PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Lightning Returns: As Cloud Strife!

Aulayna
07-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Square Enix have just revealed details of pre-order bonuses for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. You may remember our coverage from E3 that showed off the various outfits Lightning could wear (http://home.eyesonff.com/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/150569-lightning-returns-shes-dressing-up-you.html) - one of them paying homage to Summoner Yuna. Well, the homages don't end there. The pre-order bonus for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is none other than Cloud Strife's SOLDIER outfit!

Complete with a Buster Sword,Soldier Band and victory pose and fanfare - you can effortlessly pull off the full Cloud look as you try to save the world! Perhaps emotional frailty will come included as standard too...

Check out the reveal video below:

ppvcqxfmPOE

As always this is a limited duration offer so if you want to see Light rocking this outfit be sure to get your pre-orders in soon! For more images and details of the offer head on over to the PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/02/get-clouds-buster-sword-uniform-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/).

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII releases on 11th February 2014 in the US. Is this pre-order DLC enough to convince you to part ways with your hard earned dough or will you be waiting until after release to pick up this game? Let us know in the comments below!

[Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/02/get-clouds-buster-sword-uniform-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/ ]

Del Murder
07-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Lightning is the female Cloud, so this makes sense. That's probably why SE loves her so much.

Depression Moon
07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
More proof that she's the female cloud. The victory fanfare is a nice touch too.

Formalhaut
07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I never pre-order, mainly because I never normally have money to do so.

Damn it as well, as that actually looks pretty amazing.

Mirage
07-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I think I'm going to kill someone if the preorder bonuses are anything more than just time limited exclusives.

nirojan
07-02-2013, 11:25 PM
*sigh* Damn...you got me Square :(. I put down a pre-order :cry:

Shorty
07-03-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm not so much a fan of the more recent Final Fantasies, but I love this new spin. Well done, SE.

KH-Cloudy
07-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Going to pre-order soon! If anything they could also be teasing fans of how Cloud's outfit and fanfare will look with its graphical update. :p

Venom65437
07-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Meh

Mahad
07-03-2013, 02:10 AM
No. Just, no.

Flaming Ice
07-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Next...FF 7 remake ..with lightning costume!

LunarWeaver
07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
That single shoulder pad is even more glorious than I remember.

LadyJuxtaposition
07-03-2013, 05:43 PM
It comes in my head that Lightning could be a Cloud Strife fangirl and wanted to do a cross-dress cosplay of him. Even if that's the case or not, she knows how to rock it! That is awesome! :D

Skyblade
07-04-2013, 06:12 AM
It comes in my head that Lightning could be a Cloud Strife fangirl and wanted to do a cross-dress cosplay of him. Even if that's the case or not, she knows how to rock it! That is awesome! :D

I have to admit, I love the idea of taking it as a cosplay.

Too bad she got it wrong though.

http://psoneclassics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cloud1.jpg

See? Notice anything? Specifically, the belts, and the Buster Sword.

Man, I loved the original Buster Sword. The new one just doesn't compare.

Freya
07-04-2013, 06:31 AM
don't they have a yuna outfit as well for lightning? I know why they are doing this. During our PR Q&A with Kitase and Toriyama someone had said to them that "a lot of fans liked the older series over the newer entries like XIII and XIII-2, what would they do to try to bring back the older fans?" And he was a bit offended by it and didn't really answer. Then suddenly now we have yuna and cloud outfits. COINCIDENCE? I think not.

Mirage
07-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Meh, Wall Market Cloud is still prettier.