially a seal of approval from me pretty much. Even if I don't have you on Facebook, there's so many people who I like, and more importantly, respect and look up to. The staffers here obviously are a key inspiration, but also other people who are just genuinely nice people. Even people who are pretty much polar opposites of me like Chris I just love so much because they are just nice people. I could name drop several others, but I'd make this post too long and bore people to death.

I guess EoFF is just a unique place. It is truly my little secret - I wouldn't tell any of my IRL friends about me and my third family, but that doesn't detract from how I feel about the place. It's events like the Ciddies that just make me go all warm and fuzzy with love for this place.

I'd probably still be here when I'm 50.

Denmark
07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Look at my joindate. 2001. I was 12 years old when I joined this forum. Back then I just wanted to talk about FF1 because it was the only one I'd ever played. I'd heard of the other games but never played any of them. At first I was just a scared little kid only hanging out in the FF forums (yeah can you believe that), and I wasn't too too active. But over time I just kept coming back and I ventured into the upper forums and chat, and I joined some spinoff boards where I really got to know some members of EoFF a lot better. Then there was LJ where all my friends were from EoFF. I had some kind of real-life social life during high school, but I only really hung out with those people at school or at school events (sports etc). They were just acquaintances, really. EoFF is where I made a lot of my formative friendships during my teenage years. EoFF was my link between high school and college; I wasn't very outgoing so I was slow to make friends, and EoFF helped me through that. Even when I was an idiot and left EoFF for a few years, I still thought about this place. Now I'm back, I've reconnected with a bunch of old friends and made many new ones, including my girlfriend.

How important is EoFF in my life? I don't know who I'd be without it.

Cuchulainn
07-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Not important at all. I mean if I showed up and it had disappeared I'd be 'aw for shame'. Then I'd quickly move on to other things.

Most the ppl i like are on my bakebook, the ones that arent yet can be found if needed.

Plus if there was no EoFF there'd never be that danger of stumbling across yet another gay mans erect nipples in the photo thread.

Mahad
07-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Best place for a ghost to be hunting. You can feel the energy of all the activity going on, and you just never know what you might come across. It's not a super important part of my life, as I've been absent for long periods of time and for some one who has been here for over a year my post count is pretty low (averaging less than a post per day). I won't even say I'm a part of the community, but it's a great place. There's just something especial about it that keeps me coming. It's fun to watch things happen.

Shorty
07-01-2013, 08:03 PM
My experience is very much similar to Rob's. I joined twelve years ago, and I am now twenty-four. This place has had such an impact on my life for exactly half of my life, like Raistlin. I found it during a time where I needed to connect and be close with people, and so much more has come from it than I could have ever guessed. I spent a lot of time away in my teen years doing things teens do, but I've always managed to come back. This past 16 months or so has been the most active and consistent period I've been apart of for many years.

Livejournal has been another huge part of my life in relation to EoFF and even though it's nearly dead now, 98% of my friend's list is comprised of EoFFers and I feel like that site helped us all grow closer together. My life is still an ongoing open book there (sortof, it's private) and I will continue to keep it going, goddamnit!

I've moved many times in my life since joining this site and I've had to leave many friends. EoFF has always been there and I always know that wherever I go, it will still be there.

I've made friendships and had relationships and come in contact with so many people that I care so much for. I've had dozens of meetups, moved across country, made international travels for people and have made friends with some of the best human beings I have the pleasure to know all thanks to this site. It is very important to me.

CimminyCricket
07-01-2013, 08:23 PM
If it weren't for EoFF I'd probably still be an uneducated fool. Without many of the members here I never would have found the drive to go to college. I would still be okay with an understanding of arithmetic and being just able to figure out the perimeter of a square. This place helped teach me that education is worth it. In short, most of you are ridiculously smart and I didn't enjoy not understanding a word you were saying.

Pike
07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
You guys are my friends and I love a lot of you guys...

but...

it hasn't had the impact on my life that it's had on a lot of yours'. I was already well into university when I joined and I wasn't truly active until a little while after that. Huxley and I met on another site long before we joined this one (lots of people forget this and assume we met on EoFF... we didn't.)

Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that I don't love the place and that I have a lot of friends here. That's why I stick around and have way too many posts.

But I can't in good conscience say it's made a particularly measurable impact on my life outside of knowing a lot more fun people than I would have otherwise known.

Night Fury
07-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I have been here since September, and I can already say that this place has had more of an impact on me than any other place on the internet.

I met the love of my life and moon of my world here and we're moving in together in 18 days. :heart: That's pretty impactful.

Writing for EoFF has re-ignited my love for journalism and writing in general, and the encouragement I get from you guys to continue is what got me through my degree, no shit.

Basically. I fucking love each and every one of you.

Aulayna
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
You guys are my friends and I love a lot of you guys...

but...

it hasn't had the impact on my life that it's had on a lot of yours'. I was already well into university when I joined and I wasn't truly active until a little while after that. Huxley and I met on another site long before we joined this one (lots of people forget this and assume we met on EoFF... we didn't.)

Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that I don't love the place and that I have a lot of friends here. That's why I stick around and have way too many posts.

But I can't in good conscience say it's made a particularly measurable impact on my life outside of knowing a lot more fun people than I would have otherwise known.

Pretty much this. I mostly joined on a whim because I was having nostalgia about the forum I used to run that Pike, Hux and a few other near life-long friends used to post at. So I was 26 when I joined EoFF, that's already a fair few years on most people here :p

It's given me the opportunity to get more involved in a fansite again and the technical side of things so that's a pretty big impact for sure but I wouldn't say it's been majorly life-changing... yet at least. (well outside of pulling 3 days with 3 hours sleep for E3, that was pretty life changing xD)

Infact I think the actual lifechanging thing will be a result of BoB and smittenkitten in a few weeks time when XIV comes out and I lose many nights and weekends to having fun with the Fat Chocobos crew.

If I've had some small impact on peoples lives that I've chatted too in private then that's enough for me.

Obviously I enjoy it here, else I wouldn't have been top threadmaker for ages or even posted much at all. There are also times when some people here have absolutely driven me up the wall and I've wanted to do nothing more than call them raging ho-bags in public... but anyway! It's given me a fun distraction for sure but it's definitely not been as life changing as it has for other people.

That could all change soon though!

EDIT: Technically I was 19 when I originally joined EoFF and posted like 5 times before taking a 7 year hiatus.. so I was 26 when I came back last year :p So you can take that as "this site scarred me so badly that I had to leave for 7 years to purge the horror from my mind!"

Pike
07-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I mostly joined on a whim because I was having nostalgia about the forum I used to run that Pike, Hux and a few other near life-long friends used to post at.

Auly I've gotta give you props, your forum did in fact have some major impacts on my life.

Got me my old boyfriend (an ill-fated relationship which I nevertheless learned much from), got me my current boyfriend, and got me into WoW which in turn got me into WoW blogging which gave me this huge audience for my writing out of nowhere.

In general I prefer EoFF's community though.

Aulayna
07-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I mostly joined on a whim because I was having nostalgia about the forum I used to run that Pike, Hux and a few other near life-long friends used to post at.

Auly I've gotta give you props, your forum did in fact have some major impacts on my life.

Got me my old boyfriend (an ill-fated relationship which I nevertheless learned much from), got me my current boyfriend, and got me into WoW which in turn got me into WoW blogging which gave me this huge audience for my writing out of nowhere.

In general I prefer EoFF's community though.

Yeah, to be fair most of us were raging hormonal teenagers or early tweens then and we used to rile against everything that we deemed below our supposed superior intellect... even if that was each other at times. It had it's moments.

But yea I like EoFF's community a lot more too. :) Feels more community and less dysfunctional half-family xD

Shauna
07-01-2013, 09:43 PM

This is a nice way of putting it.

I was what? 14 or 15 when I joined? A lot of formative year exposure there. Had ups and downs, but that's life. Also made some great friends. This community is great, and despite abandoning you all for 4 years, you welcome me back as if I was never gone. :p

Chris
07-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Born in 1987 and joined in late 2003, so that'd make me 16 when I joined.

2004-2006: Were chaotic, but a lot of fun. Got to know a lot of people, and people I genuinely care about.

2006-2010: Were the "blackout" years for me. 1st ban.

2010-now: Couldn't live without EoFF. Sarah. Sam. Jordan. Cuch :love:, Daniel, Meghan, and many, many more. You've impacted my life, so thank you. :(

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 09:58 PM
This reminds me when I stumbled upon Roleplaying at this one place.. When I was like 12. My internet access got super spotty after I moved to Nashville, so it was hard for me to keep in touch with everyone that I practically grew up with. It's funny now, I've found old friends that I used to be super close to and I guess because so much time went by and so much has happened during that time, it's just not the same with these people and I wasn't really able to get back on track with the friendship and get close to them like before. There are a couple that I've gotten close with again and the handful that I've found I have on Facebook, so they're there. We just don't talk. Ever. Sometimes I'll get nostalgic and "I Miss You!" on someone (usually when I'm drunk and feeling particularly emotional), but they're just liek "eh. Yay. Go away now? Thanks." Kinda depressing.

But like I said earlier, I do enjoy this place. Most of y'all have my exact same sense of humor, though still being a newb, I sometimes worry about stepping on someone's toes or crossing a line that shouldn't have been crossed with my joking around. Haha I joined another place and because I referenced Mexico City as "Messco Sh**ty" and said that Jesus is my Baby Daddy and called my boyfriend a Flip ('cuz he is), I got severely warned for "offensive language & content". Even though Jesus really -is- my baby daddy, Mexico City -does- suck, and my boyfriend really is Philippino and calls himself a Flip all the time. I was like "Yeahhhh this place just can't handle me. I'll go back to where I came from. Buncha pansies".

Jowy
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I wonder where I'd be in life if I didn't spend over forty hours a week during adolescence on an IRC channel...?

You guys are alright though. :aimsun:

escobert
07-01-2013, 11:02 PM
It used to be very important in my life with a girlfriend from here and lots of friends. But since that relationship ended a few years ago I just really haven't felt the attachment to this place. I come and go it more just passes some time while I take a break from killing everyone in the world in Guild Wars 2 :p

Pheesh
07-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Honestly, though I first joined like 9 years ago I only just enjoyed it enough to keep coming back. I felt extremely outcast from the main group of posters at the time and that is really the reason that I left for that two or three year stretch I think. Reading back on my old posts (which I try not to do ever) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been my friend either, but 13 year old me was not able to handle that rejection quite so well. It was an awesome place to talk about Kingdom Hearts though.

When I returned I was a lot older and came back with a much more laid back approach to the whole site. I would jump into #eoff and that was really where I found the people that I'm closest with on the forum now. It's now at the point where even though I'm not really much more prominent than I ever used to be before my hiatus I feel extremely content with the friends and relationships I've made here. I spend so much time in chat because it genuinely makes me laugh and I have an amazing time, and I know exactly what kind of topics on the forum to contribute to and which I should stay away from.

In the last 2 years especially I've made friends that I think will last me for a long time, or at least will not be easy to forget. Of course, I also met Tara here, and that has made a massive impact on my life, and I hope it continues to for a very, very long time yet. I feel more for her than I have anybody else in a long time, so I'll always be grateful to eoff for that.

...you guys also saved me a fortune on accommodation bills when I travelled the US ;)

Ouch!
07-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Count me down as another person who has spent basically half of my life here (11 years, 24 years old). Maybe six or seven years ago I might have said that EoFF was very important to me, but these days it's just... not. I've made a lot of friends here--many people I'd even consider good friends--but I haven't actively engaged the community or new members in several years. Most of my interactions with other EoFFers are outside of the forum these days, though. Maybe it's a bit sad to say this, but as I've been trying to write this post, I've realized that EoFF was most important to me when I was at the lowest point of my life. As I've become happier, I've grown disconnected from the community here. I'll always appreciate that this community was here for me when I needed it most, but I can't say that I miss needing it.

Del Murder
07-02-2013, 07:09 AM
I've been slowly uploading bits and pieces of my personality to the EoFF servers over the years, so this place is literally a part of me. Or I guess I'm a part of it.

Loony BoB
07-02-2013, 07:50 AM
EoFF made me who I am. I would not be who I am if it were not for EoFF. I would not know what I know, be where I am, act the way I act, think how I think, see things the way I see them, know the people I know. All my best friends are EoFFers, most of my girlfriends were EoFFers, my fiancé is an EoFFer, my therapists are EoFFers, half my family are EoFFers. EoFF is the one consistency in my life between high school and now.

EoFF is my constant.

XxSephirothxX
07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
It's not really important in my life now, but it sure as hell was once upon a time. I think I've expressed that sentiment pretty well already, though. :elk:

Agent Proto
07-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure how important EoFF is in my life. As much as I would like to make it more important, there's a part of me that doesn't feel that way. I love this place to pieces, but it's not super important to me as it used to be when I started coming here. I'm like, hey I'm here, but I never got to connect with many people I know, nor do anyone know me on a personal level.

Freya
07-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I spend far too much time lurking here. Joined when I was freshly 14. It shaped me more into who I am. I've had boyfriends and made best friends through this site. If it wasn't here I'd be extremely bored.

Formalhaut
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I spend far too much time lurking here. Joined when I was freshly 14. It shaped me more into who I am. I've had boyfriends and made best friends through this site. If it wasn't here I'd be extremely bored.

You also wouldn't be master of the fork Freya!

Faris
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
This sums up my feelings rather well.

Old Manus
07-02-2013, 10:41 PM
When I was a bit younger I used to spend a fair wedge of my time here, but not really anymore. I come here out of a mixture of habit, a few members whom I think are pretty cool, and the football thread.

Cuchulainn
07-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I'd like to clarify something. When I said it wasn't important, it's not. In the way that as it's principal aim, discussion on Final Fantasy games, I don't really do.

As a handy wee place to converse with a few likable nerds, however. It's handy. If it disappeared I'm pretty sure another site would pop up where you all ventured.

I did not mean I wouldn't miss a few of you, if only for the chuckles. Even the people who can't stand me serve a purpose. I really should add a few more of you :bou::bou::bou::bou:s to facebook.

Shiny
07-03-2013, 12:52 AM
It's important enough to me to be really bothered if it were suddenly not around anymore.

Calliope
07-03-2013, 02:27 AM
eoff got me laid, man.

Shorty
07-03-2013, 02:30 AM
And pregnant!

Calliope
07-03-2013, 03:33 AM
and a green card!

Flaming Ice
07-03-2013, 03:52 AM
I really should add a few more of you :bou::bou::bou::bou:s to facebook.

Name, face, place. Hunt :eek:

Just another forum for me...joined a few, not much quells my boredom though :|

Jinx
07-03-2013, 03:58 AM
I'm so glad that I'm a :bou::bou::bou::bou: Cuch already loves.

Flaming Ice
07-03-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm so glad that I'm a :bou::bou::bou::bou: Cuch already loves.

I'd be scared ;)

theundeadhero
07-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Over the past 12 years it has had varying importance to me. 2001-2004 it was something to check out when I was bored and read about FF in the lower forums. I never even posted in the upper ones. Didn't really have any friends on the forum and no one really knew me. 2004-2010 I made a lot of friends and became close to a few people and everything was a flurry of activity. I checked out the place multiple times every day and racked up most of my posts/visitor messages. I can't exactly say it helped me develop and become who I am because I was already an adult but it did influence things in my life and held a few important parts of it. Unfortunately by the end of it most of the people I cared about were gone and I only met a handful of new people. I also kinda drifted apart from other people I was friends with. 2010-2012 I rarely posted and had trouble finding interest in things happening here. I still checked on the place infrequently but I posted far less than I came here. Now I'm back to checking the place at least once a day and would like to get closer to people again. It's made it's way back onto my browsers most visited sites list again. Sometimes it's discouraging though.

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2013, 04:07 AM
I joined back in '05 when I was 15, and now I'm 22 almost 23, so that means I've been here about 8 years. I haven't been here as long as a lot of you have, but this place has seen me through troutty relationships and eventual breakups, trouble with my dad, a tornado sweeping away my hometown, me getting my first job...it was very important to me back in the day and I still have a soft spot. I don't feel as much like i belong as opposed to how i used to feel though. Not that I completely feel like an outsider, i'm just so far out of the loop and have so much more to worry about now! I still care about all of you <3 I'm friends with a lot of you guys on facebook and I may not comment a lot of things but I do read most if not everything that you all post.

Basically in a way i was raised here, in one of my most critical times, and I thank those of you who were there to help me through <3 I was just talking to a friend of mine from #eoff about how much I miss those late night msn/skype convos I used to have with a lot of you :(

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that I'm not as close to this place as I used to be. And it makes me a little sad. But also happy because it means I have finally found my way in life :)

Araciel
07-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I consider a bunch of eoffers pretty good friends. I had a live-in relationship with someone from the site a long while ago. I find myself going months at a time without logging in but then there are times like now when I'll be around almost every day.

Pretty important.

Rantz
07-07-2013, 08:55 AM
I didn't join until the end of my teenage years, so unlike what many of you experienced, it never carried me through any particularly tough times. I do wish I had joined sooner as it could have made those years a lot brighter. EoFF has been with me for a good number of years now, though, and taken up large amounts of my days. I've made closer friends here than anywhere else, and of course I'm banging Shorty so that's always a plus. EoFF is a big part of my life - a good 37% at least. It's important.

I've been slowly uploading bits and pieces of my personality to the EoFF servers over the years, so this place is literally a part of me. Or I guess I'm a part of it.

Is that what those del_murder_001.zip files were? I cleared those out, sorry :/

Shaibana
07-09-2013, 09:15 PM
for me this is a place where i can relieve myself
i feel like i can post all my crap here without being judged very harshly.
even though i am here a year or 2 i am now becomming realy active with posting etc.
i hope to actually make some friends here ^^

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-10-2013, 06:40 AM
It is important enough to me that I get upset every time the site goes down and I can't read new posts. Ido 't generally post a lot like everyone else who has been around for years, but I am here browsing and reading in gc and eoeo pretty much every day.

Anyway, who else in the world can I be vulnerable to? I am too much of a coward to be truly vulnerable to people I know, especially right now.
You guys are unconditional and constant.

Ultima Shadow
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Like others, its significance in my life has varied a lot throughout the years. Though it has had a pretty big impact, and will always remain an important place to me.

During the last 2-3 years or so, it has mostly been "that nice place to hang around a bit on". My main interests are mostly very specific threads and chatting a bit with specific people in PM or usernotes.

That said, EoFF has effected my life greatly. Or rather... some specific people that I've met here (though not all of them are around anymore) have effected my life greatly. To bring up a few examples, Trumpet Thief is the one who originally got me into anime. Now, I'm a die-hard anime fan. My anime-addiction has resulted in me meeting lots of awesome new people at anime-conventions. People I meet up with every now and then outside of the conventions too. Similary, Raven Nox got me into Touhou. Now, I'm part of the community "Touhou Sweden". A group of swedish Touhou fans that arrange things at conventions and have Touhou meetups and stuff.

...so Trumpet Thief and Raven Nox are indirectly responsible for me getting to know some of the best IRL friends I have and help me find some of my greatest passions. While it might not be on par with finding the love of your life and such, both of these two examples have had a huge impact on my life. And that's not even all either. I've gone places and met a few EoFFers too, which has been totally awesome.

(...like going to London and eat half of Pauls milkshake after finishing my own faster than he could finish half of his. I think I even had another one after that too.)

And while I, at this very moment, do little more than posting a tiny bit here and there and talk to Neo and a few others about random topic x, I do still consider the friends I have here on EoFF to be true friends that I value high.

...aaand as insanely crazy as it might sound to some of you, Neo is basically my go-to guy when it comes to game recommendations. :p

Radje
07-10-2013, 02:29 PM
I joined when I was 13 or 14 (now approaching 24) and was never as constant a user as many here. Indeed I've only just poked my head back in recently.

In the first few months of me using EoFF I befriended two users who by utter coincidence happened to live in a town only a half hour drive away from my own home. After PMing like crazy for a few months and getting a huge crush on one of them, we decided to meet.

I brought along a couple of friends just in case we were meeting mad rapists, rather than friendly lovely EoFF girls. One of them was also an EoFFer, and whilst my own bid for romance didn't work out quite so well, her best friend and my best friend hit it off so well that they're still together to this day. Indeed, they're getting married in a few months time.

On a more personal note, EoFF showed me a community of people who were coming together to discuss my favourite series of games, that back then were examples of the sheer potency of storytelling. Telling good stories and making time for games are two very important parts of my life. I wonder if I would be the same person I am if it hadn't been for my time here.

Also Mafia, man. What an epic game to play on a forum like this. Are you lot still burnt out on it, or can I convince you to start a new round? :kakapo:

Loony BoB
07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Wow, chalk up another marriage to EoFF!

Shauna
07-10-2013, 04:42 PM
In the first few months of me using EoFF I befriended two users who by utter coincidence happened to live in a town only a half hour drive away from my own home.

Your location says Scotland. Where abouts are you? I mean, everywhere is just a half hour drive from somewhere else in Scotland, but that is beside the point. xD

Pike
07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow, chalk up another marriage to EoFF!

What is the official count up to now?

Loony BoB
07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Ah, geez. Eight? I think? Maybe nine? I'm not sure.

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
PiP & Little Miss Awesome
Dr Unne & Skye-chan
Loony BoB & smittenkitten (soon)
Necronopticous & Marshall Banana (soon)
radje's pals (soon - not sure if they are EoFFers though?)

Lemme know if I'm forgetting someone.

Rantz
07-10-2013, 05:07 PM
You forgot me and foa.

Pumpkin
07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
You forgot me and Pantz too.

Jinx
07-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Me and Parker.

Denmark
07-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Me and Parker.

Shorty
07-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
Dr Unne & Skye-chan

PiP is married?

Radje
07-10-2013, 05:40 PM

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
Dr Unne & Skye-chan

Not only are they both EoFFers (Pucca and Zeidrich), but the main bridesmaid (Leia) and the other best man (DarkPlek) are too. Though it's unlikely they have used their accounts much in the past decade sadly. We had our time in the limelight years ago. Still counts!

To make it even more awesome, his wedding ring is of a Griever design.

EDIT: That's a lot of marriage going on. Concerned I might actually be married just by posting on here.

Shauna, my hometown is Dunfermline. Currently down in London doing a PhD right now, but Scotland is still home :D. Where are you from?

Shorty
07-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Ha, awesome!

Shauna
07-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Shauna, my hometown is Dunfermline. Currently down in London doing a PhD right now, but Scotland is still home :D. Where are you from?

Exciting. Good luck with the PhD! :} But, I'm from a big ol' town, East Kilbride, found just outside of Glasgow. Maybe not so much 30 minutes from the Fife area... xD

Radje
07-10-2013, 06:59 PM

Exciting. Good luck with the PhD! :} But, I'm from a big ol' town, East Kilbride, found just outside of Glasgow. Maybe not so much 30 minutes from the Fife area... xD

East Kilbride?

I see why EoFF is important to you ;)

Shauna
07-10-2013, 11:40 PM
:colbert: It's not that bad.

Marshall Banana
07-25-2013, 11:37 AM

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
Dr Unne & Skye-chan

Jeremy and I married on May 10.

Rantz
07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Congrats! :D

Loony BoB
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Congratulations! :D

Pike
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
Dr Unne & Skye-chan

I had no idea! Congrats :D

Shorty
07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
WHAT

Congratulations, you guys!

Madame Adequate
07-25-2013, 06:18 PM

Rinoabella & Chickencha
Spuuky & Calliope
RSL & Sapphiresea
Del Murder & Miriel
Dr Unne & Skye-chan

I did not know this! Congrats to you both! :D

Formalhaut
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/151468-heart.html

:love:

Raistlin
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM

AND YOU DID NOT LET YOUR EOFF FAMILY KNOW??? How is Daniel supposed to keep track of every single thing EoFFers do in his spreadsheets if there is such a lack of reporting updates?

(congrats!)

Calliope
07-25-2013, 08:25 PM
w00t! Welcome to the club :)

Marshall Banana
07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks. :kaohappy2

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Like others, its significance in my life has varied a lot throughout the years. Though it has had a pretty big impact, and will always remain an important place to me.

During the last 2-3 years or so, it has mostly been "that nice place to hang around a bit on". My main interests are mostly very specific threads and chatting a bit with specific people in PM or usernotes.

That said, EoFF has effected my life greatly. Or rather... some specific people that I've met here (though not all of them are around anymore) have effected my life greatly. To bring up a few examples, Trumpet Thief is the one who originally got me into anime. Now, I'm a die-hard anime fan. My anime-addiction has resulted in me meeting lots of awesome new people at anime-conventions. People I meet up with every now and then outside of the conventions too. Similary, Raven Nox got me into Touhou. Now, I'm part of the community "Touhou Sweden". A group of swedish Touhou fans that arrange things at conventions and have Touhou meetups and stuff.

...so Trumpet Thief and Raven Nox are indirectly responsible for me getting to know some of the best IRL friends I have and help me find some of my greatest passions. While it might not be on par with finding the love of your life and such, both of these two examples have had a huge impact on my life. And that's not even all either. I've gone places and met a few EoFFers too, which has been totally awesome.

(...like going to London and eat half of Pauls milkshake after finishing my own faster than he could finish half of his. I think I even had another one after that too.)

And while I, at this very moment, do little more than posting a tiny bit here and there and talk to Neo and a few others about random topic x, I do still consider the friends I have here on EoFF to be true friends that I value high.

...aaand as insanely crazy as it might sound to some of you, Neo is basically my go-to guy when it comes to game recommendations. :p

Glad to have had that sort of impact on you man :)

Jiro
04-09-2014, 04:26 AM
Trumpet Thief helped get me into writing and also is responsible for me being Jiro in a sense so welcome back and thanks :monster:

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Oh dude, I am totally feeling the love right now :jess:

noxious.sunshine
04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I won't say it's -the- most important thing in my life (in spite of my post count probably suggesting otherwise), but I like it here. It stays pretty active, and errbody gets along in spite of the occasional arguing and trolling.

Gosh. A lot has changed since I posted that.

I've kind of found my footing here after almost a year. I'm no longer the newb, but the newbs that've become regulars recently have seemingly fallen into the EoFF culture much easier than I did. ToriJ, EtcherSketcher, and Kalevala to be a little specific.. AlaynaMae has stuck around so far and posts some - and that's awesome as well.

And I've switched to talking more in #eoff than I post in the forums lately (I'm numero uno chatter right now, y'all..lol), but I like it there. Sure, conversations can get deep at times, but for the most part, it's light-hearted and fun. And I'm really grateful to have been able to get closer to people here over the past few months. The amount of love and support that I got when my mom passed away helped & meant a lot to me (& still does).

But yeah.. I've gotten to know & become friends with people I didn't really expect to. And I'm thankful for that. EoFF is most definitely a huge part of my life now.

Parker
04-09-2014, 01:34 PM
EoFF is a fun place to be I guess. Other places are better, but I have a history here.

i prefer chat to the forums though, it's more fun and less strict.

i can't say that eoff has changed my life a huge deal but i did meet some cool people i guess. i think eoff will be one of the last forums to die thanks to the dedication of some members here

Ayen
04-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Moderate to severe? It's the first tab I have open whenever I boot the computer up and I gleefully let you guys distract me from all the stuff I should be doing. I've made plenty of friends here that I now have on Facebook too and I've only been a member for six months and it feels like a lot longer. This place had a hell of an impact on my career too, I owe most of the money I've earned off my reviews in large part due to you guys.

I love you guys :shoot:

Wait, wrong emote. :squeeze:

That's better.

Baloki
04-10-2014, 09:05 PM
If I hadn't slept with Award Guys sister, I probably wouldn't still be on the run and around more.

RSL
04-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Though this place is not really a part of my life anymore, it once was. I used to spend nearly all my free time here. I did meet my wife of nearly seven years here and I will always be grateful for that.

o_O
04-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Even though I don't post a lot, I'm here every day, and have been for almost all of the past 12 (nearly 13) years. I've made some rad friends here and will be another one for the EoFF marriages list very soon.

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2014, 03:18 AM
I'm like to meet my future wife here, since that is what oldbies tend to do nowadays.

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2014, 03:25 AM
I think many people spent their adolescent years in a fit of turmoil that EoFF guided them successfully through, but like some of you my EoFF story started in young adulthood.

Along with most of the turmoil I've experienced in life thus far.

My family fell apart and came back together higgeldy piggeldy. I took a great adventure and had a greater fall from grace. I fought, I screamed, I cried and flew into a blackness so deep I thought iI'd never find my way out and up.

And through it all EoFF remained the one constant, the one stable shelter for my aching brains and my wounded heart. At times you were all the fixed point of light in the darkness that let me know I wasn't alone, not really, not as long as there was a community who cared for me.

EoFF didn't pull me through as much as it served as an example of the good out in the greater world. I can never really repay that, not really, but I can hope the time I've spent here has helped someone else as well.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2014, 04:39 AM
EoFF is a constant in my life, to me it's this place that I can always come home to and be comfortable no matter how long I stay away. I can always be here and talk about dumb stuff with old and new faces. It's a sort of comforting feeling that I will never feel truly utterly alone as long as EoFF is around. I get really sad sometimes when I think that someday I will be old and this place might not exist.

Casey
04-13-2014, 12:16 AM
That's interesting that some people have gotten married because of this site. As for how important this site is in my life. I never gave it much thought... nor have I made any friends here this whole time and I mostly just lurk. It's nice to check every once in awhile about any news about FF.... it'd suck if it were gone. It is such a good community here...

Meat Puppet
04-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Let's just put it this way: I would have never defeated Sephiroth without EoFF.

Aulayna
04-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Infact I think the actual lifechanging thing will be a result of BoB and smittenkitten in a few weeks time when XIV comes out and I lose many nights and weekends to having fun with the Fat Chocobos crew.

How true this ended up being ... sleep, I sort of miss you.

LocoColt04
04-14-2014, 07:30 AM
I panicked when it was down last night, and this isn't even my primary Square Enix forum.

I wish I could say it was genuinely more important for me. Maybe if I'd joined MANY years earlier when I'd started lurking, I would have a greater connection, but I already interact with a good handful of you active kiddos via twitter and facebook and such, so every time I think to myself "man, I'm gonna go be super active on EoFF this week" *cough*Mafia*cough* I end up getting sidetracked by shiny colors and fail to follow through. That's mostly because I go through whole phases where I don't turn my computer on for a month, and forum-browsing through my phone just isn't as lovely.

Fynn
04-14-2014, 07:41 AM
EoFF is a constant in my life, to me it's this place that I can always come home to and be comfortable no matter how long I stay away. I can always be here and talk about dumb stuff with old and new faces. It's a sort of comforting feeling that I will never feel truly utterly alone as long as EoFF is around. I get really sad sometimes when I think that someday I will be old and this place might not exist.

This is kinda how I feel as well. I know I'm not one of the more active or recognized members (I'd have to go more often into EoEO for that and my doctor said I shouldn't), but some people here I feel have truly become my friends. I've grown a lot since I joined and I think the people here are part of the reason why I am who I am ;) So thank you, EoFF!

Also, this forum is probably the largest source of traffic for my writing blog besides Facebook. So really, thanks a whole bunch and I hope you like my stuff! :exdee:

Chris
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Erm... not quite as active here since I met Victor, and we moved in together. I suppose it is a natural change in priorities, but I really do miss this place. :p

Christmas
04-09-2022, 01:53 PM
The irony is most of the people that posted have left for good. :mymelbert:

Christmas
04-09-2022, 01:55 PM
When I was a bit younger I used to spend a fair wedge of my time here, but not really anymore. I come here out of a mixture of habit, a few members whom I think are pretty cool, and the football thread.

You're welcome.

Christmas
04-09-2022, 01:57 PM
I'm like to meet my future wife here, since that is what oldbies tend to do nowadays.

8 years on, maybe she/he/it is still out here somewhere. Keep looking! :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2022, 06:40 PM
Traitors, the lot of them ;)

I feel like that wife line came across as far too sincere. Anyway, I proposed to Psy via DM recently, so we'll see what happens.

Christmas
04-09-2022, 11:19 PM
So you decided to make do with the leftover? :quina: