PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Clouds are coming in from the west...

Jowy
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Cloud is now Lightning in every single copy of Final Fantasy VII shipped out and mass-marketed in 1997. Not a word of dialogue is changed through the entire game. Do you think that it would have still been "quite possibly the greatest game ever made?" How much controversy would have been sparked in your respective country with a homosexual protagonist?

I feel like this would have completely flopped in America and would have angered some intolerant wingnuts petitioning for a ban and possible stricter video game ratings given the timeframe when those became the norm. What are your thoughts on the subject at hand? How do you think the "FFVII experience" would have pandered out for you personally?

Mirage
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I think it would have been just as good a game for me. I might have taken a bit of time to get used to the whole "lol she's gay" thing, considering I was like 14 at the time, but I am pretty sure I would have gotten overr it after not very long. I doubt my relatively liberal parents would have cared at all, and I might even have developed acceptance for such things at a younger age as well.

I doubt it would have caused much of an uproar here in Europe, but in the US? Probably.

krissy
07-04-2013, 01:36 AM
wait this wasn't the case?!

anyway the whole wall market thing would've been interesting