PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see

Flying Mullet
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I got a fever of a hundred and three.

Well, not really, but I do love cranking up music in the car on the way to work in the morning. Outside of any ingested stimulants (caffeine, drugs, horse semen) what helps get you fired up for the new day?

Denmark
07-02-2013, 03:59 PM
music certainly helps. I need to get myself a way to control the music i hear and not be at the mercy of the radio in the morning.

apart from that, it depends on what i'm going to spend the day doing. i'm a little more excited for a day of fun than for a day of work, typically.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Nothing. My metabolism is shyte.

When I worked at the school and had to be up at the ass crack of dawn, morning radio I actually enjoyed. Steve Harvey's morning show was pretty funny sometimes and Woody & Jim in the Morning on another station is always hilarious. Especially Thursday Morning Phone Scam.

In Phoenix, that War of the Roses thing they did was nuts. IDK what station it was on anymore, but they'd basically have people call in who -knew- their significant other was cheating and find ways to bust them on the radio.

EDIT:

Back on track. .. If me & my bff @ Logan's were opening together, we'd meet up before hand and smoke a blunt and have a couple of beers before heading into work, rig the jukebox to play either "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney or "Me Neither" by Brad Paisley to play all day long on repeat and sneak drinks during our shift. Made the day go by much quicker and was always entertaining.

Flying Mullet
07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
In Phoenix, that War of the Roses thing they did was nuts. IDK what station it was on anymore, but they'd basically have people call in who -knew- their significant other was cheating and find ways to bust them on the radio.
I think the roses gig is done in most major cities. We have that here in Houston as well and I remember it being done in Denver when I lived there. Always an entertaining listen, yet sad at the same time.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Really? I only heard it in Phoenix.. We don't have anything like that here in Nashville. But then again, those are the only 2 major cities I've ever lived in, so..

Shorty
07-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Cranking up music, yeah. I drove the entire way to work with Fall Out Boy playing. No fucks were given!

Pike
07-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I always get 7-8 hours of sleep so I wake up fired up.

Pumpkin
07-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I just get up. I have to get up when the alarm goes off or I will just stay in bed. So I hop out of bed and just get on with it.

Chris
07-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I know what you people think I'm going to say, but in this case I'd be justified in doing so. Sex is the best way to start off start the day with. Even better when it's when someone other than yourself.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
o.O; I find it to be rather tiring, actually and just wanna crash back out afterwards.

Inferno
07-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Getting out of bed is an everyday-challenge for me. I hate mornings. I know a quick shower would help a lot, but I get up too late for that.
I always listen to music aboard the train while I'm getting to work... at least that cheers me up a little.

Sephex
07-02-2013, 07:30 PM
On the expressway, no one can hear you rock.

because if you're me you are usually driving fast with everyone else at very high speeds

Chemical
07-03-2013, 02:55 AM
I am not generally a fired up kind of person. Snooze alarms and long stretches and sipping tea in bed (I keep the kettle on the side table so I don't need to move)... then I read blogs, email, fb, eoff.... and an hour later maybe get up.

Jinx
07-03-2013, 02:59 AM
goddammit this song has been stuck in my head all day

Calliope
07-03-2013, 03:37 AM
every day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk)

Flaming Ice
07-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Nothing...everyday is just as boring.

Rebellious Eagle
07-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Music helps, or wearing a cute outfit that makes me want to go out and be seen rather than crawl back into bed.

Shiny
07-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Blasting Slow Ride. Slooooow ride take it easy!

fire_of_avalon
07-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Heck yeah Foreigner!

I put the windows down in the car and get really cold so I wake up.