PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounters of the Famous Kind

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Have you met anyone famous or seen famous people? Name them.

I have met:

The lead singer of El Trono de Mexico before their concert - I used to have a picture of me with him, but it's gone now.

Diana Reyes - she came to the Mexican Restaurant I was working at and ate with her crew and took pictures with us. I was too shy to really talk to her even though I know Spanish and she actually insisted on getting a picture of just her & me together.

Mark Hoppus - I didn't actually "meet" him, but I saw Blink 182 front row and caught his bottle of water. He laughed at me.

Jennifer Hudson - Another one I didn't meet myself, but she came into the Red Lobster I was working at and had dinner. So did that Kimberly Locke that was a finalist on American Idol. I wasn't their server, but I saw them.

Steve McNair, The Titans QB that was murdered - My ex got his autograph before he died and also Vince Young's for me - they frequented his restaurant when they were in town.. The autographs were gotten on separate occasions and again, I don't have them anymore. They got lost during the Breakup.

Hank Williams Jr & Kid Rock - Saw them taping the MV for "Naked Women & Beer" on top of the strip club across from where we used to go eat sushi.

Don Garlitz - the Drag Racer

My Dad - The Sprint Car Driver. He's Google-able.

EDIT:

I also used to be friends with Krystal Yang - the (former?) manager of Silver Ash - China's first major visual kei/rock band as well as Marie Matteucci (who dated Yoshiki and was in the PV for "DAHLIA" by X Japan) online for awhile. Marie actually told me I was a really good writer - this was back in 2003.

And Sonia Nazario, who wrote "Enrique's Journey" - One of my all time favorite books. I've communicated with her via email several times out of sheer curiosity as to what's going on with the subject of the book and his family. She was extremely sweet in her responses and actually told me a lot more about them all than I expected her to. I have read and re-read this book and read it some more so many times over the last 6 years that the pages are getting worn and I've long since lost the book jacket.

Aulayna
07-02-2013, 10:08 AM
I worked in television for a couple of years and some of that was spent working on This Morning, a very successful daytime TV show, so I met a lot of famous British TV personalities on a daily basis such as:

Philip Schofield
Fern Britton
Holly Willoughby
Paul Ross

I also worked at a sports TV company that largely did stuff alongside Setanta's Premier League coverage and UEFA so bumped into the occasional big player there. The best moment was sharing a coffee with Alan Shearer.

Now that I work in the games industry I've also met a few other big names from that too.

Pike
07-02-2013, 10:26 AM
I met George Takei when I was a little kid. I have a picture of us doing the Vulcan salute. Trekkie4lyfe.

I've had brush-ins with Margot Kidder, Dennis Quaid and Jack Horner because they all live here.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh yeah. I met the Black Ranger. Walter Jones. The original one.

Done bragging.

Pete for President
07-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I lived with Japanese pro snowboarder Tadashi Fuse for a while. He is so sick.

https://vimeo.com/60883598

Shorty
07-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I've met Anne Rice and Voltaire and I thiiink that's it.

I saw Neil Gaiman upon accident in a store during a signing once but the line was too long and I didn't feel like waiting to see him since it would have upset plans for the rest of the day. Was super neat to be standing like twenty feet from him, though.

Pike
07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh I also met Brian Jacques of Redwall fame. I have a couple of books signed by him somewhere.

RIP :(

Calliope
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I've met Anne Rice and Voltaire and I thiiink that's it.

I saw Neil Gaiman upon accident in a store during a signing once but the line was too long and I didn't feel like waiting to see him since it would have upset plans for the rest of the day. Was super neat to be standing like twenty feet from him, though.

Dude, Voltaire died in 1778. Are you immortal?

Shorty
07-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes. :shobon:

Freya
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I met trevor Moore From whitest kids you know? That's about it for my famous people meetage.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't think I've personally met anyone famous, but Pele has eaten dinner with my grandparents/aunts/uncles on a couple of occasions when they lived in Brazil. We have a picture of it in my house, haha. Also, my uncle dated the woman who would be Pele's wife when he was in high school. That's something I guess.

As a scary "close encounter", that same grandpa also babysat the kids of Jim Jones (the guy who started the People's Temple cult - i.e. don't drink the kool-aid). He tried to get my grandpa to join him on his original settlement idea, and my grandpa (thankfully) told him he was crazy and no.

Hollycat
07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I went to school with that girl from suite life on deck if that counts.

Shiny
07-03-2013, 12:31 PM
So many and at this point it is inevitable that I will meet more as my job entails being surrounded by them. I am too lazy to name them all, but if I do I ever manage to work with Tyra Banks I am telling everyone.

The Man
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I've met George Lucas and several members of the band Yes. Sadly I met Lucas too long ago to remember the encounter particularly vividly but I do remember him saying that one of the best ways to get better at filmmaking is to watch more films, which is advice I have perhaps taken too much to heart as I tend to consume media pretty rabidly. I met the Yes guys at a signing and didn't really get to talk to them too long. Not sure what more I could've said anyway apart from "you guys are amazing musicians/songwriters and I love your music".

Pike
07-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Picture that happened when I was like... 9 or something.

Me on the left and my brother on the right.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1003091_10200770623460247_1859358505_n.jpg

Araciel
07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
None :(

Jinx
07-04-2013, 05:00 PM
HOLY CRAP LITTLE PIKE WAS ADORABLE

Bunny
07-05-2013, 02:18 AM
I briefly chatted with Bill Burr after a gig he did in LA before he had to leave for another show.

DMKA
07-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I met Ben Savage (AKA Corey from Boy Meets World) at a bowling alley when I was like 14, right after Boys Meets World ended, coincidentally. He was a pretty cool guy. Really nice, not at all stuck up.

Oh yeah, and I met Art Alexakis, the frontman of Everclear, a few years ago while I was in college. He's a really cool guy. I was such a fan of them at the time that when it was my turn to talk to him I choked and couldn't get anything else out aside of "nice to meet you". x)

I Don't Need A Name
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I've met Incubus at a VIP Meet and Greet thing and The Chuckle Brothers :jess:

Faris
07-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Only hockey players. It's like a requirement for being Canadian or something. :cool:

(I met Bobby Hull, he was chill)

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2013, 11:28 PM
I loooved Boy Meets World!

I can't wait for Girl Meets World to premiere.. I just hope Rider Strong comes back along with Ben & Danielle Fishel.