PDA

View Full Version : Heading Off To America In 6 Days

Cuchulainn
07-03-2013, 09:26 PM

So i'm heading off to San Diego next week. Any suggestion as to what the fuck to do once I get there? Like, do American's drink as much as normal people do? Would anyone object to me swearing a lot? Will anyone understand my accent enough to even understand if I was swearing? Is it true everyone there is either really buff or really fat? Will I get touched inappropriately by Julian? So many questions. All ideas welcome. I'm mostly going to taste Capn Crunch again but am open to anything else.

Freya
07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, jules will touch you. I'm sure he'll take you out drinking lots too so you wont have to worry. From all his pictures he seems to party a lot so you should be good!

Pike
07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh hey my brother lives in San Diego.

Will anyone understand my accent enough to even understand if I was swearing?

Probably not.

Denmark
07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Like, do American's drink as much as normal people do?

you're really gonna have to qualify what you mean by "normal people" here. i'll assume Irish people, and say no, we don't. but we do drink a lot.

Jinx
07-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I thought you'd been to America in the past. Shouldn't you know what Americans are like?

Next time come to the East Coast.

Pike
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
But the East Coast is boring and they think they've got big imposing mountains when all they've got are cute little molehills

noxious.sunshine
07-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Oh whatevs. East coast has it's merits. Especially the South. Ha! As much as I hate it here, it's still worth the trip. Just for the lulz if nothing else.... Idk .. ive also gained more of an appreciation for Nashville since the flood in 2010 & so many of us lost everything. The people still suck in general though.

Cuchulainn
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I thought you'd been to America in the past. Shouldn't you know what Americans are like?

I was in the midwest. No one drank like me. I put it down to being in the middle of 2 red states.

Sephex
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM

I was in the midwest. No one drank like me. I put it down to being in the middle of 2 red states.

There are plenty of bars in my area (suburbs close to Chicago) where people make it their business to die of alcohol poisoning. You'd probably have a decent time around these parts in terms of drinking.

Shorty
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Will I get touched inappropriately by Julian?

As someone who has met Julian three times and been touched inappropriately during each of those times, I can you you that yes, it will happen.

He has also kissed two of the three EoFFers I have met him with. On the mouth.

Prepare yourself.

Jinx
07-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I would think red states drink way more that blue states. Liberals are too worried about organics and health and shit, and conservatives are like YEEEEHAW LET'S DRINK SOME BOOZE AND SHOOT SHIT.

Right?

Chris
07-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Have a good trip, Cuch, and stay true.

Inferno
07-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Like, do American's drink as much as normal people do?

Americans drink Bud Light... and you're irish. They'll be like : "All hail the Beer God !"

Rebellious Eagle
07-04-2013, 01:29 AM
There are some nice beaches near San Diego. They also have an awesome zoo and Sea World is super fun. But you can't drink alcohol in these places so... :greenie:

escobert
07-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Come on TSA you know you don't wanna let him in!

Yar
07-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Try some Mexican food while you're there btw. Shorty and my favorites include Tacos El Gordo (but go super trashed at like 3 am) and a cute little farmers market downtown that sells carne asada breakfast burritos <3

Flaming Ice
07-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Buy a gun.

fire_of_avalon
07-04-2013, 02:18 AM
But the East Coast is boring and they think they've got big imposing mountains when all they've got are cute little molehills

Excuse me, but your mountains are whippersnappers compared to the age of my mountains. My mountains are some of the oldest (therefore betterest) in the world AND they are home to an incredibly varied ecosystem.

Plus your mountains are all rocky and stuff. Mine have trees that go on forever. Trees are better than no trees!

So there! :p

EDIT: I propose an exchange program in which I go live in Bozeman for a month and you come live here and we compare notes because I would like to see your mountains.

EDIT2: Cuch, I would've sent you some Cap'n Crunch mouth shredding cereal.

Shiny
07-04-2013, 02:35 AM
How long will you be there?

Shorty
07-04-2013, 04:06 AM
Try some Mexican food while you're there btw. Shorty and my favorites include Tacos El Gordo (but go super trashed at like 3 am) and a cute little farmers market downtown that sells carne asada breakfast burritos <3

If you are in San Diego on a Sunday morning, go to the Gaslight District. There will be a farmer's market. Ignore all of the fruits and vegetables. There will be a tent with a little old hispanic woman and a younger hispanic woman. The younger one speaks english, then older one does not. They will make you the most smurfing amazing breakfast carne asada burritos you have ever had in your smurfing life. I would kill someone for one of that little hispanic lady's burritos again. Additionally, there should be a sort of lemonade stand where you can get mint strawberry (nonalcoholic) mojitos that are to die for.

Do these things. Do them.

Also, foa is wrong, the rockies are the best mountains.

NorthernChaosGod
07-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Oh, shit. I forgot you were coming. xD There's certainly drinking to be had if that's what you're after. And I'll probably touch you.

As someone who has met Julian three times and been touched inappropriately during each of those times, I can you you that yes, it will happen.

Prepare yourself.

You liked it.

Yar
07-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Oh, trout. I forgot you were coming. xD There's certainly drinking to be had if that's what you're after. And I'll probably touch you.

Prepare yourself.

You liked it.Gropefest 2011

Cuchulainn
07-04-2013, 09:18 AM
@Julian Yea dude I never really mentioned it again after telling you in Feb. It's what I do. I forget things. Cheers for you suggestions ppl, think I'll visit Seaworld and zoo to stare out ze animals. I really must try mexican food too, cant be any hotter than the indian food we get here. I've been told yuo lot call kebabs giros over there, what's up with that? A GIRO IS A PAY CHEQUE!

And Shorty the rockies win the mountain war on account of them not having wee gay hillbillies on them telling fat blokes they have a pretty mouth then raping them.

@FOA Send me Cappn Crunch.

@Shiny 2 weeks gilr. 2 weeks of sun. My pale irish skin won't know what's hit it. Mind you the week I leave the first 2 days it's gonna be hotter in Belfast than in SD. Typical.

Shiny
07-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Ok, see you down there.

Cuchulainn
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Sweet as. Let me know what's up and when it's up. I'm shocking at organising things.

noxious.sunshine
07-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Mexican food must be had. Tacos Al Pastor are awesome. So is Abogado. With nopales (grilled cactus) & the super duper spicy avocado-tomatillo salsa. Yummeh.

Pike
07-04-2013, 07:18 PM
I've been told yuo lot call kebabs giros over there, what's up with that?

I don't think this happens (at least in the part of America where I am) but they do spell them "kabob" for some reason and no one here eats them half as much as you guys do across the pond.

NorthernChaosGod
07-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Well there are a few EDM clubs here too if you'd like to check those out.

Flaming Ice
07-05-2013, 04:32 AM
@Julian Yea dude I never really mentioned it again after telling you in Feb. It's what I do. I forget things. Cheers for you suggestions ppl, think I'll visit Seaworld and zoo to stare out ze animals. I really must try mexican food too, cant be any hotter than the indian food we get here. I've been told yuo lot call kebabs giros over there, what's up with that? A GIRO IS A PAY CHEQUE!

Gyro (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_(food))

Wrong spelling there ;)

It's greek. Though I think I've only seen it used for a pita sandwich.