PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get Riled Up Online?

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I know we all have at some point - me yeah, recently. And a couple of times. 1x here, another time somewhere else. Here, I just blew whatever way out of proportion when I shouldn't have. And I apologized. But anywho.

And yeah, while I've had the internet on and off since '96 and have grown to generally let people bother me or get under my skin over things that're said online, every once in awhile something will be said that manages to jerk my chain. I've made a blog post about the other time this happened. And people reminded me that it is, after all, the -internet- and the fact that I let someone get to me to the point where I actually wanted my account deleted was ludicrous and should instead make me want to be there even more. I've re-learned either way that while people can be jerks online, it's still nothing to get mad about or upset over and that you can either set them straight & kill 'em with kindness (assuming they don't choose to ignore you first), or ignore them and move on.

But I digress. Do you ever get upset over stuff that happens online? Even if it's just a little bit?

I debated on whether to put this here or over in EoEo, but ya know. Figgered this would be better.

Jinx
07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Only when people act like idiots.

Pike
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I get really super defensive of the people that are closest to me. This usually means Huxley, and this is bad because he's a chronic debater so whenever people start hounding him in EoEO or whatever I get really buttsore on his behalf. It's kind of pathetic of me but :shobon:

Shorty
07-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Not anymore, other than if I'm participating in a debate in EoEo. It's not worth the effort.

Denmark
07-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Only when people act like idiots.

Shauna
07-02-2013, 12:57 AM
I try not to...

But people are sometimes wrong on the internet! Can't stand for it!

escobert
07-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Not anymore, other than if I'm participating in a debate in EoEo. It's not worth the effort.

pretty much. so I stay out of EoEo for the most part :p

Sephex
07-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Seems to me that there is a bunch of mad people up in this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/Sue5AcO.png

Agent Proto
07-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Not really. I used to be, but I realized it's better to stop caring what others have to say. Of course, when they say something postivie, I get excited about that. :D

~*~Celes~*~
07-02-2013, 02:51 AM
pretty much what proto said. back when this forum was my life, i would get upset about a lot of things. Now it's like meh, I have more important things to worry about :p

Mahad
07-02-2013, 05:51 AM
I have had my share of. . .unfortunate events. A few times I simply exploded in rage and anger and had the bright idea of letting the world now. True, the vast cyberspace is filled with many such instances, however, when looking back, it was just a bad idea and ignorant in some points on my part. I learned from that.

CimminyCricket
07-02-2013, 05:57 AM
I very rarely get butt hurt on the internet. If I feel myself get flustered I remember that I don't give a flying fuck and that I can just stop going where ever it was an incident took place. There are way more meaningful places for me to get mad, like when Jasmin beats me at Tekken after I've been playing for years longer than her and she just picks up the controller and mashes the buttons and is just generally an unsporting player.

Del Murder
07-02-2013, 07:10 AM
I get riled down.

Loony BoB
07-02-2013, 07:17 AM
I get really super defensive of the people that are closest to me. This usually means Huxley, and this is bad because he's a chronic debater so whenever people start hounding him in EoEO or whatever I get really buttsore on his behalf. It's kind of pathetic of me but :shobon:
Yeah, the only way to genuinely rile me up is through those that I'm closest to. I'm massively protective of Danielle in particular, not that she tends to need any help from me when it comes to speaking her mind or anything. But if someone upsets her, fuck them.

Shiny
07-03-2013, 06:43 AM
I have the tendency to skim over some people's posts because I have an inkling that it won't be worth reading. If I go back to read it all later I find most of the time I'm right. I rarely get riled up on the internet, but when I do I am already plotting how to effectively troll you. :shiny:

Yar
07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm only riled up on the Internet with Shiny effectively trolls me.

I really don't care about much on the Internet. The best way to get over it is to just realize you are better than everyone else anyway.

Big D
07-03-2013, 09:46 AM
I used to. Fairly often.
But then I got better.

This comic is rather helpful:
The System - So you?re MAD about something on the Internet? (http://www.systemcomic.com/2011/08/03/so-youre-mad-about-something-on-the-internet/)

Denmark
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
i've actually been getting irl mad at internet things lately

mostly that's just been because i've been at a high stress level due to irl stuff and then little (or not-so-little) things push me over the edge

arrogant keyboard warriors (i.e. "my opinion is right and yours is wrong. here's why. what do you mean do something about it? talking on the internet is enough!!!!") also really piss me the fuck off.

Cuchulainn
07-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Never. I'm a fucking expert at getting other, lesser, beings riled up though.

Formalhaut
07-03-2013, 04:58 PM
It takes alot to rile me up. Most of the time I'm hurt more than actually being angry. For me to be angry at you, you have to do one of these things:

Insult one of my friends.
Deliberately annoy, irritate or harrass. Otherwise known as a 'troll'.
Be racist, sexist, or anything that is universally agreed to as 'wrong'

Past that, I'm quite laidback to most other things. Most of the time, I'm hurt rather than angry or riled.

Calliope
07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
I can think of two instances in which it could be said I was "riled up on the internet", one of which is very recent. However, in both cases it wasn't really a case of me being "riled up on the internet" so much as getting into an argument with one of my friends, and they're goddamn lucky that it was online because if anyone ever spoke to me irl they way that they did online in those instances, we probably wouldn't be friends anymore.

LunarWeaver
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
When you play the Game of Internets, you win or you cry. I have an ugly cry face and stay out of such things.

Araciel
07-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Nah man. I'm way too chill.

Slothy
07-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Never. I'm a fucking expert at getting other, lesser, beings riled up though.

I call bullshit. You're Irish. Everyone knows the Irish are always drunk and angry all of the time forever.

Shorty
07-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Update: Yeah, I get riled up online.

NeoCracker
07-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Update: Yeah, I get riled up online.

And you're so adorable when you do.

Pumpkin
07-05-2013, 04:25 AM
I do, sadly.

And absolutely no one was shocked.

Quindiana Jones
07-05-2013, 04:32 AM
I get annoyed by stupid people wherever they are, but I sometimes get equally annoyed by ignorant people, and that makes me feel like a dick. :(

Pumpkin
07-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Remember when you made me rage quit, Quin? Shame on you.

all of the shame

Quindiana Jones
07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Was that you?!

Oh man, those were the days. :blush:

Cuchulainn
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Angry butthurt nerds. You lot are the best.

Araciel
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Hah people still say 'butthurt'?!

Cuchulainn
07-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Your Ma certainly does.

Araciel
07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
That Italian hooker my dad knocked up WAS A SAINT

Unbreakable Will
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I rarely get mad on the internet, I think I've gotten pissed once or twice on here and that was in EoEO and I was in a particularly bad mood beforehand.

Rantz
07-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I get annoyed occasionally, but I don't think I've ever been "riled up" about standard fare internets.

maybee
07-07-2013, 04:41 AM
I used too a few years ago when I was new to the interwebs but these days I don't really give a smurf because people have a right to express their own opinions and/ or they are either just being a troll to try and tick you off on purpose.

If I get ticked off about something I usually just count to 3 and just cool down and either move on or ignore it.